Lyrical Gymnastics

Post by Lyrical Gymnastics »

We Make The World Go Round feat. The Game & Chris Brown

:larry:

http://rapidshare.com/files/126568771/M ... _Round.mp3

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

i'm just glad Rick Ross didn't make the album.

yeah fine okay you want to rap and make money with him Nas, cool.

just don't fucking ruin this moment of musical protest with someone who probably can't contribute something worthy. let stic.man rap if you need a guest

still ain't listening to this album til i have it in my hands :naswtf: :ironmike:
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Career Over Like Mike(NJJ)

Post by Career Over Like Mike(NJJ) »

Mindbender Futurama wrote:just don't fucking ruin this moment of musical protest

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

Mindbender Futurama wrote: someone who probably can't contribute something worthy
Word. What do Southern Black people know about racism? He shoulda gotten Kardinal to be on this shit!

The ILLatino

Post by The ILLatino »

blastmaster wrote:
Mindbender Futurama wrote: someone who probably can't contribute something worthy
Word. What do Southern Black people know about racism? He shoulda gotten Kardinal to be on this shit!
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: / :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
http://www.twitter.com/the_illatino

RIP Josh
Galvatron78 wrote:I wanna put my head up Irina's skirt and say a Das Efx verse.

B. Ware tha Siniq

Post by B. Ware tha Siniq »

blastmaster wrote:
Banner kinda outshined Nas on the Cops Keep Firing remix IMO.

Conspiracy would've been a good look for this album though.
https://soundcloud.com/jay-beware/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Choke

Post by Choke »

The ILLatino wrote:
blastmaster wrote:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: / :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
General Interests: Fine herbage! Keepin it real, Jui Ryi Ki Kung-Fu (Blue belt with shuriken certification). Banging the skins with my smokin band 'TwaughtHammer'. European motocross (plan to attend Wheelie School in Vegas this summer). MILF's, MILF's, MILF's, MILF's!

Education: J.P. Wynne High School, DeVRy University data systems management... The STREETS, YO!

Drastik

Post by Drastik »

Mindbender Futurama wrote:i'm just glad Rick Ross didn't make the album.

just don't fucking ruin this moment of musical protest with someone who probably can't contribute something worthy.
its not like nas would lay down some "Ny State of Mind" shit and have ross be on it.... the only way he would fit well on a nas track would have to be a concept ross can fuck with.

too many niggas look down on ross solely because of his image and southern demeanor. there are plenty of ross tracks out there that prove his mic skills.... fuck the radio shit to a certain extent.
"Anything posted/said by Drastik is false and should not be taken seriously."

B. Ware tha Siniq

Drastik Da God wrote:

just don't fucking ruin this moment of musical protest with someone who probably can't contribute something worthy.
its not like nas would lay down some "Ny State of Mind" shit and have ross be on it.... the only way he would fit well on a nas track would have to be a concept ross can fuck with.

too many niggas look down on ross solely because of his image and southern demeanor. there are plenty of ross tracks out there that prove his mic skills.... fuck the radio shit to a certain extent.
Ross is a pretty solid MC all the way around, but I don't know if his style would vibe that well with Nas. I don't doubt he could tackle the concept though.
https://soundcloud.com/jay-beware/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Drastik

Post by Drastik »

B. Ware tha Siniq wrote:
Drastik Da God wrote:

Ross is a pretty solid MC all the way around, but I don't know if his style would vibe that well with Nas. I don't doubt he could tackle the concept though.
my exact thoughts. it all depends on the type of song.
"Anything posted/said by Drastik is false and should not be taken seriously."

Truth.

Post by Truth. »

nas can't even get a dope beat from cool & dre :naswtf: :naswtf: :naswtf: :naswtf:

definitely the worst beat picker of all time.

America prod. by Stargate

http://www.zshare.net/audio/145664581a4ff16a/

B. Ware tha Siniq

blastmaster wrote:THE DRUMS ON THAT JAY ELECTRONICA BANGER ARE FUCKING ILL!
:rofl: - Just listened.

B. Ware tha Siniq

Quick review.

