do white people deserve to share with us this rap culture?

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Combo7

Post by Combo7 »

Mindbender Futurama wrote:
Combo7 wrote:
Mindbender Futurama wrote:no place on the planet instantly judges someone's entire existence based upon their racial "reality" as harshly as America does it.

You're kidding, right?
No.

Dog, there are countries that engage in mass ethnic-cleansing and genocide. If you want to talk about racist countries, America doesn't even enter the discussion.

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

hired gun wrote:
ardamus wrote:
reason is yellow wrote:
ardamus wrote:
reason is yellow wrote: i'm pretty sure there would be, glossy
In some form, yeah. But Gloss seems to be taking the side of the business/commercial/exposure aspect.
basketball players alone would be able fund rappers.
There's no doubt about that. But I think Gloss was speaking from what actually happened. Had there not been some of the white people in the positions they were in to put rap music out there, who knows what could've happened; maybe some wealthy brothas/sistas would've did the same thing (not saying they haven't). Even asians, hispanics, and etc. could be considered in same positions. But put it this way: there would've been the possibility of NWA not being put out there if Jerry Heller didn't put a machine behind them. Lyor Cohen would've never considered the option of marketing Roc-A-Fella. On some behind-the-scenes/get-money-on-the-commercial-level/historical tip, its true. But that was the focus......that green and not the kind you smoke. Some of these white cats in their position saw talent, exposed, new it would sell, and cashed in.
Dont bail out the white boy Ardamus :lol: . And pick up yo album! :gyeah: . Glad we got to build for a couple hours.
Not even, son! :lol: Just calling it how I see it. :cheers:
Oh yeah no doubt. I'ma make that show shit happen in DC, too. Didn't know you knew Joe from The Filli Foundation. We gotta talk some more then since you shouted him out.....
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

hired gun

Post by hired gun »

Philaflava wrote: Look I like you. I respect your grind and think you're talented. I've even supported you without you asking me to because I dig some of your music

From a name you can trust...pt. 2

The People's Verses.....Image
HIRED GUN-Straight Organics
http://www.freshrootsmusic.com

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

^ Did you even know Arrest The President has been in the jukebox for a few weeks?

hired gun

Post by hired gun »

Philaflava wrote:^ Did you even know Arrest The President has been in the jukebox for a few weeks?
Proof of the white man elevating the culture yet again. :megaman: :lol: :copy:
Last edited by hired gun on Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

Money Gripp wrote:Does Mindbender realize that competing tribes in Africa regularly try to eliminate their fellow black Africans who they consider inferior?
did you miss the short summary of african history pre-colonialization? Everybody held hands and danced until white people came and ruined shit with concepts of political systems (which apparently they didn't have beforehand)
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

hired gun

Post by hired gun »

drizzle wrote:
Money Gripp wrote:Does Mindbender realize that competing tribes in Africa regularly try to eliminate their fellow black Africans who they consider inferior?
did you miss the short summary of african history pre-colonialization? Everybody held hands and danced until white people came and ruined shit with concepts of political systems (which apparently they didn't have beforehand)

Take the horrible history lessons to Biko. I haven't heard or seen anything near accurate on either side with that.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

hired gun wrote:
drizzle wrote:

Take the horrible history lessons to Biko. I haven't heard or seen anything near accurate on either side with that.
what lessons, i only paraphrased what mindbender wrote on the last page

hired gun

Post by hired gun »

drizzle wrote:
hired gun wrote:
drizzle wrote:

what lessons, i only paraphrased what mindbender wrote on the last page
not saying you said it...just the back and forth about race in general.

None

Post by None »

Money Gripp wrote:You're one dumb mutherfucker. You know that, right?
No matter how many times this is said, it's still funny.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

oh i agree with that, this whole thing is def more suited to biko, i come here for the weezy not this 'make me feel and think shit' shit

Roy Johnson

Post by Roy Johnson »

If you're in range I hope you hear this...

http://www.zshare.net/audio/181430864d376966/

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

drizzle wrote:oh i agree with that, this whole thing is def more suited to biko, i come here for the weezy not this 'make me feel and think shit' shit
bored at work again, i take it :lol:
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

ardamus wrote:
drizzle wrote:oh i agree with that, this whole thing is def more suited to biko, i come here for the weezy not this 'make me feel and think shit' shit
bored at work again, i take it :lol:
every day around this time i get real antsy

vinylpops

Post by vinylpops »

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

drizzle wrote:i only paraphrased what mindbender wrote on the last page
you devolve more and more with each expression of childish hatred, son.

honestly. how do you live with yourself and the phenomenal lies you tell?

