Is Immortal Technique the most hated indie rapper?

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

ackbar
Super Canadian

Post by ackbar »

Comedy Quaddafi wrote:homos can hide their homoness but blacks can't hide their blackness. gayness is a mental disease and negroness is a skintone.
jokes are one thing.. but seriously?? you believe this?

DLG

Post by DLG »

Xaula Zany wrote:
reevolution wrote:
Xaula Zany wrote:
Employee wrote:
Mock Duck wrote:to answer the question no I dont think IT is the most hated indie rapper. I think Sage maybe? Vast? should do a poll perhaps
LOL @ Vast.

LOL @ Sage, Sole and other scared/politically correct white boys who defend this guy when he uses words like "FAGGOT", "BITCH", "CUNT" and "NIGGER" while they chastize the same language.
You don't chastize "language" you god damn PUSSY! You said some retarded BULLSHIT right there.

Come say that I chastize language to my motherfucking FACE you dumb bich.

I never defended IT and you know it cocksucka!

That's

puh

I made song about it and you can fucking hear me sing it at your cunting FUNERAL.

Heart Failure. Kiss me, faggit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Can I come say it to your face in place of Employee?

Just pay for my roundtrip tickets and I'm down.

Fag.
Say it to my face when I swing through your city next time. It's not like my schedule is a secret, sissy.

Sign up for the newsletter at SFRstore.com and we'll alert you of the next tour. Might be a little while as I'm recording a new record right now. I'll see you in Fairyland soon enough. Fuggin fairy.
:jaz:

Comedy Quaddafi

Post by Comedy Quaddafi »

the first claim is pretty much a fact. no?

whether or not gayness is a mental disease, I don't know and I don't care, but I believe it if it makes anyone angry... panama?
Whether to Jason of Philaflava or John Podesta, I will speak my fucking perspective openly
- MB

Y@k Bollocks
Location: I was wearing Sergio Tacchini before the internet existed

Post by Y@k Bollocks »

HomieDontPlayDat wrote:
ObeseJesus wrote:And his HHI rants were classic material. Somebody would give him a mediocre review and he'd post capslocked essays on how he was going to find the reviewer and murder his whole family.
That's the thing though, it wasn't even just if he got a bad review or whatever. He was actually pretty well liked on the whole, but if someone ever made a comment that was anything attempting to be borderline, he'd go crazy. Like...

"Yeah the song's pretty cool I guess. Not sure about the third verse though..."
"FUCK YOU FAGGOT COME SAY THAT TO MY FACE NIGGA AND WATCH ME BEAT THE SHIT OUT YOUR BITCH ASS, I'MA FIND YOU WHEN I COME TO YOUR TOWN CUNT"
Haha.

I WAS BORN IN A MILITARY HOSPITAL. HOW DARE YOU COMMENT ON THE THE PRINT QUALITY OF MY CD PACKAGING.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

This thread has taken some ugly turns. Getting back to the focus, has anyone listened to "Stronghold Grip" PRODUCED by Buckwild on 3rd World with the homie Poison Pen?

Money Gripp

Post by Money Gripp »

Employee wrote:
HomieDontPlayDat wrote:
"Yeah the song's pretty cool I guess. Not sure about the third verse though..."
"FUCK YOU FAGGOT COME SAY THAT TO MY FACE NIGGA AND WATCH ME BEAT THE SHIT OUT YOUR BITCH ASS, I'MA FIND YOU WHEN I COME TO YOUR TOWN CUNT"
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

B. Ware tha Siniq

Post by B. Ware tha Siniq »

Philaflava wrote:This thread has taken some ugly turns. Getting back to the focus, has anyone listened to "Stronghold Grip" PRODUCED by Buckwild on 3rd World with the homie Poison Pen?
:larry:
https://soundcloud.com/jay-beware/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

k i give up, i drive a lexus is that chink, that gook, that :rofl: dumpling sauce
Nets 2022

