Good, free altrenatives to Reason/Cubase etc.

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Employee
Fast Eddie

Good, free altrenatives to Reason/Cubase etc.

Post by Employee »

My teenage cousin wants to buy Reason. Yet he has no knowledge/familiarity when it comes to making beats, computer software etc. I suggested that instead of shelling out $300 for a program he'll probably become immediately frustrated with, he try going the free/shareware route.

Is there anything on the net that comes close to Reason for free...? Just something he can familiarize himself with.

Any info would be appreciated.

The Red Scare

Post by The Red Scare »

I don't know of a free program comparable to Reason or Fruity Loops. But I just wanted to say that you can get Reason for $170 with the educational discount.

Or if you're okay with the whole piracy thing, you could download it for free.

citizen

Post by citizen »

save him the trouble and tell him to get a guitar, listen to mogwai and start writing emo music

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

The Red Scare wrote:
Doesn't this require serial keys and all kinds of other shit? Where can you even download it from?

Johnny Cherry

Post by Johnny Cherry »

Employee wrote:
The Red Scare wrote:
Doesn't this require serial keys and all kinds of other shit? Where can you even download it from?
Try a few torrent sites, Audionews.ru pretty much all the audio warez thats been released in the last year or so. I'm pretty sure reason 3's been cracked.

Theres a lot of free hosts but nothing like reason. Its quite easy to get into even if you have no knowledge of production also theres books you can buy that teach you how to use reason.

AWAE

Post by AWAE »

citizen wrote:save him the trouble and tell him to get a guitar, listen to mogwai and start writing emo music
if you're implying mogwai is emo...

nevermind

ROSARIO

Post by ROSARIO »

download reason. Edonkey will find it for ya no problem.