NFL Conference Championship Thread

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

Joe Pesci

Post by Joe Pesci »

Last edited by Joe Pesci on Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Joe Pesci

Post by Joe Pesci »

Jayou Ayen

Post by Jayou Ayen »

^^ That shit was great, Pesci.

Take it up with Gloss, you White Piece of Shit.

Dunnnnleavy

Post by Dunnnnleavy »

why the hell doesn't al davis just go ahead and fire cable if he's been interviewing new coaches? he's admitting cable isn't the right guy but at the same time keeping him around just in case there's no better option, which ensures the fans another shitty season.
When people think of Providence, Rhode Island they typically think of organized crime

JustDuWitt

Post by JustDuWitt »

I can assure u that the Raiders will continue to have shitty seasons for as long as Jamarcus Russell is on the roster. He's the Kwame Brown of the NFL.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

Jayou Ayen wrote:^^ That shit was great, Pesci.
pesci brings the gif LOLZ

:bow: :bow: :hooray: :hooray:
Hey, by the way who's Curt?

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

keL wrote:
Jayou Ayen wrote:^^ That shit was great, Pesci.
pesci brings the gif LOLZ

:bow: :bow: :hooray: :hooray:
New York JetsRecord: 9-7Golden Tate*, WR, Notre Dame
The Jets must give Mark Sanchez some weapons in the passing game, and while Tate has question marks on his ability to separate, he is more physical than many think and has always been a playmaker. In the mold of Laveranues Coles.

really hope this happens
Nets 2022

an-also

Post by an-also »

Wondering if Kurt Warner is retiring soon? Well God will figure it out for him
Brenda Warner -- the most quotable wife in the NFL -- has said the decision is between "Kurt and God." What does that mean, exactly?

"It means I pray that God takes away the desire in me to play this game," he says. "I've loved it for so long. I need Him to take that away from me, so that I can be comfortable with this decision."
:wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :spidey:

Dunnnnleavy

Post by Dunnnnleavy »

i wonder if God told Kurt to come back this season, only to suffer a concussion, a vicious hit in the Saints playoff game, and exit the season with a blowout.
When people think of Providence, Rhode Island they typically think of organized crime

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

Dunnnnleavy wrote:i wonder if God told Kurt to come back this season, only to suffer a concussion, a vicious hit in the Saints playoff game, and exit the season with a blowout.

he works in mysterious ways we can't possibly understand

sean
buzzkill

Post by sean »

no lie, i read the shit you guys write every week,
and it helps me sound like i know what i'm talking about when i talk to my friends.

i just wanted to say thanks y'all.
been a fun season with you guys.

:cheers:

:arrow:

jamrage

Post by jamrage »

Joe Pesci wrote:Image

:rofl: :rofl:

Incredible.
[i]Styles can be applied quickly to selected text.[/i]

an-also

Post by an-also »

those are lulz

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

looks more and more like 2010 nfl season will be an uncapped year

lock out in 2011

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

okay

we got the packers/giants 2007 championship game on in 1/2 hour

then: 1998 missing rings

then they will replay the vikings/saints monday night football game from last year

new episode of full color football at 8

i wont get any work done today

LML

Stunna7516

Post by Stunna7516 »

keL wrote:looks more and more like 2010 nfl season will be an uncapped year

lock out in 2011
what exactly are the implications of having an uncapped year?

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

Stunna7516 wrote:

lock out in 2011
well, it's going to impact the offseason FA signings, specifically the bad teams.

it means teams will be able to spend as much as they want..or as little as they want. so if you are a bad team in a small market, you'll prolly lose RFA and not sign any talent to replace them

this will also impact the size of the contracts FAs get. if you nare a middle of the road guy, trying to test the market and get paid...you will get substancially less than you would in other years

conversly, if you are a brandon marshall/braylon edwards guys...you might get more than you expected..by a team close to making the leap (giants, packers etc)

it will be interesting

the billionaire in seattle might snatch up everyone and make a 1 year super bolw run ala the flordia marlins years ago

jamrage

Post by jamrage »

keL wrote:
Stunna7516 wrote:

lock out in 2011
well, it's going to impact the offseason FA signings, specifically the bad teams.

it means teams will be able to spend as much as they want..or as little as they want. so if you are a bad team in a small market, you'll prolly lose RFA and not sign any talent to replace them

this will also impact the size of the contracts FAs get. if you nare a middle of the road guy, trying to test the market and get paid...you will get substancially less than you would in other years

conversly, if you are a brandon marshall/braylon edwards guys...you might get more than you expected..by a team close to making the leap (giants, packers etc)

it will be interesting

the billionaire in seattle might snatch up everyone and make a 1 year super bolw run ala the flordia marlins years ago
It's not quite as open as it seems kel.