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

Employee wrote:
tehgiftofgab wrote:
Employee wrote:
tehgiftofgab wrote:some1 message him this thread on myspace and get him to make an account, i'm sure it would be prtty fuckin hillarious to see what he has to say
You can handle this, you obsessed faggot.
how am i obsessed bro lol? i listen to him and think he's a good rapper but that's pretty much as far as it goes.

and i post that it's hard to believe he got his ass kicked by some random asian dude and posted a picture that took two seconds to find showing hes fucking huge i guess that makes me an obsessed faggot... i like your logic

LULZ OH NOEZ IM TEHGAY IM LOSIN INTERENT POINTZ :owens:
DON'T FUCK WITH THE CLIQUE, BITCH.

since when did marlo, larry johnson, and slug hang out with immortal technique
Nets 2022

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »

Employee wrote:
tehgiftofgab wrote:
Employee wrote:
tehgiftofgab wrote:some1 message him this thread on myspace and get him to make an account, i'm sure it would be prtty fuckin hillarious to see what he has to say
how am i obsessed bro lol? i listen to him and think he's a good rapper but that's pretty much as far as it goes.

and i post that it's hard to believe he got his ass kicked by some random asian dude and posted a picture that took two seconds to find showing hes fucking huge i guess that makes me an obsessed faggot... i like your logic

Duuk is rocking a Conspiracy t-shirt.

SBU 4 LYFE :grap:

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

reason is yellow wrote:
Employee wrote:
tehgiftofgab wrote:
Employee wrote:

intuition
Uh, I rap too!

Post by intuition »

let's just go ahead and throw this in the greatest hits forum....

Dids

Post by Dids »

He has the balls to say a lot of shit that most rappers would never even consider saying on a record

Maybe only because most rappers don't like being painfully cliche and boring...

There's something painfully naive about thinking the government gives a shit about anything some nobody rapper has to say, especially when it's the same nonsense that every blogger has been saying for 15 years.

chump change
The Mayor

Post by chump change »

Philaflava wrote:
reason is yellow wrote:
Employee wrote:
tehgiftofgab wrote:
Employee wrote:You can handle this, you obsessed faggot.

you know he's sensitive.....

PopsUK

Post by PopsUK »

I'm gonna have to get the album to see what all the fuss is about... :lol:

thekeentwo
Lisa Bonet With Talent

Post by thekeentwo »

Dids wrote:
He has the balls to say a lot of shit that most rappers would never even consider saying on a record

There's something painfully naive about thinking the government gives a shit about anything some nobody rapper has to say, especially when it's the same nonsense that every blogger has been saying for 15 years.
the govt is watching me
nothing to do with rap
but
they are
rele
:ohsh: :megaman:

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

thekeentwo wrote:
Dids wrote:

the govt is watching me
nothing to do with rap
but
they are
rele
:ohsh: :megaman:
:arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: / :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:

D. James

Post by D. James »

Moolah wrote:The funniest/worst thing about Immortal technique is his I-just-watched-two-Michael-Moore-documentaries-and-now-I-know-who-did-9/11 raps. The fact that he intersperses them with necro-esque shock lyrics is even funnier.
ObeseJesus wrote:He finds a way to balance amature conspiracy theorist lyrics with shockcroe bullshit lyrics over terrible beats. Really, his music is a mix of sadness and failure.
Apathwhy wrote:the one person I know who likes Mario Che is a Poly Sci major with a 2.1 GPA and he's also a huge conspiracy loon.
I'm struggling to figure out where you guys are getting all this conspiracy theory stuff from. Could you cite examples? Because if Technique's claims are actual facts, they cease to be theories and are simply him speaking the motherfucking truth. I haven't seen Farenheit 9/11 in a minute but I remember Moore exploring the relationship the Bush family has with the Saudi royal family, something that is explored in greater detail in House of Bush, House of Saud, which I believe was written by Greg Palast. In any event, I don't recall the Bush/Saudi relationship being explored by Technique in any of his songs. Maybe it's just an oversight on my part, but I'd be happy to refer to examples if you have any. As far as what Technique does explore, in "The Cause of Death" he raps:

