Official European Football 2009/2010 Thread

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

Comedy Quaddafi

Post by Comedy Quaddafi »

---^----Villa-----^
Cr7----Kaka----Ribery
----L Diarra-Gago

They should play with 2 defensive mids if they wanna play all 4 players. None of the OMs track back that much, nor should they to pose a real attacking threat. It would be interchangeable with 4-3-3 with the wingers playing as supporting strikers.
Whether to Jason of Philaflava or John Podesta, I will speak my fucking perspective openly
- MB

VideoKilledThe

Post by VideoKilledThe »

There is no way they get both, or should I say all four, but 3 is a real possibility.

RacquetballGangsta

Post by RacquetballGangsta »

fuck real
twitter.com/deweydimbabwe
www.stonesthrow.com/vex

nett ist der kleine bruder von scheiße

LL Cool Dude

Post by LL Cool Dude »

Something funny about Italy getting beat by Egypt with a goal scored by Homos...

LL Cool Dude

Post by LL Cool Dude »

From skysports.com...

Manchester United have confirmed striker Carlos Tevez will not be playing for the club next season following the conclusion of his two-year loan.

The Argentina international was a fans' favourite during his time at Old Trafford, however, he has rejected the chance to sign a long-term deal with The Red Devils.

United had agreed to pay the

Comedy Quaddafi

City sign Santa Cruz for 18m... now that's just ridiculous. Perhaps even moreso than Darren Bent going to Tottnumb for about the same price. Remind me again how the hell we let Titi go for 16? :lol:
Whether to Jason of Philaflava or John Podesta, I will speak my fucking perspective openly
- MB

mud

Post by mud »

United won't win the league next season.

I've a funny feeling Arsenal will win or at least challenge...seriously
"Catch me in the corner not speaking"

Req

Post by Req »

F.U. MOOLAH

LL Cool Dude

Post by LL Cool Dude »

mud wrote:United won't win the league next season.

I've a funny feeling Arsenal will win or at least challenge...seriously
Be good to get a strong Arsenal challenge.

As for who wins it depends on who comes and goes in the transfer market and how the new man at Chelsea does.

RacquetballGangsta

kaka is a clown, praying on his way onto the field..lol

and the italians sing their national anthem loud as fuck! especially materazzi.

as for the bpl, i dunno if this vermaelen guy is the answer for their defense, and even if he does the bizness, who plays next to him? maybe still need a sign another defender and STILL havent solved that def. midfield problem.i like song but still dont think he's ready to start full time for a premier league winner

also italy are really gay, and i mean this particular team..im not a traditional italy hater like the rest of the english speaking world...but this team really fuckin sucks...the thing is that italy has the players to play really nice football, but they arent being selected..why have players like rosina, cassano, floccari, d'agostino, miccoli, foggia, and others not given a chance instead of fags like pepe, gattuso, and toni? and i think cannavaro should no longer be your starter alongside chiellini...
www.stonesthrow.com/vex

coldwatermusic

Post by coldwatermusic »

RacquetballGangsta wrote:kaka is a clown, praying on his way onto the field..lol
This is pretty common though, isn't it?

RacquetballGangsta

coldwatermusic wrote:
RacquetballGangsta wrote:kaka is a clown, praying on his way onto the field..lol
This is pretty common though, isn't it?

eh, somewhat..but i dont think many of the top class players are as visibly evangelical as kaka....just catching sight of him doing it was a little startling to me
www.stonesthrow.com/vex

VideoKilledThe

Post by VideoKilledThe »

Gotta love the way the US players responded, definitely got lucky with the way Italy lost, but whatever we're in the second round. Charlie Davies was everywhere in the first half.

