General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

blastmaster
King Duggan

Freddie Foxxx Relevance Check

Post by blastmaster »

How To Rob 2008

http://www.zshare.net/audio/1494251944bec549/

Verdict: Shut Up and wait for MOP to call you for a guest verse.

B. Ware tha Siniq

Post by B. Ware tha Siniq »

Should've dropped an album with Primo four years ago.

This song should've been released as a response to 50's joint in 98.

This is not very entertaining.

Freddie Blassey from last year (or two years ago), was pretty good.
https://soundcloud.com/jay-beware/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

this is funny and keeps the tradition alive

"show n!ggas like Rick Ross a quick loss"

"a yo Jee-zaaaay! i think you got it too ea-saaaaay! n!gga *click clack* run dat!"

:rofl:

his voice isn't that appealing though... needs more wry sarcasm and less bitterness. that's all that ruins the song to me

:hooray:
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Verge

Post by Verge »

:bow: to Bumpy knux.This type shit needs to be said. B Ware is right tho,he should've done this in 98. I also believe somebody should've done to Diddy what Ice-t did to Soulja,in 98. But thats just what I think.What happened to wack mc's and biters getting punched in the face and thrown off the stage like KRS did PM Dawn. :lol: Damn,I'm old.

Magneto

Post by Magneto »

Fire, because Bumpy would actually do this.
"I spit that thug shit nigga, MOTHERFUCK singing"

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

VERGILL TIBBS wrote::bow: to Bumpy knux.This type shit needs to be said. B Ware is right tho,he should've done this in 98. I also believe somebody should've done to Diddy what Ice-t did to Soulja,in 98. But thats just what I think.What happened to wack mc's and biters getting punched in the face and thrown off the stage like KRS did PM Dawn. :lol: Damn,I'm old.
you're not old, you survived. and/or you didn't bail out and become a hipster douche, a raver, a skater, or an executive dillweed.

bravo.

rap needs MAAAD cleaning up right now. REAL beef, on some "Ma$e retirement" level shit, LOL

why do you think I always say RAP IS OUTTA CONTROL
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Verge

Post by Verge »

Mindbender Futurama wrote:
VERGILL TIBBS wrote::bow: to Bumpy knux.This type shit needs to be said. B Ware is right tho,he should've done this in 98. I also believe somebody should've done to Diddy what Ice-t did to Soulja,in 98. But thats just what I think.What happened to wack mc's and biters getting punched in the face and thrown off the stage like KRS did PM Dawn. :lol: Damn,I'm old.
you're not old, you survived. and/or you didn't bail out and become a hipster douche, a raver, a skater, or an executive dillweed.

bravo.

rap needs MAAAD cleaning up right now. REAL beef, on some "Ma$e retirement" level shit, LOL

Thats word! :cheers:

B. Ware tha Siniq

Mindbender Futurama wrote:
I always assumed it was because it was the song playing when Erick and Perrish ran trizznain on you circa 1993.
https://soundcloud.com/jay-beware/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mansfield Status

Post by Mansfield Status »

Freddie Foxxx > your favorite rapper.. but this song ain't hittin

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

:rofl:

Boris.

Post by Boris. »

Woah this is dope for 2008 bumpy. Wanna hear more shit like this.
If you can't walk the walk, don't talk the talk.

vinylpops

Post by vinylpops »

Just a newsbit i read on Foxxx. I think his idea of dropping a whole catalog is brilliant. Killing them with content MF Doom style.
As Freddie Foxxx prepares to release his 14 year-old relic Crazy Like A Foxxx on Fat Beats Records later this month [click to read], the veteran New York emcee and producer revealed to HipHopDX other projects he plans to release.

"I'm doing my Music From The Man series," Foxxx revealed exclusively to DX recently. "I have albums that are just me and one producer. Everybody from me and [DJ] Premier, Pete [Rock] [click to read], Clark Kent, Jesse West. I got Kev Brown, Oddisee [click to read]. I've been recording all these albums. For the last five or six years, I've just been building catalogue. What I decided to, was instead of going to the studio, do an album, drop it, go work the album, I'll forgo that concept, and decided to build my catalogue, knowing that this is an Internet-driven society, musically, at this time." The rapper who sold over 200,000 units of his completely-independent Industry Shakedown release added, "I can create as a feel, but not in a desperation to have something new out at the time. A lot of people drop albums, and they work it, and the music don't last that long right now. I figured, 'Let me drop catalogue.'"

In addition to that, Freddie Foxxx spoke on other projects including his Krupt Mob Motorcycle Music series and Amerikkan Black Man release. "I re-did the album three times now. I got three different versions of Amerikkan Black Man, and they're all albums I can put out, and they'll all go different reactions, because that's such a broad topic." In the studio at the time, Foxxx did not confirm whether he intends to release all or just one version of this highly-anticipated release.

