I manage you and get 40%

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

I manage you and get 40%

Post by Philaflava »

Which means you get 60% of what you didn't have before.

Here is the stipulation. Jamie Foxx (yes the actor) is looking to work with new producers for his forthcoming album. Now I don't expect everyone here to have music to cater to him since it'll be a R&B album, but you never know.

I am only looking on to take 2 producers. If this project works out I will then help with you others. The money for the JF deal will be small I would imagine but its the opportunity that is more important (at least so I'm told).

If you are serious in letting me manager your production career (aka help selling your beats) then email me (NO PM).

jasongloss@philaflava.com

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

Damn, how'd you end up with this situation?
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

Martin

Post by Martin »

i have one beat for something as gay as this

http://www.zshare.net/audio/1683307919887806/

CHANCE RANDOM

Post by CHANCE RANDOM »

Martin wrote:i have one beat for something as gay as this

:lol:

was just about to say, martin is the name that came to mind.

Can-U

Post by Can-U »

QWALMS wrote:
Martin wrote:i have one beat for something as gay as this

:lol:

was just about to say, martin is the name that came to mind.
hippo could burn it down too

Liger Woods

Post by Liger Woods »

check your emeezy.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

make sure those who email me at least send me a track or link

citizen

Post by citizen »

wut?

Liger Woods

Post by Liger Woods »

Philaflava wrote:make sure those who email me at least send me a track or link
myspace link noy good enough? cuz i could get a batch uploaded

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

i dont want to send jamie's folks a myspace link. not a good look.

zshare will work

ayentee

Post by ayentee »

i can see this being a new thing for big artists to get small time beat makers at a cheap price.

hit up the message board owners and have them filter through the first layer of crap. then have the artists people filter through the second layer.

let the artist choose the best 10-15 beats from the remaining bunch and pay the producers peanuts. If this works for jaimie foxx, expect this shit to start happening more and more.
lyricist/beat-maker/gamer/hermit

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

actually i wasn't told to hit up anyone. i just know some cats would like an opportunity like this and i'm trying to eat too.

ayentee

Post by ayentee »

ah. good idea regardless

Martin

Post by Martin »

g-unit's been gettin nobody producers for years now to cop shit on the cheap. taking 40% for passing along an email link is pretty ridiculous tho. everyones tryin to hustle so i understand but i think only the most desperate of new jacks will participate, resulting in no beats worth picking.

either way the foxx album will be weak as fuck and probably have kanye, jazzy pha, and track masters doing some throwaway garbage.

ayentee

Post by ayentee »

Martin wrote:g-unit's been gettin nobody producers for years now to cop shit on the cheap. taking 40% for passing along an email link is pretty ridiculous tho. everyones tryin to hustle so i understand but i think only the most desperate of new jacks will participate, resulting in no beats worth picking.

either way the foxx album will be weak as fuck and probably have kanye, jazzy pha, and track masters doing some throwaway garbage.
i dont think 40% is too bad to have someone use their connects to vouch for you. it you can get in on your own then sure its a waste of money, but how many people have the know how and determination to shop their own shit. they should be way to busy making beats...i'd personally rather pay.

but then again, im not gonna do it either way.

Martin

Post by Martin »

i dont know what experiences youve had with management but 40% isnt the industry norm.

ayentee

Post by ayentee »

Martin wrote:i dont know what experiences youve had with management but 40% isnt the industry norm.
i know this....however, this is a message board hook up. i doubt there's any contractual obligation beyond the beats being sold to big artists. if a manager is getting 10-20% they most likely are getting your show money, album money, record deal money, tour money, ect. he's asking 40% from whatever beats you sell that he plugs for you. he's acting as a middleman and as a middle man i feel like 40% isn't a horrible price.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

i am trying to eat off an opportunity in which YOU didn't have. if you made even $500 on it it's $500 you didn't have.

i get where you are coming from but everybody has to pay dues. if you just wait for that shit to come to you you'll retire nameless.

how much did mindbender pay you for that beat you gave him and his brother? what if you made $5000 more for it? get it?

