Joe Budden
4%
Kurupt
15%

Total votes: 113

Magneto

Who Was A Bigger Waste of Talent

Post by Magneto »

I'd say Kurupt. 1992-1996, he was unfuckwitable on the mic. He had one good album, and nothing else that really reached his potential.

This is based off any reasoning related to music. It couold be the artist fault, label politics, whatever the case may be. Who do you think, never lived up to their potential most?
Last edited by Magneto on Sat Oct 28, 2006 8:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"I spit that thug shit nigga, MOTHERFUCK singing"

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Is Kurupt an option or the title of the poll?

Method had the most charisma and the ultimate following when he broke on the scene, but Redman outshined him on most of their projects together and Method lost himself in trying to dupicate Mr. Noble. He hasn't had "it" since.

Percee P he was like Earl Manigault, you know he's talented just didn't know how he'd do as a "professional" rapper. I don't think he is capable of making an album that truly showcases his talent. He's mostly street hype due to his longevity battling.

Big L had the potential. Not really his fault as to why it never happened, but he wasn't a waste because he did leave us with some great tracks and stellar verses.

Canibus is a complete waste. I'll never understand his internet following, but he must have been on some Hale Bop shit with those kids.

Joe Budden is one of the best rappers out now. It's not his fault his Def Jam album sucked, well partially. He's matured and is making the only music I care to hear these days.

Answer = Canibus

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

Kurupt is one of my favorite emcees. He fell off for a few years there, but the DPG album was a return to form.

Big L is technically the biggest waste, what with death and all, but he put his talent to good use while he was here.

Canibus is the answer. His early mixtape work is the stuff legends are made of. His story does not end well.

blessingindisguise

Post by blessingindisguise »

Canibus then Big L for me. Canibus IMO peaked on Mic Club then he shoulda stopped there. Got some more party in his serious battle steeze and not beefed with LL then got Blacklisted. Percee P just took forever and missed the bus and had some bad deals. So yeah Canibus then Big L for me.

imageicb

Post by imageicb »

Bis lost it when he came out wit draft me which in its own light wasnt a horrible song but did start his fall off.

And Joe Buddens is still the truth.
"I finally figured out/ Hate is the new love"
-Joe Budden

ScholarWenis

Post by ScholarWenis »

rhymes accelerate through the cyclotron at five microns
No more Sasso. Now everybody call me Ron!

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

Post by Gregg Popabitch1 »

Eminem could very easily be on this list too. It's like he could never fully realize his potential with his on point technical ability and wit.

went with canibus.

Magneto

Post by Magneto »

Gregg Popabitch wrote:Eminem could very easily be on this list too. It's like he could never fully realize his potential with his on point technical ability and wit.

went with canibus.
Good point. Eminem did have a couple of good albums though, and did go like 500 times platinum.

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

Post by Gregg Popabitch1 »

Method man had a good album. Kurrupt had a good album. Budden had a good album but no one listened to it. the first method man album didn't go platinum?

btw, what does platinum have anything to do with it? are we talking about simply skill here?

Magneto

Post by Magneto »

Gregg Popabitch wrote:Method man had a good album. Kurrupt had a good album. Budden had a good album but no one listened to it. the first method man album didn't go platinum?

btw, what does platinum have anything to do with it? are we talking about simply skill here?
Yeah, but Eminem has widely considered great albums (Even though they don't personally aren't to me), while Method, Kurupt really don't have anything that is as widely praised as Marshall Mathers LP. Atleast Em has that to his name.

It's whatever you consider reaching potential. I think Method had a chance to be a huge star, like a mega star and make great albums. For Percee P, I don't think he could ever sell records, but he could maybe make a great album.

Funk Docta Bombay
Head Cynic In Charge
Location: Fuck You, Fuck You, You're cool, and fuck you I'm out.

Post by Funk Docta Bombay »

Definitely not Method Man.

