Salmons+Miller traded for Noch + Gooden

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

an-also

Salmons+Miller traded for Noch + Gooden

Post by an-also »

The Kings agreed on Wednesday to a trade that sends forward John Salmons and center Brad Miller to the Chicago Bulls in exchange for forwards Drew Gooden and Andres Nocioni, according to league sources. The deal will reduce Sacramento's obligations next season, saving the Kings millions on the salary cap and keeping them well under any potential luxury tax payments. Gooden, making $7.15 million this season, will likely come off the team's cap after this year, and now, the team is free of the $5.4 million due to Salmons in 2009 and the $12 million due to Miller in '09.
source: nba.com

Hayzoos

Post by Hayzoos »

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo not Noch!
Spottin fools frontin fly

http://www.last.fm/user/fopomofo

GM Dizzy Skillespie
Ghetto Revivalist

Post by GM Dizzy Skillespie »

I'm on pins and needles today hoping this trade goes through... although I'm surprised a playoff calibur team didn't try and acquire Salmons.

Hayzoos

Post by Hayzoos »

This means Ben is going back to the bench. Fuck this trade (unless it works and we make the playoffs, or course).

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

FUCK. i traded dirk for salmons and biedrins

salmons numbers HAVE to go down...right?
Nets 2022

GM Dizzy Skillespie
Ghetto Revivalist

Hayzoos wrote:This means Ben is going back to the bench. Fuck this trade (unless it works and we make the playoffs, or course).
enjoy having a center that shoots mid-range jumpers, can't block Nate Robinson and airballs shots in the clutch.

I'm sure Miller and Noah will best of buds.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Gordon > Salmons

GM Dizzy Skillespie
Ghetto Revivalist

Philaflava wrote:Gordon > Salmons
at scoring.

all around player, I'd rather have Salmons.
dude is highly efficient on both sides of the court.

Hayzoos

Post by Hayzoos »

Yep. And Gooden/Noch > Miller

This is such a retarded trade, I don't get it at all. I really hope this was just so we can have a few pieces to ship off to PHX for Amare.

Just as soon as Ben is really starting to assert himself as a stud, he gets sent to the bench. Fuck this...

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

I like Salmons, he's Philly born and I saw many of his games at UM but he is 5 years older than Gordon so that means in 5 years from now Gordon should be MUCH better than him. Right now he is just better.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

oh wait, i don't give a fuck! i have jason thompson!!

w00t
Nets 2022

jazzmatazz23

Post by jazzmatazz23 »

Are all the rims the exact same in the NBA?
I heard that chicagos rims are tighter or something of that nature. I could be way off, but

Money Gripp

Post by Money Gripp »

jazzmatazz23 wrote:Are all the rims the exact same in the NBA?
I heard that chicagos rims are tighter or something of that nature. I could be way off, but
:naswtf:

GM Dizzy Skillespie
Ghetto Revivalist

I just want to reiterate how awesome this trade makes me feel.
I won't have to watch brad miller anymore. my mind is blown.

I've always been a fan of Gooden. I'd like to see Mikki Moore out of here and maybe give Gooden a new contract. let the man stay near the bay where his heart is at, but not give him up to Golden State.

the Kings are still going to be the worst team in the NBA, but this move clears so much space for free agents and with a chance at the #1 pick.... oh goodness.
Petrie is the sneakiest genius in the business.

an-also

Post by an-also »

Money Gripp wrote:
jazzmatazz23 wrote:Are all the rims the exact same in the NBA?
:naswtf:
something is seriously up with the water in utah

Julius Seizure

Post by Julius Seizure »

dang i have gordon and salmons on my team and this could cut into both of their numbers. i do have noah on my bench but he's never getting off the pine anyway so FUCK.

and i've dropped hawes and thompson this year.

stupidregister

Post by stupidregister »

Not a fan of this move. You have all these assets and this is the biggest move you could come up with? Gimme a freaking break, what a lame deal. Brad Miller would be a nice fit on a team like the Spurs or Lakers but what the fuck is he going to be doing here, jumpers from the elbow all night? And Salmons is decent but why the fuck is he such a hot commodity? He's not a season-changing guy for a team like the Bulls. Did they make this deal to get John fucking Salmons when they had a potential shot at Bosh, Stoudemire or even Chandler?