and the 40% is just for jamie foxx. if it worked out by no means would i be asking for that much but right now i'm brokering a deal.
Last edited by Philaflava on Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Martin

Post by Martin »

oh i get it. this is what people try to wolf at me all the time. the other common one is, the money isnt right i know but think of all the exposure youll get it. needless to say ive never dealt with a real professional who ever came at me crooked. its real easy to weed out the bullshit. but i understand where youre coming from. get money son.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Martin wrote:oh i get it. this is what people try to wolf at me all the time. the other common one is, the money isnt right i know but think of all the exposure youll get it. needless to say ive never dealt with a real professional who ever came at me crooked. its real easy to weed out the bullshit. but i understand where youre coming from. get money son.
nobody is coming at you for anything. did i email you? did i PM you? is there a loaded gun pointed at your head. if you are interested you hit me up, i am not recruiting talent. the opportunity is there and its up to you or whoever is interested to hit me up. you are fucking delusional if you think shit like this just happens or that with all your hustling with net rappers you think you could parlay a beat into the right hands that may find its way on an album like this.

you need to get that large chip that resides on your shoulder off cuz you have been like this since day one and with all your talent all you are is just a dope producer in the sound lab, that's it.

Martin

Post by Martin »

eh no i think you misunderstood. im speaking on the real world where people try to make a buck off others with much the same sales pitch.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Martin wrote:eh no i think you misunderstood. im speaking on the real world where people try to make a buck off others with much the same sales pitch.
i guess. i'm not a promoter. i'm a not manager and i'm not familiar with the how shit goes down. what i am is an asset to some (i hope) and a person with a lot of contacts and a few ears.

all those remix contests i don't do to bring more traffic on philaflava cuz trust me the people that do sign up are usually dweebs, i do it to help you all out. but its okay for me to want to eat off what could be a very large opportunity. i'm not asking for cats to sign a contract. i'm not asking for your first born. i'm saying here is what i could bring us, but here is the deal...

cornsnake

Post by cornsnake »

lets not get too wild out here.... I'll throw you a beat this week; sounds like fun
Prof - Figured Out prod by 84 and Dillon<embed allowscriptaccess="always" height="81" src="http://player.soundcloud.com/player.swf ... and-dillon" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="100%"></embed> </object>

Sherlock

Post by Sherlock »

J you still lookin? i just saw this post
indeed

Remo the Great

Post by Remo the Great »

I'll be gettin at you, Gloss. I'm at work right now, but I'm definately interested. Someone else had told me about this jamie foxx shit too.

peace
GoddyNoMore... You can call me Alex.

The Beat Break - A Blog dedicated to Hip-Hop Producers, their music, and their tools.
Alex Minor Dot Com - New name. Get Used to it.

Tack-Fu

Post by Tack-Fu »

Look fellas. Jason is just give'n you cats the headz up. That's all. Don't look into it that much. He knows talented people post music up here and he's passing the information along.

Now would Jamie Foxx like my stuff? Doubt it. Too much jazz influence. He's into more of that club/R&B clean sound that the masses are consuming right now. My sound isn't that clean, it isn't directed or made for the clubs or club participants.

Maybe I have one in the vaults, I don't know, but if Jamie Foxx would at least take a listen...that would be cool.

Peace,
Tack

Conscious
The Anti-Hater Liberator

Post by Conscious »

Wouldn't trust Gloss with my Disc Makers order... FOH... This the funniest shit he ever post....

No seriously though... FOH Ha ha ha. Jokes and Jokes And Jokes...
http://bondfireradio.com #thefutureofradio

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »

Conscious wrote:Wouldn't trust Gloss with my Disc Makers order... FOH... This the funniest shit he ever post....

You're a fag though.

Conscious
The Anti-Hater Liberator

Post by Conscious »

Moolah wrote:
Conscious wrote:Wouldn't trust Gloss with my Disc Makers order... FOH... This the funniest shit he ever post....

You're a fag though.
Fuck Outtah Here You Lifeless Bitch.... Find some new dumb shit to say.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Why do you troll around at all the people that have clowned you and make it a habit to post dumb shit like this?

Next time you PM me for my advice on your track or help to promote it--don't please.