2010 Official Boxing Thread

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

The Aluminum Falcon

Post by The Aluminum Falcon »

yeah i got a stream for it but I got the toprank fights on fsn right now.

Two more 140, three actually. Mike Alavardo, Mikey Garcia and Ray Nahr all scored early (1st and 2nd round)KOs. 140 is growing more and more ridiculous.

Req

Post by Req »

embarrassment, Hopkins still a piece of shit i see
F.U. MOOLAH

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Req wrote:embarrassment, Hopkins still a piece of shit i see
Why the B-Hops hate? Even with those questionable rabbit punches, dudes owned RJJ all night long.

The Aluminum Falcon

There is no denying that Bernard is one of the greats and he clearly won the fight but you won't win anyones respect with some of the shit he did in the ring that night. I pray this is Jones' last fight, watching him fight now is borderline depressing. Hopkins still has something left and I give him props for calling out David Haye, thats a fight worth watching.I feel bad for anyone who thought this fight with Roy would actually be competitive, hopefully this paycheck is big enough to keep Roy out of the ring.

AXEWOUNDFISTER
OG FISTOLA

Post by AXEWOUNDFISTER »

lol @ me believein roy when he said the fight in pensacola was his last fight!

The Aluminum Falcon

Berto vs. Quintana this weekend, who do you guys got?

AXEWOUNDFISTER
OG FISTOLA

Post by AXEWOUNDFISTER »

The Aluminum Falcon wrote:Berto vs. Quintana this weekend, who do you guys got?
andre berto no doubt about it...

The Aluminum Falcon

AXEWOUNDFISTER wrote:
The Aluminum Falcon wrote:Berto vs. Quintana this weekend, who do you guys got?
andre berto no doubt about it...
agree.

these guys break it down pretty good. my favorite boxing channel on youtube because they refrain from getting caught up in all the bullshit drama and you get a lot of different opinons because they can be up to five guys saying their piece at times.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lpc1UHV_lXc&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lpc1UHV_lXc&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

The Aluminum Falcon

you know that show "friday night fights"? well it's happening tonight.and right after it ends Andre Berto Vs. Carlos Quintana is happening. and 30 mins prior to that or directly after the Berto fight you can catch the first installment of Mosley vs Mayweather 24/7.

I have a feeling this 24/7 is going to be pretty good.

ADR

Post by ADR »

^ Would've been better if they followed Mosley dealing with the divorce before whooping Margarito's ass, but yeah. 24/7's involving Mayweather rarely disappoint.

Looking forward to seeing Caballero, Yordan, & Berto fight tonight.

The Aluminum Falcon

oh I'm sure Floyd will bring up the divorce :lol:

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

Anyone watch the Berto undercard? Dude from Panama MURDERED that asain guy. Didn't look like punches were that hard, but getting hit with that many clean blows regardless has got to be damaging. The announcers will killing the Asian guys corner for not throwing in the towel.

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

Pavlik vs. Martinez this Saturday. Who people taking? I think Martinez is going to get the W.

The Aluminum Falcon

naturalborn103 wrote:Pavlik vs. Martinez this Saturday. Who people taking? I think Martinez is going to get the W.
I'm picking Martinez too, but Pavlik has the power to knock him out if he gets tired in the later rounds like he did with Paul.

Sergio via UD( judges could rob him too) or Pavlik by LATE ko( 11-12)

bringinoutbangerz
The Homer

Post by bringinoutbangerz »

kelly is in trouble, but I think he can pull this off if he lands that double jab. Jesus it has been too goddamn long between his fights

oracle21

Post by oracle21 »

Pavlik will knock this dude out. martinez may be qTuick early but he will fade. pavliks power will be too much. dude will regain his belt. btw pavlik last fought in december. it hasnt been that long homie.

The Aluminum Falcon

Wlad calls out david haye :lol:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Qe-Z7QN_t6M&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Qe-Z7QN_t6M&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

vermillion

Post by vermillion »

I got Martinez via decision. One of the most underrated fighters in his division, but I can easily see Pavlik finishing him in the later rounds..

ADR

Post by ADR »

ImageImage

oracle21

Post by oracle21 »

that pavlik martinez poster is sick

ADR

Post by ADR »

I'm still skeptical as to whether or not Pavlik is even going to fight. I'll believe it when he's in the ring.

Also I'm eager to see how Bute is going to dispatch of Miranda. He put down Andrade (something Kessler couldn't do). There's an alternate universe where Bute's boxing prowess instead of Jermaine's name power completed the Super Six roster.

ADR

Post by ADR »

Will Kelly win back respect with a win over Sergio?

