NBA Lottery/Draft/Offseason thread

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

Marquis Daniels going to the Cs. Good pickup, hopefully he can be what Tony Allen was supposed to be. I would ask Reason what he thinks about him, but he has me on ignore.

Pistons get Wilcox, so that probably means big baby staying on the Cs..

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

wolves traded sebastian telafair, craig smith and mark madsen to the clips for q. richardson

lol

PG Flynn/Rubio/Brown
SG Q Rich/Ellington/Brewer
SF Gomes/Carney/Brewer
PF Love/Pecherov/Songalia
C Jefferson
Hey, by the way who's Curt?

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

keL wrote:wolves traded sebastian telafair, craig smith and mark madsen to the clips for q. richardson

lol

PG Flynn/Rubio/Brown
SF Gomes/Carney/Brewer
C Jefferson
great move by t-wolves, terrible move by clippers

also this:

On Friday here on FanHouse, Tim Povtak reported that the Celtics were hot on the trail for free-agent swingman Marquis Daniels to bolster their team as they reload in the OK Corral the Eastern Conference has become this summer.

Looks like the C's have their man.

Daniels' agent confirmed to Yahoo! Sports that the Celtics are in the final stages of working out a sign-and-trade for Daniels with his former club, the Pacers. If that fails, the biannual exception is in the Celtics' back pocket, with Daniels ready to accept.

Daniels, along with Rasheed Wallace, continues the Celtics' upgrades this offseason. Daniels brings scoring ability off the bench at multiple positions, which the Celtics have been struggling with. Most of their key reserves are isolated role players, fit for specific roles. Daniels, on the other hand, has the length and athleticism to play both shooting guard and small forward.

At 6-6, he's mid-sized for both positions, and able to hit the boards. He's got the stereotypical "high motor." Perhaps best of all, he's only 28. Not exactly a spring chicken, but on a roster that's filled with players whose stats you can find in the fossil record, the Celtics will take it.

So now the Celtics have landed one marquee free agent, boosted their bench, and could wind up re-signing their energetic big man Glen Davis this week. The window for the Celtics may be tight, but they've added a few more bars to keep it propped open this season.

mixed feelings here. marquis is one of the last "i did this deal by myself and larry bird didn't force my hand or influence me in any way at all" deals by donnie walsh. we traded austin croshere (whom we admittedly famously gave the trevor ariza treatment by giving him a 7 year 50 million dollar contract for a few good playoffs series only he wasn't as good as ariza and he's white) for marquis. pretty fantastic one for one deal. complete opposite of the typical larry bird trade which involves moving a younger more athletic (read: Black) player for an older, worse-defending (read: White) player.

marquis never got a fair shot. this guy had to submit to fruitcakes like shawne williams and kareem rush for godג€™s sakes. he should have been playing 30 minutes a game on this team of the past few years

i have never ever seen anyone ever describe marquis as having a 'stereotypical high motor'. if anything he has been miscast/not given opportunity enough in his career where he is somewhat lost out there. some plays he is in attack mode, other plays he worries about playmaking more and sacrifices what he's good at, and worse more he'll take plays off. heג€™s not the shane battier type, but on offense he can run shit for short bursts. i donג€™t know what kind of role heג€™ll have on the celts though. he can be a cog in an offense and defense, but he has clear limits. he did his best in a free-wheeling free-motion offense like don nelsonג€™s (mavericks team)

iג€™m going to miss having a certified murderer on our team. iג€™m going to miss the tattoo of florida. my only wish is that he could have taken out larry bird or put him in a coma before he left
Nets 2022

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

Post by Gregg Popabitch1 »

lol @ q-rich being traded for the 3rd time this summer.

that's gotta be some kind of record.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

Gregg Popabitch wrote:lol @ q-rich being traded for the 3rd time this summer.

Yeah, really sadג€¦ all shitty teams, too.

Knicks grizzlies clippers wolves

ouch

Big Breeze

Post by Big Breeze »

keL wrote:wolves traded sebastian telafair, craig smith and mark madsen to the clips for q. richardson

lol

PG Flynn/Rubio/Brown
SF Gomes/Carney/Brewer
C Jefferson
THAT LINEUP IS OUCH. LOVIN ALL THINGS MINNESOTA MUST SUCK. U GUYS WILL BE BACK IN THE LOTTERY NEXT YEAR AND THE YEAR AFTER THAT TOO.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

Big Breeze wrote: U GUYS WILL BE BACK IN THE LOTTERY NEXT YEAR AND THE YEAR AFTER THAT TOO.
no shit we'll be back in the lottery next year. That is the point, to rid the roster of the horrible players and accumulate assets. does that makes sense to you? Did you know the wolves have 3 first round picks next year? do you know how deep next years draft is?

the wolves have expiring contracts of cardnial, richardson, etan, songalia etc. do you understand numbers? Big money means no sign free agents, low cap mean can sign free agents. are you following? this is called rebuilding from the ground up.

