Timbaland might produce whole new Jay-Z album

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Req

Post by Req »

B. Ware tha Siniq wrote:Jay-Z on the other hand, well he doesn't rap very well anymore.
:larry:

blessingindisguise

Post by blessingindisguise »

I wouldn't do this if I was Jay-z. I'd drop the album him and Nas were gone do and fulfill his one album contract with Def Jam and retire. IF he does the 150 million deal with that one company he best sit down and think hard about what a rapper over 40 raps about. It would be a shame for him to tarnish his legacy harder and embarrass himself more.

stevieebola

Post by stevieebola »

ANU wrote:timbo & jay-z >>>>>>>>> jay-z & just blaze )
yeah , maybe if your a 13 year old girl.

reevolution

Post by reevolution »

timbo & chris cornell? :naswtf:

and this would have been exciting 5 years ago. now i don't wanna hear either of these guys.

bigzizzo#1

Post by bigzizzo#1 »

at 40 he can rap about whatever he wants. you never tell a true artist to stop creating art. if those rock n roll dudes can do it 4 eva why not an mc?
i take seven mc's ...ya'll should kno the rest!

ANU

Post by ANU »

stevieebola wrote:

Random Sample

Post by Random Sample »

I would rather listen to Jay-z over ten Just Blaze beats than Jay-z over Justin Timberlake instrumentals.

Small Pro

Post by Small Pro »

i love when people try to insinuate that hovie can't spit anymore when he just dropped one of the best albums of 2007...is he the best in the game right now? no, even i can admit that, but dude still can get it done.

as for the album, no need to let those saigon joints go to waste, just blaze...slide them to the original mr. carter, there's your album

The ILLatino

Post by The ILLatino »

A Timbo/ S Dot album would be bonkers. "Dirt Off Your Shoulders," "Come And Get Me," "It's Hot," "Snoopy Track," "Big Pimpin," "Jigga What?," are all heaters. That's not even mentioning Missy Elliot features or Timbo features.
http://www.twitter.com/the_illatino

RIP Josh
Galvatron78 wrote:I wanna put my head up Irina's skirt and say a Das Efx verse.

Karisma

Post by Karisma »

Only on Phila is the 2008 Hov wack

I just dont get some of you folks

Like seriously...yall hated American Gangster when it dropped???

Honestly...yall yawn at the thought of a Jay-Z exclusive droppin, what planet is this site on sometimes

SMH

p.s.- vote= Jigga over Kanye and or Blaze even tho him and Timb got classics
"Daddies home...Niggas is Scared, Way before I put the Key in the Door"-Jigga

/\ Bernard Pollards House

...He hit Tom just above the shoes, and poured
MORTON salt in our Superbowl Wounds!!

YALL READY TO RIDE ON THIS FOOL??
RAWBLE RAWBLE

polarity

Post by polarity »

ah, yes. an album of 10 big pimpins. that doesn't sound corny and boring at all.

y'all are tripping.

HomieDontPlayDat

Post by HomieDontPlayDat »

polarity wrote:ah, yes. an album of 10 big pimpins. that doesn't sound corny and boring at all.
Don't be stupid, obviously he doesn't mean 10 songs that sound like Big Pimpin. But that song was huge, one of his biggest hits to date, and he means they can recapture the chemistry they showed on that song and carry it for a whole album, and if successful, the album could be amazing.
Kalel wrote:I know a thing or two about fine ass pinot noirs

Money Gripp

Post by Money Gripp »

HomieDontPlayDat wrote:
polarity wrote:ah, yes. an album of 10 big pimpins. that doesn't sound corny and boring at all.
Don't be stupid, obviously he doesn't mean 10 songs that sound like Big Pimpin. But that song was huge, one of his biggest hits to date, and he means they can recapture the chemistry they showed on that song and carry it for a whole album, and if successful, the album could be amazing.
There is a better chance of Symantiks getting Will High in a figure-four leglock and making him scream "I want my mommy!" than of this album being anything close to amazing.

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

ANU wrote:
stevieebola wrote:
this is like Jigga's secret best album.

