The Official Super Bowl Thread

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

jamrage

Post by jamrage »

Julius Seizure wrote:so i missed the abortion commercial. when did it air? pre-game?
Go here to see it:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdo ... nfl,218119
[i]Styles can be applied quickly to selected text.[/i]

b0mbs_of_death

Post by b0mbs_of_death »

I don't know what was worse, the CBS announcers or Kel's and Reflection's faggoty assed posts. Statistically the Colts should have won, thank god they actually play the game.

SuperFeen

Post by SuperFeen »

fucking psyched Brees got a ring and mvp, fuck ya

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

jamrage wrote:
Julius Seizure wrote:so i missed the abortion commercial. when did it air? pre-game?
Go here to see it:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdo ... nfl,218119
Tebow 6:43

Gay commercial.

eternalreflection
I'll Just STFU Now!

Post by eternalreflection »

Can we stop all the Manning > Brady nonsense?
yeah nothing like overreacting after a game, this site is full of people with critical thinking skills of 5year olds

how is 31/45 333 1/1 a bad game? the INT play was bad, but the rest of the game he played very well

this year vs Baltimore in the playoffs
Brady 23/42 154 2/3 lost 33-14
Manning 30/44 246 2/1 won 20-3

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

apparently i shouldn't have teased the fucker to +12 no and under 62.5 :rofl:

good game. i feel good for the saints
Nets 2022

The Rapping Coffin

Post by The Rapping Coffin »

eternalreflection wrote:
yeah nothing like overreacting after a game, this site is full of people with critical thinking skills of 5year olds

how is 31/45 333 1/1 a bad game?

Are you autistic? I didn't say that he had a horrible game, but when the game matters the most Brady is guy you want int he game. FACT.

Manning had a much better season, obviously (especially when you factor in O-Line play, Moss playing half the season with a separated shoulder, and Brady coming off MCL/ACL surgery and playing with broken ribs, a busted finger and fucked up shoulder).

My post was in reference to their whole careers, in response to the media (especially the Boston media) going overboard this week talking about how Manning had passed Brady in the Greatest QB of All Time discussions.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

I just realized how happy i am the colts lost

NO MORE UNDEFEATED SEASON QUESTIONS WITH HOPE!?!
Nets 2022

ThaJim2

Post by ThaJim2 »

b0mbs_of_death wrote:I don't know what was worse, the CBS announcers or Kel's and Reflection's faggoty assed posts. Statistically the Colts should have won, thank god they actually play the game.
Well except for the fact that the saints went into this game statistically better in almost every stat that matters.

eternalreflection
I'll Just STFU Now!

Post by eternalreflection »

The Rapping Coffin wrote:
eternalreflection wrote:

Are you autistic? I didn't say that he had a horrible game, but when the game matters the most Brady is guy you want int he game. FACT.

Manning had a much better season, obviously (especially when you factor in O-Line play, Moss playing half the season with a separated shoulder, and Brady coming off MCL/ACL surgery and playing with broken ribs, a busted finger and fucked up shoulder).

My post was in reference to their whole careers, in response to the media (especially the Boston media) going overboard this week talking about how Manning had passed Brady in the Greatest QB of All Time discussions.

because Manning has 4MVPs(and should have more) and Brady has 1

the only thing Brady has on Manning is rings, its a team game though so rings arguments are very weak

Manning lead 7 4th quarter comebacks this year, all this choker stuff is grossly overblown
Last edited by eternalreflection on Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Spiccoli

Post by Spiccoli »

Hayzoos wrote:Didn't read any of the thread, just came in to say eternalreflection is a faggot.

that is all.

ric

Post by ric »

favorite commercial?

etrade came very respectable i thought

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5QS9rIZcjaw&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5QS9rIZcjaw&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

that doritos commercial with funeral was pretty funny

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_ddjN79TDgw&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_ddjN79TDgw&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

"free doritos and hell get out of work at least a week"
Well except for the fact that the saints went into this game statistically better in almost every stat that matters.
what stats are these?

ric

Post by ric »

oh yeah that volkswagon green police commercial was rawkus

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Wq58zS4_jvM&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Wq58zS4_jvM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

eternalreflection wrote:
eternalreflection wrote:

the only thing Brady has on Manning is rings, its a team game though so rings arguments are very weak

Manning lead 7 4th quarter comebacks this year, all this choker stuff is grossly overblown
eternalreflection wrote:Image

an-also

Post by an-also »

It was like Favre's brain took over Manning in the 4th quarter. WTF happened. Manning threw that pick 6 but he also had 2 other throws that should have been intercepted. Manning played a good game but he was pretty shaky late in that game. All in all, I'm not going to be too hard on him. He carried the colts team all year. He just faced a QB who was better than him in the game today. Kodos to Brees. That dude is a fucking surgeon. 32-39 :bow:

Happy for the Saints. :cheers:

ric

Post by ric »

i dont think it was choking at all. there were 3 ish minutes left in the game. thats a lifetime for the colts offense and peyton didnt seem rattled at all. that was a bad pass but it didnt look like he was forcing anything, it was just a bad pass and maybe a miscommunication to boot (but who knows what they were talking about when they got 2 seconds of camera time)

but then again maybe i dont know anything about sports. because you naturalborn have such a wealth of knowledge on the subject. enlighten us please. those of us who played sports for half our lives just dont understand and i guess we need your help.

ric

Post by ric »

brees played well. a few bad passes but no INTs. in the beginning of the game i thought it wouldve been a pierre thomas vs joseph addai brawl. colts had that REAL nice goal line series stop

djjeffresh

Post by djjeffresh »

google :copy:

an-also

Post by an-also »

naturalborn103 wrote: because Manning has 4MVPs(and should have more)
Seeing as how you discredited Favre and Rodgers this year in the MVP race because they played weak schedules, I'm wondering if you took the same approach for your loverboy Manning's past MVP seasons? Or are you being a hypocrite as usual and only using stuff like that just to make your points look more valid?

I'm sure Manning has never played a weak schedule in his career in his life...amrite??

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

I put $ on the 2nd to the last drive that Manning wouldn't throw an INT. I lost.

point blank

Post by point blank »

ric wrote:
what stats are these?
Turnover differential? Total offense?

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

ric wrote:
but then again maybe i dont know anything about sports. because you naturalborn have such a wealth of knowledge on the subject. enlighten us please. those of us who played sports for half our lives just dont understand and i guess we need your help.
:owens:
Nets 2022

Trub320

Post by Trub320 »

eternalreflection wrote:
eternalreflection wrote:

Peyton Manning has been a choke artist since his days at Tennessee. Those 7 comebacks dont mean shit if you cant make a comeback in the Super Bowl. Tom Brady isnt throwing a pick six to lose the game. Joe Montana isnt throwing a pick six to lose the game. Hell, Ben Roethlisberger isnt throwing a pick six. The guy has nice stats and Mvps and all that but he isnt close to being the best ever.

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

Reason wrote:apparently i shouldn't have teased the fucker to +12 no and under 62.5 :rofl:

good game. i feel good for the saints
After rewinding the game and not pressing live i continued to live bet.. It was not good.
Trub320 wrote:
eternalreflection wrote:
eternalreflection wrote:

Peyton Manning has been a choke artist since his days at Tennessee. Those 7 comebacks dont mean shit if you cant make a comeback in the Super Bowl. Tom Brady isnt throwing a pick six to lose the game. Joe Montana isnt throwing a pick six to lose the game. Hell, Ben Roethlisberger isnt throwing a pick six. The guy has nice stats and Mvps and all that but he isnt close to being the best ever.
:copy:
ric wrote:
what stats are these?
Yea, what are these stats? Did you include YAC, huh?? YAC!!!!!!!!!!!

Reason wrote:
ric wrote:
:owens:
:lol: It is funny how mannings fans just ignore stuff into's like this and act like it means the same as any other into in any other game.. SORRY YOUR FAVORITE PLAYER CHOKES ALL THE TIME.

Also, the only time he did actually lift the superbowl trophy over his head the defense won it for him and he had a horrible playoffs. Brady is 4/4 in potential game winning Superbowl drives.. Is that just luck that they all just happened to be in the superbowl?

an-also

Post by an-also »

ric wrote: but then again maybe i dont know anything about sports. because you naturalborn have such a wealth of knowledge on the subject. enlighten us please. those of us who played sports for half our lives just dont understand and i guess we need your help.
:owens: Dude, Deon Sanders used the 'choke' word last night to describe that Manning INT. But i guess he doesn't understand sports as well right?

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

an-also wrote:
ric wrote: but then again maybe i dont know anything about sports. because you naturalborn have such a wealth of knowledge on the subject. enlighten us please. those of us who played sports for half our lives just dont understand and i guess we need your help.
Dude, Deon Sanders used the 'choke' word last night to describe that Manning INT. He's played football all his life.
Manning fans don't realize that some games and some drives mean more then others.. They are all the same in their eyes.

*edit*

What do warren sapp and peyton manning have in common?

They both choked over Superbowl weekend.

an-also

Post by an-also »

I'm not going to call it a 'choke'. I'll just say he cost his team a chance to win the game with that INT. If people are going to rip apart Favre for his late game INT, I think its only fair that we rip Manning for his INT also. Essentially, it was the same situation and both qb's hurt their team with a costly INT. That interception shouldn't happen if you're the so called greatest of all time.

ThaJim2

Post by ThaJim2 »

ric wrote:
what stats are these?
Offensive Passer rating
Passing YPA
Defensive YPA
Defensive Passer rating
YPA differential
Pass Rating Differential
Scoreability (amount of yards it takes a team to score a point)
Margin of Victory
Forcing negative passing plays
Better 3rd down defense
Turnovers
Producing turnovers
TD/TO ratio

In some areas the teams are close some not as close but in all cases the Saints had the edge.

an-also

Post by an-also »

Anybody have teh YAC yards from last night. I cant find them

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

ThaJim2 wrote:
ric wrote:
what stats are these?
Offensive Passer rating
Passing YPA
Defensive YPA
Defensive Passer rating
YPA differential
Pass Rating Differential
Scoreability (amount of yards it takes a team to score a point)
Margin of Victory
Forcing negative passing plays
Better 3rd down defense
Turnovers
Producing turnovers
TD/TO ratio

In some areas the teams are close some not as close but in all cases the Saints had the edge.
If YAC is not included then those stats mean nothing.