Guys that are in their fourth year (2006 draft class) and that would have been unrestricted free agents will be restricted free agents this offseason. This means that for the Texans Demeco Ryans and Owen Daniels will be restricted (other teams can make them offers, but the Texans can match). Unrestricted free agents will have to have been in the league for six years now. I also believe (not 100% sure) that if a team does sign a restricted free agent they have to give up a first rounder as well. Woohoo.

Also, teams that have made it this far in the playoffs can't go crazy in the offseason. I believe that the Saints, Cowboys, Vikings, Cardinals, Ravens, Colts, Jets, and Chargers will only be able to sign ONE $5+ million and up free agent this offseason. That is, UNLESS someone signs one of their unrestricted free agents away and then they can replace him.

Don't be looking for Jerry Jones to go buckwild this offseason, because he can't unless he loses some players.

My Texans have no restrictions at all this offseason. :gyeah:

Stunna7516

Post by Stunna7516 »

can teams really just go crazy with their payrolls though? what if they reach an agreement next year on a cap, those teams would be fucked then right?

or would this likely be a sign that we won't ever see a cap again in the NFL?

Joe Pesci

Post by Joe Pesci »

Wondering if anybody knows the name of the song that starts at 4:27 and goes through the end of the video

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/f_9OmONlP30&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/f_9OmONlP30&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

It's in all the old Yankees world series videos from the late 90s but i've never been able to figure out what it's called.

jamrage

Post by jamrage »

Stunna7516 wrote:can teams really just go crazy with their payrolls though? what if they reach an agreement next year on a cap, those teams would be fucked then right?

or would this likely be a sign that we won't ever see a cap again in the NFL?
I believe that the free agents will only be able to sign one year deals.

I doubt the owners will bend on a cap, and with the rules that will go into effect I'd be surprised if a lot of teams were able to really go hogwild. It's going to be a somewhat sparse free agent class.

I believe Jerry Jones is upset with the current revenue sharing agreement as well (surprise, surprise).

Most likely they'll play next season and hopefully avoid a lockout at the eleventh hour next season.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

:gossip:

Joe Pesci

Post by Joe Pesci »

I think today it finally hit me that I finally have a rooting interest in a conference championship game.

about 44 hours to kickoff :cheers:

drug

Post by drug »

prince did a vikings/saints "song"?

http://www.vikings.com/media-vault/vide ... 36975dd042

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

drug wrote:prince did a vikings/saints "song"?

http://www.vikings.com/media-vault/vide ... 36975dd042
i remember in 2004 purple guy used to be at the wolves games all the time. i had to hear the song a few times before i understood the concept. in the tradition of new orleans it is a funeral progression for what will happen sunday. you know something magical is happening when prince gets his pretty ass involved.

Nl5H

Post by Nl5H »

that jets and colts game....man....i see some drama going down for some reason. i think the colts win though, on some 1 point shit.

but the other game, should be an NO romp.

Mo Cheeks

Post by Mo Cheeks »

so I started drinking at noon today in hopes of preparing myself for sleep tonight, it didn't fucking work, I am a nervous wreck, I cant stop thinking about what is going to happen

it didn't help that I walked in the bar today with them replaying the 98 game

pennsylvania jones
6th Man HOF

Post by pennsylvania jones »

Saints 27 Vikings 20

Colts 17 Jets 14

Joe Pesci

Post by Joe Pesci »

Getting very anxious

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Joe Pesci wrote:Getting very anxious
U should be drinking heavily. Biggest game 4 the jets since Broadway Joe.