By Jim Dower:
WBC/WBO middleweight champion Kelly Pavlik is hoping to get his reputation back with boxing fans by beating light middleweight Sergio Martinez on Saturday night at the Boardwalk Hall, in Atlantic City, New Jersey. Pavlik holds down two of the four belts, and is considered by some boxing experts to be the best fighter in the weak middleweight division. However, thereג€™s more than a few people who no longer see the 28-year-old Pavlik as being the best fighter in the division and feel that heג€™s been steered around more dangerous opponents like Paul Williams to keep Pavlik a champion for as long as possible before gets beaten once again.

Pavlik was soundly defeated by Bernard Hopkins, then 44, in October 2008. In looking at that fight, Hopkins didnג€™t seem to do anything special in beating Pavlik other than using some lateral movement, an in and out attack and some occasional clinches to completely shut Pavlik down entirely. Martinez may be small for a middleweight at 5′11″ and not as powerful as Pavlik, but heג€™s got the speed and foot movement that Hopkins had.

Martinez is considered to be the best fighter at light middleweight, and isnג€™t easy to hit. He seems to do really well against big punchers like Pavlik, who Martinez seems to be good at boxing circles around. Pavlik feels that his better power and size will enable him to crush and destroy the smaller Martinez like heג€™s done against his smaller challengers Marco Antonio Rubio, Gary Lockett and Miguel Espino.

Pavlik is a huge puncher and is devastating against fighters that stand in front of him and allow him to land his punches. Pavlik is much less good when he has to go after an opponent to try cut off the ring against them. Luckily for Pavlik, most of his opponents have just stood in front of him, dumbly fighting him at his own game and getting taken out before long. Martinez has very fast hands, and likes to get in close to land his shots and scamper away before heג€™s hit by them.

He fights a lot of the time with his hands down by his sides and likes to taunt his opponents. Martinez is somewhat like a slower version of Roy Jones Jr. and is very good at frustrating his opponents in the same way that Jones was able to do earlier in his career. Pavlik is going to try and offset what Martinez is doing by jabbing hard at him to keep him from getting in close. You can expect Pavlik to be doubling up on his jab.

Martinez could get around that by using movement to circle Pavlik and make him move his feet. Pavlik is poor at shifting his feet around to adapt to a moving target. If heג€™s improved in this area, he might be able to beat Martinez and regain some of his lost respect. But if Pavlik looks as slow as he did in his recent fight against Espino, then Pavlik will likely get dominated and end up losing badly to Martinez.
Source

The Aluminum Falcon

El Rey wrote:Will Kelly win back respect with a win over Sergio?

By Jim Dower:
WBC/WBO middleweight champion Kelly Pavlik is hoping to get his reputation back with boxing fans by beating light middleweight Sergio Martinez on Saturday night at the Boardwalk Hall, in Atlantic City, New Jersey. Pavlik holds down two of the four belts, and is considered by some boxing experts to be the best fighter in the weak middleweight division. However, thereג€™s more than a few people who no longer see the 28-year-old Pavlik as being the best fighter in the division and feel that heג€™s been steered around more dangerous opponents like Paul Williams to keep Pavlik a champion for as long as possible before gets beaten once again.

Pavlik was soundly defeated by Bernard Hopkins, then 44, in October 2008. In looking at that fight, Hopkins didnג€™t seem to do anything special in beating Pavlik other than using some lateral movement, an in and out attack and some occasional clinches to completely shut Pavlik down entirely. Martinez may be small for a middleweight at 5′11″ and not as powerful as Pavlik, but heג€™s got the speed and foot movement that Hopkins had.

Martinez is considered to be the best fighter at light middleweight, and isnג€™t easy to hit. He seems to do really well against big punchers like Pavlik, who Martinez seems to be good at boxing circles around. Pavlik feels that his better power and size will enable him to crush and destroy the smaller Martinez like heג€™s done against his smaller challengers Marco Antonio Rubio, Gary Lockett and Miguel Espino.

Pavlik is a huge puncher and is devastating against fighters that stand in front of him and allow him to land his punches. Pavlik is much less good when he has to go after an opponent to try cut off the ring against them. Luckily for Pavlik, most of his opponents have just stood in front of him, dumbly fighting him at his own game and getting taken out before long. Martinez has very fast hands, and likes to get in close to land his shots and scamper away before heג€™s hit by them.

He fights a lot of the time with his hands down by his sides and likes to taunt his opponents. Martinez is somewhat like a slower version of Roy Jones Jr. and is very good at frustrating his opponents in the same way that Jones was able to do earlier in his career. Pavlik is going to try and offset what Martinez is doing by jabbing hard at him to keep him from getting in close. You can expect Pavlik to be doubling up on his jab.

Martinez could get around that by using movement to circle Pavlik and make him move his feet. Pavlik is poor at shifting his feet around to adapt to a moving target. If heג€™s improved in this area, he might be able to beat Martinez and regain some of his lost respect. But if Pavlik looks as slow as he did in his recent fight against Espino, then Pavlik will likely get dominated and end up losing badly to Martinez.
Source
I'm hoping Sergio can pull this off, but at the same time I really want to see pavlik vs williams too. Tonight should be interesting to say the least. I'm also amped on seeing bute tonight, great card.