Percee P is a strong contender but I have a feeling his lack of material grants him a mystique that he wouldn't have had if he dropped shit.

Canibus=Winner. Dude ripped those early appearances and then dropped total bunk.

Joe Budden...I'm still hoping for a Cormega like Indie comeback.

Kurupt. Eh, he dropped dope shit when dope shit was in fashion but he was never that impressive as a whole to me.

ackbar
Super Canadian

Post by ackbar »

kurupt & big l weren't really wastes of talent to me.. they both dropped their share of dope material.

oracle21

Post by oracle21 »

canibus owns this category

The ILLatino

Post by The ILLatino »

oracle21 wrote:canibus owns this category
http://www.twitter.com/the_illatino

RIP Josh
Galvatron78 wrote:I wanna put my head up Irina's skirt and say a Das Efx verse.

citizen

Post by citizen »

which album is kurupts good one? dogg pound? kuruption could have been good if it wasnt a double, but his rhymes are mostly bad

devoglam

Post by devoglam »

no way i'd go with big l. to me, dude has one classic album and one good album. canibus is the epitome of this thread though.

mud

Post by mud »

citizen wrote:which album is kurupts good one? dogg pound? kuruption could have been good if it wasnt a double, but his rhymes are mostly bad
tha streetz iz a mutha

Classic album
"Catch me in the corner not speaking"

CRASH DDZ

Post by CRASH DDZ »

Big L is deadthis would be the biggest waste.

period.

everyone else at least has the chance to record something amazing...

Life Visualiza

Post by Life Visualiza »

Inspectah Deck

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

Philaflava wrote: Joe Budden is one of the best rappers out now. It's not his fault his Def Jam album sucked, well partially. He's matured and is making the only music I care to hear these days.
then and now update pls
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »

drizzle wrote:
Philaflava wrote: Joe Budden is one of the best rappers out now. It's not his fault his Def Jam album sucked, well partially. He's matured and is making the only music I care to hear these days.
then and now update pls
whoa

RoKnew

Post by RoKnew »

Ras Kass should be on this list

Gregg Popabitch

Post by Gregg Popabitch »

Moolah wrote:
drizzle wrote:
then and now update pls
whoa
BURN

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

Post by EMCEE DARTH MALEK »

canibus has 2 good albums
1. Nas
2. Drake

that's pretty much it fam.

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

The ILLatino wrote:
oracle21 wrote:canibus owns this category
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

shadowmaster

Post by shadowmaster »

There came a time when Method Man's flows went from his more complicated early style to a a much more straightforward format, with other people I'd say it's to attract more listeners but he was always popular...
Kool Keith: I wore a straw hat with a feather to the last Source Awards. When I got to Madison Square Garden everybody was looking at me. When I got back home I seen everybody and their mother in their video wearing a fuckinג€™ straw hat with a feather in it.

Tim Dog: ג€œWhat Kool Keith gonna wear? Iג€™m gonna do that shit in my video. Iג€™m gonna wear that shit really quick. Whatג€™s Tim Dog gonna wear?ג€

Seen?

Post by Seen? »

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/csgTnTlY62E?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/csgTnTlY62E?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

david111

Post by david111 »

mud wrote:
citizen wrote:which album is kurupts good one? dogg pound? kuruption could have been good if it wasnt a double, but his rhymes are mostly bad
tha streetz iz a mutha

Classic album
yeah this. i cant agree w/ kurupt being on here

ScholarWenis

Post by ScholarWenis »

Can't remember who I voted for, possibly Budden.
No more Sasso. Now everybody call me Ron!

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Canibus accumulating 4x the votes of Percee P is some bizarro shit. Percee P had the world in the palm of his hand and, more importantly, the tangible, jaw-dropping skill to match expectations. But it never materialized. (No Wick-Wick or AC The Pantyhose Boy) Unless his story is deeper than what is out in the public record, his lack of commercial success is one of the biggest "WTF's" in Rap history.