Is this board guilty of an anti-white rapper bias?

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Employee
Fast Eddie

Is this board guilty of an anti-white rapper bias?

Post by Employee »

Can-U wrote:obviously i'm white so perhaps it hurts my credibility but nevertheless some peoples outlook on white emcees is faulty on here. Not everybody is okwerdz or Beedie or EZ Mac. With that being said. this song is fuckin dope. props to wes for shaking his curse of being white.

Thun

Post by Thun »

Hopefully.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Statistics haven't been kind to the pale rapper. Minus the internet, Myspace and Bar Mitzvah money, 75% of them wouldn't even exist. That's not to say there aren't an abundance of wack black rappers but still.

It's kinda like reverse discrimination. Would you rather 400,000 people rapping/sounding/looking like Okwerdz or Hurricane Chris?

Not everybody can be the next Em, El or :sluggo:

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Philaflava wrote:
It's kinda like reverse discrimination. Would you rather 400,000 people rapping/sounding/looking like Okwerdz or Hurricane Chris?
:rofl:

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

Philaflava wrote:Statistics haven't been kind to the pale rapper. Minus the internet, Myspace and Bar Mitzvah money, 75% of them wouldn't even exist. That's not to say there aren't an abundance of wack black rappers but still.

it's true.

straight up, very few white males have found their own voice and own purpose in hip hop. not that you're not allowed in, but when you're here, you better offer something of real value instead of taking everything but the burden.

El-P, Eminem, Slug (~sorta~ :grin: ), and Cage, Everlast (really, he deserves respect), Copywrite (fuck the :copy: , his lyricism/wordplay is murderous) and Edan are some of the great white rappers out there. There's more, but for every good white rapper, there's a lot more white rapping males (and females) that don't have enough of a grasp of the vast intangibles they need to understand to have a continued existence in this hip hop shit.

sure the same shit exists for black men (all these fuckin Jeezy/Wayne/Jigga/Fab/50/Camron clones will never fucking go anywhere no matter how much they think they are the next "best rapper alive", bwahaha), but it's just different. its like comparing black and white corporations: two totally different leagues in the same game.

will there ever be another Eminem-mania? hmmmm...

:killacam:

the only thing we know for sure is: RAP IS OUTTA CONTROL :ironmike:
Last edited by Mindbender Futurama on Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Slug ain't white, bruh.

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

If it wasn't for the bias, this board wouldn't exist.
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

e-styles

Post by e-styles »

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

R.A. is dope and gets nuff respect. He wouldn't have advanced in the tournament if he didn't.

He is one of the few who are truly gifted.

Mock Duck

Post by Mock Duck »

white rappers are getting worse as time goes on

I dare you to peep the disgusting mess that Minnesota is churning out

barf city
eat rotten mock duck

Can-U

Post by Can-U »

dont get me wrong, i think there are tons of wack white rappers but its not simply because they're white. There are plenty of horrible colored emcees too. lately i've seen a few posts, especially from you phila talkin about how every white emcee should quit rapping. obviously i dont think you fully feel like that but that attitudes not gonna do anything but promote a bias on good artists. like what i saw going on in that wes thread, instead of it being about a good track he just made its about how he's white.

Vlad Analogue

Post by Vlad Analogue »

Can-U wrote:dont get me wrong, i think there are tons of wack white rappers but its not simply because they're white. There are plenty of horrible colored emcees too. lately i've seen a few posts, especially from you phila talkin about how every white emcee should quit rapping. obviously i dont think you fully feel like that but that attitudes not gonna do anything but promote a bias on good artists. like what i saw going on in that wes thread, instead of it being about a good track he just made its about how he's white.

:omgracist: :omgracist: :omgracist: :omgracist: :omgracist: :omgracist:/ :omgracist: :omgracist: :omgracist: :omgracist: :omgracist:

Thun

Post by Thun »

Can-U wrote:dont get me wrong, i think there are tons of wack white rappers but its not simply because they're white. There are plenty of horrible colored emcees too. lately i've seen a few posts, especially from you phila talkin about how every white emcee should quit rapping. obviously i dont think you fully feel like that but that attitudes not gonna do anything but promote a bias on good artists. like what i saw going on in that wes thread, instead of it being about a good track he just made its about how he's white.
Can-U, I think you're a dope rapper and if you happen to be white then my condolences to you, but can we be painfully truthful here and just acknowledge that pretty much every ethnic group outside of Blacks and Puerto Ricans has a 99.9999999% FAIL rate when it comes to rapppers....