Big Breeze

Post by Big Breeze »

FOLLOW THIS - NOBODY WANTS TO SIGN UP TO PLAY IN LIVE IN MINNESOTA. IT IS NOT AN ATTRACTIVE PLACE TO BE IN THE WINTER. IT'S NOT EVEN ATTRACTIVE IN THE SPRING OR SUMMER. U CAN HAVE ALL OF THOSE EXPIRIN CONTRACTS AND IT STILL WON'T MATTER.

GOOD LUCK ON HANDLIN ALL THAT LOSIN. U SHOULD BE ABLE TO HEAR CLEAR CONVOS FROM ONE SIDE OF THE TARGET CENTER TO THE OTHA.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

Big Breeze wrote:FOLLOW THIS - NOBODY WANTS TO SIGN UP TO PLAY IN LIVE IN MINNESOTA. IT IS NOT AN ATTRACTIVE PLACE TO BE IN THE WINTER. IT'S NOT EVEN ATTRACTIVE IN THE SPRING OR SUMMER. U CAN HAVE ALL OF THOSE EXPIRIN CONTRACTS AND IT STILL WON'T MATTER.
hahahaa textbook response. you must be a big espn news guy

we'll see what happens

if i was a player i'd jump at playing with rubio, jefferson, flynn, love

but the point is we'll have the money to sign a big name, & draft a top guy next year, cuz like you said: we'll be a lottery team.

its all about money, no?

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

the combination of Love/Jefferson at the 4 and 5 can be a great one, once Love starts hitting the 15-17 foot J consistently the high/low post game will be fantastic with Jefferson having the best low post footwork in the league and Love's tremendous passing ability. Although undersized they are both good rebounders so I don't see it hurting them except defensively cus Love hasn't learned NBA defense yet and Jefferson doesn't seem interested in playing it.
UBM CD COMING SOON

Big Breeze

Post by Big Breeze »

keL wrote:hahahaa textbook response. you must be a big espn news guy

we'll see what happens

but the point is we'll have the money to sign a big name, & draft a top guy next year, cuz like you said: we'll be a lottery team.

its all about money, no?
IF I WAS A PLAYER IN THE LEAGUE, I'D WANT TO PLAY NEXT TO CATS NAMED ROY, PAUL, ARTEST, WADE, AND MANY MORE. ONLY DUDE ON YO LIST ABOVE THAT IS OFFICIAL IS JEFFERSON. HOPE HE COMES BACK FROM HIS INJURY IN TOP FORM.

I'M SUPPOSED TO LIKE LOVE BECAUSE HE WENT TO UCLA, BUT I'M NOT SOLD ON HIM AS A PRO. HIS PASSING IS UNBELIEVEABLE, BUT I'M NOT BRAILLEN HIM AS STARTER IN THE LEAGUE GOIN AGAINST LEAGUE 4'S EVERY NIGHT OR EVEN 5'S. HE'S AT BEST A 7TH OR 8TH PLAYER ON A STRONG TEAM. WITH HIM IN THE STARTIN 5, IT DOESN'T TAKE A SQUAD TO THE NEXT LEVEL. HE'LL HANG IN THE LEAGUE 7-10 YEARS CUZ HE'S WHITE THOUGH.

FLYNN AND RUBIO? GIMME A BREAK LIKE NELL CARTER. WOLVES NEW GM SHOULD BE FIRED ON THE STRENGTH OF DRAFTIN 2 POINT GUARDS BACK-TO-BACK. MCHALE WOULDN'T HAVE DONE THAT STUPID SHIT. HE'S PROBABLY FEELIN HIMSELF BECAUSE HE'S NOT TO BLAME FO THAT SITUATION. MY PREDICTION WITH BOTH OF THESE PLAYERS IS THAT NEITHER WILL BE IN WOLVES UNI'S IN 4 YEARS. I DON'T SEE IT IN FLYNN, BUT I BELIEVE HE'LL BE A JOURNEYMAN POINT GUARD.