OK, I know I'm listening too quick. Not giving it enough to digest etc. But keep in mind I've been a Nas fan for many years. I actually enjoyed pretty much every Nas album on some level, yes he's been falling off a little bit each album since Illmatic, with Stillmatic and God's Son being a step back in the right direction. But I even enjoyed about three quarters of HHID and gave it a lot of burn when it dropped. This is Nas's worst album. Seriously. Nastradamus is better than this. It just is. "Shoot 'Em Up" is better than anything on this album.

1. Intro (Nigger Hatred)
This is ok, nothing special. Heard it a few times before the album dropped (like most of this album), not on the calibre of his best introductory skits or songs. Decent though, I'm not hating it. Reasonable enough as a set up song, not something I can see listening to multiple times though.

2. Queens Get The Money
alright I've officially fallen asleep already. Sounds like he called up Jay Electronica and said "Yo, you know that song you did over the loop from Eternal Sunshine with no drums. I want something like that yo, but not from Eternal Sunshine, and with no drums. I'll make a boring song over it. Sounds dope right! Thanks Jay"

3. You Can't Stop Me Now
Of the 7,000 times this sample has been flipped this is BY FAR the worst beat I've heard made from it, AND the worst song made over it. Awesome. Ill Bill > Nas (Somewhere MGP is bustin' his gun in a room full of white slores).

4. Breathe
Jesus these beats are awful. No offense to Soundlab, but those guys could easily outproduce the work on this album. Terrible. Song sucks too.

5. Make The World Go Round
:naswtf: - terrible. Could never listen to this song again.

6. Hero
Probably the best song on the album (along with N.I.G.G.E.R.), and the only one capable of getting any kind of radio play or buzz surrounding this album. Should've been the single, and it's not that good. Third verse is very good to me, could've been a defining verse IF the content of this album had actually come out as dope and important as he has been pretending it would be for the last couple years.

7. America
I haven't been feeling Cool & Dre lately (Phone Home was aiight though), feel like the peaked in the "Rodeo"-Doctor's Advocate era. They still have some heat left in them I'm sure. This doesn't even sound like a Cool & Dre beat to me though. Sounds like they tried to make a beat for Nas, knowing his wack taste in beat. Verses are oook, but who wants to listen to some shit like this repeatedly though (I mean besides Mindbender).

8. Sly Fox
Another one of the better songs on the album. Beat is just awful though. A bit too predictable, simplistic, and inaccurate, but still one of the better songs on the album.

9. Testify
OK, but sleepy as fuck. I wanted to like this song cuz the beat didn't sound too bad when it came on.

10. N.I.G.G.E.R.
Despite having one of the worst Nas hooks ever (quite an accomplishment) this song is second only to "Hero" on this album for me. DJ "Household Name" Toomp predictably comes through with a dope beat, although I still wish the drums had a little hit to them. THIS ALBUM HAS THE WORST DRUMS EVAR (on the songs that actually have them, I mean). Maybe that's a political statement.

11. Fried Chicken
Busta Rhymes' verse on this song is the best verse on this album. One of the good songs on the album. Even though the concept is :rofl:. I can get with an ode like this.

12. Y'all My Niggas (Formerly Be A Nigger Too)
Garbage, but you already knew this, it's been out for quite some time. NYOIL's song >>> this. Beat is so atrocious.

13. We're Not Alone
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

14. Black President
Worst song on the mixtape, worst song on the album. Doesn't even make sense.

So in total, we have four songs that could loosely be construed as good: N.I.G.G.E.R., Hero, Fried Chicken, and Sly Fox. AT MOST this album is a 2 out of 5, but I'm leaning towards a 1.5. Truth is it's not even the content. An album about this issue should be a riot-starter, it should be full of hard-hitting beats, it should be full of tough concepts, it should sound frantic, rough, angry, SOMETHING. This album is completely comatose. One of the sleepiest, most uninspired, repeatative, uninteresting pieces of shit ever created. The beats are just awful.

The Green Lantern Tape >>>>> This. And I was done digesting that in a week. I'm not sure I'll even listen to this album again. And I'm sure that Mixtape AZ is working on will be much better than this as well. Oh well, shocker.

Tired & Broke

Post by Tired & Broke »

B. Ware tha Siniq wrote:Quick review.

OK, I know I'm listening too quick. Not giving it enough to digest etc. But keep in mind I've been a Nas fan for many years. I actually enjoyed pretty much every Nas album on some level, yes he's been falling off a little bit each album since Illmatic, with Stillmatic and God's Son being a step back in the right direction. But I even enjoyed about three quarters of HHID and gave it a lot of burn when it dropped. This is Nas's worst album. Seriously. Nastradamus is better than this. It just is. "Shoot 'Em Up" is better than anything on this album.

1. Intro (Nigger Hatred)
This is ok, nothing special. Heard it a few times before the album dropped (like most of this album), not on the calibre of his best introductory skits or songs. Decent though, I'm not hating it. Reasonable enough as a set up song, not something I can see listening to multiple times though.

2. Queens Get The Money
alright I've officially fallen asleep already. Sounds like he called up Jay Electronica and said "Yo, you know that song you did over the loop from Eternal Sunshine with no drums. I want something like that yo, but not from Eternal Sunshine, and with no drums. I'll make a boring song over it. Sounds dope right! Thanks Jay"

3. You Can't Stop Me Now
Of the 7,000 times this sample has been flipped this is BY FAR the worst beat I've heard made from it, AND the worst song made over it. Awesome. Ill Bill > Nas (Somewhere MGP is bustin' his gun in a room full of white slores).

4. Breathe
Jesus these beats are awful. No offense to Soundlab, but those guys could easily outproduce the work on this album. Terrible. Song sucks too.

5. Make The World Go Round
:naswtf: - terrible. Could never listen to this song again.

6. Hero
Probably the best song on the album (along with N.I.G.G.E.R.), and the only one capable of getting any kind of radio play or buzz surrounding this album. Should've been the single, and it's not that good. Third verse is very good to me, could've been a defining verse IF the content of this album had actually come out as dope and important as he has been pretending it would be for the last couple years.

7. America
I haven't been feeling Cool & Dre lately (Phone Home was aiight though), feel like the peaked in the "Rodeo"-Doctor's Advocate era. They still have some heat left in them I'm sure. This doesn't even sound like a Cool & Dre beat to me though. Sounds like they tried to make a beat for Nas, knowing his wack taste in beat. Verses are oook, but who wants to listen to some shit like this repeatedly though (I mean besides Mindbender).

8. Sly Fox
Another one of the better songs on the album. Beat is just awful though. A bit too predictable, simplistic, and inaccurate, but still one of the better songs on the album.

9. Testify
OK, but sleepy as fuck. I wanted to like this song cuz the beat didn't sound too bad when it came on.

10. N.I.G.G.E.R.
Despite having one of the worst Nas hooks ever (quite an accomplishment) this song is second only to "Hero" on this album for me. DJ "Household Name" Toomp predictably comes through with a dope beat, although I still wish the drums had a little hit to them. THIS ALBUM HAS THE WORST DRUMS EVAR (on the songs that actually have them, I mean). Maybe that's a political statement.

11. Fried Chicken
Busta Rhymes' verse on this song is the best verse on this album. One of the good songs on the album. Even though the concept is :rofl:. I can get with an ode like this.

12. Y'all My Niggas (Formerly Be A Nigger Too)
Garbage, but you already knew this, it's been out for quite some time. NYOIL's song >>> this. Beat is so atrocious.

13. We're Not Alone
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

14. Black President
Worst song on the mixtape, worst song on the album. Doesn't even make sense.

So in total, we have four songs that could loosely be construed as good: N.I.G.G.E.R., Hero, Fried Chicken, and Sly Fox. AT MOST this album is a 2 out of 5, but I'm leaning towards a 1.5. Truth is it's not even the content. An album about this issue should be a riot-starter, it should be full of hard-hitting beats, it should be full of tough concepts, it should sound frantic, rough, angry, SOMETHING. This album is completely comatose. One of the sleepiest, most uninspired, repeatative, uninteresting pieces of shit ever created. The beats are just awful.

The Green Lantern Tape >>>>> This. And I was done digesting that in a week. I'm not sure I'll even listen to this album again. And I'm sure that Mixtape AZ is working on will be much better than this as well. Oh well, shocker.
:larry:

This man wants to have a word with u....

B. Ware tha Siniq

I thought that was a Banner beat. He claims it right? So what they just fucked up the album credits? Cuz it definitely says Cool & Dre on the album credits.

Da Publisher

Post by Da Publisher »

Yo B.Ware Stargate produced "America", Kelis is on the hook.

B. Ware tha Siniq

Da Publisher wrote:Yo B.Ware Stargate produced "America", Kelis is on the hook.