AS IF I said anything like this. yeesh.

i know you're an idiot and all, but putting words in my mouth to make me sound as dumb as you won't work. I operate off truth and fact, you speak through accusation and distortion.
drizzle wrote:
oh yeah. that was right after Slavery came and fixed everything, right?

holy fuck, you guys can be childish to try and validate your flimsy arguments.

yeah I KNOW there were forms of slavery in Africa/Middle East before Europeans came.

But are you REALLY going to try and suggest they were worse for African people than chattel slavery and the Slave "Trade", where African 'traded' its religions, cultures, languages and at least 30,000,000 people to Europe for... basically nothing?

are you REALLY going to try and pretend that European slavery wasn't the worst thing to ever happen to Africa and Africans?

REALLY?
Combo7 wrote:
Combo7 wrote:
Mindbender Futurama wrote:no place on the planet instantly judges someone's entire existence based upon their racial "reality" as harshly as America does it.

You're kidding, right?
No.

Dog, there are countries that engage in mass ethnic-cleansing and genocide. If you want to talk about racist countries, America doesn't even enter the discussion.
I would argue that America does it too. Just in a different way. :killacam:

Aboriginal Indians, anyone? 98% genocide rate on American soil?

Prison system? Worst on the planet?

Biggest disproportion between rich (probably white) and poor (probably NOT white)?

America's way of killing its undesirables is just more... fine-tuned than Africa's. And it's time that Europeans take some responsibility in bringing some of the political systems, policies and scenarios to Africa that are currently fucking it up. Mugabe may be a vicious dictator, but where did he learn it from? :killacam:

Fuck a Belgian Congo and fuck the Scramble For Africa.

Establish Jamaican Great Britain and maybe we can start balacing earth again.

haw haw
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Tired & Broke

Re: do white people deserve to share with us this rap cultur

Post by Tired & Broke »

Conspiracy wrote: MAN YOU WHITE PEOPLE LIE CHEAT AND STEAL FOR NO REASON ALOT
Reel Talk
Conspiracy wrote: MB- I STOPPED JUDGING EVERYTHING IN 1997...EVER HEAR, THOU SHALL NOT JUDGE LEST YOU BE JUDGED..? FUCKING BITCH NIGGA
How did yall miss this gem??
I'll do you one better http://www.zshare.net/audio/18143943303f0a37/

and hired gun been killin shit.

Money Gripp

Post by Money Gripp »

Fact: America was the only country that committed atrocities during the Colonial Era.

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

Everyone here needs to step away from their computers, take a deep breath, go drink some water, and take a walk outside.

PEACE

hired gun

Re: do white people deserve to share with us this rap cultur

Post by hired gun »

StressIzHim wrote:
and hired gun been killin shit.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

i know you're an idiot and all, but putting words in my mouth to make me sound as dumb as you won't work. I operate off truth and fact, you speak through accusation and distortion.
so you didn't write this:
even if it takes a million lifetimes, Africa, the cradle of civilization, WILL reach its former glory days and heal itself from the scars of European/Christian invasion and the repercussions of the African Holocaust aka Slavery. I know Europe came in and raped Africa and implanted all kinds of systems and foreign cultures and taxes and rules and laws and apartheids and bullshit that black Africans have run with and made worse, if not just perpetuated more, for the last few decades/centuries.
drizzle wrote:

yeah I KNOW there were forms of slavery in Africa/Middle East before Europeans came.

But are you REALLY going to try and suggest they were worse for African people than chattel slavery and the Slave "Trade", where African 'traded' its religions, cultures, languages and at least 30,000,000 people to Europe for... basically nothing?

are you REALLY going to try and pretend that European slavery wasn't the worst thing to ever happen to Africa and Africans?

REALLY?
point me to where I said european colonization and slave trade fixed anything?

point me to where I argued or suggested anything as better or worse?

