College Basketball Thread 2009/2010

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

Hayzoos

Post by Hayzoos »

Iman did work today. Finally starting to show what he's capable of.
Spottin fools frontin fly

http://www.last.fm/user/fopomofo

Big Breeze

Post by Big Breeze »

Pac-10 is so weak this year. Not one of the teams is ranked in the top 25. Washington appears to be the best of the bunch, but that's not sayin much.

There were several Pac-10 games on yesterday, but I couldn't watch them because the quality of play is too low. I knew UCLA was going to get destroyed by USC and they did. USC beat Tennessee before the suspensions, who beat Kansas after the suspension.

ACC and Big East are playin good ball. small-10, Big 12 and SEC are right behind them in the mix also.

wheels

Post by wheels »

Kansas State is legit. If they keep this up they won't make me any money come bracket time because they'll be on everyone's radar.

The coaches are full of shit, Kentucky is #1

Hayzoos

Post by Hayzoos »

wheels wrote:Kansas State is legit. If they keep this up they won't make me any money come bracket time because they'll be on everyone's radar.

The coaches are full of shit, Kentucky is #1
Jacob Pullen is the real deal despite his rough night last night.
Spottin fools frontin fly

http://www.last.fm/user/fopomofo

wheels

Post by wheels »

UK looked terrible last night.

Kansas is really a #1 team? I guess if Aldrich finds his game they could be? I'm not sold.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

wheels wrote:Kentucky is #1
:fail:
Nets 2022

wheels

Post by wheels »

Reason wrote:
wheels wrote:Kentucky is #1
:fail:
:fail: indeed

Big Breeze

Post by Big Breeze »

Obama is at the Duke/Georgetown game. He hopped in the booth with Kellog and Lundquist and dropped some funny commentary.

Fuck Duke by the way. I hope they continue to get whupped up on.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

yup

ohio state - evan turner
battling tubby & my gophers

kevin harlen on the call

:rockout:

wheels

Post by wheels »

How'd that turn out for ya?

Kansas/Kansas State was a riot.

Had state +4 and was in the shitter until they inbounded and made that meaningless three pointer at the buzzer.

Nova still looks like the number 1.

Nl5H

Post by Nl5H »

man georgetown is scary...
whipped up on nova bad...

rivalry week this week!!!!!!

an-also

Post by an-also »

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_6iWwHcgasI&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_6iWwHcgasI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

glad i made these:

Date placed:
Jan 22, 2010 1:53a Single #165977988 (Placed by Web)
Basketball - Futures (Game) Moneyline
Odds to win the 2010 NCAA Men's Basketball Championship
All wagers have action.
(7015) Georgetown 25/1 Sat@12:00p
Competitor:(7000) Alabama
Risk US$ 100.00 to win US$ 2500.00
Date placed:
Jan 22, 2010 1:53a Single #165977987 (Placed by Web)
Basketball - Futures (Game) Moneyline
Odds to win the 2010 NCAA Men's Basketball Championship
All wagers have action.
(7010) Connecticut 28/1 Sat@12:00p
Competitor:(7000) Alabama
Risk US$ 100.00 to win US$ 2800.00
Nets 2022

Cowy

Post by Cowy »

VT doing big things this year. Should be fucking monstrous next year too, essentially their entire team are juniors. Malcolm Delaney is a strong contender for ACC POY, Dorenzo Hudson is almost a lock for most improved player of the year(does this award exist in college bball?).

Have a couple big recruits coming in next year, and they also have a playing sitting redshirt who transferred from Florida this year, Alan Chaney who is supposed to be somewhat beast.

aeokq

Post by aeokq »

Shot of the year for me, also the best moment so far. I was at the bar going fuckin crraaazzzyyy! Had motherfuckers cheering with me like UCLA just won. Basically puts MD in the tournament barring a major collapse.

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6tfbIn8GDl0&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6tfbIn8GDl0&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Georgetown and Maryland doin big thangs. Hoyas need to get their act together and stop playing lackadasically. They have Elite 8/Final 4 potential, just need to focus.

Nom Inf

Post by Nom Inf »

Fuck You all. Syracuse rules the world. All the way to page three and no 'Cuse talk?

:larry: :larry: :larry: :larry: :larry: :larry: :larry: :larry: :larry: :larry: :larry: :larry: :larry: :larry: :larry: :larry: :larry: :larry: :larry: :larry: :larry: :larry: :larry: :larry: :larry: :larry: :larry: :larry: :larry:

Nuke
I Hate Blacks & Jews

Post by Nuke »

Nom Inf wrote:Fuck You all. Syracuse rules the world. All the way to page three and no 'Cuse talk?

:larry: :larry: :larry: :larry: :larry: :larry: :larry: :larry: :larry: :larry: :larry: :larry: :larry: :larry: :larry: :larry: :larry: :larry: :larry: :larry: :larry: :larry: :larry: :larry: :larry: :larry: :larry: :larry: :larry:
I'm pretty sure I shouted out Cuse on page 1 but didn't get a response. Anyway... let's see if they can ride #1 into the tourney.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

evan turner looks more ready for the nba right now. but i think he might be peaking, whereas wall seems to have an unlimited ceiling

evan turner will be a brandon roy type pro
wall will be a dwayne wade type player

imho

:gyeah:
Hey, by the way who's Curt?

