Who golfs?

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

an-also

Who golfs?

Post by an-also »

Dont ever remember seeing a golf thread.

Do you golf. How long have you been golfing? What do you usually shoot. Whats you best you'v ever shot?

I just started golfing last summer. I'v been hooked ever since. I cant believe iv slept on playing golf for so long. My best score iv ever shot is a 93. I usually shoot high 90s. I think im doing pretty decent for someone who just picked up the game less than a year ago, especially considering there is no golfing when the winter rolls around. I cant putt for shit

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

best score is a 84

member at timber creek since 2001, took it in college for a phys ed credit

got hooked, my family all golfs..so the only time I can see them is on the course,

best game ever

the most fun you can have with your clothes on

right now..i cant get off the tee well, about 235 with a nasty slice, i try to over compensate but i keep hitting the knock down punch fade draw like a mad man

short game is MONEY

money

anything within 150 yards and I am killin it

put the irons away for approach shot

using fairway woods..5 & 7
hitting them real nice, but its early..game ca go to shit real quick..i just want to win my companies open so i can rub their fat white rich noses in it

(pardon the gay clothes, there is a dress code o the course)

:megaman:
Hey, by the way who's Curt?

an-also

Post by an-also »

^^nice. My driver is probably my best part of my game right now. Im consistantly getting 250 plus off the tee. My irons are on and off. I think i'll get better the more i play. My goal is to finish a round in the high 80s before winter.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

an-also wrote:^^nice. My driver is probably my best part of my game right now. Im consistantly getting 250 plus off the tee. My irons are on and off. I think i'll get better the more i play. My goal is to finish a round in the high 80s before winter.
haaahaa i wish i was bigger off the tee..but as you know..its all about the short game.

its all about pronation of the head club..thumbs up in backswing..thumbs up in fallow thru..keep that left arm straight..always stright..cock wrists straight thru

my goal has been to hit low 80s every year

thing is..all my homies are broke or busy..can never play..so i play with my parents and their friends

i got so pissed last saturday i broke my 5 wood on the course during a temper tantrum

never use a cart..carts are for fags

walk the course..experience the topography..trust your stroke.

learn to use the wedges..choke up your hands must lead on the short shots

its all about physics

i had a 80 year old guy give me lessons..he barely swung with any strenght..and he could drive 280-300 no bullshit

every other sport the harder you hit..the harder you swing ..the better you do..
not golf..swing slow and easy and the distance will come

dont try and kill it

the sad thing is..its the hardest game out there..i was way better 3-4 years ago..once you start to regress..it gets mad frustrating

i shot a 92 first time out

the next week..i shot a 108..seriously,...the game is a mindbender
(no canada)

an-also

Post by an-also »

i use a cart sometimes. Some of the people i golf with are lazy. Golf is definably one of the most frustrating games out there. Once you fix one thing, then something else is in shambles. The only beef i have with golf is it gets pretty expensive if you'r going a lot

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

I cant stand people who dont use carts when they are available. Get in a fucking cart and lets go. Unless you are under a 10-12 handicap you are going to slow things way down. Pace is my biggest pet peeve and you fuckers kill it. Gotta love the foursome that wants to walk on a public course...

Also lol @ fairway woods.

I try to shoot under 90, but its a struggle right now. I just dont have enough time to play as much as I want. Im lucky to get out 2 or 3 times a month these days. The good thing is I can play year round down here.

an-also

Post by an-also »

^ pretty spot on. Sometimes it cool to walk to get a feel of the course but unless you'r competing, just grab a cart. And add a lot of beers from the food/drink's cart, the cart ride becomes good.

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

an-also wrote:^ pretty spot on. Sometimes it cool to walk to get a feel of the course but unless you'r competing, just grab a cart. And add a lot of beers from the food/drink's cart, the cart ride becomes good.
I understand the appeal of walking, but if you are all over the fucking course, chasing balls in the woods and then 4 putting, get a damn cart.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

blastmaster wrote: Also lol @ fairway woods.

if you can hit a iron better than a wood..then you got game

hey blastmaster

i know how you can take 5 strokes off your game

skip the next par 3

Random Sample

Post by Random Sample »

CaPaBLe_KeL wrote:if you can hit a iron better than a wood..then you got game
I don't even use a fairway wood. most courses are too short for my iron game. I can probably hit my 3 iron longer than most of you guys hit a 3 wood. The new technology has added tons of distance to my game.