But, are you REALLY going to argue that some forms of slavery are preferable to others because they're not perpetuated by white people? REALLY?

Oh and as far as you operating on truth and fact, remember how I asked you to explain how american policies affect you specifically without using emoticons or calling me a hater? I'm still waiting on that one, should've been fairly easy with all those truths and facts and journalistic acumen at your disposal.
Last edited by drizzle on Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hired gun

Post by hired gun »

drizzle wrote:

even if it takes a million lifetimes, Africa, the cradle of civilization, WILL reach its former glory days and heal itself from the scars of European/Christian invasion and the repercussions of the African Holocaust aka Slavery. I know Europe came in and raped Africa and implanted all kinds of systems and foreign cultures and taxes and rules and laws and apartheids and bullshit that black Africans have run with and made worse, if not just perpetuated more, for the last few decades/centuries.
drizzle wrote:

REALLY?

But, are you REALLY going to argue that some forms of slavery are preferable to others because they're not perpetuated by white people? REALLY?
African Slavery was more akin to indentured servitude then actual slavery.

Tribal slavery did not break up families
Tribal slavery did not subject them to torture
in some tribes, slaves could hold lower office, earn money etc.

Now mind you, in greek slavery this was also present...

However Chatel Slavery that is a device of europe of systematic genocide and torture, it sought to dehumanize the population completely. That's all fact.

BlingRhames

Post by BlingRhames »

the hardest part is picking which conspiracy line to sig....
Sebastian gets busy wrote:look there is still a chANCE THIS WAS A GIRL

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

drizzle wrote:

drizzle wrote:

REALLY?

I never made the argument. THE FACT IS: the most DAMAGING type of slavery done to Africa was the Chattel Slavery that occurred between Europe and Africa between the sixteenth and twentieth century. Period.

I never said Arab slavery was any better or worse. I personally feel the one where the most cultural damage and most death and destruction caused is the worst one. WHICH WOULD BE THE ONE THAT EUROPE DID TO AFRICA, IDIOT.

You're the one accusing me of shit. I'm defending my statements. I don't give a fuck about your petty devil's advocate quoting and nagging enough to blame you for anything. You just IMPLY that my words are saying YOU said some shit that both of us would be retarded to claim.

No, you never said the european slave trade fixed anything, and never said anything was better or worse. But why are you on my fucking ass about ETERNAL FACTS IN HISTORY?

White people STILL got a problem admitting, apologizing, and acknowledging THE STILL VERY RELEVANT EFFECTS OF AFRICAN ENSLAVEMENT.

take it home, hired gun. maybe they will listen to you more than me. I speak facts, and my haters see them as lies cause they are such suckers.

thank you for the truth.
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thun

Post by Thun »

LOL@ downplaying the catastrophic impact of the Arab slave trade on Africa just because whitey didn't do it.

You geniuses are aware that the Arabs taught the Europeans everything they knew about the whole enterprise, right? And directly collaborated with them in certain cases?

Money Gripp

Post by Money Gripp »

"No, sweetheart, it's the 'good slavery'!"

hired gun

Post by hired gun »

Money Gripp wrote:"No, sweetheart, it's the 'good slavery'!"
"its not my fault everybody's doin it"

hired gun

Post by hired gun »

Thun wrote:LOL@ downplaying the catastrophic impact of the Arab slave trade on Africa just because whitey didn't do it.

You geniuses are aware that the Arabs taught the Europeans everything they knew about the whole enterprise, right? And directly collaborated with them in certain cases?
your point?

Oh yeah..niggas stupid...STRING'EM UP

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

so it's ok to own a dude as long as you own his wife and children too?

what about tribes selling members of other tribes to europeans, and before europeans to arabs?

and aside from the colonial period of african history there's no precedent of tribes/nations (not just in africa, everywhere) committing systematic genocide?

Again, i'm not trying to argue anything as better or worse. I'm not trying to write off any period or event as insignificant or inconsequential. Just pointing out that all of it, the whole idea and institution of slavery going back to the Hammurabi code regardless of historical age race or religion is unspeakably terrible.

Trying to pose one as being preferrable to the other in order to make a point in discussion of race, well...

hired gun

Post by hired gun »

you know African kings traded slaves too!!! You are a slave in yo own mind! Kultcha cipha god. :lol: