School me on Michael Redd

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

Crooked S

School me on Michael Redd

Post by Crooked S »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXlycXlGWpw

A friend showed me this today and it looks real good.

I just never really paid attention to him, but at the same time never really hear about him either. I know he's a good shooter, but that's it. Some fans who aren't die-hard NBA fans don't even know he exists. Is he just extremely underrated or something?

Apathwhy

Post by Apathwhy »

he's the best player on the bucks, but no one gives a shit about the bucks. he can shoot, that's about it. nothing great about that highlight. he was drafted 43rd, which is probably one of the best steal ever.

artMajor

Post by artMajor »

i only knew him through live 2005

bringinoutbangerz
The Homer

Post by bringinoutbangerz »

stone cold lefty gunner known to reel off 35-point shellings in between stints on the DL. Contract-played the fuck outta 05 getting the bucks to cough up major loot to compensate. A brilliant Ernie Grunfeld second round choice out of Ohio State. Made Ray Allen expendable.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

he plays in Wisconsin, nuff said
Hey, by the way who's Curt?

jazzmatazz23

Post by jazzmatazz23 »

he scored 50+ on the jazz this season. He is trying out for the USA team. He is very good and under rated.

goldenstateofmind

Post by goldenstateofmind »

poor mans gilbert arenas

Sankofa

Post by Sankofa »

bringinoutbangerz wrote:brilliant Ernie Grunfeld

jazzmatazz23

Post by jazzmatazz23 »

goldenstateofmind wrote:poor mans gilbert arenas
disagree. He is a true shooting guard. Gilbert is a shooting guard that plays point because he does not have the size. gilbert is a better offensive player, but not much are better than him in the league. If you like players like ray allen and such he is smooth and fun too watch.

Tariq's Dilemma

Post by Tariq's Dilemma »

He played with Scoonie Penn at Ohio State, who coached me for 3 summers.

Thats all I got.

Julius Seizure

Post by Julius Seizure »

Tariq's Dilemma wrote:He played with Scoonie Penn at Ohio State, who coached me for 3 summers.

Thats all I got.
haha. i was coming on here to give scoonie penn some love. was a big fan of his in HS and at BC before he left for OSU.

redd is not the poor man's arenas. he is a pure shooter with some slashing ability. arguably the quickest release in the game, and is just deadly curling off screens. not just a selfish gunner ala dale ellis or vashon lenard. i guess you could safely compare him to allan houston...maybe a bit more consistent with his J. i'd say the poor man's ray allan.

perabigail

Post by perabigail »

lmao. you've got to be kidding.

goldenstateofmind

Post by goldenstateofmind »

jazzmatazz23 wrote:
disagree. He is a true shooting guard. Gilbert is a shooting guard that plays point because he does not have the size. gilbert is a better offensive player, but not much are better than him in the league. If you like players like ray allen and such he is smooth and fun too watch.
if you put size/position and all the "undersized 2 guard" bull aside and actually watched them play you would see they play very similiar offensively. gil is obviously the better shooter, ball handler, playmaker, defender etc... but to say they aren't similiar becuase one is a "true" shooting guard and the other is not simply because he lines up at the point due to size is just silly.
perabigail wrote:
^^^^
anybody who's seen gil and redd both play and can comprehend basketball would be either a liar or an idiot to deny the similarities in their game.

Julius Seizure

Post by Julius Seizure »

goldenstateofmind wrote:
jazzmatazz23 wrote:
if you put size/position and all the "undersized 2 guard" bull aside and actually watched them play you would see they play very similiar offensively. gil is obviously the better shooter, ball handler, playmaker, defender etc... but to say they aren't similiar becuase one is a "true" shooting guard and the other is not simply because he lines up at the point due to size is just silly.
perabigail wrote:
^^^^
anybody who's seen gil and redd both play and can comprehend basketball would be either a liar or an idiot to deny the similarities in their game.
i think redd is a better shooter than gilbert. i'd be interested in some stats on shooting %s and whatnot. seems like redd is more efficient, more consistent with his j.

and, yeah, there are some similarities in their games, but arenas isn't a great comparison in my book, and i've seen them both play and can comprehend basketball. arenas can run the point, redd can't. arenas is a shameless gunner, redd has better shot selection. gilbert is unstoppable 1on1, redd can slash a little, but doesn't have a lightning first step. arenas is better a creating his own shot, while redd is semi reliant on screens and set plays to get shots.

Julius Seizure

Post by Julius Seizure »

yeah (no icesickle), redd's shooting #s are better.

redd (career) FG% .453 3pt% .392 FT% .850
arenas (career) FG% .428 3pt% 361 FT% .810

so relax dr. jack