Gooden was gone anyway, and I get that but he at least played hard every night. Noch is the same way, he's the only guy I've seen play hard all the time. I get that it's a business but you traded away the only two players with any heart to get a slightly above average swingman who gets to share time next to Mr. Softee himself and a redneck who can't get off the ground.

And the worst part about the whole thing is that Joakim Noah is still here.
Quality stitched MLB, NBA, NFL, and soccer jerseys: https://www.etsy.com/shop/FanJerseyz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Money Gripp

Post by Money Gripp »

stupidregister wrote:And the worst part about the whole thing is that Joakim Noah is still alive.

DULLAH

Post by DULLAH »

Only at jumpshooting. Maybe you don't see what we see on every local broadcast here, cause Ben Gordon's defense, even on other players as small as he is, is bottom of the league type bad, so is his passing. Handles really aren't too steady either.

But his J is top notch when he can get it off.

On the trade, I don't like it at all, Sacramento got over.

DULLAH

Post by DULLAH »

stupidregister wrote:Did they make this deal to get John fucking Salmons when they had a potential shot at Bosh, Stoudemire or even Chandler?
The only way Pax lives this down is if their's another trade coming.

Roy Johnson

Post by Roy Johnson »

This thread is choc full of fantasy fagz and chicago retards, although that was to be expected.

Andres Nocioni is not an NBA asset. All you have to do is watch him a few times in order to come to that conclusion. He can not do anything particularly well on a basketball court. He might bust his ass, but he ain't got no fucking skills. His shot selection has taken years off of my life. Somebody, anybody, please tell me one thing that Nocioni does particularly well on a basketball court besides drawing offensive fouls. Dude is an 8th man, at best. His salary is fucking terrible. Good riddance.

GMs think that Drew Gooden is a potential asset until they actually get a hold of him, and then they can't wait to dump him on some poor, unsuspecting chump. Dude is a half-assed scoring option with decent rebounding skills and no defense to speak of. He might look like a legend in comparison to Nocioni, but he is pretty fucking far from a keeper. I think he might be a quality 7th man or something along those lines, but LOL at your organization if he's actually starting for you.

I don't really give a fuck about what we're getting in return. I'm just glad that these guys are outta here.
Hayzoos wrote:Just as soon as Ben is really starting to assert himself as a stud, he gets sent to the bench. Fuck this...
Ben Gordon is arguably the gayest player that has ever sported a Bulls uniform. His decision-making skills, shot selection, handles, passing ability, and defense ain't even community college level.

This ain't even hyperbole. Anybody that watches the Bulls on a regular basis can see that the motherfucker is a human highlight reel, and not in a good way. We're talking about hours upon hours worth of bloopers, son.

You criticize defensive prospects like Joakim Noah, and at the same time, you praise severely-retarded individuals like Ben Gordon. The funny thing is that you'd fit right in on pretty much any Chicago Bulls message board. :lol:
Tweak Da Leak wrote:My nigga Poppabitch fucks with the swine?

Hayzoos

Post by Hayzoos »

Roy Johnson wrote:
Hayzoos wrote:Just as soon as Ben is really starting to assert himself as a stud, he gets sent to the bench. Fuck this...
Ben Gordon is arguably the gayest player that has ever sported a Bulls uniform. His decision-making skills, shot selection, handles, passing ability, and defense ain't even community college level.

This ain't even hyperbole. Anybody that watches the Bulls on a regular basis can see that the motherfucker is a human highlight reel, and not in a good way. We're talking about hours upon hours worth of bloopers, son.

You criticize defensive prospects like Joakim Noah, and at the same time, you praise severely-retarded individuals like Ben Gordon. The funny thing is that you'd fit right in on pretty much any Chicago Bulls message board. :lol:
I'm the first one one to admit Ben's glaringly obvious shortcomings. He has terrible handles (some of the worst in the league), an atrocious defender, and pretty damn bad at scoring off the dribble. Despite this, he's a dead-eye shooter; probably a top 10 pure shooter in the league. Once we secure a legitimate post threat, having a guy like him on the team to kick the ball out to for open J's would be ideal. In addition, he's proven throughout his career that he is a great scorer in the clutch - something we will need in the playoffs.