"Turn a Sambo into a soldier with just one line
Now here's the truth about the system that'll fuck up your mind
They gave Al Qaeda 6 billion dollars in 1989 to 1992
And now the last chapters of Revelations are coming true"

Everyone should know that the US funded and supported the Mujahideen during the Soviet-Afghan war. After the Soviets withdrew, the Mujahideen continued fighting the Afghan state and continued to receive funding from the US (this is the 89-92 period Technique refers to). Oh and guess who was fighting for/helping fund the Mujahideen?

http://www.greenleft.org.au/2001/465/25199

I'll find more articles on this topic later.

Technique also states:

"Colonialism is sponsored by corporations
That's why Halliburton gets paid to rebuild nations"

One of my favorite lines. The Iraq war is nothing more than modern colonialism. These people have had their country destroyed and occupied, their president hanged, and now the US is deciding that it will rebuild Iraq in its own image. And Halliburton, DynoCorp, the Carlyle Group (Bush II was on the board of directors before he became governer of Texas, and Bush I previously was an advisor to the company), and every other company over there is benefitting. A couple of great books that detail this are The Exception to the Rulers and Static both by Amy Goodman with David Goodman. And I can find articles as well.

On "The 4th Branch" Technique raps:

"They bombed innocent people, tryin' to murder Saddam
When you gave him those chemical weapons to go to war with Iran
This is the information that they hold back from Peter Jennings
Cause Condoleeza Rice is just a new age Sally Hemmings"

drizzle, you probably hate these lines and view them as sophomoric but I love them. For folks who don't get it, Sally Hemmings was one of Thomas Jefferson's slaves, with whom he had a relationship that spanned decades. Because conservatism in this country has often been anti-nigger (conservatives opposed the abolition of slavery, conservatives opposed black people as well as women getting the right to vote, conservatives defended segregation and Jim Crow laws under the guise of "states rights", etc.), it's startling to black folks when we see other blacks align themselves with those who traditionally have done nothing but hate and oppress us. So I think that line is dope as fuck. And here's some info on US involvement in the Iran-Iraq war:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S._suppo ... n-Iraq_war

That's really just the tip of the iceberg. If you guys want me to dig up more, just let me know.

D. James

Post by D. James »

Dids wrote:

The Rapping Coffin

Post by The Rapping Coffin »

D JAMES TELL US MORE :ohsh:

Comedy Quaddafi

Post by Comedy Quaddafi »

This is mindblowing stuff. My world has been shocked profoundly. I don't know what to believe anymore.

Thanks for telling us, now we know too much and we will be neutralized as threats for national security.

Watch out for black helicopters...
Whether to Jason of Philaflava or John Podesta, I will speak my fucking perspective openly
- MB

Dids

Post by Dids »

Most of what you just shared everybody who cares enough to know knows already. If you just learned it from a rap song, it probably wasn't that important to you in the first place.

(save the parts that are tinfoil hat bullshit).

D. James

Post by D. James »

I mean, these guys are acting like Immortal Technique is just making shit up to shock people when he's speaking on shit that's been documented and giving some insight into his political stance. Again, cite an example of a claim he made that has no basis in facts. If you're going to slander the man on a public forum, the least you could do is present a substantive argument to back that shit up.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