RacquetballGangsta

VideoKilledThe wrote:Gotta love the way the US players responded, definitely got lucky with the way Italy lost, but whatever we're in the second round. Charlie Davies was everywhere in the first half.
yeah but u know we're getting hammered by the spanish

dempsey was sooo fuckin lazy all game...donovan was just the opposite
i like the bradley-clark combo in central mid...

conor casey should never play for the national team again except against st kitts or some shit...dude is trash
www.stonesthrow.com/vex

VideoKilledThe

Post by VideoKilledThe »

Yeah, I don't see how on earth Conor Casey gets to don the US jersey. If all Coach Bob wanted was a huge target man to chase endlessly I'd much rather see Kenny Cooper out there. Not that either of them are acceptable international forwards.

As it stands Jozy and Charlie should get some more burn together.

Stuart Holden should get called up. He probably will in the Gold Cup.

VideoKilledThe

Post by VideoKilledThe »

ESPN to share La Ligaג€™s US TV rights with GOL

By RONALD BLUM, AP Sports Writer 20 minutes ago

NEW YORK (AP)ג€”Cristiano Ronaldo and Kaka will get a wider distribution platform in the United States next season.

ESPN said on Monday that it will start sharing U.S. television rights to Spainג€™s La Liga with GolTV, which has broadcast the league for the past six seasons.

ESPN2 will televise about 20 matches per season, and ESPN Deportes two or three per weekend of league play for a total of at least 95. At least 114 matches per season will be available online on ESPN360. ESPNג€™s networks will also share rights to Spainג€™s Copa del Rey.

It doesnג€™t hurt that Real Madrid has acquired Kaka, the 2007 FIFA player of the year, from AC Milan and is in the process of obtaining Cristiano Ronaldo, the 2008 FIFA player of the year, from Manchester United.

ג€œWeג€™re excited that, about getting a premier league in the world at probably at the most exciting time in its recent history,ג€ said Lino Garcia, ESPN Deportesג€™ general manager.

La Liga is dominated by Real Madrid and Barcelona, the current European Champions League winner. The teams have split the last five La Liga titles and 21 of the last 25.

The leagueג€™s most-watched games, the two El Classic matchups between Barcelona and Real Madrid, likely will be simulcast by GolTV and ESPN. Last season, Barcelonaג€™s 2-0 victory over Real Madrid on Dec. 13 was seen by 258,000 Hispanic television households in the U.S., and Barcaג€™s 6-2 rout on May 2 by 189,000, GolTV said.

ג€œThis was not driven by Ronaldo or Kaka,ג€ said Rodrigo Lombello, GolTVג€™s chief operating officer. ג€œThat was a nice addition, but it would have happened without the two.ג€

ESPN had held U.S. rights to the Champions League since 1994-95, but Fox Soccer Channel will take over next season under a three-year deal. Those matches are on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, while La Liga games are on weekends.

Barcelonaג€™s 2-0 victory over Manchester United in this yearג€™s Champions League final on May 27 was seen by 1,066,000 homes on ESPN.

ג€œWeג€™ve always looked at La Liga. One thing isnג€™t totally dependent on the other,ג€ Garcia said. ג€œIt was always in the planning to look at a property like this.ג€

GolTV also has had U.S. rights to the German Bundesliga since the 2006-07 season and last month extended them through 2011-12.

FSC has rights to Englandג€™s Premier League and Italyג€™s Serie A, sublicensing part of its Premier League rights to Setanta US.

RacquetballGangsta

^^^^ that's great news..it'll be good to see la liga again on a consistent basis.
www.stonesthrow.com/vex

Dan

Post by Dan »

So glad I no longer have Dish Network. Now I can watch GolTV again.

Comedy Quaddafi

La Liga games are a good watch. In e.g. Villareal - Atletico you'll se loads of both fighting and technique.

I would be hesitant to say Arsenal can compete with their current midfield. I can't call it before the end of August.

