If the NHL bans fighting will you watch anymore?

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

If the NHL bans fighting will you watch?

Yes
45%
No
31%
Who gives a fuck. Watch MMA!
24%

Total votes: 29

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

If the NHL bans fighting will you watch anymore?

Post by Philaflava »

Obviously this questions goes out to those who do watch hockey. And knowing there are a handful of you on :phila: that do, would you consider not watching it anymore if there was a ban?

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/hockey/l ... 982278.ece

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

They are really considering this?
The NHL is in enough trouble already, this would be the final nail in the coffin

MaskedTerror # 2

Post by MaskedTerror # 2 »

it's the word "anymore" that I'm stuck on.

Most real NHL fans I know (me not being one of them), don't care about the fights.

Masked Terror # 2- The Violent One

"The pleasure was yours"

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

fighting in hockey is meh, sometimes you'll see a good fight, I'll watch it whatever they decide, the ducks will get to play the dirty manhandling crushing d without people trying to step up
UBM CD COMING SOON

Prophecy
not Psychosis

Post by Prophecy »

I will still watch but i think it would be bad for the game.
"Dosent russian bitches let you shit on their face?" -AxEwOuNdFiStEr-
Masked Terror #1 wrote:We were cranking Slayer on the underwater speakers the whole trip. Sharks love Slayer.
Reggie wrote:Bottom line is that if you're not making rap music because you love it and/or you've got something unique to say, that is, if rap is just your "hustle", then you're a fucking asshole.

Random Sample

Post by Random Sample »

There is no way they will take it out of the game. That is like taking the bean ball out of baseball.

The pussyfication is starting.

This is why hockey shouldn't be allowed in Florida.

Prophecy
not Psychosis

Post by Prophecy »

Random Sample wrote:There is no way they will take it out of the game. That is like taking the bean ball out of baseball.

:rofl:
Masked Terror #1 wrote:We were cranking Slayer on the underwater speakers the whole trip. Sharks love Slayer.
Reggie wrote:Bottom line is that if you're not making rap music because you love it and/or you've got something unique to say, that is, if rap is just your "hustle", then you're a fucking asshole.

Kalel
Internet Celebrity

Post by Kalel »

I mean, I'd still watch but it wouldn't be the same game anymore.

an-also

Post by an-also »

I'll still watch. I'm indifferent to fighting in hockey. There are never fights in the playoffs, yet nhl usually has one of the best playoffs going.

artMajor

Post by artMajor »

dont really watch it since the whale left, but if i did watch and they took out fighting id still watch. they dont cut to the crowd when they fight on TV, they show the whole battle?

internetfront

Post by internetfront »

Yea still would. I only watch in person usually, and the game's exciting enough that i wouldn't miss fighting.

:icedit: that being said, i don't think the NHL should do it.

Smithee
ladies luv kool smithee

Post by Smithee »

artMajor wrote:. they dont cut to the crowd when they fight on TV, they show the whole battle?
they show the fights. its usually a bunch of rabbit punches and fists to helmets tho. even when the helmets go off it doesnt mean its gona be good. but there are some good ones every once in awhile, and i luv em. but ya i'd still watch w/o teh fights.

Random Sample

Post by Random Sample »

Prophecy wrote:
Random Sample wrote:There is no way they will take it out of the game. That is like taking the bean ball out of baseball.

I have a serious hatred of all hockey teams in warm weather climates. It shouldn't be allowed. I would rather see them in Canada.

Prophecy
not Psychosis

Post by Prophecy »

Random Sample wrote:
Prophecy wrote:

I have a serious hatred of all hockey teams in warm weather climates. It shouldn't be allowed. I would rather see them in Canada.

Not this bullshit again.

Raphael De La Ghetto

Post by Raphael De La Ghetto »

I'd still watch but it wouldn't be the same game.
Hockey has a storied history and has always had the element of fighting in it. To take it out now would be to bow down to europeans and make me attempt to assassinate Gary Bettman.
It won't ever go, though.

Money Gripp

Post by Money Gripp »

Random Sample wrote:
Prophecy wrote:

:cheers:

Psychosis
Habitual Line-stepper

Post by Psychosis »

Random Sample wrote:
Prophecy wrote:

I have a serious hatred of all hockey teams in warm weather climates. It shouldn't be allowed.
Why?
Cash Rulz ponders the subjectivity of art:
Cash Rulz wrote:Taste are funny.

Random Sample

Post by Random Sample »

Psychosis wrote:
Random Sample wrote:
Prophecy wrote:

I have a serious hatred of all hockey teams in warm weather climates. It shouldn't be allowed.
Why?
I just don't think they should be there. It is not natural to play sports that involve ice to be played in tropical climates.

bringinoutbangerz
The Homer

Post by bringinoutbangerz »

Sports are inherrently violent, and hockey is smart enough to allow a controlled release of it that benefits all parties involved. Every player holds a weapon in their hand, and they have knives on their feet; the threat of a beatdown keeps people from using those weapons. And hockey players play FOREVER, so it would seem that these fights actually help the well being of the players, imo. I think fighting is a pretty sweet aspect of the game, kind of like the wrecks in NASCAR, but it isn't the reason I am watching. While last nights' caps-predators game was filled with fights, it was the hits and the huge saves that made it an awesome game.

The big on-ice hits would still be there if fighting was banned, right? That was the first thing I noticed I enjoyed when I started watching hockey, the hits were legit and bad ass.

rstennett

Post by rstennett »

Random Sample wrote:
Prophecy wrote:

If it werent for the panthers i would be able to see my penguins play twice a year. Plus theirs so many canadians that retire and come here.. they get to see their teams beat up on the panthers. So they do serve a purpose.