RUBIO IS THE GREAT UNKNOWN. I DON'T KNOW SHIT ABOUT HIM OTHA THAN THE SHIT I'VE SEEN ON TV. LETS SEEM HIM PERFORM THAT DOUCHE BAGGERY STUFF IN THE NBA THOUGH. HE COULD BE THE NEXT JASON "WHITE CHOCOLATE" WILLIAMS THOUGH - WITH MORE HEIGHT. MAYBE HE CAN INHERIT THE DEPARTIN TELFAIR'S JUMPSHOT. OH YEAH - WHAT JUMPSHOT.

P.S. - I CAN'T STAND ESPN NEWS. I'MA SPORTSCENTER GUY.

1 MO P.S. - ONLY MUFUCKA THAT WOULD PROBABLY DROP EVERYTHING TO SIGN WITH MINNESOTA WOULD BE CHRIS KAMAN. HE'S FROM MICHIGAN AND LIKES TO DO TYPICAL WHITE PEOPLE SHIT LIKE HUNT AND FISH. MINNESOTA IS PERFECT ON THAT ACCORD.

Psychosis
Habitual Line-stepper

Post by Psychosis »

Gregg Popabitch wrote:lol @ q-rich being traded for the 3rd time this summer.

I'm sure he'll be renting in Minny.

He's not even 30 yet either. He could be a decent off-the-bench 3-point threat for a contender, but he's too much of a chucker.
Cash Rulz ponders the subjectivity of art:
Cash Rulz wrote:Taste are funny.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

Big Breeze wrote:
keL wrote:hahahaa textbook response. you must be a big espn news guy

we'll see what happens

its all about money, no?
IF I WAS A PLAYER IN THE LEAGUE, I'D WANT TO PLAY NEXT TO CATS NAMED ROY, PAUL, ARTEST, WADE, AND MANY MORE. ONLY DUDE ON YO LIST ABOVE THAT IS OFFICIAL IS JEFFERSON. HOPE HE COMES BACK FROM HIS INJURY IN TOP FORM.

I'M SUPPOSED TO LIKE LOVE BECAUSE HE WENT TO UCLA, BUT I'M NOT SOLD ON HIM AS A PRO. HIS PASSING IS UNBELIEVEABLE, BUT I'M NOT BRAILLEN HIM AS STARTER IN THE LEAGUE GOIN AGAINST LEAGUE 4'S EVERY NIGHT OR EVEN 5'S. HE'S AT BEST A 7TH OR 8TH PLAYER ON A STRONG TEAM. WITH HIM IN THE STARTIN 5, IT DOESN'T TAKE A SQUAD TO THE NEXT LEVEL. HE'LL HANG IN THE LEAGUE 7-10 YEARS CUZ HE'S WHITE THOUGH.

FLYNN AND RUBIO? GIMME A BREAK LIKE NELL CARTER. WOLVES NEW GM SHOULD BE FIRED ON THE STRENGTH OF DRAFTIN 2 POINT GUARDS BACK-TO-BACK. MCHALE WOULDN'T HAVE DONE THAT STUPID SHIT. HE'S PROBABLY FEELIN HIMSELF BECAUSE HE'S NOT TO BLAME FO THAT SITUATION. MY PREDICTION WITH BOTH OF THESE PLAYERS IS THAT NEITHER WILL BE IN WOLVES UNI'S IN 4 YEARS. I DON'T SEE IT IN FLYNN, BUT I BELIEVE HE'LL BE A JOURNEYMAN POINT GUARD.

RUBIO IS THE GREAT UNKNOWN. I DON'T KNOW SHIT ABOUT HIM OTHA THAN THE SHIT I'VE SEEN ON TV. LETS SEEM HIM PERFORM THAT DOUCHE BAGGERY STUFF IN THE NBA THOUGH. HE COULD BE THE NEXT JASON "WHITE CHOCOLATE" WILLIAMS THOUGH - WITH MORE HEIGHT. MAYBE HE CAN INHERIT THE DEPARTIN TELFAIR'S JUMPSHOT. OH YEAH - WHAT JUMPSHOT.

P.S. - I CAN'T STAND ESPN NEWS. I'MA SPORTSCENTER GUY.