Nom Inf

Post by Nom Inf »

Nuke wrote:
Nom Inf wrote:Fuck You all. Syracuse rules the world. All the way to page three and no 'Cuse talk?

I'm pretty sure I shouted out Cuse on page 1 but didn't get a response. Anyway... let's see if they can ride #1 into the tourney.

:cheers:

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

really regret not picking syracuse in a futures bet

great piece by bilas in one of the recent espn mag issues regarding the 2-3 zone they run
Nets 2022

Shyste502

Post by Shyste502 »

happy valentines day

wheels

Post by wheels »

Syracuse is overrated, bros

Shyste502

Post by Shyste502 »

wheels wrote:Syracuse is overrated, bros
Kentucky is overrated. I look for a 2nd round exit vs a team like UTEP

also, if this story has any legs, hopefully it breaks in the next week

http://score.leoweekly.com/

Wall, Cousins Under The Microscope???
Posted: March 8, 2010 ג€“ 11:19 am
Revised 3/08 3:19 pm

There are now two sources, one a member of the national media, who indicate there is a race to reveal some NCAA transgressions by UK frosh stars, John Wall and DeMarcus Cousins.

I am told, though I have no personal knowledge nor evidence myself whatsoever, that the investigations concern cash money and, perhaps, real estate.

There are two nationally known media sources who are, according to sources, scurrying to obtain the last bit of evidence that will allow them to publish the story. One, Iג€™m advised, is the New York Times. The other, one of the major online sports sites.

As per usual, neither of my sources mentioned UK coach John Calipari by name. Only the players were named.

This is all I have at this time. Frankly, itג€™s not much. But, the facts are these. 1) John Calipari has a track record that would not rule out such a situation. 2) These two players, by their actions, indicated they would have played for Calipari at North Dakota A & M, if thatג€™s where he was coaching. 3) None of the Tobacco Road schools surprisingly gave a serious look at Wall, though he was a local kid.

It will be interesting to see if anything comes of this. Or, if itג€™s just idle gossip. Stay tuned.

Big Breeze

Post by Big Breeze »

Shyste502 wrote: 3) None of the Tobacco Road schools surprisingly gave a serious look at Wall, though he was a local kid.

It will be interesting to see if anything comes of this. Or, if itג€™s just idle gossip. Stay tuned.
Not true. Wall almost went to Duke. Coach Klkafkjdfdjjfsky almost got him. I figure that J Dub didn't want to play with all of those non-athletic yt's. Makes perfect sense.

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

JOHNNIES!

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

Butler :bow: :bow:
moved by duck muscles

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

nope, no buzzer-beater. fuck you hansboro
moved by duck muscles

Cowy

Post by Cowy »

VT has a sick recruiting class for 2011 including a PG who is top 5 all time in Philly in scoring(including Wilt chamberlain and 2392390 other sick players).

Rumors are St. Johns is going to try to poach Seth Greenberg from VT by nearly doubling his salary. He's the lowest paid coach in the ACC right now and his contract is expiring. If he leaves, the incoming class will scurry elsewhere for sure and VT is doomed to sucking forever.

Cowy

Post by Cowy »

VideoKilledThe

Post by VideoKilledThe »

Shyste502 wrote:
wheels wrote:Syracuse is overrated, bros
Kentucky is overrated. I look for a 2nd round exit vs a team like UTEP

also, if this story has any legs, hopefully it breaks in the next week

http://score.leoweekly.com/

Wall, Cousins Under The Microscope???
Posted: March 8, 2010 ג€“ 11:19 am
Revised 3/08 3:19 pm

There are now two sources, one a member of the national media, who indicate there is a race to reveal some NCAA transgressions by UK frosh stars, John Wall and DeMarcus Cousins.

I am told, though I have no personal knowledge nor evidence myself whatsoever, that the investigations concern cash money and, perhaps, real estate.

There are two nationally known media sources who are, according to sources, scurrying to obtain the last bit of evidence that will allow them to publish the story. One, Iג€™m advised, is the New York Times. The other, one of the major online sports sites.

As per usual, neither of my sources mentioned UK coach John Calipari by name. Only the players were named.

This is all I have at this time. Frankly, itג€™s not much. But, the facts are these. 1) John Calipari has a track record that would not rule out such a situation. 2) These two players, by their actions, indicated they would have played for Calipari at North Dakota A & M, if thatג€™s where he was coaching. 3) None of the Tobacco Road schools surprisingly gave a serious look at Wall, though he was a local kid.

Posting a sports Blog as a media source is NOT a good look homie.

Not that I disagree, they probably did cheat, but it's not like they are alone.

The upcoming draft class is fuckin sick. Wall, Cousins, Favors, Turner, all look like stars, and a bunch of other guys look like quality bench/role guys.