The rapper who is also widely known as Bumpy Knuckles revealed another collaboration project. "I just did an album with KRS-One [click to read] called Royalty Check. Me and him are going back-to-back on 15 tracks." The duo famously collaborated on "Ruff, Ruff" from Boogie Down Productions' 1992 album Sex and Violence. Foxxx also stated that he was active in working with KRS on the new Stop The Violence album.

In working with other legends, Foxxx's production will appear on four to five songs from DMC's upcoming album as well. He will also appear in a featuring role on that yet-untitled project.

Saying that offers to do feature work are steadily coming in, Freddie Foxxx stated, "People are sending me requests to do collaborations. If the beat is hot, and I really think I can make a difference on a record, I'll jump in. Some people just want my voice on there to give it that edge."

After appearances on Kool G Rap and DJ Polo's "Money In The Bank," Gang Starr's "The Militia" and O.C.'s "M.U.G.," Foxxx has witnessed a plethora of success on other peoples' records in addition to his own. He stated, "You know what I like? People are requesting the Bumpy that they want. Some people are saying, 'I want that hardcore, political Bumpy.' Then some people will say, 'I want the lyrical emcee Freddie Foxxx.' Everybody is sending me tracks to me to rap on. I'm having fun with it. I'm not trying to OD on it, but I'm trying to keep putting stuff out as far as catalogue is concerned."

Crazy Like A Foxxx is in stores July 29.

Dusty Fingers

Post by Dusty Fingers »

bumpy knux nigga what
And if you're yelling out YOLO, I'm calling you a homo...

Killa Cong

Post by Killa Cong »

Boris. wrote:Woah this is dope for 2008 bumpy. Wanna hear more shit like this.
Bumpy is that dude.

D. James

Post by D. James »

Magneto wrote:Fire, because Bumpy would actually do this.

admiral

Post by admiral »

i like this

Yohan

Post by Yohan »

You got any crazy under-the-radar stories about Bumpy Knux that we might not know?

And yea, I know he's hardcore, but reading about those stories is always entertaining.

Dusty Fingers

Post by Dusty Fingers »

And if you're yelling out YOLO, I'm calling you a homo...

The ILLatino

Post by The ILLatino »

BUMPY!!! :rockout:
http://www.twitter.com/the_illatino

RIP Josh
Galvatron78 wrote:I wanna put my head up Irina's skirt and say a Das Efx verse.

SYM
The Overlord of Overthinking

Post by SYM »

Yohan wrote:
You got any crazy under-the-radar stories about Bumpy Knux that we might not know?

And yea, I know he's hardcore, but reading about those stories is always entertaining.
I'll second this request. I'm not sure if it was Magneto or someone else but I definitely found out about the baseball bat incident through :phila: and I was all like :ohsh: cause I didn't even think he was like that.

max prime

Post by max prime »

fire fire fire fire FIRE FIRE FIRE

this song is FIRE.

"How you gonna diss old school cats, when most your muscle is old school cats?"

SouthJerzee

Post by SouthJerzee »

Mediocre.
Solo45 wrote: rappers are quick to pay $1000 for a beat, but slow to pay $10.00 to promote it. shits backwards.

B. Ware tha Siniq

Well there's the classic Bumpy Knucks sticking a gun in Benzino's mouth for talking too much shit on the Flavor Unit tour bus story as well, but I don't tell it as well as others.

axel foley

Post by axel foley »

magneto and denzilla (was that his name?) always provided the best stories on here.

Ming-Tzu

Post by Ming-Tzu »

I've never been a huge fan of Freddie Foxxx much but that unreleased album (Crazy Like A Foxxx ) he's releasing on Fat Beats later this month sounds crazy....check out the production team on this one:

Easy Mo Bee
Pete Rock
Showbiz
Lord Finesse
Buckwild

And this album was made in '94 just to give yall perspective on the type of beats to expect on this

Boris.

Post by Boris. »

Ming-Tzu wrote:I've never been a huge fan of Freddie Foxxx much but that unreleased album (Crazy Like A Foxxx ) he's releasing on Fat Beats later this month sounds crazy....check out the production team on this one:

Easy Mo Bee
Pete Rock
Showbiz
Lord Finesse
Buckwild

And this album was made in '94 just to give yall perspective on the type of beats to expect on this
it's a great album even in crappy quality, can't wait to hear it cleaned up
If you can't walk the walk, don't talk the talk.

ciphurphace

Post by ciphurphace »

I was feelin' this joint...Freddie Foxxx rawness like usual.
Ciphurphace.
The Effin' Sumbodies
www.myspace.com/jamesciphurphace

Sucka Ducka

Post by Sucka Ducka »

tracks not there.

Remember Bumpy as the Bartender in Who's The Man?