To put it another way, close your eyes and picture hip-hop without any white emcees, ever. Then open your eyes, close them again, and imagine hip-hop without any black emcees, ever. SURELY a different picture emerges...

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

can-u, if you don't know my humor (or how its developed) over the years you'll know most of what i say in this forum is mostly for entertainment purposes and sometimes with a kernel of truth. i don't think every white rapper should retire, maybe most but not all. i don't know wes, never heard his music so my response in his thread was for the sake of the phila reputation.

but you and me are white and we're in love with a black culture you can't help be feel inferior trying to emulate it. the bar is set real high my friend. most white rappers have nasly voices and rap about nothing because they don't nearly have the same life stores. they just aren't all that interesting and their looks? don't get me started cuz msot of the time you can write off a rapper just on their appearance.

they shell out a few $ for a 16 bars from sean p, g rap or royce and may get a b-level producer and think they're about to blow.

there is so much more to music than that. and people think what happens on the internet happens in real life, FALSE! most rappers aren't in it for the real reasons. they're novelties that eventually see the light by the time they hit 30's or just run out of $. i blame fraternities and liquid courage on why there are so many net emcees today. you drink a little o.e. you do a double take to see if there are any blacks around and then you start to cipher with your friends luke, teddy and neal.

NO THANK YOU!

THEY DON'T BELONG ON A STAGE, THEY BELONG IN A CUBICLE.

Dunnnnleavy

Post by Dunnnnleavy »

speaking as a white person, i don't think the white voice sounds very good rapping (generally, of course)...it's in the flow.
When people think of Providence, Rhode Island they typically think of organized crime

ALASKA

Post by ALASKA »

white people are so insecure.

ape9

Post by ape9 »

Iam feelin a few white rappers....

but it seems most white rappers lack that passion behind their music that is only gain through experience like they went through some shit... and honestly how may white rappers today have been through some shit? prolly not many... (and I am not saying white people don't have hard times)

take Brother Ali for example .. duke convinces me that he has experienced the struggle through the way he makes his music...

basically what I am trying to say is that I like music with passion the struggle/the realness if you will... something I can personally relate too.. and the fact is not to may white rappers do that for me... except for a select few....my2cents

The Ivy League Nigga

Post by The Ivy League Nigga »

Mindbender Futurama wrote:
Philaflava wrote:Statistics haven't been kind to the pale rapper. Minus the internet, Myspace and Bar Mitzvah money, 75% of them wouldn't even exist. That's not to say there aren't an abundance of wack black rappers but still.

it's true.

straight up, very few white males have found their own voice and own purpose in hip hop. not that you're not allowed in, but when you're here, you better offer something of real value instead of taking everything but the burden.

El-P, Eminem, Slug (~sorta~ :grin: ), and Cage, Everlast (really, he deserves respect), Copywrite (fuck the :copy: , his lyricism/wordplay is murderous) and Edan are some of the great white rappers out there. There's more, but for every good white rapper, there's a lot more white rapping males (and females) that don't have enough of a grasp of the vast intangibles they need to understand to have a continued existence in this hip hop shit.

sure the same shit exists for black men (all these fuckin Jeezy/Wayne/Jigga/Fab/50/Camron clones will never fucking go anywhere no matter how much they think they are the next "best rapper alive", bwahaha), but it's just different. its like comparing black and white corporations: two totally different leagues in the same game.

You probably shouldn't post in this thread, seeing as your mere existence is a pretty good argument for a bias against Black rappers.

Reggie
Jennie C is a Fucking Asshole

Post by Reggie »

Mindbender Futurama wrote:it's true.

FUCKING LOL AT YOU DETERMINING ANYTHING FOR HIP HOP WHATSOEVER

bent

Post by bent »

yes.

There

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

Philaflava wrote:

can-u, if you don't know my humor (or how its developed) over the years you'll know most of what i say in this forum is mostly for entertainment purposes and sometimes with a kernel of truth. i don't think every white rapper should retire, maybe most but not all. i don't know wes, never heard his music so my response in his thread was for the sake of the phila reputation.

but you and me are white and we're in love with a black culture you can't help be feel inferior trying to emulate it. the bar is set real high my friend. most white rappers have nasly voices and rap about nothing because they don't nearly have the same life stores. they just aren't all that interesting and their looks? don't get me started cuz msot of the time you can write off a rapper just on their appearance.

they shell out a few $ for a 16 bars from sean p, g rap or royce and may get a b-level producer and think they're about to blow.

there is so much more to music than that. and people think what happens on the internet happens in real life, FALSE! most rappers aren't in it for the real reasons. they're novelties that eventually see the light by the time they hit 30's or just run out of $. i blame fraternities and liquid courage on why there are so many net emcees today. you drink a little o.e. you do a double take to see if there are any blacks around and then you start to cipher with your friends luke, teddy and neal.

