Update on the Posse Cut

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Update on the Posse Cut

Post by Philaflava »

I haven't forgot, but as you know this is in Martins hands now. He was suppose to return from vacation on Dec 12 and he did email me but since then I haven't heard from him and he hasn't responded to my PM's or emails. I hate to put this out there but it's not fair that a lot of you ask me daily the status and I don't have the answers.

If any of you know Martin see whats up cuz it would have been nice to put this out by the New Years.

As for cuts, he has yet to get back to me with his decisions so I don't know the definites yet.

CHANCE RANDOM

Post by CHANCE RANDOM »

lame.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

hopefully things get handled soon. i hope martin is alive.

Can-U

Post by Can-U »

can-u is alive as always

CHANCE RANDOM

Post by CHANCE RANDOM »

Can-U wrote:can-u is alive as always
:lol: :lol:

i have pro tools and i could mix anything needed down, if the services are needed. i'd love to, actually.

Renessis

Post by Renessis »

QWALMS wrote:
Can-U wrote:can-u is alive as always
:lol: :lol:

i have pro tools and i could mix anything needed down, if the services are needed. i'd love to, actually.
Mee tooo!! And I work at a studio so I have access to a lot of nice gear. But I wouldn't want to mix it...sounds daunting haha.

But thanks for this little bit of news phila.

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

and this is the same shit that somewhat happened with that "where i'm from" idea that fizzled into nothing.
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

^ believe me i mentioned that in both my emails to martin.

i have all the verses and if need be i'll make the call on the cuts. i just thought since it was his beat he should mix it, but i say we give him until wed.

then whoever can get this mixed within a week, the job is yours...

cool? i promise i will not let this fizzle.

Martin

Post by Martin »

yeah theres definitely no way its getting done by wednesday.

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

Martin wrote:yeah theres definitely no way its getting done by wednesday.
ok, this confirms it. who's next to get this down right mixed and ready to go for the 08?

CHANCE RANDOM

Post by CHANCE RANDOM »

like i said, i'd be down to try my hand. can-u seems pretty willing as well. it's whatevers.

torchETB

Post by torchETB »

oh good, you're both in here. Gloss/Martin, have you guys received my submission?
Galvatron78 wrote:I'm that nigga that dont even eat long french fries so that gay shit is out of the question.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

well being that you haven't responded until now, i'm just going to move forward with the cuts and have somebody else mix it. hope you don't mind, but from your lack of communication or consideration i doubt you would.

Martin

Post by Martin »

i think i told you at least once it would get done but i have many MANY more important things going on in my life right now than this posse cut that 40 people will listen to once.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Martin wrote:i think i told you at least once it would get done but i have many MANY more important things going on in my life right now than this posse cut that 40 people will listen to once.
nobody told you to stop living. but you ONLY told me you were going on vac and returning on the 12th. you just have horrible communication skills. you can say it wasn't a priority, but then you'd just have no consideration for others. it's not like you DIDN'T get my PM's or emails. just communicate and all of this could have been avoided and i'd have what to tell those who have inquired.

Captin Planit

Post by Captin Planit »

Martin. Top tier producer. Consistent asshole.

And that's why we here at the Sound Lab love him.

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

Martin wrote:i think i told you at least once it would get done but i have many MANY more important things going on in my life right now than this posse cut that 40 people will listen to once.
um, we didn't know that shit. you could've told Gloss that and he could've had someone else try to mix it down and make the cuts and etc.; on top of that, letting us know the status of the posse cut. if Gloss hit you up and you didn't communicate back you weren't able to do it, that shit is on you. time's been wasted and the whole thing could've been mixed by now. c'mon man.......

Can-U

Post by Can-U »

Captin Planit wrote:Martin. Top tier producer. Consistent asshole.

i did a fine job on the last one considering the amount of people that sent it in. the quality of the audio, structure of the beat and how their accapellas were lined up (some not at all). so since this ones only supposed to be 6 verses and supposedly everyone sent their shit in on time and rhythm it should be a lot better mixdown. if qwalms really wants it thats fine, i just trust my compression skills when it comes to vocals.

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

Can-U wrote:
Captin Planit wrote:Martin. Top tier producer. Consistent asshole.

i did a fine job on the last one considering the amount of people that sent it in. the quality of the audio, structure of the beat and how their accapellas were lined up (some not at all). so since this ones only supposed to be 6 verses and supposedly everyone sent their shit in on time and rhythm it should be a lot better mixdown. if qwalms really wants it thats fine, i just trust my compression skills when it comes to vocals.
uh oh, i owe you a beat. :grin:

:copy: myself

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

let me go thru all the verses and then i'll hit up can-u or whoever wants to mix it this week. tell me what you need to make this easier. i have both the verses to the beat and accas.

i'll only send a zip of the verses to be on the cut along with the order i'd suggest.

arkham

Post by arkham »

Philaflava wrote:
well being that you haven't responded until now, i'm just going to move forward with the cuts and have somebody else mix it. hope you don't mind, but from your lack of communication or consideration i doubt you would.
Dumb idea. Martin's the best producer on this forum and will have the best sens of how his own work should sound. You're jumping the gun to appease bitchy people.

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

arkham wrote:
Philaflava wrote:
Dumb idea. Martin's the best producer on this forum and will have the best sens of how his own work should sound. You're jumping the gun to appease bitchy people.
no, we're not. if he can't do it, then he can't do it. just get someone who has time to mix it down and thats it. i know what you're saying from the aspect of the producer but at the same time......there's people on here who can mix and engineer nicely, too; that also have the time to do it. and if he didn't communicate back well that he didn't have time then, i don't feel like its jumping the gun. besides, we've had shit on here before where everything fell through. and its about time we break that habit.....

Piff Tannen

Post by Piff Tannen »

i think my verse was like 9 bars or something stupid

Can-U

Post by Can-U »

arkham wrote:
Philaflava wrote:
while he's a good producer, martins not the best producer on this board either

Renessis

Post by Renessis »

Okay now fellas lets try and not get our mic chords in a tangle.

It might be better that the producer(martin) not mix the project who knows.

Time will tell eh? Let's just come to a respectful decision.

Renessis

Post by Renessis »

dp

CHANCE RANDOM

Post by CHANCE RANDOM »

:teehee:

just pick some one.

Can-U

Post by Can-U »

i'll do it, the end

CHANCE RANDOM

Post by CHANCE RANDOM »

fine, just don't have four minute long breaks between verses.

SUCKA!

Can-U

Post by Can-U »

QWALMS wrote:fine, just don't have four minute long breaks between verses.

SUCKA!
that was how the beat was structured last time around. i think i even asked gloss how do you want to do this and from what was said that is what was supposed to be done. along with the fact that i asked to leave the chorus i knowi could have looped it differently but believe it or not mixing a fuckin 14 minute song was already pretty time consuming. this one i'm confident wont be. hopefully people came with some good shit.