Official NFL Offseason Thread

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

this is a call:

tebow is off the board by end of round 2
Hey, by the way who's Curt?

VideoKilledThe

Post by VideoKilledThe »

Can someone with insider post up the combine numbers by position....

- edit nevermind they are posted on NFL.com
Last edited by VideoKilledThe on Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ThaJim2

Post by ThaJim2 »

No one has mentioned that Tebow ran a 6.66 in the cones?

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

ThaJim2 wrote:No one has mentioned that Tebow ran a 6.66 in the cones?
i am in full blown bromance

an-also

Post by an-also »

:lol: Dont worry. Jesus still loves him

VideoKilledThe

Post by VideoKilledThe »

Taylor Mays ran a 4.24 40, and then a 4.34 his second go. Joe Haden ran a 4.57 his first time, and 4.6 his second.

Dexter McCluster hit the 225 lb bench press 20 times. He weighed in at 172.

Jimmy Clausen has baby hands.

the dead poet

Post by the dead poet »

VideoKilledThe wrote:Taylor Mays ran a 4.24 40, and then a 4.34 his second go. Joe Haden ran a 4.57 his first time, and 4.6 his second.

Mays needs to be a RAIDER!!!!

I want mays soooooo fucking bad...(si joto).

His stock dropped this year, but i still think he's going to be awesome in the nfl.

Best play i seen him make this year was nuts. With an injured ankle, SC brought him in as an outside linebacker. The Irish had the ball was a 4th and 3. Threw the ball to a wide open receiver in the flat about a yard behind the line of scrimmage. Mays was about 3 yards away from him. Reciver ran towards the sideline angling for the first down. Mays ran dudes ass down and shoved him out of bounds a yard behind the first down. Was one of the best plays i've seen him make.

anyways, i'm totally gay for mays. and a raider fan. This would be the first time i'd side with Al wanting speed. Mays needs to work on coverage obviously, but he's a freak of nature and pretty smart. I pray he's a raider.
http://www.soundcloud.com/rafael-jesus-martinez" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

VideoKilledThe

Post by VideoKilledThe »

now they are saying Mays ran a 4.43, motherfuckers have no idea what they are doing.

eternalreflection
I'll Just STFU Now!

Post by eternalreflection »

:lol:
this is a call:

tebow is off the board by end of round 2
of course and it'll be the worst pick of the draft

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

I know nothing about cones.. Is 6.66 good or horrible?
the dead poet wrote:
VideoKilledThe wrote:Taylor Mays ran a 4.24 40, and then a 4.34 his second go. Joe Haden ran a 4.57 his first time, and 4.6 his second.

Mays needs to be a RAIDER!!!!

His stock dropped this year, but i still think he's going to be awesome in the nfl.

Best play i seen him make this year was nuts. With an injured ankle, SC brought him in as an outside linebacker. The Irish had the ball was a 4th and 3. Threw the ball to a wide open receiver in the flat about a yard behind the line of scrimmage. Mays was about 3 yards away from him. Reciver ran towards the sideline angling for the first down. Mays ran dudes ass down and shoved him out of bounds a yard behind the first down. Was one of the best plays i've seen him make.

anyways, i'm totally gay for mays. and a raider fan. This would be the first time i'd side with Al wanting speed. Mays needs to work on coverage obviously, but he's a freak of nature and pretty smart. I pray he's a raider.
You already know Davis just sorts who he wants to pick by there 40 time, so very good chance you will get him.

bringinoutbangerz
The Homer

Post by bringinoutbangerz »

IM GETTIN MONEY NIGGA

ThaJim2

Post by ThaJim2 »

VideoKilledThe wrote:now they are saying Mays ran a 4.43, motherfuckers have no idea what they are doing.
The NFL can fine players for celebrations, can fine players consuming products that the NFL does not like, can fine players for wearing the wrong color socks, tell players where they are allowed to play and when they can become free agents but apparently they are powerless to put a fucking electronic timing system in the damn combine because stop watches are just so much more reliable.

an-also

Post by an-also »

naturalborn103 wrote:
I know nothing about cones.. Is 6.66 good or horrible?
:spidey:

an-also

Post by an-also »

From Peter King:

On Friday night, the Saints' staff at the combine gathered in a private room at St. Elmo Steakhouse, an 108-year-old Indy landmark, for a final celebratory nod to the Super Bowl win over the Colts. This is a group that likes its wine, and likes to have fun.

At the restaurant, word passed that Dallas owner Jerry Jones would have his Dallas group in this exact room Saturday night for a team dinner. Jones had even phoned ahead, according to a waiter, to make sure a magnum of a wine he loved, Caymus Special Selection cabernet sauvignon, was ready to be served at dinner.

Sean Payton told the waiter he'd like to have that wine, too. The waiter told him: Sorry, sir. We have only one bottle left, and it's reserved for Mr. Jones.

