just another beat...

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

The Red Scare

just another beat...

Post by The Red Scare »

i think this is one of the more ambitious beats i've made recently.

"Cyborg Justice"

http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplaye ... 34640&q=hi
http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplaye ... 34640&q=lo
Last edited by The Red Scare on Mon May 15, 2006 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nacho Vidal

Post by Nacho Vidal »

why does this sample sound so familiar? Always your drums are on point. Bassline is on point throughout, and the strings and synths that come in are really well done. My only gripe is that it's an instrumental piece. I prefer more emcee appropriate type joints.
"Word is bond, I am the baddest...and all the honeys out there, word is bond, you know my status"

The Red Scare

Post by The Red Scare »

Nacho Vidal wrote:why does this sample sound so familiar?
:grin: probably 'cause you've heard the breakdown string sample before. Stoupe sampled it on an intelude for a JMT track.

thanks for the feedback man

bizzlestiltskin

Post by bizzlestiltskin »

you've been on that anti-capitalist vocal sample steez lately, huh?

Drums are on point on this. I like the less frantic drums. Usually you've got some crazy rhythms, but this is more traditional sounding.

The keys around 1:40 might just push this over the edge, in terms of how "computery" it sounds. This also sounds like videogame music in parts. You should make some fucking videogame soundtracks man.
"I'm platinum, bitch. And I didn't have to sell out." -- Ice Cube

http://www.myspace.com/doledrums
http://www.soundclick.com/lilbizzo

The Red Scare

Post by The Red Scare »

hmm i wonder how i can get into the videogame soundtrack industry. that would be fun

btw, i decided to ditch the vocal sample and rename the track

twob

Post by twob »

I like the song all in all, but I don't like those keys that someone had mentioned earlier. It sounds alright, I'm just not feeling it too much.

ROSARIO

Post by ROSARIO »

everything on this is on point as usual. but its not the best ive heard from you. all the melodys are dope though, i cant tell if there is more than one sample. which is a good thing. string section is raw. dammmn then hte keys. reminds me of some like robocop battles r2d2 over a mpc type shit. its dope.

nestle quik

Post by nestle quik »

with a name like "cyborg Justice" this demands to be heard

like the way you've flipped the main sample,the chopping is nice and not intrusive,and yeah those strings were used on a Jedi Mind interlude

the break down is crucial,nice added touch there,definately adds some dimension to this beat,not the best you've done but good none the less,your drums are nice and fluid but don't seem to hold it together the same as when you get really crazy with it

still,dope beat

Orale Holmes

Post by Orale Holmes »

really dope...Im feelin this one. I wish the kicks were a bit more wholesome and thick. but all in all I like the whole thing.

oh...and speed this up to about 98 bpm's...that would be dope as fuck...haha.

tayoisnt

Post by tayoisnt »

this is on some ol' wooly mammoth shit. just huge. motherfucking huge and confusing and...somehow affirming. nothing negative to say about this, homie. period. the programming digs the cut and lays back in it for all the right reasons, and those string swells that signify the transitory points are friggin awesome. the synth bridges are funkolatory. all in all, a-game material. well done, dude, as always. officially, you're the illest.
got more records than god.

www.myspace.com/tayoisnt is where i show how i use 'em.

axel foley

Post by axel foley »

was randomly searching for some stuff and came across this.

the breakdown is fucking lovely. as always you got that atmospheric vibe through out. props.