Game's album not #1, Slipknot beat him by a cunthair

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Game's album not #1, Slipknot beat him by a cunthair

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

Earlier reports of stating that The Game's album L.A.X. was the best selling album in the country have turned out to be incorrect, due to an error in Neilsenג€™s Soundscan reports.

According to a representative for SoundScan, the companyג€™s original sales figures were off, due to the Labor Day holiday weekend, which caused a delay in sales data, which was posted online.

Metal group SlipKnotג€™s album All Hope Is Gone actually took the #1 spot on Billboardג€™s Top 200 Albumג€™s chart, selling 239,516 copies.

The Gameג€™s third album L.A.X. sold 238,382 copies and was beaten out by only 1,134 units.

Although he scored a controversial #2 chart position on The Game still landed a #1 chart debut for a third time, topping the Hip-Hop/R&B Chart.

Adamant to fans and media alike this will be his last album, Game feel assured that this album is a fitting end to his legacy as a solo artist and quiets critics who questioned his songwriting ability.

ג€œBeing #1 for the third time makes me feel good, especially since I put my all into this album,ג€ a proud Game explained to AllHipHop.com. ג€œThere should be no doubt by the critics if a label, producer or hook singer can stagger my ability to make songs or an album. I hope my fans enjoy this one more than others, because this one defines me, my life, and my place in Hip-Hop.ג€

On iTunes alone, the album sold 130, 000 copies the first day of release.

L.A.X. features a staggering guest list of todayג€™s top Hip-Hop and R&B stars: Lil Wayne, Nas, Ice Cube, DMX, Ludacris, Common Raekwon, Chrisette Michele, Raheem DeVaughn, Bilal, Ne-Yo, LaToya Williams, and Keyshia Cole.

Gameג€™s third album L.A.X. is available now in stores and through iTunes download.
and as one of the biggest Game fans of :phila: :grin: , I must say, now that I've listened to it in it's entirety, I must say its... his worst album in some ways, his second best in others.

His wit is sharper than ever. But there's a few totally :retard: moments on this:

1) saying "shut up Tupac! shut up Biggie!" even though they are his rottweilers
2) the whole song 'Never Can Say Goodbye'. Is there nothing sacred?
3) Cali Sunshine is aiight, but it's not the new Olde English.
4) First song on the album, he says he's "more hood than Suge". :roll:
5) he's really got nothing to say anymore though. he can barely make a hook by himself still, 50 Cent is right. but he can make better songs, in some twisted way. Curtis tells more truth, but it just doesn't matter anymore. Game is more interesting as a person.
6) "I'm gone/ just like my Aftermath chain". So I guess you ain't taking a bullet for Dre anymore, huh?
7) the beats on this album aren't as :ohsh: as the last album, period.
8) LAX is not powerful enough for a title track, and Ice Cube totally phoned that guest appearance in.

Great things on this album:

1) the song 'Money'. that shit is dope. "I'm about a dollar, 50 Cent ain't real... money" :hooray:
2) the song 'House of Pain' is ill.
3) BULLETPROOF DIARIES: one of the best beats of the year, no question. Peace to Jellyroll!!! Too slept on. Raekwon killlls it.
4) Nas's verse on 'Letter to the King'. Levels above Jayceon.
5) Luda is kinda dope on this, but that song is like many other songs on here... nothing truly remarkable.
6) His rhyme writing is decent... but once you see through the shock value... the album wears off. Some of the beats still bang.
7) the song with Weezy is alright. he's trying to be reflective, but that stupid line about Alpo and that last line about Pac is what fools say. That's the kinda shit he shouldn't put on record. He removes that line about Marshall Mathers, but keeps this? :naswtf: Bi-polar mofo.

Jay-Z is too smart to give you any album sales by beefing with you. and on that note, my final verdict on the Game is:

he's aiight, but he's not real.

this really should be his last album. he's got nothing else to say.

rap is outta control
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

citizen

Post by citizen »

people actually buy slipknot records?

reevolution

Post by reevolution »

citizen wrote:people actually buy slipknot records?
ever go to the mall?

mud

Post by mud »

Can someone upload the Rae and Nas tracks please?

citizen

Post by citizen »

reevolution wrote:
citizen wrote:people actually buy slipknot records?
ever go to the mall?
no, not really, do they do free concerts there?

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

it'll go plat
UBM CD COMING SOON

Jayou Ayen

Re: Game's album not #1, Slipknot beat him by a cunthair

Post by Jayou Ayen »

Mindbender Futurama wrote: Jay-Z is too smart to give you any album sales by beefing with you. and on that note, my final verdict on the Game is:

he's aiight, but he's not real.

this really should be his last album. he's got nothing else to say.

Blah, blah, blah.

Game has made 3 good albums, we're still waiting for your first.

Take it up with Gloss, you White Piece of Shit.

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »

NEVER TALK ABOUT THE GAME AGAIN, SERIOUSLY. STFU

Quotashun

Post by Quotashun »

Moolah wrote:NEVER TALK ABOUT THE GAME AGAIN, SERIOUSLY. STFU