Oh. OK. Really doesn't matter. Terrible Stargate beat too. THERE ARE LIKE TWO GOOD BEATS ON THIS ALBUM. That's my main point.

Tired & Broke

Post by Tired & Broke »

B. Ware tha Siniq wrote:I thought that was a Banner beat. He claims it right? So what they just fucked up the album credits? Cuz it definitely says Cool & Dre on the album credits.
its listed as Cool & Dre some places and Banner other places, it most def sounds more like Banner's steez tho

When u put the retail CD in a PC thru the Itunes software it list Banner as the producer for that track in the credits also....

B. Ware tha Siniq

StressIzHim wrote:
B. Ware tha Siniq wrote:I thought that was a Banner beat. He claims it right? So what they just fucked up the album credits? Cuz it definitely says Cool & Dre on the album credits.
its listed as Cool & Dre some places and Banner other places, it most def sounds more like Banner's steez tho

When u put the retail CD in a PC thru the Itunes software it list Banner as the producer for that track in the credits also....
OK, but on the album credits on the actual CD. It says produced by Cool & Dre. I saw an interview where he said "La, La" wasn't the only beat he produced for the album and said "guess what else I produced?" But didn't tell. Which was :arrow:. But as I said before, if you buy the album, with the liner notes, it says Cool & Dre produced it. Generally, I would trust that above itunes, although mistakes are made in liner notes all the time as well, so you could be and probably are, correct. But this is really a stupid conversation and has nothing to do with this awful album.

Yohan

Post by Yohan »

Sad to hear it sucks like that.

I've not gotten around to listen to all the leaked tracks/retail.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

every year nas gives us a reason to hate him once again. if anything he's consistent at that.

fuck this bullshit album with shitty beats for nas. fuck nas for being so dumb, self-absorbed and ignorant. fuck anyone who has the nerve to say this album is actually good.

admiral

Post by admiral »

mindsickle wrote:you guys don't understand - as long as an artist goes in a new direction, they can't make a bad album
nas cemented his legacy as the most incapable artist of all time

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

I must be real finicky but it irks me to no end Nas doesn't know how to properly pronounce PETA.

Da Publisher

Post by Da Publisher »

fuck anyone who has the nerve to say this album is actually good

^Fuck you for asking is "Take It In Blood" Nas best song not on Illmatic that he has done. I would spit in somebody face if they asked me that question at the bar at happy hour.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Da Publisher wrote:fuck anyone who has the nerve to say this album is actually good

^Fuck you for asking is "Take It In Blood" Nas best song not on Illmatic that he has done. I would spit in somebody face if they asked me that question at the bar at happy hour.

You trailer park trash from Vero. You have horrible taste. You know nothing and the chances we'd be at the same bar are slim to none. Now go fucking back to to doing oil changes and realignments you moron.

illmas

Post by illmas »

Strictly speaking, i had high hopes for this album but once more again the beat selections is BAD!!! but i wouldnt say this is nas' worst album i think it has some great bangers i like sly fox and hero

B. Ware tha Siniq

illmas wrote:Strictly speaking, i had high hopes for this album but once more again the beat selections is BAD!!! but i wouldnt say this is nas' worst album i think it has some great bangers i like sly fox and hero
No? Name a worse album from Nas. I'm not saying you're wrong, necessarily (well I sort of am), but I really can't think of a Nas album that's worse.

Req

Post by Req »

B. Ware tha Siniq wrote:
illmas wrote:Strictly speaking, i had high hopes for this album but once more again the beat selections is BAD!!! but i wouldnt say this is nas' worst album i think it has some great bangers i like sly fox and hero
No? Name a worse album from Nas. I'm not saying you're wrong, necessarily (well I sort of am), but I really can't think of a Nas album that's worse.
Nastradamus and Streets Disciple

For me, Untitled goes in the same bracket as I Am and HHID, great concepts that weren't executed to their potential for whatever reason.
F.U. MOOLAH

A-dotty

Post by A-dotty »

I actually liked the joint with Game and Chris Brown

but I agree with the overall assessmen that this album suffers from poor beat selection and is overall pretty weak

I think it''s worse than HHID and that's never good

dox of poorly drawn peopl

Post by dox of poorly drawn peopl »

Like a Greek with his falafel. An Italian with his toe-matto... pasta.