The Nas Thread

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

B. Ware tha Siniq

Post by B. Ware tha Siniq »

Mindbender Futurama wrote:
B. Ware tha Siniq wrote:People are still talking about this? Really?

Album sucks, end of thread. :lock:
dont you dare.
album is relevant.

y'all haters, go listen to Weezy
I'm not gonna lock your precious thread mindbender. I'm just baffled it's still goin'.

And weezy's record is dope, but the Banner and Killer Mike have my attention this week.
https://soundcloud.com/jay-beware/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

None

Post by None »

Mindbender Futurama wrote:

dont you dare.
album is relevant.

y'all haters, go listen to Weezy
You're an idiot, and the sad thing is Weezy made a better album.

admiral

Post by admiral »

Mindbender Futurama wrote:album is relevant.
to who?

name a groundbreaking idea put forward on this atrocity of an album...

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

I thought MB was thoroughly disappointed with this album when he heard it? Did I see something that didn't happen?

Drastik

Post by Drastik »

Idk wtf is wrong with me, but this album is growin on me just like the vast album did.... ONE more week of listening and I'll know if I'm copping it.
"Anything posted/said by Drastik is false and should not be taken seriously."

Req

Post by Req »

admiral wrote:
to who?
hip-hop fans i'd suppose

Gloss this forum is getting slaughtered on Soundcircuit, they sayin all we listen to here is Vordul and El-P. I demand u get over there and start a 10pg argument. Or at least make a thread over there saying "*steps into the middle of the street and calls out 4Chan*" and then :megaman:
F.U. MOOLAH

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

SC are a bunch of fags. Is anyone their reputable? It's a bunch of Canadians and 2Pac lovers. There is a reason rappers and producers come here to discuss and the reason Kno is their biggest rapper who posts over there (no offense Kno).

DEWD Makaveli was the GOAT.

True King

Post by True King »

lol.. this nigga here man

admiral

Post by admiral »

Req wrote:
admiral wrote:
to who?
hip-hop fans i'd suppose

Gloss this forum is getting slaughtered on Soundcircuit, they sayin all we listen to here is Vordul and El-P.
I'm guessing they wouldn't know 75% of the artists posted about in TROY

B. Ware tha Siniq

Post by B. Ware tha Siniq »

Req wrote:
admiral wrote:they sayin all we listen to here is Vordul and El-P.
Yeah they clearly spend a lot of time looking at our forum.

Wat is a soundcircuit?
https://soundcloud.com/jay-beware/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Here is a link to the thread but I think the shit talking is done on page 61.
http://www.soundcircuit.com/cboard/show ... ost3921325

Basically that board feels like they have the superior judgment when it comes to hip-hop. They are going gaga for the new Nas shit. To me, what it comes down to is either you love the album and you just happen to be closer to 20 y/o and maybe you heard I Am before Illmatic or you're like us closer to 30 and know this is way below Nas standards and not to be considered "classic" status like the herbs at Sound Circuit seem to throw-out.

SC is a forum that most older HHI knows about so thats why guys like Req, mud or whoever frequent that place and find out about this shit. I'd also imagine since they seem to think they know a lot about us they lurk here as well.

Poor Alaska got bashed because he is the 4th most famous and the funniest thing was some douche said and I quote

"your site is still inferior though. we've been had better arguers here for a while and it's resulted in more logical opinions."

Apparently they don't know the talent pool here or have heard of the man they call Thun. JBL, you, admiral, Blast, Galvatron, Roy John and myself have more knowledge about this music than that entire board as a whole. Without question.

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »

You have to register to read the board. Fuck that. Someone provide highlights in this thread.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

some non-related PF funny talk
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Dr. Peter Ego

on another topic... i wonder where nas goes from here? does he stop rapping as much and put his money where his mouth is, do we see him do more? will he go back to that hiphop is dead bullshit? i really cant imagine whats next for him. this is about the time that good artists get in a car accident or something, get shot and die.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

what do i think he'll do or what do i think he should do?

what i think will happen is he makes a few more of these since this album will do well due to the buzz and shit. but i doubt the newer ones will be any good.

what do i think he ought to do?

dude should travel the world, go to africa, india, china and then do an album about what he's seen on some marco polo shit.
Justice wrote:
I'm lovin the song lengths on here. The roach and chicken metaphors coulda gone sour, but they're perfect. His flow on Untitled is fuckin crazy.

I wish Testify was longer though

mud

Post by mud »

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Some of the PF shit talking
Apex wrote:
http://www.philaflava.com/forum/vie...95982&start=120

Req: "Gloss this forum is getting slaughtered on Soundcircuit, they sayin all we listen to here is Vordul and El-P. I demand u get over there and start a 10pg argument. Or at least make a thread over there saying "*steps into the middle of the street and calls out 4Chan*" and then
retardation wrote:
what rappers go to discuss shit over there other than alaska and a bunch of other white scribble jam scene rappers? i suspect the only reason they get those kind of rappers there is because those guys would get laughed off the board here.

your site is still inferior though. we've been had better arguers here for a while and it's resulted in more logical opinions.
Hot wrote:
they sure love that new Drag-On song. smh
that's really it. i'm sure a missed a few things like somebody calling alaska fat or whatever but you get the idea.

mud

Post by mud »

You sound like me when Kingdom Come came out, get the fuck over it.

admiral

Post by admiral »

Cee-Lo's Experience off of Still Standing is only 2 minutes long and better sums up this whole topic than Nas' entire album...