1 MO P.S. - ONLY MUFUCKA THAT WOULD PROBABLY DROP EVERYTHING TO SIGN WITH MINNESOTA WOULD BE CHRIS KAMAN. HE'S FROM MICHIGAN AND LIKES TO DO TYPICAL WHITE PEOPLE SHIT LIKE HUNT AND FISH. MINNESOTA IS PERFECT ON THAT ACCORD.
Don't take this personal. But you're an idiot.

bringinoutbangerz
The Homer

Post by bringinoutbangerz »

Flynn is the next Robert Pack.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

lee + turk > carter + barnes. lee is younger, faster and much more efficient/capable at ballhandling/passing/finishing than barnes and barnes' defense is overrated. barnes is a good spot-up 3 point shooter and fast break dunker while nobody is guarding him type. lee can finish in traffic and seriously has kerry kittles open court speed. carter at this point is worse than turk simply b/c turk is bigger, stronger and can finish over people with less effort. the number of fadeaways vince takes is exaggerated but magnified in comparison to turk who will drive to the hoop and get fouled as often or more often than he'll settle for a 20 or 25 footer.

orlando got a little worse on paper, but pietrus might step up in a way that cancels shit out. plus brandon bass was a real nice pick up.
Nets 2022

Big Breeze

Post by Big Breeze »

bringinoutbangerz wrote:Flynn is the next Robert Pack.
WE ALL KNOW HOW THAT TURNED OUT.

internetfront

Post by internetfront »

Big Breeze wrote:
bringinoutbangerz wrote:Flynn is the next Robert Pack.
WE ALL KNOW HOW THAT TURNED OUT.
Maybe it's because he's one of my favorite players of all time, but dude was really coming into his own in the mid 90's but never found it again after the strike (he was at like 9apg 4 boards 2 steals and 20 points for the bullets in like 96 i think). Youtube showed me that he :copy: 'ed a motherfucker while playing in Europe.

Bottom line, this isn't a bad comparison.

Oh also he shit on the dunk contest where Rider did the east-bay-funk-dunk to win it.

hustler

Post by hustler »

big breeze is terrible. that guy doesnt know shit adn he is a straight up faggot.
thekeentwo wrote:hustler we can totally have sex

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

bob pack rules

bringinoutbangerz
The Homer

Post by bringinoutbangerz »

keL wrote:bob pack rules
werd. Ex-bullets always get love, like Kevin Love's dad.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

can a spanish speaker please give me the cliff notes?

http://www.marca.com/2009/07/22/balonce ... 72911.html

thanks

Ricky Rubio told Timberwolves he'll come to Minnesota if buyout issue is resolved

Ricky Rubio, the Minnesota Timberwolves' top draft pick last month, told the team shortly after the draft in a private meeting in Minneapolis that he's prepared to play in Minnesota next season if he and his agent can change the buyout with his Spanish DKV Joventut team.

That buyout has reportedly increased recently from $6.6 million to $7.7 million.

The Wolves have no intention of trading Rubio, 18, who was the No. 5 overall pick in June's draft. One avenue for paying the buyout for Rubio is through commercial endorsements and a loan from a bank that would be paid back over several years from his NBA earnings. :copy:

Big Breeze

Post by Big Breeze »

^ IT SAYS THAT RUBIO COMIN OVA ISN'T GOIN TO TURN THE WOLVES INTO A PLAYOFF TEAM ANYTIME SOON. QUE BUENO Y JENGA TU MADRE.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

Big Breeze wrote:^ IT SAYS THAT RUBIO COMIN OVA ISN'T GOIN TO TURN THE WOLVES INTO A PLAYOFF TEAM ANYTIME SOON. QUE BUENO Y JENGA TU MADRE?
it's not about the wolves making the playoffs you slow witted fuck. its about getting the phenom out of an insane contract and getting his 18 year old ass in the NBA.

me, david khan, rubio and the entire wolves roster know they are not a playoff team, shit; even your ass has caught on to that fact.

thanks for playing

Big Breeze

Post by Big Breeze »

^ SO THAT HE CAN PLAY SOMEWHERE ELSE AFTER HE REALIZES THAT THERE IS NO CUTE SPANISH BROADS IN THE LAND OF 10,000 LAKES? NOT EVEN THE FUNNY TALKIN YODDLIN LOCALS CAN HELP A YOUNG 18-YEAR-OLD MALE OUT WITH THE BOOTY.

MINNESOTA IS GOIN TO DETERMINE IF RUBIO CAN PLAY IN THE NBA AND MOST LIKELY THEY WILL NOT REAP THE LONG TERM BENEFITS. HE'LL MOST LIKELY GET TRADED OR SIGN SOMEWHERE ELSE WITHIN THE NEXT 4 YEARS. WORD.

