NFL Conference Championship Thread

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

ALASKA

Post by ALASKA »

Love love love the bret favre face

sean
buzzkill

Post by sean »

kel is wasted.

post pics kel.

blessingindisguise

Post by blessingindisguise »

My homie said Bourbon street is crazy right now. I can't wait to go down there to part for super bowl. Win or lose I'm glad Saints made it this far. WHO THAT!!

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

The heartbreak that Favre has brought to Vikings fans right now almost makes up for how I have felt about this situation for the last 2+ years. Almost.

eternalreflection
I'll Just STFU Now!

Post by eternalreflection »

it was Childress fault too, running the clock down when you have 2TO and are only at the 33 is beyond retarded possibly more retarded than Favre's decision to throw rather than run 4yds

still illiterate

Post by still illiterate »

on sept 6th, i put money on the saints to win the nfc at 10-1 and the colts to win the afc at 7-1. yesterday i also put money on the vikings to cover the 4 point spread. i made a good deal of money today.

before the season I also put money on the saints to win it all at 20-1, but i don't think they will.

an-also

Post by an-also »

keL wrote:hi

we had a great run

i have seen this game so many times, my expectations were fullfillled to the utmost proper containment

what is important is we all have to wake up 2morroa and keeep living this paythbetic existence

when i was young i learened we alll have a chance to be greatr, mayb e i never was the fastest, but i always won, i always scored

i unleashed many a bonial on kids who were nagainst me

the saints are the greatsest thing ever

i would do anything to be on the bettter half of the aftermath thAT is my epic heartache

jesus hates me

:sad:
If it makes you feel any better, both teams deserved to lose today with the way they played.

supnick

Post by supnick »

lets go new orleans then, fuck it

Joe Pesci

Post by Joe Pesci »

I'm grabbing a seat on the Saints bandwagon.

Peyton already got his ring, I like when teams that never win are successful.

Besides the Patriots dynasty :arrow:

eternalreflection
I'll Just STFU Now!

he needs a 2nd ring to help get people to stop pretending he isn't the best QB in the history of the game though

Joe Pesci

Post by Joe Pesci »

I never bought into the rings argument.

It's a team sport.

an-also

Post by an-also »

eternalreflection wrote:he needs a 2nd ring to help get people to stop pretending he isn't the best QB in the history of the game though
Where do you rate Marino

eternalreflection
I'll Just STFU Now!

definite top5, probably 2nd

an-also

Post by an-also »

Deon and Irvin are going at it on NFL network

an-also

Post by an-also »

eternalreflection wrote:he needs a 2nd ring to help get people to stop pretending he isn't the best QB in the history of the game though
He had a great year this year. This was probably his best year considering his supporting cast.

ThaJim2

Post by ThaJim2 »

This might be the greatest game I have seen since Superbowl XX. The story book ending where everyone knew would just end in Farve throwing the game costing int was worth more than a million little children's faces on Christmas morning.

ThaJim2

Post by ThaJim2 »

He might end up as the best QB of the Superbowl era but he will never be the greatest QB of all time. That honor belongs to Otto Graham alone and no one comes close no matter how you measure it.

Dunnnnleavy

Post by Dunnnnleavy »

an-also wrote:
He had a great year this year. This was probably his best year considering his supporting cast.
that's why if he wins this ring, without Marvin Harrison who is seen as his career #1, it's going to give him a huge chip to play in the #1 QB all time argument, HUGE.

30 years from now people are going to be like, "Wait, him and Harrison have the most hookups all-time ( :arrow: ) and he won his second SB WITHOUT Harrison?" even more amazing, jim caldwell is basically a corpse. i HATE the mannings, but damnit he deserves alot.

two more weeks to tell.

still illiterate

Post by still illiterate »

ThaJim2 wrote:
He might end up as the best QB of the Superbowl era but he will never be the greatest QB of all time. That honor belongs to Otto Graham alone and no one comes close no matter how you measure it.
the other side of that coin is that otto graham was playing against insurance salesman and roofers, who happened to play football 4 months out of the year. i'll take payton manning over otto graham 100 times out of 100.

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Otto Graham? For real?!!??

Roy Johnson

Post by Roy Johnson »

Positive A wrote:Otto Graham? For real?!!??
No one even comes close, no matter how you measure it.
Tweak Da Leak wrote:My nigga Poppabitch fucks with the swine?

Dunnnnleavy

Post by Dunnnnleavy »

Johnny U >>>>>>>>>>>> Otto Graham
When people think of Providence, Rhode Island they typically think of organized crime

ThaJim2

Post by ThaJim2 »

Dunnnnleavy wrote:Johnny U >>>>>>>>>>>> Otto Graham
Your out of your fucking mind. Only east coast bias would lead anyone to say such a thing.

ThaJim2

Post by ThaJim2 »

still illiterate wrote:
ThaJim2 wrote:
the other side of that coin is that otto graham was playing against insurance salesman and roofers, who happened to play football 4 months out of the year. i'll take payton manning over otto graham 100 times out of 100.
Yeah and he also had to deal with a league that allowed WR to be tackled at the line of scrimmage, blockers that where not allowed to extend there arms, players that where not as fast or as big and yet he dominated the competition like no one has come near.

ThaJim2

Post by ThaJim2 »

Positive A wrote:Otto Graham? For real?!!??
Who else? I ask this in all sincerity.

Highest winning percentage in Pro football and NFL history.
Most championship game appearances in pro football and NFL history which was every season he played in.
Most championship wins in pro football history and tied for 3rd in NFL history despite playing in the NFL for only 6 seasons.
Highest YPA in NFL history by a greater margin than that between 2nd and 14th place.
His QB rating was almost doubled or more of that of the league average 6 times in his 10 year career.
His career QB rating was only broken in the 80's by Joe Montana and still ranks 16th in the NFL higher than even Dan Marino despite it being much easier to post a high QB rating post 78.

His number pro rated to a 16 game season would still be above league average despite throwing significantly less passes a game.

point blank

Post by point blank »

In addition to having the best haircut, Tracy Porter also wins best celebration impersonation

Beastly Swagger

Post by Beastly Swagger »

hahaha !
RE-RUN
Favre always does that shit once touched so now begins the super gay "Favre Watch" till next season.

Everyone touts him as the fun loving,humble,country boy,,,but dude/douche is a diva.

Go Saints,,,,Brees is a worthy dude and that city deserves that shot of life.

Big Up DEuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuce !!!

an-also

Post by an-also »

Life as a shorty shouldn't be so rough...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VmKnhf2sRDs&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VmKnhf2sRDs&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

eternalreflection
I'll Just STFU Now!

ThaJim2 wrote:
I think this is like saying Rod Laver is greater than Roger Federer, or to a less extent Babe Ruth is greater than Barry Bonds

you can make the case but in the end you are picking a player that dominated weak fields vs someone that dominated the very best to play, its tough to compare eras

eternalreflection
I'll Just STFU Now!

it seems NO is being underrated in the betting lines, Indy -4.5 is a lot for a neutral field game vs a strong team

Indy had its sloppy moments vs the Jets if you let Sanchez and Brad Smith get 80 and 45yd completions what is a great QB like Brees going to do to you lol