From the ages of 15-20 I was pretty good. I would shoot in the low 80's. I quit playing, and in the past couple years I started playing on a semi regular basis. It is so frustrating now to get my game back. I went out last weekend for the first time and shot a 99. That is the first 18 I played in over a year. My short game was horrendous, and if it was even a little bit good, I would have probably shot a 90. Plus I bought a new driver and I was trying to get use to that. I finally dialed it in around hole 12.

pennsylvania jones
6th Man HOF

Post by pennsylvania jones »

I golf.

In fact, I just bought a new set of clubs off eBay. Taylor made 320's (yes it's an older set, 2005 or something) but they are an upgrade from what I had!

I'm excited to use them. Just got them yesterday.

I been golfin since 2002. Best score ever 87.

I typically shoot low 90s. Never took a lesson.

I got a weird 3/4 swing too.

hessbz12

Post by hessbz12 »

I golf, just not very well and don't make it out as much as I'd like to. I picked it up 2 summers ago and still am not that good. I want to take lessons here sometime soon.

I love playing golf and nothing beats playing a round of golf on a beautiful day and having a few beers. Lovely.

Random Sample

Post by Random Sample »

For all the guys just learning how to play, it is a good idea to take a few lessons from a pro. He will adjust your mechanics and it will make a big difference in your game. I know just from changing my grip on the club when i was a youngster I shaved almost 10 strokes off of my score.

Practicing chipping in your yard will make you a much better player also.

You know what I hate about golf courses? Inaccurate yardage markers. That shit just pisses me off. I played a course last week, and everything was off by 20 yards. I hit over 4 to 5 greens. I just thought I was hitting the ball really well, but it turns out that their yardage was fucked.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

I LOATHE THE JOCKS WHO COME OUT AND GET FUCKING LOADED, FLIRT WITH THE CART GIRL, PLAY SLOW AS FUCK..WADDLE AROUND

HEY ASSHOLE, GO GET DRUNK AT A BAR, WE HERE FOR SERIOUS PLAY, ITS NOT WHITE BOY DAY

REPLACE YER DIVOTS YOU FUCKING HACK

PLAY READY GOLF, SOME OF US DONT WANT TO BE OUT HERE FOR FOUR HOURS

Tariq's Dilemma

Post by Tariq's Dilemma »

CaPaBLe_KeL wrote:best score is a 84

member at timber creek since 2001, took it in college for a phys ed credit

got hooked, my family all golfs..so the only time I can see them is on the course,

best game ever

the most fun you can have with your clothes on

right now..i cant get off the tee well, about 235 with a nasty slice, i try to over compensate but i keep hitting the knock down punch fade draw like a mad man

short game is MONEY

money

anything within 150 yards and I am killin it

put the irons away for approach shot

using fairway woods..5 & 7
hitting them real nice, but its early..game ca go to shit real quick..i just want to win my companies open so i can rub their fat white rich noses in it

(pardon the gay clothes, there is a dress code o the course)

:megaman:
Your putt technique looks horrendous.

I play in the summer, hitting around the mid 80's when I keep score. I usually just go out and play though.

I never use carts. I play faster without them. I hate having to bring two or three clubs with me when you have to stay on the cart path.

BOOOOUUUUGHHHHIII

Random Sample

Post by Random Sample »

I guess my distance compared to what you guys have said in this thread is above average. Now that I think of it, I hit the ball at least a club sometimes two clubs less than my friends I play with. I have been hitting the driver around 275-300. I don't hit driver a lot on some of the courses because they are short, so I tee of with my 3 iron which I hit about 230.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

Random Sample wrote: I have been hitting the driver around 275-300. .
:ohsh:

Random Sample

Post by Random Sample »

