Official European Football 2009/2010 Thread

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

Guun

Post by Guun »

Req wrote:krauts steal another one as usual thanks to the shitbag ref, was never a sending off
:owens:

should have scored more in munich. bayern dominated possession in the first game.. they're deserving of moving on.

Req

Post by Req »

Guun wrote:
Req wrote:krauts steal another one as usual thanks to the shitbag ref, was never a sending off

should have scored more in munich. bayern dominated possession in the first game.. they're deserving of moving on.
fuck off, United ripped them to shreds tonight and barely gave Bayern a look-in before the sending off.

the better team did not progress
F.U. MOOLAH

Guun

Post by Guun »

Req wrote:
Guun wrote:

fuck off, United ripped them to shreds tonight and barely gave Bayern a look-in before the sending off.

like i said.. should have scored more in munich.. they knew what they had to do and didn't do it.. bayern had the ball almost 2/3 of the time.. the better team did advance (especially with rooney out). if anything, blame the aggregate system.

Req

Post by Req »

Guun wrote: like i said.. should have scored more in munich.. they knew what they had to do and didn't do it.. bayern had the ball almost 2/3 of the time.. the better team did advance (especially with rooney out). if anything, blame the aggregate system.
Did you watch the game? There is absolutely no way anyone can say with a straight face that Bayern Munich are a better team than Manchester United after that. Of course Bayern dominated possession in Munich, United scored after a few minutes which immediately put them on the back foot. The only flaw in United's game that night was losing focus at the end and letting Olic score that weak ass goal.
F.U. MOOLAH

VideoKilledThe

Post by VideoKilledThe »

The Olic goal in Munich is what came back to bite United.

From a neutral some incredible goals were scored, both Nani goals were :ohsh:, and what can you say about Robben's, just absolutely flawlessly technique on the volley.

I wouldn't go as far to say Munich are a better side than United, but the overall quality and depth of Man United took a step back after losing Ronaldo and Tevez, aka don't think last year's team loses to Munich.

jamrage

Post by jamrage »

Req wrote:
Guun wrote:

Agreed.

Of course you're going to dominate possession when the other team goes down a man with just under a half to play.

I thought it was a weak send off as well.

Man U was clearly the better team imo, but I'm not mad at getting to watch Ribery play again.
[i]Styles can be applied quickly to selected text.[/i]

Guun

Post by Guun »

better team for parts, i agree.. but you gotta blame man u for gettin lackadaisical towards the end of every half.. you're up 1-0 @ bayern and 3-0 @ old trafford.. you would think they should hold onto that, blaming the entire round on the send-off is short-sighted.

either way, barca would probably outplay either team in the finals.

Comedy Quaddafi

Post by Comedy Quaddafi »

I think we can agree that the winner of Inter/Barca will be the champs this year.

No English team in the final four. Last year it was Barcelona and the Big 3 of England.
Whether to Jason of Philaflava or John Podesta, I will speak my fucking perspective openly
- MB

Guun

Post by Guun »

Comedy Quaddafi wrote:I think we can agree that the winner of Inter/Barca will be the champs this year.

coldwatermusic

Post by coldwatermusic »

Guun wrote:
Comedy Quaddafi wrote:I think we can agree that the winner of Inter/Barca will be the champs this year.
Not necessarily. If Barca wins, they will win the whole thing. I do like both Lyon and Bayern's chances against Inter though.

And I gotta admit I was completely wrong about Robben. Always seemed like a frail, overhyped pussy to me but with Ribery plagued by injuries, he's been carrying Bayern all season long. He's Top 5 material right now.

Comedy Quaddafi

I think Sneijder is the better Dutch midfielder.
Whether to Jason of Philaflava or John Podesta, I will speak my fucking perspective openly
- MB

RacquetballGangsta

Post by RacquetballGangsta »

yoooo so finally lucas did something good...i cant believe it...europa league, bitches...watch us get to the final and lose to...fulham

i told niggas that lyon were gonna be dangerous at the beginning of the campaign...if i were less lazy id go back and see exactly what i said in this thread in like september...they can def. beat inter...
twitter.com/deweydimbabwe
www.stonesthrow.com/vex

nett ist der kleine bruder von scheiße

Y@k Bollocks
Location: I was wearing Sergio Tacchini before the internet existed

Post by Y@k Bollocks »

^ I really hope Fulham take it.

