The Nas Thread

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

ape9

Post by ape9 »

so my bad if I wasn't supose to post that leak... :oops:

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Greeks eat alot of falafel in the US or something?

B. Ware tha Siniq

Post by B. Ware tha Siniq »

Spartan wrote:Greeks eat alot of falafel in the US or something?
:larry:

http://www.expertvillage.com/video/2405 ... alafel.htm
https://soundcloud.com/jay-beware/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

B. Ware tha Siniq

ape9 wrote:so my bad if I wasn't supose to post that leak... :oops:
no, but people feel free to PM ape if you want it. :nofancy:
https://soundcloud.com/jay-beware/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

None

Post by None »

After listening to this, it's not as bad as B.Ware made it out to be, but still pretty bad. Hip Hop Is Dead was better and I severely disliked that album save maybe Who Killed It? The beats range from average to :naswtf: with maybe one or two good beats (Fried Chicken and N.I.G.G.E.R.). Nas should just release acapella albums from now and let the internets work it's magic.

Drastik

Post by Drastik »

Req wrote: Nastradamus and Streets Disciple

For me, Untitled goes in the same bracket as I Am and HHID, great concepts that weren't executed to their potential for whatever reason.
I Am was a dope album.

Ny State of Mind 2
Hate Me Now
Small World
Favor for a Favor
We Will Survive
Ghetto Prisoners
I Want To Talk To You
Dr. Knockboot
Nas Is Like
EDIT: I forgot about Undying Love... that track is raw as fuck.
None wrote:Nas should just release acapella albums from now and let the internets work it's magic.
It should be controlled, so that we don't get flooded with bullshit mash-ups.
Last edited by Drastik on Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Anything posted/said by Drastik is false and should not be taken seriously."

None

Post by None »

Drastik Da God wrote:
None wrote:Nas should just release acapella albums from now and let the internets work it's magic.
At this point, I'd rather have any number of mash-ups over Nas picking his own beats.

agent b

Post by agent b »

B. Ware tha Siniq wrote:
blastmaster wrote:THE DRUMS ON THAT JAY ELECTRONICA BANGER ARE FUCKING ILL!
:rofl: - Just listened.
the drums on "thugz mansion" were really ill too

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

B. Ware tha Siniq wrote:

2 minor flaws there.

The recipe isn't greek.

He ain't greek.

Karisma

Post by Karisma »

Game just spit HOT FIYAH
"Daddies home...Niggas is Scared, Way before I put the Key in the Door"-Jigga

/\ Bernard Pollards House

...He hit Tom just above the shoes, and poured
MORTON salt in our Superbowl Wounds!!

YALL READY TO RIDE ON THIS FOOL??
RAWBLE RAWBLE

DredScott

Post by DredScott »

B. Ware tha Siniq wrote:
illmas wrote:Strictly speaking, i had high hopes for this album but once more again the beat selections is BAD!!! but i wouldnt say this is nas' worst album i think it has some great bangers i like sly fox and hero
No? Name a worse album from Nas. I'm not saying you're wrong, necessarily (well I sort of am), but I really can't think of a Nas album that's worse.
no logical person or non-nas stan can say this isn't nas's worst lp and not be joking. nas done had a deaf ear for picking beats and now it seems that he really needs to get hearing aids for real.

even nastradamus is better than this wack ass shit and that had "big girl" on it, which is arguably his worst song ever.

"shoot em up", bastardized version of "project window" and "come get me">>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>this new nas lp.

it's pretty fuckin sad when the best song on your lp is dedicated to fried chicken. nas needs to look in the mirror and ask himself :naswtf:
Last edited by DredScott on Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

B. Ware tha Siniq

Spartan wrote:
B. Ware tha Siniq wrote:

2 minor flaws there.

The recipe isn't greek.

He ain't greek.
:naswtf:

I know that Falafel's are typically middle eastern, and the best ones I've had tend to be made by Israeli's, but there are greek falafel's and that's a recipe for a greek falafel, hence the title "HOW TO COOK A GREEK FALAFEL." Google "greek falafel." You'll come up with almost half a million results.

Now can we get back to the thread please?

Req

Post by Req »

Drastik Da God wrote:

For me, Untitled goes in the same bracket as I Am and HHID, great concepts that weren't executed to their potential for whatever reason.
I Am was a dope album.
it was, but in comparison to what it could've been had Columbia Records not fucked the entire project up..?
F.U. MOOLAH

None

Post by None »

Need a repost of the full naswtf party pic. Search doesn't go far enough back to find it again.

mud

Post by mud »

Courtesy of some dude from Soundcircuit...

From The Nigger Tape

Cops Keep Firing
Association (feat. stic.man)
Legendary (Mike Tyson)
Esco Let's Go

Collabs With Other Artists

I Want In by The Bravehearts
Don't Touch Me (Remix) by Busta Rhymes
I'm On by DJ Khaled
Gangsta Rap Made Me Do It (Remix) by Ice Cube
Success by Jay-Z
Ghetto Rich (Remix) by Rich Boy

Randoms

War Is Necessary
Be A Nigger Too
Nigger Hatred***

http://www.mediafire.com/?bgaz2bnh2yy

SuperFeen

Post by SuperFeen »

None wrote:
Drastik Da God wrote:
At this point, I'd rather have any number of mash-ups over Nas picking his own beats.
it has been a curiosity to me why jigga gets so much remix treatment and nas doesn't. Does Nas not release acapella's? like his last few drops the verses on this are dope but the beats and hooks are :err: , you'd think remixing the shit would be a no brainer.