Random Sample

Post by Random Sample »

I listened to it this morning, and from all the hatred I thought it was going to suck really bad, but I don't think it does. I think the production on it is dope, and of all of his newer albums it may be the best. I am going to listen to it a few more times before I give my final verdict. I will say that if I were a black man (no :omgracist:), I could see myself enjoying this more.

Drastik

Post by Drastik »

Random Sample wrote:I listened to it this morning, and from all the hatred I thought it was going to suck really bad, but I don't think it does. I think the production on it is dope, and of all of his newer albums it may be the best. I am going to listen to it a few more times before I give my final verdict. I will say that if I were a black man (no :omgracist:), I could see myself enjoying this more.
Yea out of Streets Disciple, HHID, and this, I'd say Untitled is the best of the three.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Nice comparisons. That's like me saying my morning shit is slightly better than my afternoon or evening dump.

Drastik

Post by Drastik »

Philaflava wrote:Nice comparisons. That's like me saying my morning shit is slightly better than my afternoon or evening dump.
The morning shit is never better than the afternoon/evening dump. You're more stressed out after work and a well-timed dump can brighten any day.

Plus, it would be wrong as fuck to compare this to albums he did over a decade ago (illmatic, it was written).

mud

Post by mud »

Why is an animated gif of saint on that forum? user = "Seiko Flossberg"

Always wondered this myself.

Req

Post by Req »

mud wrote:
Why is an animated gif of saint on that forum? user = "Seiko Flossberg"

Always wondered this myself.
at first i thought he was Illegit what with the deluded/devil's advocate neocon views but hes more of a one-liner than a 66786543 paragraph debator
F.U. MOOLAH

True King

Post by True King »

Philaflava wrote: Apparently they don't know the talent pool here or have heard of the man they call Thun. JBL, you, admiral, Blast, Galvatron, Roy John and myself have more knowledge about this music than that entire board as a whole. Without question.
when it comes to who knows more Dres features from 1993 or the most unreleased Buckwild remix, yeah I admit this board is great for shit like that. that's the reason I registered here, and used to post at HHI too. you called SC a place full of "Canadians and dudes who love 2Pac" or whatever lol.. it aint that at all. its a place full of young blacks, a lot of posters from the south cuz it started as Wodie.com. theres cool posters here too, Thun was always hilarious, Roy Johnson has posted some great shit, blastmaster, realmatic, all good people, but you gotta admit this place is always leaning towards "if it dont sound like 1995 it ain't shit" SC is the only place I came across where everyone from Brother Ali to Gucci Mane will make a niggas top 10 list. I'll admit this board is better than HHI used to be. but I still see El-P gettin votes vs. Easy Moe Bee... cmon now :naswtf:

MUD you post on SC too?

mud

Post by mud »

True King wrote:
MUD you post on SC too?
Nah just lurk, peace to Wu-Tical.

the R

Post by the R »

6 MORE DAYS Y'ALL!!!!
SO STOKED!!!

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

True King wrote:
Philaflava wrote: Apparently they don't know the talent pool here or have heard of the man they call Thun. JBL, you, admiral, Blast, Galvatron, Roy John and myself have more knowledge about this music than that entire board as a whole. Without question.
when it comes to who knows more Dres features from 1993 or the most unreleased Buckwild remix, yeah I admit this board is great for shit like that. that's the reason I registered here, and used to post at HHI too. you called SC a place full of "Canadians and dudes who love 2Pac" or whatever lol.. it aint that at all. its a place full of young blacks, a lot of posters from the south cuz it started as Wodie.com. theres cool posters here too, Thun was always hilarious, Roy Johnson has posted some great shit, blastmaster, realmatic, all good people, but you gotta admit this place is always leaning towards "if it dont sound like 1995 it ain't shit" SC is the only place I came across where everyone from Brother Ali to Gucci Mane will make a niggas top 10 list. I'll admit this board is better than HHI used to be. but I still see El-P gettin votes vs. Easy Moe Bee... cmon now :naswtf:

MUD you post on SC too?
this place is definitely for the aging hip-hopper-without a doubt. most of the knowledgable heads are creeping towards 30 so yeah clearly there is a difference.

but what are we talking about here? most rappers are in their late 30s or 40's. the culture started in the 70's so even though we have lil wayne threads or shit about cool kids (which i hate) we're still talking about music and for the most part music when it was at its best.

rey, blastmaster all those guys know more about southern shit than most kids on that board. the thing is we just don't have an abundance of posters like that. but when they are discussed you got cats like k-rino and company comming out to participate. it's because this place is looked at in a different light than say SC or UGHH.

PF is like the star & buc show mixed with stretch and bob.

mud

Post by mud »

K-Rino posts here?

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

mud wrote:K-Rino posts here?
Nah he lurks but his boys post. And SC can hate on me all they want or Ant One who has always been jealous of me or hated me because I got him fired from his one music job, but DO NOT hate on Galvatron. That shit is just wrong.

Drastik

Post by Drastik »

Drastik Da God wrote:Plus, it would be wrong as fuck to compare this to albums he did over a decade ago (illmatic, it was written).
does no one else think this shit, too? i've always thought comparing album's from completely different eras was pointless.