If You Could Only Attend 1 Type of Sporting event

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

What Would You Attend

MLB
15%
NFL
7%
NBA
37%
NHL
15%
College Football
15%
College Basketball
No votes
Pofessional Soccer/football (Which League)
No votes
MMA
7%
Boxing
No votes
Other (explain)
4%

Total votes: 27

Prophecy
not Psychosis

If You Could Only Attend 1 Type of Sporting event

Post by Prophecy »

For the rest of your life what would it be?

Im sure most here know what my pick would be.

College Football:

Great atmosphere
Better Tailgating than the NFL
Drunk Slutty Coeds
Constantly New players and story lines
"Dosent russian bitches let you shit on their face?" -AxEwOuNdFiStEr-
Masked Terror #1 wrote:We were cranking Slayer on the underwater speakers the whole trip. Sharks love Slayer.
Reggie wrote:Bottom line is that if you're not making rap music because you love it and/or you've got something unique to say, that is, if rap is just your "hustle", then you're a fucking asshole.

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

College football, hands down. SEC (I would have said Big 10 before I moved down here, but there is nothing like SEC passion) football games are unlike anything else I have ever been to.

Prophecy
not Psychosis

Post by Prophecy »

blastmaster wrote:College football, hands down. SEC (I would have said Big 10 before I moved down here, but there is nothing like SEC passion) football games are unlike anything else I have ever been to.
SEC games are fantastic, I must make it to the Grove at Ole Miss before i die.
Masked Terror #1 wrote:We were cranking Slayer on the underwater speakers the whole trip. Sharks love Slayer.
Reggie wrote:Bottom line is that if you're not making rap music because you love it and/or you've got something unique to say, that is, if rap is just your "hustle", then you're a fucking asshole.

Money Gripp

Post by Money Gripp »

Gotta go with college football. Great atmosphere.

an-also

Post by an-also »

i've never been to a college football game :owens: :ohcanada:

Prophecy
not Psychosis

Post by Prophecy »

an-also wrote:i've never been to a college football game :owens: :ohcanada:
It would be well worth the trip. Go to a major SEC game and you would not be disappointed.

Money Gripp

Post by Money Gripp »

Prophecy wrote:
It would be well worth the trip. Go to a major SEC game and you would not be disappointed.
Big Ten would probably be more accessible for a Canadian.

Prophecy
not Psychosis

Post by Prophecy »

Money Gripp wrote:
Prophecy wrote:
True, Ohio State, Penn State, and Michigan are all top notch as far as atmosphere goes

Smithee
ladies luv kool smithee

Post by Smithee »

other: nascar

Prophecy
not Psychosis

Post by Prophecy »

Smithee wrote:other: nascar
Sleeper choice for white people. Pretty much a huge party and there are more hot women there than most would think.

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

Prophecy wrote:
Sleeper choice for white people. Pretty much a huge party and there are more hot women there than most would think.
The last race I went to at Lowe's (oh yes, I have been to more than one) was insanely fun and we didnt even go in. Tons of tits floating around and I got half a bj in a 100 degree tent.

jamrage

Post by jamrage »

Between MLB and NFL for me.

I like the NFL game better, but I enjoy the more relaxed vibe of a baseball game.

Tough to choose.
[i]Styles can be applied quickly to selected text.[/i]

an-also

Post by an-also »

Prophecy wrote:
Money Gripp wrote:
Prophecy wrote:
True, Ohio State, Penn State, and Michigan are all top notch as far as atmosphere goes
One of my good buddies is a Michigan fan. Maybe i'll plan a trip with him one time. Where exactly in Michigan do they play?

Prophecy
not Psychosis

Post by Prophecy »

an-also wrote:
Prophecy wrote:
Money Gripp wrote:
Prophecy wrote:
One of my good buddies is a Michigan fan. Maybe i'll plan a trip with him one time. Where exactly in Michigan do they play?
Ann Arbor

Last edited by Prophecy on Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

nba

here's why

there is no game that you can get closer to. give me courtside madison square garden (oops i mean conseco fieldhouse!) game 7 finals and i'm in heaven
Nets 2022

rooski

Post by rooski »

college football

Atmosphere is insane. My dad and I went to the Independence Bowl twice. Once to watch Indiana (greatest college ever) play Virginia Tech. We were sure Indiana would win because we'd never heard of VT.

:owens: :owens: :owens:

The other was LSU and Notre Dame. We left early because it was raining, cold and the crowd was getting drunk and mean.