A-dotty

Post by A-dotty »

why wasn't nigger hatred on the album? That was the best verse he did this year

Da Publisher

Post by Da Publisher »

I'm probably one of the few who wanted more than one Salaam Remi produced track on the album. "Legendary" should have been on the album. "Breathe" which is one of the five tracks I don't like is a song that I feel Jay-Z would have done a better job at. I think Nas & Chucky Thompson would have did a great track together, even though they haven't worked together since SD. I don't recall reading this anywhere at all, but hey what about Olu Dara? shiiittttt he would have been a great addition as well. Damn near nothing leaked from the HHID sessions and I don't shit is going to be any different down the line.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

http://rapidshare.com/files/126909310/u ... s.rar.html

bonus tracks

16. (00:01:37) Nas - Nigger Hatred (Bonus)
17. (00:03:16) Nas - Be A Nigger Too (Bonus)
18. (00:05:16) Nas - Association (feat. Stic Man) (Bonus)
19. (00:03:36) Nas - Esco Let's Go (Bonus)

malpractice

Post by malpractice »

admiral wrote:
mindsickle wrote:you guys don't understand - as long as an artist goes in a new direction, they can't make a bad album
nas cemented his legacy as the most incapable artist of all time
:lol:

i just finished my first listen.
it's not as bad as i was expecting after reading these comments.
hero, sly fox, and the slave and the master are favorites.

thanks mr :phila: for the bonus tracks

illmas

Post by illmas »

DredScott wrote:
B. Ware tha Siniq wrote:
illmas wrote:Strictly speaking, i had high hopes for this album but once more again the beat selections is BAD!!! but i wouldnt say this is nas' worst album i think it has some great bangers i like sly fox and hero
No? Name a worse album from Nas. I'm not saying you're wrong, necessarily (well I sort of am), but I really can't think of a Nas album that's worse.
no logical person or non-nas stan can say this isn't nas's worst lp and not be joking. nas done had a deaf ear for picking beats and now it seems that he really needs to get hearing aids for real.

even nastradamus is better than this wack ass shit and that had "big girl" on it, which is arguably his worst song ever.

"shoot em up", bastardized version of "project window" and "come get me">>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>this new nas lp.

it's pretty fuckin sad when the best song on your lp is dedicated to fried chicken. nas needs to look in the mirror and ask himself :naswtf:
After giving NIGGER a few spins, i can boldly say this is Nas' worst album ever. i cant believe this Sh"t!

the R

Post by the R »

anyone else waiting for the release?

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

the R wrote:anyone else waiting for the release?
Why bother? It's like waiting for Rocky V

Drastik

Post by Drastik »

the R wrote:anyone else waiting for the release?
i stopped waiting for the release after i heard Breathe. sorry, nasir.
"Anything posted/said by Drastik is false and should not be taken seriously."

agent b

Post by agent b »

so, fuck it, i'm really enjoying this record after 5 or so listens.

first and foremost, it's easily better than hip hop is dead, which was a thematic atrocity. i cringe at the thought of ever having to listen to that again but i'm finding more and more to like about "untitled" every time i hear it.

a lot of the production is kind of minimalist and much of it has that early millennial synth heavy sound, to the point where "breathe" and "make the world go round" sound like stillmatic outtakes. they work really well in context here.

there is a lot of piano on this album. drums range from pussy as fuck ("can't stop us now") to perfecto ("fried chicken," "america".)

sequencing is solid but there's no way this is the retail, the mixing on the mic levels in the intro alone waiver like crazy and indicate that i should probably reserve judgment till something more official gets out there.

album kind of burns out by the end and "black president" doesn't work well as an outro but there's enough to respect before that to let it fly.

"hero" is probably the star here, it sounds like kanye west channeling the fearless four, minus the fellating oedipal bullshit usually associated with his emceeing.

oh yeah and the rapping is murderous. it's what's going to grow on me the most. i know i'm in the minority here but it's nice to hear somebody older than me rapping like this, considering the general consensus in hip hop these days tends to lean towards rap radio airwaves being dedicated to letting 17 year old children from fly-over states dictating how they live their lives over casio demo buttons and fisher price drum patterns. i can't learn anything from that.

then again i liked 8 diagrams too. long live senior citizen rap.

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

agent b wrote:
oh yeah and the rapping is murderous. it's what's going to grow on me the most. i know i'm in the minority here but it's nice to hear somebody older than me rapping like this, considering the general consensus in hip hop these days tends to lean towards rap radio airwaves being dedicated to letting 17 year old children from fly-over states dictating how they live their lives over casio demo buttons and fisher price drum patterns. i can't learn anything from that.

then again i liked 8 diagrams too. long live senior citizen rap.
i will probably feel the same as you do about this album.

and i just downloaded it. will probably listen to half of it (it IS July 4th :grin: ) then save the rest for the retail version.

okay, so the beats suck. Nas still can't pick bangers, we know.

but i can't believe people say its so bad they would write off what I expect to be some of the best rapping and best verses of the year.

the lyrics to 'Hero' throw bows and kick groins. I wish that song was smoother...

still they got Nas like Jesus :ironmike:
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Pizon

Post by Pizon »

agent b wrote:fly-over states
:lol: I'm so stealing that phrase, b.

Won't listen to the Nas album until it drops. :arrow:

Off topic, Banner did say he produced a second track for Carter 3, but "Phone Home" has the "this is, this is, this is" tag at the beginning.. isn't that a Cool and Dre signature?

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

Req wrote:
Drastik Da God wrote:

I Am was a dope album.
it was, but in comparison to what it could've been had Columbia Records not fucked the entire project up..?
i heard some of the songs that was supposed to be on I Am and the version that came out has nothing on the other shit that was floating around.
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

sinumatic

Post by sinumatic »

StressIzHim wrote::larry: @ Esco Lets Go not making the album...
its on there just named different - war is destiny- the beats got some added sounds

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

David Banner made a very similarly themed album, but his is actually listenable.

Nas officially has the worst ear for beats ever.