NO THANK YOU!

good point but you may want to listen to wes's music first dammit :lol:

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

ardamus wrote:
Philaflava wrote:

NO THANK YOU!

can't, he's white. :lol:

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

Philaflava wrote:
ardamus wrote:
Philaflava wrote:

NO THANK YOU!

can't, he's white. :lol:
:phila: is :omgracist: against himself. Self hatred in full-effect, yo....

at least listen to see what kind of cubicle he belongs in to see if he should sit by the window or the water cooler.

the R

Post by the R »

Philaflava, does not care, about white people

e-styles

Post by e-styles »

that's 'cause they don't make 'em like this no more

http://youtube.com/watch?v=z8cwkGvWneo

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

the R wrote:Philaflava, does not care, about white people
should've made this the :phila: tee

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

all y'all Mindbender haters, I'd like to enlighten you, once and for all, that my hip hop opinion is published in multiple publications worldwide, plus I have performed across North America with my music.

your small definitions of hip hop don't disqualify those who are doing something different than you, ha ha.

peep the new XXL for one of the pieces with my name on it, it's called "I'm So Fly". I'm hip hop

Alaska is also a dope white MC, fo shiggadale. So is my homie Adam Bomb (insane :ohcanada: Caucasian.) Up here we got lots of dope white rappers, but they will probably remain unknown cause of politics, etc.

I don't really give a fuck about "race", tho so :megaman:
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Conspiracy

Post by Conspiracy »

white people should rap about whit things the way black people rap about black things

jim carrey on IN LIVING COLOR or WEIRD AL'S one about chamillionaire
white people CAN rap it's just that they dont/blacks CAN join the system and work legal but they dont..stereotypical semi-truth

i like the white rap internet cats but only for one-time filler comedy jokes and shit

'BOUNCE WIGGA'?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! i quit..im not that good...etc

i like all my white cats like eminem,cage,ill bill, rA the rugged man, kid hood [he's white? rip] necro, everlast, buck 65, madchild, STAY,EL-P adam bomb, paul wall [barely] copywrite [call khari], apathy, eternia, emotionz

and others that are cool with conspiracy

but life stories by nubian culture are on lock by black african americans.yo

if white musicians want any sort of real respect and success,whites need try to expand upon the original black rappers like ICE T, ICE CUBE, MC REN, DR DRE, LUDACRIS, SCARFACE, PREVAIL 1, Q-TP,CONSPIRACY, METHODMAN, SEAN PRICE, MINDBENDER, MYSTERIO, SLICK RICK, BIG DADDY KANE, KOOL G RAP, NAS, BIGGIE SMALLS, TUPAC, DIGITAL UNDERGROUND, RZA, LAST EMPEROR, CAMU TAO [RIP FOREVER LOVER]---TAME ONE, LL COOL J, EPMD, WU TANG CLAN, DE LA SOUL, SALT AND PEPA, LIL KIM, LATIFAH, TREACH, SAUKRATES, RED 1, JAKKI, SNOOP DOGG, COOLIO, RUN DMC, PUBLIC ENEMY AND JAY ELECTRONICA OR MF DOOM BUSTA RHYMES ABSTRACT RUDE BLACK THOUGHT, MORE

LEARN WISELY ONCE, CUZ YOU MAY NOT GET ANOTHER TRY..white homie

if black people can make money from all the white rappers, more power to everybody, all parties [big pun intended] involved

BRAND NUBIAN said:"ONE FOR ALL & ALL FOR ONE"
REFLECT, SHARE LIGHT, WELL SHARE DARK
AMC
www.conspiracyscreations.com
everybody sharing all the food, liquor, drugs, and money for free spiritual knowledge and PUSSY....
extraterrestrial illumination has been discovered!(Really.)
top 10-BUSTA-RZA-AZ-REDMAN-NAPTRON-APATHY-ABSTRACT RUDE-BLACK THOUGHT-DR DRE-SCARFACE (and Supernatural as a bonus 11*)
2010 C

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

CAMU TAO [RIP FOREVER LOVER]
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

Money Gripp

Post by Money Gripp »

Conspiracy wrote:white people should rap about whit things the way black people rap about black things
Are you trying to say, in roundabout way, that it's time for, say, Symantiks to grab the mic and unleash lyrics of fury on subjects like antiquing, gentrification of major cities, and wearing ironic, psuedo-witty t-shirts?

Cause it sure sounds like that.