CaPaBLe_KeL wrote:
Random Sample wrote: I have been hitting the driver around 275-300. .
:ohsh:
When my game is on, I have put them out there 325. But those ones are few and far between nowadays. I hit a couple last year that long with a shitty driver. Can't wait to see what I can do with this new Callaway driver once I get used to hitting it. I can already tell when I went to the driving range Tuesday night that I am going to hit this driver a ton.

an-also

Post by an-also »

Random Sample wrote:For all the guys just learning how to play, it is a good idea to take a few lessons from a pro. He will adjust your mechanics and it will make a big difference in your game.
Im using a baseball grip. I cant hit the ball for shit if i try using the pro grip with the pinky finger over the index. I just feel comfortable with the baseball grip. Someone told me the baseball grip is for women. is this true or bullshit

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

an-also wrote:
Random Sample wrote:For all the guys just learning how to play, it is a good idea to take a few lessons from a pro. He will adjust your mechanics and it will make a big difference in your game.
Im using a baseball grip. I cant hit the ball for shit if i try using the pro grip with the pinky finger over the index. I just feel comfortable with the baseball grip. Someone told me the baseball grip is for women. is this true or bullshit
yeah, if you do a baseball grip..you cant play in our group.

if it works for ya, run with it.

Random Sample

Post by Random Sample »

an-also wrote:
I use the interlock, but some people don't. That is just how I learned. Plus I have a very high club head speed so I have to have a good handle on the club. I am in the 90+ mph in swing speed.

The biggest thing about your grip is keeping the club in your fingers with you lower hand. You never want to have the club in the palm of you lower hand on the club. Plus you got to keep that hand turned over. If you have your hand open, it is going to drop that elbow and cause you to swing across the ball. You are not going to hit it very straight.

Messing with your grip is the weirdest thing when you are learning how to play. It will be so uncomfortable, but if you force yourself to do it, it will eventually become comfortable. You will also be a lot better player.

Getting a couple lessons and learning the proper grip and mechanics will help your game out so much. Then you just have to hit the range and practice what you have learned. In my teens when i was golfing a lot and I was on my high school golf team, I used to hit about 300-400 balls a week. practice truly makes perfect in golf, but you should have a good foundation so you are not practicing the wrong shit. because bad habits are hard to break in golf.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

RANDOM SAMPLE IS KILLIN IT RIGHT NOW :bow:

Random Sample

Post by Random Sample »

CaPaBLe_KeL wrote:RANDOM SAMPLE IS KILLIN IT RIGHT NOW :bow:
I am just trying to pass along what I learned when I first started getting serious about golf when I was around 14. A stable platform will truly make your game so much better. If I would have kept playing after college, I would probably be close to a scratch golfer. I hardly play that much, and having a good foundation is why I can play a round once a year and shoot in the 90's. not that that is good, but it isn't bad. I still got to get my touch back around the greens, that is where I suffer from not playing for a long time.

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

For the amatuer golfer about 80% of what you are doing wrong stems from poor grip and/or posture. If you follow Random's advice about keeping the grip in your fingers, not on your palm and address the ball like you are about to sit on a bar stool, you will save a ton of strokes.

Even one or two 20 minute lessons with a pro will help a ton.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

who would be interested in a fantasy golf league?

or am i goin too far?

Trub320

Post by Trub320 »

CaPaBLe_KeL wrote:who would be interested in a fantasy golf league?

or am i goin too far?
i tried it last year but its not any good

Random Sample

Post by Random Sample »

I played the worst round of golf in my life yesterday.

Getting drunk the night before, and only getting a little under 4 hours of sleep is not a good look for your golf game.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

Random Sample wrote:I played the worst round of golf in my life yesterday.

Getting drunk the night before, and only getting a little under 4 hours of sleep is not a good look for your golf game.
I shot a 103 on friday =

came back with a 94 yesterday

fuxking hate sunburn

Orale Holmes

Post by Orale Holmes »

I golfed for about 8 years then took a 4 year hiatus. I just recently started hitting up the course. Its harder to get back in the norm of things than I thought. My putting and chipping are still on point tho.

adverse

Post by adverse »

i played on my high school team. i still try to get out a few times a month

avg has always been mid to low 80s. i can break 80 if im in the zone. best ever was a 74. one hole in one a year ago
ImageImage