VideoKilledThe

Post by VideoKilledThe »

Hearing lots of rumors surrounding a Vidic + cash for Benzema swap.

Torres returns to Athletico. I know in comparison to Champions League Europa is the minor leagues, but man I really want to win it, just to have won something this year.

mud

Post by mud »

VideoKilledThe wrote:Hearing lots of rumors surrounding a Vidic + cash for Benzema swap.
More like Benzema + Cash for Vidic, United would be idiots otherwise.
"Catch me in the corner not speaking"

Comedy Quaddafi

^True, but Benzina is the hotter commodity. Would he rot on the bench with the rest of the
- MB

Stoned Starks

Post by Stoned Starks »

Here we go. Another Classico. Ibra, Kaka, Abidal definitely out. A couple curious choices for each team: Dani Alves starting at RF, Gago starting over Lass. Iniesta starts on the bench though is likely to make an appearance as super-sub.

Stoned Starks

Post by Stoned Starks »

:ohsh: :ohsh: :ohsh:

After Messi got a yellowcard for handballing around the twenty minute mark, Xavi took a freekick about 35 yards out that appeared to hit the arm of Xabi Alonso (i think) which went uncalled. About 4 seconds later a foul was called on a Madrid player and the Barecelona players ran to the ref to protest the hypocrisy, which got Xavi a yellow card. About a minute later Xavi lofted a perfect chip into Messi who beat his mark and then slipped the ball by Iker.

Awesome turn of events.

Stoned Starks

Post by Stoned Starks »

Pedro nets another with a great first touch to set up a run off of a brilliant ball from Xavi who is the man of the match so far. 2 assists and a number of other beautiful balls that could have resulted in goals.

Stoned Starks

Post by Stoned Starks »

:copy:

Req

Post by Req »

stop postin by urself faggit, only i get to do that

good shit, lol@spendin all that money only for ur biggest rival to come in and mollywhop you... then prolly win the champions league that u crashed out of on ur own turf.... FUCK MADRID
F.U. MOOLAH

Stoned Starks

Post by Stoned Starks »

Req wrote:stop postin by urself faggit, only i get to do that

good shit, lol@spendin all that money only for ur biggest rival to come in and mollywhop you... then prolly win the champions league that u crashed out of on ur own turf.... FUCK MADRID
:megaman:

VideoKilledThe

Post by VideoKilledThe »

:lol: at Madrid fans leaving the Classico early. Messi could have easily had the hat trick, Iker stoned him on a couple of 1 v 1 situations. Valdez, who is shaky at times, came up big when Barca needed him.

Req

Post by Req »

High quality stream from a dedicated Flash Sports server =
F.U. MOOLAH

Comedy Quaddafi

:lol:

The biggest North London derby in years is coming up, especially if Chelsea fail to beat Bolton (yea rite)
- MB

stupidregister

Post by stupidregister »

God Liverpool are boring. Can they sell Torres to a real club please?

And has Berbatov ever had a good game since signing?
Quality stitched MLB, NBA, NFL, and soccer jerseys: https://www.etsy.com/shop/FanJerseyz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Comedy Quaddafi

City really going all in for fourth. RIP 'Big 4.'

So happy that Pmouth dragged Spuds into overtime and even nicked the win. Palacios to miss the next two games against Arsenal but also Chelsea.

Persie looks to return this week. Nice.
- MB

Req

Post by Req »

Comedy Quaddafi wrote:City really going all in for fourth. RIP 'Big 4.'
troo, now its just big 3 lolzzzzzzz
F.U. MOOLAH

Comedy Quaddafi

fuck off :lol:
- MB

Comedy Quaddafi

how is this not red? look at how Howard Webb is positioned. you gotta be kidding me.
- MB