Prophecy
not Psychosis

Post by Prophecy »

Lurkers need to post btw

an-also

Post by an-also »

Out of all the sports iv seen live Hockey is the best to watch live. I'm not talking about atmosphere in the arena. I'm talking about just the sport. Hockey does not come off well on tv. There is so much to see live

Prophecy
not Psychosis

Post by Prophecy »

an-also wrote:Out of all the sports iv seen live Hockey is the best to watch live. I'm not talking about atmosphere in the arena. I'm talking about just the sport. Hockey does not come off well on tv. There is so much to see live
I agree that hockey is about 1000000000x better in person

Prophecy
not Psychosis

Post by Prophecy »

blastmaster wrote:
Prophecy wrote:
The last race I went to at Lowe's (oh yes, I have been to more than one) was insanely fun and we didnt even go in. Tons of tits floating around and I got half a bj in a 100 degree tent.
A story that needs to be told

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

Post by Gregg Popabitch1 »

if this was the 80's to early 90s, boxing would've given college football a run for it's money.

jazzmatazz23

Post by jazzmatazz23 »

NBA. Basketball is my favorite sport.
You are really close to the action, and none of the players are wearing helmets, masks, helmets.

Raphael De La Ghetto

Post by Raphael De La Ghetto »

Hockey.
Especially intense games the crowd atmosphere doesn't even factor into my head because the game is too fucking good.

internetfront

Post by internetfront »

I'm with :reason: if the seats are court side - NBA. You can even fuck around during the tv timeouts/mid-quarter events. I sat court side for a thunder/bulls game last month and it was amazing even though it was a loss.

Got season tickets to the Blackhawks this year and that shit has been great. The seats are 5th row, but i don't think front row could compare to court side at an NBA game.

I'm something like this (even though favorite sports list is much different)
NBA
NHL
NFL
MLB

:icedit: the 1 loss u of illinois team from 4 years back was my final year of undergrad, being at some of those games were the most insane atmospheres i've ever been in. After some of those tourney wins the campus was nuts, people falling off light poles, most streets shut down to foot traffic, etc. I feel like college football fans stay crazier for longer periods of life, whereas college basketball fans are completely insane in college and only casually insane when attending games after.

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

an-also wrote:i've never been to a college football game
One of my biggest regrets is going to a college without a football team.

Anyways, I picked baseball (obviously).

HomeSkillet

Post by HomeSkillet »

Basketball beats out baseball for me because I am a much bigger NBA fan, tho college games are fun too.

I like the NFL just fine on a big screen TV. It is cold outside in the winter and I don't have to be out there.

uh zip zoom

Post by uh zip zoom »

Prophecy wrote:
an-also wrote:
Prophecy wrote:
Money Gripp wrote:
Prophecy wrote: It would be well worth the trip. Go to a major SEC game and you would not be disappointed.
Ann Arbor

this is where my heart is. also, construction on the stadium should be complete for this season and it's going to be beautiful.

of course my answer to the question is college football. NBA would be second, MLB third.

Psychosis
Habitual Line-stepper

Post by Psychosis »

Basketball is also my favorite sport. The problem when I've gone to see the Heat is that I nearly go deaf. I can't discuss the game with someone sitting next to me because as soon as there's a break in the action they start playing music at a standing-next-to-a-speaker-at-a-concert level. They also pump out these canned chants to get the crowd involved every 5 minutes like if we're trained seals, but that also happens at Marlins games. Speaking of which, Dolphin stadium sucks for watching baseball.

To answer the question: I'll just watch shit on TV.
Cash Rulz ponders the subjectivity of art:
Cash Rulz wrote:Taste are funny.

Mansfield Status

Post by Mansfield Status »

mma.. what is better than controlled violence?

MaskedTerror # 2

Post by MaskedTerror # 2 »

Live sports kill everything else, so I'd pretty much be happy with most of the football/hoop/baseball options. Hockey is so great live, that if I could go to every game, I might even follow the damn thing.

Been to more college hoop than anything. Used to hit the big east tourney for every game. I'm like TO right now thinking about how SJU is about to play in 4 hours and I am blocks away. I didn't know until this morning. You talkin about my quarterback...

College football is acquired if you grew up in the NY/NJ area. You aren't born with it. So I kind of envy the hysteria you ladies show for the game.

Voted NFL. Shocking.

Masked Terror # 2- The Violent One

"The pleasure was yours"