The Nas Thread

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Orale Holmes

Post by Orale Holmes »

hired gun wrote:
Philaflava wrote:Here is a link to the thread but I think the shit talking is done on page 61.
http://www.soundcircuit.com/cboard/show ... ost3921325

Basically that board feels like they have the superior judgment when it comes to hip-hop. They are going gaga for the new Nas shit. To me, what it comes down to is either you love the album and you just happen to be closer to 20 y/o and maybe you heard I Am before Illmatic or you're like us closer to 30 and know this is way below Nas standards and not to be considered "classic" status like the herbs at Sound Circuit seem to throw-out.

SC is a forum that most older HHI knows about so thats why guys like Req, mud or whoever frequent that place and find out about this shit. I'd also imagine since they seem to think they know a lot about us they lurk here as well.

Poor Alaska got bashed because he is the 4th most famous and the funniest thing was some douche said and I quote

"your site is still inferior though. we've been had better arguers here for a while and it's resulted in more logical opinions."

Apparently they don't know the talent pool here or have heard of the man they call Thun. JBL, you, admiral, Blast, Galvatron, Roy John and myself have more knowledge about this music than that entire board as a whole. Without question.

Sorry, 31 Black grew up in Jersey, live in Brooklyn and this album is dope. NO its not classic. But its not a piece of shit like most of you on here are saying. in the circles I run in off the net, this is being regarded as very good to dope. Its only on this board have I seen the level of disgust.
the board has grown increasingly hateful with each passing of music that is headphone worthy.

Icesickle
Suburban Outfitter

Post by Icesickle »

blastmaster wrote:This is one of the worst albums of all-time.
:roll:

I don't even believe you've heard it.

Heard this finally tonight. How the fuck did someone say "Testify" is a wack beat? Huh? You have a low bitrate copy?

I don't get some of you people. Album's good, not great. I guess lyrics and flow and keeping to a concept throughout a whole album doesn't matter when you can diss an album after listening to it for 5 minutes. Beats aren't everything. "Breathe," "Untitled," and "Testify" are all hot.

Kalistoga

Post by Kalistoga »

this album aint as bad as everyone is making it out to be. It's better than HHID in my opinion (i know that's not saying much). theres only about 3 songs that I REALLY dislike. Everything else is good, and yes, that includes the beats.

the R

Post by the R »

i h8 this album.

Cyn0zure

Post by Cyn0zure »

On first listen I didn't think it was that good, but it's gotten better with each listen. At the end of the day, no it's not a classic, but it's a solid album that I feel like people would appreciate if it wasn't Nas' album. Give it a chance

the R

Post by the R »

fried chicken
y'all my niggas
untitled
testify
N.I.G.G.E.R.
Black President

are dope to me.

Pizon

Post by Pizon »

There are only 3 or so songs on here that I have a desire to listen to again, and I'm the biggest Nas dickrider around (no Reqbender).

hired gun

Post by hired gun »

Does anyone have the official numbers on the album? Paging Magneto
HIRED GUN-Straight Organics
http://www.freshrootsmusic.com

multsanta

Post by multsanta »

hired gun wrote:Does anyone have the official numbers on the album?