4 New Joints(3 Beats + 1 On Air Freestyle). also BIG news.

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

tayoisnt

4 New Joints(3 Beats + 1 On Air Freestyle). also BIG news.

Post by tayoisnt »

peace fam. i've been wild busy lately. for good reason, surprisingly. um. last week, i was appointed as a senator in my country. one of the two youngest in our history, which is rather neat. needless to say, i've been dumb occupied. here's some of the more recent work i've put in on a couple different levels.

Victim:

http://www.zshare.net/audio/6015698fa50e09/

- kinda cool chop job, i think. you can find the bassline in the beginning, if you care about such things.

Knocker:

http://www.zshare.net/audio/6015801191abb9/

- shamelessly classicist, but it bumps, i think.

Might Gotta Get Married:

http://www.zshare.net/audio/60158543888ce9/

- this is quite lovely. very simple, but heavy all at once. one of the better things i've been able to muddle together recently, imho.

Hott 1075 PSA Freestyle:

http://www.zshare.net/audio/60156522e9b54a/

- on top of the senator thing, i've been able to maintain as the morning guy on the number one show/station on the island. we get up to a bunch of the standard tomfoolery, but i try and boombap it out whenever possible. my cohost was out of town for a week, so i replaced her with a rhyme a day. clearly, she was annoyed by the concept, but the verses were kinda cool, i think.

anyhoo. lemme know what y'all think. thanks again for the support. deuces.
got more records than god.

www.myspace.com/tayoisnt is where i show how i use 'em.

dirtybird

Post by dirtybird »

victim---dopeness---I'm lovin those sudden-rather unexpected chops- this song is seriously fukin sick---nice drums too--nice slurred effect--in fact I'm downloading this shit--it's going in rotation

knocker--chill beat--not nearly as good as the last--but dope nonetheless--real mellow vibe

might gotta get married- mellow--I like whatever that percussive layer is--gives it a nice offtempo swing- dope samples too

Freestyle-- that's you rappin? dopeness---I wanna hear that album you dropped- or at least more lyrics- beats dope too--

peace
[/i]

CHANCE RANDOM

Post by CHANCE RANDOM »

jaw dropping stuff as per usual. i really like might gotta get married. those violins are killer.

the rhyme was nice too, very playful. you have a good voice for rhyming.

oh yeah, congrats on becoming a senator too. thanks for the feedback.

Piff Tannen

Post by Piff Tannen »

senator ytayo bringing the heat. can you get me a govt appointed grant or something

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

congrads on that senator gig, man. thats big bidness right there.

victim --- ok, thats it.....i'm officially going to download this beat and record to it and send it back for your approval. i must do at least one trac kwith you....besides that "where i'm from"/defunct project we were all trying to do.

knocker --- how'd get those snaps panned out like that so nicely on both ends? everything is smooth on this. nicely done.

mighta got married --- this is a joint you could hear an ill story over. cut those hihats up a little bit and i think it'll be good all around.

Hott 1075 PSA Freestyle --- can we please get an album from you ASAP?
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

Remo the Great

Post by Remo the Great »

Damn... Ain't had a chance to peep the beats, but just that senator shit is big... Goddam man. Congratulations. I'm suprised u have time for us (or for beats). Here's hopin you make a positive impact.
GoddyNoMore... You can call me Alex.

The Beat Break - A Blog dedicated to Hip-Hop Producers, their music, and their tools.
Alex Minor Dot Com - New name. Get Used to it.

Nacho Vidal

Post by Nacho Vidal »

"Knocker" and "Gotta Get Married" are SICKENING...! Best shit I heard in months. Your attention to detail really demotivates me.

That first joint I liked, but not as much, and the freestyle isn't streaming for some reason.
"Word is bond, I am the baddest...and all the honeys out there, word is bond, you know my status"

Hasenfefer

Post by Hasenfefer »

Damn Tay, it's been a while since i got to hear some of your joints. Fuck, i'm still jealous of your crates.

Victim - Ill. Vocal chops are classic tayo. Not sure if it's my system but the drums sound like they could hit a tad harder. Your knack for chopping samples and blending is unreal.

Knocker - This is silly smooth. Samples are just butter and the bassline sits beautifully under everything. Liken the panned snare layers. Transitions are well done.

PSA Freestyle - Always dig hearing you on the mic. Hopefully I didn't miss it, but have you dropped an album recently by any chance?