Payton said he'd like to have the bottle nonetheless. I assume there was much angst on the part of the wait staff at that point. My God! Who do we piss off? One of the most powerful owners in the NFL, or the coach who's the toast of the NFL, the coach who just won the Super Bowl?

Here came the bottle of Caymus Special Selection, and the Saints' party drained it.

But drinking Jones' wine wasn't enough. Payton gave the waiter some instructions, took out his pen ... and, well, the Cowboys party found at the middle of their table the next evening an empty magnum of Caymus Special Selection cabernet sauvignon, with these words hand-written on the fancy label:

WHO DAT!
World Champions XLIV
Sean Payton

ThaJim2

Post by ThaJim2 »

Oh here is why the 40 times are complete shit. Jacoby Ford ran a 4.28 40 and yet his 60 yard done indoors with a 4 point start was 6.52. Or in other words in a track setting with competition to push him and a faster starting method his 20 yards of top speed was at least 5 percent slower than his time accelerating in the combine according to the NFL.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

VideoKilledThe

Post by VideoKilledThe »

/\/\/\ Yeah? Seriously?

Espn put a break down of the chances for EVERY drafting Tebow, rating the chances low medium or high.

Of all the articles that could have come out of the combine we get this... :thebest:

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

Source: Broncos tender Marshall

By Adam Schefter
ESPN
Archive

The Denver Broncos have tendered wide receiver Brandon Marshall with a first-round tender, a source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

AFC West blog

Williamson ESPN.com's Bill Williamson writes about all things AFC West in his division blog.

That means if another team makes Marshall a contract offer during the free-agency period beginning Friday and the Broncos fail to match it, the Broncos will receive a first-round draft pick as compensation.

The Broncos also slapped first-round tenders on starting quarterback Kyle Orton and right guard Chris Kuper.

They also gave a second-round tender to tight end Tony Scheffler.

Adam Schefter is an ESPN NFL Insider.

ThaJim2

Post by ThaJim2 »

Why do the Broncos want Marshall killed?

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

Man, I really hope the Bears sink a ton of money into Peppers...

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

Chargers do anything possible to get Jahvid Best
UBM CD COMING SOON

Icesickle
Suburban Outfitter

Post by Icesickle »

Tweak Da Leak wrote:Chargers do anything possible to get Jahvid Best
Skins should trade down and get an OL at 10-15 and try and get either Best with their other pick. After that get nothing but OL.

If there's anyway to get Best, Mays, and a premier OL I say go for it, but I don't think that's feasible.

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

the dead poet wrote:Mays needs to be a RAIDER!!!!

I remember thinking 2 years ago there's no way Al Davis doesn't draft this guy...supposedly there looking at offensive tackles but i would be surprised mays doesnt end up as a raider

HomeSkillet

Post by HomeSkillet »

I hope the skins get Carlos Dansby and it sounds like they are very much liking jimmy clausen, and trading Jason Campbell on draft day

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

23. Green Bay Packers: OT Anthony Davis(notes), Rutgers -- Davis has technique, effort and weight issues to contend with, but the Packers have needs along their line, especially in outside pass protection. As the best tackle left on the board, Davis will get the chance to redeem himself in an offense that won't be specifically vulnerable to his relative inability to use power in a functional blocking sense.

:rofl:

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

keL wrote:
23. Green Bay Packers: OT Anthony Davis(notes), Rutgers -- Davis has technique, effort and weight issues to contend with, but the Packers have needs along their line, especially in outside pass protection. As the best tackle left on the board, Davis will get the chance to redeem himself in an offense that won't be specifically vulnerable to his relative inability to use power in a functional blocking sense.

:rofl:
I heard that Ted doesn't like this kid at all. Either trade up and get a better tackle or take a CB or RB. Or just trade for a couple of 2nd and 3rds.

As long as Gerhart ends up in Green Bay I'll be happy with this draft.

Mo Cheeks

Post by Mo Cheeks »

you are Tebows # 1 fan, 99% of your threads in this forum are about him

Mo Cheeks

Post by Mo Cheeks »

I enjoy the combine as much as the next guy, but some of you guys really overrate dumb shit such as 40 times and verticles

I enjoyed the article the other day on PFT.com where they pretty muched sonned someone for shit talking Joe Haden's 40

The best player in NFL history did not have a good 40, who gives a fuck

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

the wonderlic is all i really care about
Hey, by the way who's Curt?

VideoKilledThe

Post by VideoKilledThe »

I care about the 40 times, and the bench press, but it's by no means the be all and end all. Game tape > Combine results. It's all popcorn in the pan, some of them pop, some of've don't.

There are so many variables that go into a player succeeding, it's foolish to get so excited every year, but that's what makes the NFL, and sports in general, great, the chance that this year could be the year your team drafts that guy who changes everything.

I was so excited we got Crabtree last year, and look what happened with that. This could be his year though...