can I get some feedback on my beats?

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

phillipdrummond

can I get some feedback on my beats?

Post by phillipdrummond »

myspace.com/phillipdrummond

"cadillacbbqgrill" is the most recent one, I programmed the drums, bass and moog.

"high times" is like a year or so old and I'm trying to press up on vinyl along with "music for dope runs"

"fracas" with franco (the bottom/4th one which you might not be able to see now that myspace is being funny and only showing three songs) is actually from a couple years ago.
MFDR.BIZ (music for dope runs site)
myspace.com/musicfordoperuns

The Red Scare

Post by The Red Scare »

welcome to the lab

cadillacbbqgrill-- this is fresh. i dig the vocal chops and the drums ride nicely. the moog sounds good, nice work with that. the horn and piano samples are tight. good shit man

high times-- lovin the sax in this. drums are dope. the rapping is on point too. feeling this track for sure, great work.

InfiniteSkillz

Post by InfiniteSkillz »

"cadillacbbqgrill" ..... I want to hear '89-'93 de la soul on this beat forreal !

WOOOOO you got a comment from a internetbeatmakinglegend !! shjii, gotta love that

wordthefuckup

phillipdrummond

Post by phillipdrummond »

thanks for the feedback. that's lush one rappin on "high times" and "Music for dope runs"
MFDR.BIZ (music for dope runs site)
myspace.com/musicfordoperuns

InfiniteSkillz

Post by InfiniteSkillz »

u b illin phillip

Captin Planit

Post by Captin Planit »

Oh, shit, indie celebrity, what's good.

I haven't been frequenting the boards as of late, but I'll check the stuff in the new future.

The Phat Anorexic

Post by The Phat Anorexic »

All the posted tracks are very lovely man. Let's swap some samples (no homo).

tayoisnt

Post by tayoisnt »

cadillacbbqgrill - honestly, if fudge pudge had been initially recorded over this, monche would be just as relevant, and po would probably matter more to women. funky in all the right fucking spots, the transitory section is coolie high. grows right back into the pocket, good money, homie.

music for dope runz - easy as hell to hear, will likely show this to friends later on. i wish the mc sounded a bit more comfortable, but, honestly, it's just a great fucking song. the beat lopes along just slow enough to knock pulses back a gear or two. i love indie hip-hop that sounds like indie hip-hop, with all that grainy ambition, y'know? woo. grand shit, dude.

high times - god bless '64 and the basses they did slap in those days. awww, jesus, this is on some ol' souls of mischief shit, without sounding anything other than honest. new classicism is a beautiful thing. golly, but this song is absolutely fantastic. wow. nothing bad to say here. marvelous. am downloading for later. great work.

fracas - ha, bring in the bombast, or at least manufacture it with a ringy hihat and active bitcrusher plugin. i really dig this beat, not sure if the mc rocks it properly. he's definitely dope, but, i feel like he wrote this for something a little less...gutsy. chipped the edges off the bars and hoped for the best. came out solid, but, i dunno, i like the beat better than the rapper. shit. wait. got to the second verse. damn. retract all that fussiness. the kid is specific and talented and apparently carrying lungs that hit his ankles.

all in all, good shit. brilliant work.
got more records than god.

www.myspace.com/tayoisnt is where i show how i use 'em.

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

cadillacbbgrill --- Nice and soulful. I swear you could mix this with Live At The BBQ. The drums are crisp and the changes up in are crazy.

music for dope runz --- Reminds of early Eastern Conference shit for some reason.

High Times ft. Lush --- Sounds like its pretty dope. Just needs to be up a way way way way louder than what it is.

Fracas --- The quality of the track is there. I think the flow that emcee has on the song could've been a bit slower. Other than that, that joint is straight.

Decent tracks, man. Feeling it.
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

Sherlock

Post by Sherlock »

cadillac-one of hte funkiest and smoothest beats ive heard in a while. this is great music.

music for dope runz is very dope.

high times-sick sick beat. loooove the drums.

Fracas has a hot sample, man. the ride seems like a little too much to me. maybe if it was just a little lower?

great music, man. i slept on Sacred. Might have to check out now.
indeed