'Snoopy Track' IZ THAT SHIT

bounce
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Kalel
Internet Celebrity

Post by Kalel »

Karisma wrote:Only on Phila is the 2008 Hov wack

Honestly...yall yawn at the thought of a Jay-Z exclusive droppin, what planet is this site on sometimes

SMH
I'm gonna put my signature on this.

Doogs

Post by Doogs »

vol. 3 was very lopsided but basically all of the timbaland tracks were great. some people need to go back and listen to that album...it's got some really good jay/timbo stuff (plus "so ghetto" w/ primo)

"big pimpin" was a really good song. don't hate.

would rather listen to this hypothetical album than "kingdom come" or "american gangster"

Captin Planit

Post by Captin Planit »

Timbo has no beats on Britney's album. Anything that sounds like Timbo is Danja... (coughcoughand all of those beats are crazycoughcough)... but

MINDBENDER. C'MON, NOW. Timbo found his "Eminem" in JT. If going several times platinum and holding a show at MSG that rivaled the VMAs isn't finding that guy who compliments your shit properly, you. are. on. crack.

P.S. I await this album and Chris Cornell's album like a Korean boy outside of Best Buy the day before Nintendo Wii drops.

P.P.S. American Gangster is still boring (just like it was when it first leaked).

B. Ware tha Siniq

Post by B. Ware tha Siniq »

Small Pro wrote:i love when people try to insinuate that hovie can't spit anymore when he just dropped one of the best albums of 2007...is he the best in the game right now? no, even i can admit that, but dude still can get it done.

as for the album, no need to let those saigon joints go to waste, just blaze...slide them to the original mr. carter, there's your album
It was a very good album, I even praised it at the time. But as far as rapping it was pretty weak. I don't see how you can disagree with that. The production was just so :ohsh: that it carried his lackluster performance.

Also I doubt this'll happen. I remember a similar rumor coming out about Dre producing all of Kingdome Come about 9 months before it dropped. He did end up producing several tracks on it, and I bet that's what happens here.
https://soundcloud.com/jay-beware/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Nacho Vidal

Post by Nacho Vidal »

A 320kbps version of "Got To Get My Shit Off" will appear as a bonus cut and be the best thing on the album.
"Word is bond, I am the baddest...and all the honeys out there, word is bond, you know my status"

djjeffresh

Post by djjeffresh »

Karisma wrote:Only on Phila is the 2008 Hov wack

SMH

p.s.- vote= Jigga over Kanye and or Blaze even tho him and Timb got classics
american gangster was good, not great, and its goodness was an aberration compared to the other trash he has been releasing as of late.

HomieDontPlayDat

B. Ware tha Siniq wrote:The production [on American Gangster] was just so :ohsh: that it carried his lackluster performance.
Wow. Really?

As I probably said on here when it came out, I can't stand American Gangster for the most part, and it's because of those awful, boring beats. It makes a strong case for being Jay-Z's worst album to me.

I did, however, like Kingdom Come a lot.

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

Captin Planit wrote: MINDBENDER. C'MON, NOW. Timbo found his "Eminem" in JT. If going several times platinum and holding a show at MSG that rivaled the VMAs isn't finding that guy who compliments your shit properly, you. are. on. crack.
sure, JT got Timbo some platinum plaques, but if you think that Justin Timberflake running to Timberland to get his ghetto pass and street cred up means that they have a historic connection that will transcend time, you are sadly mistaken. I'm sure they are friends, but I bet its more tenuous than you think... (why wasn't Pharrell on the new JT disc? hmmmm.... especially when Pharrell and Timbo were both on Madonna's new disc, doing the same 'hip hop producer relevance makes you the new age popstar' workover to Madge)

Justin Timberlake is going to make Timberland legendary to a bunch of 12 year old teenie boppers, not the core community of hip hop heads that Timbaland still has never converted. Bubba Sparkxxx was the closest, but that still didn't catch on totally (even with the slept on great second album 'Deliverance')

Timbaland still ain't made that "CLASSIC" hip hop album yet, where his beats are behind a gang of classic verses and MCs.

(I want him to, thoug. and I bet he still wants to do that too. thus, a Jigga/Timbo album)
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

HomieDontPlayDat

Mindbender, I would bet you a million dollars that Timbaland couldn't give less of a fuck about what you're yapping about.