D. James wrote:
Moolah wrote:The funniest/worst thing about Immortal technique is his I-just-watched-two-Michael-Moore-documentaries-and-now-I-know-who-did-9/11 raps. The fact that he intersperses them with necro-esque shock lyrics is even funnier.
ObeseJesus wrote:He finds a way to balance amature conspiracy theorist lyrics with shockcroe bullshit lyrics over terrible beats. Really, his music is a mix of sadness and failure.
Apathwhy wrote:the one person I know who likes Mario Che is a Poly Sci major with a 2.1 GPA and he's also a huge conspiracy loon.
I'm struggling to figure out where you guys are getting all this conspiracy theory stuff from. Could you cite examples? Because if Technique's claims are actual facts, they cease to be theories and are simply him speaking the motherfucking truth. I haven't seen Farenheit 9/11 in a minute but I remember Moore exploring the relationship the Bush family has with the Saudi royal family, something that is explored in greater detail in House of Bush, House of Saud, which I believe was written by Greg Palast. In any event, I don't recall the Bush/Saudi relationship being explored by Technique in any of his songs. Maybe it's just an oversight on my part, but I'd be happy to refer to examples if you have any. As far as what Technique does explore, in "The Cause of Death" he raps:

"Turn a Sambo into a soldier with just one line
Now here's the truth about the system that'll fuck up your mind
They gave Al Qaeda 6 billion dollars in 1989 to 1992
And now the last chapters of Revelations are coming true"

Everyone should know that the US funded and supported the Mujahideen during the Soviet-Afghan war. After the Soviets withdrew, the Mujahideen continued fighting the Afghan state and continued to receive funding from the US (this is the 89-92 period Technique refers to). Oh and guess who was fighting for/helping fund the Mujahideen?

http://www.greenleft.org.au/2001/465/25199

I'll find more articles on this topic later.

Technique also states:

"Colonialism is sponsored by corporations
That's why Halliburton gets paid to rebuild nations"

One of my favorite lines. The Iraq war is nothing more than modern colonialism. These people have had their country destroyed and occupied, their president hanged, and now the US is deciding that it will rebuild Iraq in its own image. And Halliburton, DynoCorp, the Carlyle Group (Bush II was on the board of directors before he became governer of Texas, and Bush I previously was an advisor to the company), and every other company over there is benefitting. A couple of great books that detail this are The Exception to the Rulers and Static both by Amy Goodman with David Goodman. And I can find articles as well.

On "The 4th Branch" Technique raps:

"They bombed innocent people, tryin' to murder Saddam
When you gave him those chemical weapons to go to war with Iran
This is the information that they hold back from Peter Jennings
Cause Condoleeza Rice is just a new age Sally Hemmings"

drizzle, you probably hate these lines and view them as sophomoric but I love them. For folks who don't get it, Sally Hemmings was one of Thomas Jefferson's slaves, with whom he had a relationship that spanned decades. Because conservatism in this country has often been anti-nigger (conservatives opposed the abolition of slavery, conservatives opposed black people as well as women getting the right to vote, conservatives defended segregation and Jim Crow laws under the guise of "states rights", etc.), it's startling to black folks when we see other blacks align themselves with those who traditionally have done nothing but hate and oppress us. So I think that line is dope as fuck. And here's some info on US involvement in the Iran-Iraq war:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S._suppo ... n-Iraq_war

That's really just the tip of the iceberg. If you guys want me to dig up more, just let me know.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

D. James wrote:I mean, these guys are acting like Immortal Technique is just making shit up to shock people when he's speaking on shit that's been documented and giving some insight into his political stance. Again, cite an example of a claim he made that has no basis in facts. If you're going to slander the man on a public forum, the least you could do is present a substantive argument to back that shit up.

Career Over Like Mike(NJJ)

Post by Career Over Like Mike(NJJ) »

I <3 Raven.

Req

Post by Req »

D James speakin the truth as usual, salut

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Req wrote:D James speakin the truth as usual, salut

The Rapping Coffin

Post by The Rapping Coffin »

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

Philaflava wrote:
reason is yellow wrote:
Employee wrote:
tehgiftofgab wrote:
Employee wrote:You can handle this, you obsessed faggot.

you are not the jpeg responder of the employee caliber and your penis is smaller than mine
Nets 2022