The Aluminum Falcon

Bradley to fight Maidana
EmailPrintComments
retweet20
By Dan Rafael
ESPN.com
Archive
There's been a change of plans for junior welterweight titlist Timothy Bradley Jr.

Due to make his HBO debut on June 19, Bradley was slated to face welterweight brawler Luis Carlos Abregu in a nontitle bout. However, promoter Gary Shaw told ESPN.com on Thursday there had been a change. He made a deal with Richard Schaefer of Golden Boy Promotions for Argentina's Marcos Maidana to challenge Bradley for his 140-pound title.

Shaw said they will meet at the Agua Caliente resort in Rancho Mirage, Calif., which is only a few miles from Bradley's hometown of Palm Springs.

"It's done," Shaw said. "It's a tremendous fight. It's a great fight in a great division. Great for fans, who will definitely see an exciting fight, great for HBO, great for Gary Shaw, Golden Boy, Bradley, Maidana and boxing. It's great for all of us."

The fight had been in the works for the past week or so and came out of the blue. Bradley (25-0, 11 KOs) thought he'd be facing Abregu while HBO was working with Don King, who promotes unified titleholder Devon Alexander, on a deal to match Alexander and Maidana in August.

Shaw said the change in Bradley's opponent came about while he was waiting for Abregu to return a signed contract. While he was waiting, Shaw said he had a meeting with HBO executive Kery Davis.

"He asked if I had a signed agreement from Abregu and when I said I didn't, he said, 'I have an idea. Would you fight Maidana?' I said, 'In a heartbeat.'" Shaw said. "We talked about it for a few days and when I spoke to Richard we were able to get it worked out and the fight got made."

Maidana (28-1, 27 KOs), 26, who holds an interim belt, looked superb knocking out Victor Cayo in the sixth round on HBO March 27.

"We're ready to go," said Cameron Dunkin, Bradley's manager. "It's what Tim deserves and what he needs. The other kid [Maidana] deserves this too. It's a great opportunity for both of them. Tim was so excited when I told him about it. He just went crazy. He sounded like a little kid. It makes you feel good when something like this gets done and your guy is happy."

Alexander will still fight Aug. 7, but King and HBO need to find another opponent. King plans to stage the fight in Alexander's hometown of St. Louis.

Bradley, 26, outpointed England's Junior Witter to win a world title in 2008. He unified two belts last April by surviving two knockdowns to win a unanimous decision against Kendall Holt, but was forced to vacate one of the titles.

In December, Bradley won a lopsided unanimous decision against previously undefeated mandatory challenger Lamont Peterson.

Dan Rafael is the boxing writer for ESPN.com.
:ohsh: :ohsh: :ohsh: :ohsh: :ohsh: :ohsh: :ohsh: :ohsh: :ohsh:
Should be a good one, I see Bradley winning this one.

and in other news Emmanuel Steward is Cotto's new trainer for his title fight at 154 with Yuri Foreman.

ADR

Post by ADR »

I fuck with Yuri Foreman. I understand the knock on him, but he's dope to me.

I believe a pre-derailed Cotto would've tore his ass up, but this version of Miguel, who knows.

04/24/10

Unexpectedly amped for this.

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

About to be Jewish vs. Rican riot.

The Aluminum Falcon

Sergio>>>>>>>> and a impressive KO win by Bute. good night of boxing. Pavlik looked good in the mid rounds but after he got that cut over his right eye he was in bad shape.There was a rematch clause and Kelly sounds like he wants it.

ADR

Post by ADR »

Martinez just stood up and took his fight back.

His punches looked like they lost their power, he looked like he lost all his angles, and was perhaps getting tired. Then he just stood up in the 9th and took that shit back.

Martinez = a bastard

The Aluminum Falcon

El Rey wrote:Martinez just stood up and took his fight back.

His punches looked like they lost their power, he looked like he lost all his angles, and was perhaps getting tired. Then he just stood up in the 9th and took that shit back.

Martinez = a bastard
you think he just took those rounds off? I saw pavlik blocking and avoiding a lot of his shots and closing the distance, once sergio cut him over his right eye it was a combination of kelly's impaired vision as well as sergio's activity. I'm not discrediting sergio's win, and he is a damn smart fighter so i could certainly see him taking a couple rounds off but after a knockdown and being the victim of previous robberies I don't find it that likely of a scenario. Martinez was the better man that night and if they do have the rematch I would suspect him to do the same thing again.

oh and that KO uppercut Bute threw right after Miranda was mocking his punching power was :bow: .

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

I knew I should of bet on this... This is what Pavlik gets for dodging Paul Williams.
The Aluminum Falcon wrote: oh and that KO uppercut Bute threw right after Miranda was mocking his punching power was :bow: .