Ancelotti might do well at Chelsea. They'll be the most dull and frustrating team to watch next year. I predict an absurd amount of 1-0 wins.
- MB

RacquetballGangsta

FUCK
*hangs head in hands*
why did we just spend 17 million on glen johnson? he's a good player and all, but dude...we have arbeloa..no slouch..not one of our problem positions! what about a left back, a central midfielder to back up alonso and masch, a striker to play when torres' hamstrings arent cooperating?
fuck
www.stonesthrow.com/vex

LL Cool Dude

Post by LL Cool Dude »

^^^Rafa baffles the fuck outta me with some of his transfers

Comedy Quaddafi

Benitez is desperate to buy "homegrown" players to meet the proposed 5+6 rule. Actually they have the least players trained in England, last I checked.

Ridiculous price for a mediocre right-back, but then again hes English and Benitez is known to throw astronomical figures around haphazardly. The biggest tool manager in EPL, alongside whoever is managing Tottnumb at that given time. I wonder what kinda terrible misguided transfers they complete this year? Each year they [Spurz] buy a hyped player to sell him on for half the price next summer. This year its Gio, let's see who they bring in.
- MB

LL Cool Dude

Post by LL Cool Dude »

That Robbie Keane affair with Rafa last season was a joke...

RacquetballGangsta

if he had to be english, honestly i think we coulda got micah richards cheaper, and he can actually mature into a really good player...

is the 5+6 rule gonna be in effect this year?!

meaning, u have to have 5 english players on the field at all times or what?

if that were the case, we'd be completely fucked
www.stonesthrow.com/vex

Yohan

Post by Yohan »

RacquetballGangsta wrote:if he had to be english, honestly i think we coulda got micah richards cheaper, and he can actually mature into a really good player...

is the 5+6 rule gonna be in effect this year?!

meaning, u have to have 5 english players on the field at all times or what?

if that were the case, we'd be completely fucked
Nope. Not gonna happen. Like never.

They're having legal troubles with the EU, pretty hard to explain in any languague other than Dutch. Basically it has to do with citizens of the EU who should be able to work anywhere they damn well please.

6+5 would be the shit. Maybe a Dutch team would be able to compete again in an international tournament :cheers: . Sadly, wishful thinking.

Comedy Quaddafi

Don't be too sure it won't be implemented.

To clarify, nationality is irrelevant in regards to the rule. You need 6 "homegrown" players, "homegrown" means they have trained atleast 3 years as a teenager in e.g. England or Holland. Fabregas e.g. would qualify.

I'd rather see some restrictions like the ones in Serie A, that would stop teams from just buying from Brazils u21 teams. I belive each team can only buy one foreign (non-EU) player a year.

Imagine how much Prem League would suck if Englishness was a requirement, Glen Johnson wouldn't just go for 17, he would go for 37 mill.
- MB

Yohan

Post by Yohan »

As it is, it's hard enough to get into England as a non-EU player. You have to play in like 75% your countries team.

[quote=CQ]I belive each team can only buy one foreign (non-EU) player a year. [/quote]

According to FM, this statement is correct :gyeah:

The real problem currently resides in the smaller countries and EU players. Clubs just buy players at a young age, stall them at some Belgium club and pick them up 3 years later.

Anyway, Brittish football would be majorly fucked if the 6+5 rule came into play. Italy as well, but to a smaller extent. Also Dutch clubs would seriously need to adapt.

Comedy Quaddafi

Luis Jimenez signs for Hammers. Good news for you, Y@K.
- MB

Y@k Bollocks
Location: I was wearing Sergio Tacchini before the internet existed

Post by Y@k Bollocks »

Comedy Quaddafi wrote:Luis Jimenez signs for Hammers. Good news for you, Y@K.
Yeah - great news. If Ashton stays fit too then thats great news.

[spurs]Top four finish next season!!!![/spurs]

But yeah, hopefully they perform well and he'll want to stay.

Just renewed my membership. :cheers:

Also, I think Johnson is a good move for Liverpool. He's quality.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog ... en-johnson

VideoKilledThe

Post by VideoKilledThe »

I also like Glen Johnson, for all the talk about Liverpool needing that second striker or better wing play it was actually the backline that let us down last year. We scored enough goals, it was the terrible blunders that caught up to us.

USA vs Spain today, can only hope for the best.