Joakim Noah is not a fucking "prospect" of any kind. You tried to the say the same shit about Jamario Moon and look where that ended up. Like I said in another thread, a few good games here and there doesn't mean a guy has "crazy potential". Every dog has it's day.
Ben Gordon is arguably the gayest player that has ever sported a Bulls uniform.
I beg to differ:

Money Gripp

Post by Money Gripp »

^^^ That's not Ben Gordon, you idiot.

Hayzoos

Post by Hayzoos »

Money Gripp wrote:^^^ That's not Ben Gordon, you idiot.
I'm making a case for Larry Hughes being the biggest faggot to ever don a Bulls uniform, you idiot. I fucking hate Larry Hughes.

an-also

Post by an-also »

Hayzoos wrote:
I'm making a case for Larry Hughes being the biggest faggot to ever don a Bulls uniform, you idiot.
Well your case would be a lot stronger if you didnt post a pic of Larry hughes with 2 chicks in bikinis.

Roy Johnson

Post by Roy Johnson »

Hayzoos wrote:I'm the first one one to admit Ben's glaringly obvious shortcomings. He has terrible handles (some of the worst in the league), an atrocious defender, and pretty damn bad at scoring off the dribble.
Hey, I'm glad that you can see this! I'm sure you also think he's atrocious at making decisions, selecting shots, and passing the ball.

Everything you said after those first two sentences means nothing to me.
Hayzoos wrote:Joakim Noah is not a fucking "prospect" of any kind. You tried to the say the same shit about Jamario Moon and look where that ended up. Like I said in another thread, a few good games here and there doesn't mean a guy has "crazy potential". Every dog has it's day.
Son, it's a tools thing. Noah is gonna be a defensive asset when he starts to peak. It's not that hard to see. He's already a dope man defender, and he's only gonna get better in terms of help D.

I don't know what bringing up Jamario Moon has to do with anything, but that's another guy that has the tools to get it done on the defensive end. You have to watch him away from the ball, though. This shit ain't no great mystery. It's all out there for you.
Tweak Da Leak wrote:My nigga Poppabitch fucks with the swine?

Money Gripp

Post by Money Gripp »

an-also wrote:
Hayzoos wrote:
I'm making a case for Larry Hughes being the biggest faggot to ever don a Bulls uniform, you idiot.
Well your case would be a lot stronger if you didnt post a pic of Larry hughes with 2 chicks in bikinis.
:lol:

CHECK OUT THIS FAGGOT LARRY HUGHES HANGING OUT WITH THESE CHICKS IN BIKINIS. DERRICK ROSE GOES OUT TO DINNER WITH VINNY DEL NEGRO LIKE A REAL MAN!

jamrage

Post by jamrage »

This was clearly a move that the Chicago Roses made so that the rest of the league would have a chance to beat them.
[i]Styles can be applied quickly to selected text.[/i]

Juice

Post by Juice »

Money Gripp wrote:
an-also wrote:
Hayzoos wrote:
:lol:

CHECK OUT THIS FAGGOT LARRY HUGHES HANGING OUT WITH THESE CHICKS IN BIKINIS. DERRICK ROSE GOES OUT TO DINNER WITH VINNY DEL NEGRO LIKE A REAL MAN!
:rofl:

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

Post by Gregg Popabitch1 »

1) if losing nocioni from your team is a big deal, your team has major fucking problems.

2) Ben Gordon is one of the most one dimensional basketball players in the fucking world. He's a jump shooter and that's pretty much it. I give him credit for coming through at the end of games once in awhile though.

3) Joakim Noah is a solid player. I still fail to see how people fail to see this. I seen him play 3 times this month alone and he's played solid. He rebounds, plays defense, has a motor, and has above average passing for a Center. Yes he's offensively limited when it comes to scoring, he tries too hard to make a spectacular pass sometimes, and he's a fucking dork. But to say he's this atrocious player is laughable to me. 7.8 ppg, 9.3 rpg, 2.5 apg, 0.8 spg, 1.3 bpg. Yeah, he's pretty terrible. Convinced Hayzoos watches games with beer goggles on.