T Pain: Wack or Fresh?

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Drastik

Post by Drastik »

In the world there are more people who like him than hate him. People who spend most of their time withdrawn from the world tend to hate him more. Everyone else just doesn't give a fuck. When it dies out, it dies out.
"Anything posted/said by Drastik is false and should not be taken seriously."

HomeSkillet

Post by HomeSkillet »

Blockhead wrote:
Race Car Bed Sleeping Rapist Virgin wrote:
Blockhead wrote:t-pain blows my mind. not only is he completely talentless but he also looks like a homeless clown...yet, somehow, he's got a thriving career in a medium where talent and looks are two of the more important things to have.

I sense jealousy
you could be on to something...
i click your sig 10 times a day for the last week.

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

Captin Planit wrote:
Blockhead wrote:at the risk of sounding super jealous of t-pain and his boundless talents, yes, he does make club bangers...so does brittney spears. that logic is up there with the "but he's making money!" argument people say when you call some talentless rich rapper wack or a sell out. t-pain is worthless on every level. roger troutman is doing cartwheels in his grave.
The making money argument is not the same as the club banger argument. Somebody being fortunate enough to hit the scene at the right time to be successful is much more variable than somebody who knows how to make a song that deserves a giant system. It's like making arena music. A lot of people dream of being able to do it, but you can't just turn up the volume to get what you want.
i would have agreed with you ten years ago but the music business is totally different now. people don't make hits as much as CERTAIN people make songs that get pushed way harder then other shit. every now and then, one will pop up that defies this but mostly it's just promotion and money making the hits. you play some shit enough on the radio and every retard listening will eventually submit to it. so, what i'm saying is, making a club banger (nowadays) isn't shit to me the same way being rich isn't shit to me. it doesn't validate the music on any level. and, don't get me wrong, there are plenty of dope club joints out there that have released over the past few years. but, IMO, t-pain had no involvement in any of them. obviously, a million fans would disagree with me but whatever..fuck that guys life.

Funk Docta Bombay
Head Cynic In Charge
Location: Fuck You, Fuck You, You're cool, and fuck you I'm out.

Post by Funk Docta Bombay »

Blockhead wrote:
i would have agreed with you ten years ago but...

...you play some shit enough on the radio and every retard listening will eventually submit to it.
And shit wasn't that like 10 years ago? Substitute T-Pain for Ja Rule or Nelly and you got the same situation.

Personally I don't listen to the radio and I think most of the people he guests for are trash so I'm not hearing him like that. Essentially reduced to The Good Life and Got Money he's whatever.

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

Funk Docta Bombay wrote:
Blockhead wrote:
i would have agreed with you ten years ago but...

...you play some shit enough on the radio and every retard listening will eventually submit to it.
And shit wasn't that like 10 years ago? Substitute T-Pain for Ja Rule or Nelly and you got the same situation.

Personally I don't listen to the radio and I think most of the people he guests for are trash so I'm not hearing him like that. Essentially reduced to The Good Life and Got Money he's whatever.
true...nelly and jarule were no different. maybe 15 years ago? i do recall a time when club bangers were actually good songs though. when timberland and the neptunes were running mainstream hip hop, shit was a lot better. ever since lil' john bought in those shitty synth sounds and tin drums sounds, shit been on a steady decline.
honestly though, i kinda blame club hopping girls and teenagers. they're the ones who's shitty taste dictates everything.

step one

Post by step one »

I thought it was just 15 year old girls that liked T Pain.

Honestly cant understand why anyone with an interest in decent music would tolerate this shit, let alone enjoy it. Sounds absoloutely fucking horrendous and the sooner he goes out of fashion the better.
The next artist to drop a track using auto tune should be violently assaulted. Here's hoping its Lil Wayne.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

no me gusta t-pain. for me, it's especially b/c he can't sing a lick naturally. in general though, the autotune experimentation going on by reputable and shitty artists alike is gay
Nets 2022

Jayou Ayen

Post by Jayou Ayen »

T-Pain is the modern day KRS-One.

Take it up with Gloss, you White Piece of Shit.

Galvatron78
Splack Morris

Post by Galvatron78 »

his new shit "Chopped and Skrewed" with Ludacris is dope as fuck. As for his career overall i actually liked his creations and he's been ghostwriting for damn near everyone for the past year and a half, i just hate that EVERYONE uses autotune now.....ME AND T-PAIN ORIGINATED THAT STYLE!!!! LOL

vaporized

Post by vaporized »

I like the way any rap with zero musical substance automatically acquires 'club banger' status...you can't front on a 'club banger'. your opinion is void. you tried to diss a 'club banger' by bringing a sense of reason to the argument, and the 'club banger' exposed you as a fool, kid

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

double post...rouch
Last edited by Blockhead on Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

vaporized wrote:I like the way any rap with zero musical substance automatically acquires 'club banger' status...you can't front on a 'club banger'. your opinion is void. you tried to diss a 'club banger' by bringing a sense of reason to the argument, and the 'club banger' exposed you as a fool, kid
is this aimed at me? if so, please let me know where i made that whole "zero musical substance=club banger" statement. sure, many club bangers are completely void of substance, but that's really neither here nor there when judging them. the bottom line is that MOST of the songs are bad. weather they bang in the clubs or not...if anything, give the engineers props and keep it moving.

vaporized

Post by vaporized »

^ nah, sorry. I agree with you... sarcasm doesnt go down well on the internet... just saying it seems like every half assed track gets labeled a 'club banger' , which is stupid, but somehow if you disagree it seems like you're either hating or some nerd who never goes out...

Kalistoga

Post by Kalistoga »

Galvatron78 wrote:his new shit "Chopped and Skrewed" with Ludacris is dope as fuck.
I heard this song yesterday. It's really ill...

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

vaporized wrote:^ nah, sorry. I agree with you... sarcasm doesnt go down well on the internet... just saying it seems like every half assed track gets labeled a 'club banger' , which is stupid, but somehow if you disagree it seems like you're either hating or some nerd who never goes out...
ah, i see. my bad.
word. a song like "this is why i'm hot" was the biggest shit ever and it sounded like a third grader rapping over an instrumental track that could be used for a 1-900 number for a gay dating service.

Jaz
Ease Up

Post by Jaz »

Blockhead wrote:
vaporized wrote:^ nah, sorry. I agree with you... sarcasm doesnt go down well on the internet... just saying it seems like every half assed track gets labeled a 'club banger' , which is stupid, but somehow if you disagree it seems like you're either hating or some nerd who never goes out...
ah, i see. my bad.
word. a song like "this is why i'm hot" was the biggest shit ever and it sounded like a third grader rapping over an instrumental track that could be used for a 1-900 number for a gay dating service.
:rofl: :lol:

ObeseJesus

Post by ObeseJesus »

in retrospect, "this is why i'm hot" is one of the best "club bangers" of the last 2-3 years

Kalel
Internet Celebrity

Post by Kalel »

ObeseJesus wrote:in retrospect, "this is why i'm hot" is one of the best "club bangers" of the last 2-3 years
Wouldn't someone need to actually go to a club in order to make this kind of statement? I can't picture you ever leaving your post underneath the bridge.

"This Is Why I'm Hot" was hot garbage in comparison to "What You Know", "My Love" and the like.

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

<object width="464" height="388" classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000"><param name="movie" value="http://www2.funnyordie.com/public/flash/fodplayer.swf" /><param name="flashvars" value="key=86a76df842" /><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><embed width="464" height="388" flashvars="key=86a76df842" allowfullscreen="true" quality="high" src="http://www2.funnyordie.com/public/flash/fodplayer.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"></embed></object>

Best thing T-Pain has ever done

Quotashun

Post by Quotashun »

ObeseJesus wrote:in retrospect, "this is why i'm hot" is one of the best "club bangers" of the last 2-3 years
No.

Cash Rulz
Voice of Reason

Post by Cash Rulz »

Can't sing, but the nigga can write a hook. I enjoyed 50% of his album, hate most of his singles, but that Can't Believe It shit is the best use of autotune yet.

Galvatron78
Splack Morris

Post by Galvatron78 »

Cash Rulz wrote:Can't sing, but the nigga can write a hook. I enjoyed 50% of his album, hate most of his singles, but that Can't Believe It shit is the best use of autotune yet.
I agree.....he should have made "Tipsy" a damn single, dude makes pretty decent beats too at times.

hustler

Post by hustler »

anyone who uses a vocoder is dope
thekeentwo wrote:hustler we can totally have sex

Conscious
The Anti-Hater Liberator

Post by Conscious »

Why is this discussion in this section?
http://bondfireradio.com #thefutureofradio

A Dirty Lurker

Post by A Dirty Lurker »

I havent heard much of it cos I don't listen to the radio but what I have caught of it i wasn't feelin at all. I can understand why the kids'll be likin it and why it would bang in the clubs if all the girls are shakin their asses but its a FAIL for me.
My supersonics leave ya mute like Maggie Simpson.