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

yeah san antonio is really hurting themselves wit the lack of tail in the area
UBM CD COMING SOON

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

Big Breeze wrote:^ SO THAT HE CAN PLAY SOMEWHERE ELSE AFTER HE REALIZES THAT THERE IS NO CUTE SPANISH BROADS IN THE LAND OF 10,000 LAKES? NOT EVEN THE FUNNY TALKIN YODDLIN LOCALS CAN HELP A YOUNG 18-YEAR-OLD MALE OUT WITH THE BOOTY.
:rofl: i am in awe at how dumb you are. you have no idea what you are talking about
Big Breeze wrote: MINNESOTA IS GOIN TO DETERMINE IF RUBIO CAN PLAY IN THE NBA AND MOST LIKELY THEY WILL NOT REAP THE LONG TERM BENEFITS. HE'LL MOST LIKELY GET TRADED OR SIGN SOMEWHERE ELSE WITHIN THE NEXT 4 YEARS. WORD.
:rofl:

so, by your logic if they do trade rubio in 4 years they will get nothing for him?

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

Tweak Da Leak wrote:the combination of Love/Jefferson at the 4 and 5 can be a great one, once Love starts hitting the 15-17 foot J consistently the high/low post game will be fantastic with Jefferson having the best low post footwork in the league and Love's tremendous passing ability. Although undersized they are both good rebounders so I don't see it hurting them except defensively cus Love hasn't learned NBA defense yet and Jefferson doesn't seem interested in playing it.
this was a brilliant post.

Big Breeze

Post by Big Breeze »

KEL, I'VE BEEN OWNIN U IN THIS WHOLE THREAD. BY TALKIN SHIT ABOUT YO LITTLE METROPOLIS (FUCKIN OXYMORON IF I EVA HEARD ONE), I'VE GAVE U MORE FAME THAN U AND THE TWIN CITIES DESERVE. U PROBABLY DRESS LIKE PRINCE AND HAVE A PERM LIKE MORRIS DAY.

DIG THIS THOUGH. THE LAST TIME MINNESOTA WAS WORTH SOMETHIN ON THE NATIONAL LANDSCAPE WAS '91. THAT'S WHEN Y'ALL WON THE WORLD SERIES OVA THE BRAVES. DON'T GIVE ME THAT VIKINGS '98 NFC CHAMPIONSHIP SHIT OR THE CURRENT VERSION OF THE TWINS THAT WIN THE AL CENTRAL EVERY ONCE IN A WHILE AND THEN MAKE THAT QUICK PLAYOFF EXIT. K.G. USED TO LEAD Y'ALL TO THE 1ST ROUND EVERY YEAR, ONLY TO BE SENT HOME EVERY TIME UNTIL MY NIGGA SPREE AND SAM I AM CAME IN TO RESCUE HIM. SINCE 3 YEARS 36 MIL WASN'T ENOUGH TO FEED SPREE'S FAM, HE HAD TO SKATE ON Y'ALL. SPREE AND MINNESOTA HAVEN'T BEEN THE SAME SINCE.

I'MA END THIS BY SAYIN THAT IN YO GRANDKIDS' GRANDKIDS' LIFETIME, NO MINNESOTA TEAM WILL WIN A DAMN THING ON A PRO LEVEL. BASKETBALL OR BASEBALL, U CAN FORGET IT. FOOTBALL... U MIGHT HAVE A CHANCE BECAUSE THE NFL IS ABOUT THE SALARY CAP AND PARITY, BUT U MUST STILL FACE THE FACT THAT U R A SMALL MARKET LIKE THE SMALL PACKAGE U PACK IN YO PANTS. OUT.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

Big Breeze wrote:KEL, I'VE BEEN OWNIN U IN THIS WHOLE THREAD. .
no you haven't
Big Breeze wrote: U PROBABLY DRESS LIKE PRINCE AND HAVE A PERM LIKE MORRIS DAY.
this is correct
Big Breeze wrote:
I'MA END THIS BY SAYIN THAT IN YO GRANDKIDS' GRANDKIDS' LIFETIME, NO MINNESOTA TEAM WILL WIN A DAMN THING ON A PRO LEVEL. BASKETBALL OR BASEBALL, U CAN FORGET IT. FOOTBALL... U MIGHT HAVE A CHANCE BECAUSE THE NFL IS ABOUT THE SALARY CAP AND PARITY
the funny thing about this statement is that you are too ignorant to realize the irony of the salary cap in sports and how it relates to a small market.
Big Breeze wrote:LIKE THE SMALL PACKAGE U PACK IN YO PANTS. OUT.
are you logging onto phila and talking about my dick? really? nicely played

internetfront

Post by internetfront »

keL wrote:
Big Breeze wrote:LIKE THE SMALL PACKAGE U PACK IN YO PANTS. OUT.
are you logging onto phila and talking about my dick? really? nicely played
Read this as deck and was furiously searching for a pot and kettle jpeg. :megaman: