NBA 09-10 Playoffs : Conference Finals

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

Tired & Broke

Post by Tired & Broke »

So let's recap last night's game, Dwight went off, Vince Choked, Jameer disappeared, Shard Lewis is MIA, and JJ made a crucial mental error. Meanwhile Pierce and Rondo are eating them niggas alive.

HomeSkillet

Post by HomeSkillet »

Tired & Broke wrote:So let's recap last night's game, Dwight went off, Vince Choked, Jameer disappeared, Shard Lewis is MIA, and JJ made a crucial mental error. Meanwhile Pierce and Rondo are eating them niggas alive.
Well said

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

My only complaint was I don't know Cs stopped doing the pick and roll with Rondo and KG when Howard was on KG and had 4 fouls. That was working like clockwork, and then all of sudden they want to switch back to letting clock run and then let Peirce or Rondo go 1-1.

Also, on that pick and roll when KG dunked it, he had Howard in the air leaning towards him off the pump fake, he should of jumped into him and gave him his 5th foul... But it is kinda hard to hate on a wide open dunk.

*edit*
and did anyone else see Howard joking and laughing with a fan deep in the 4th quarter?? That is what I am talking about when I say this generation is missing the intensity and that feeling they will die on that court to get a W. There is now way you should joking with a fan at that point.

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

naturalborn103 wrote:*edit*
and did anyone else see Howard joking and laughing with a fan deep in the 4th quarter?? That is what I am talking about when I say this generation is missing the intensity and that feeling they will die on that court to get a W. There is now way you should joking with a fan at that point.
This is why Dwight Howard is a fucking loser/faggot. I hate the Magic and that pissed me off.

Gregg Popabitch

Post by Gregg Popabitch »

well, i was wrong. the magic put themselves in a hole.

Tired & Broke

Post by Tired & Broke »

Positive A wrote:
This is why Dwight Howard is a fucking loser/faggot. I hate the Magic and that pissed me off.
Plus that nigga is a huge crybaby who needs to develop a better post game.

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Tired & Broke wrote:
Positive A wrote:
Plus that nigga is a huge crybaby who needs to develop a better post game.
If he had 1 McHale-ish move, he'd be dangerous.

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Fill in the blank with a number:

JJ Redick could start for ___ NBA teams.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

rondo owns nelson on defense. nelson only scores on switches. rondo fights around screens very quickly

word to natty. i was yelling at the tv "WHY THE FUCK AREN'T THEY P&R WITH RONDO AND KG/SOMEONE AGAINST HOWARD" in the 4th

i was also flabbergasted at doc's decision to have ray allen run that play with under a minute left. is he retarded? give rondo the ball there and p&r or just take his man off the dribble. his shooting is more than adequate at this point so putting him on the line isn't a bad deal. but ray allen? he played as bad as rashard lewis
Nets 2022

djjeffresh

Post by djjeffresh »

Reason wrote:i <3 rondo

point blank

Post by point blank »

sums it up.

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Jon Koncak > Dwight Howard.

eternalreflection
I'll Just STFU Now!

Post by eternalreflection »

djjeffresh wrote:
imagine how good he'd be if he had a good midrange+ game lol

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

STOP ACTING LIKE YOU DONT SEE THIS

naturalborn103 wrote: Can you answer this question. What makes you say Russell was not good at offense and was overrated?
eternalreflection wrote:
djjeffresh wrote:
imagine how good he'd be if he had a good midrange+ game lol
You idiot this is worse example you could give. His lack of midrange jumper has hurt Cs all year cause people played passing lanes and could double easily without worrying about kicking back out to Rondo for jumper... And his jumper has gotten WAY better since playoffs started, and if his midrange jumper got even better he would be unstoppable. The pick and roll would be even better cause they couldn't go underneath cause he would hit that jumper. All things you cant understand or argue with cause #s are not involved.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

point blank wrote:Image

sums it up.
see, this is why i told popabitch i didn't need to rewind and put on my digicam to capture this amazing moment which we both immediately blurted out was "a perfect .gif moment"

because i knew someone else would

god it's so good
Nets 2022

eternalreflection
I'll Just STFU Now!

Post by eternalreflection »

*edit*
its a game, you are supposed to have fun

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

naturalborn103 wrote:

naturalborn103 wrote: Can you answer this question. What makes you say Russell was not good at offense and was overrated?
eternalreflection wrote:
*edit*
Are you even serious right now?

Gregg Popabitch

Howard actually had good post moves yesterday.

Howard is never going to be a great post player.....he doesn't have the nimbleness and creativity. Like i've said numerous times before in the past 2 years: He's better off going bill russell on the league and stop masquerading as a #1 option.

stupidregister

Post by stupidregister »

SVG needs to GTFO.
Quality stitched MLB, NBA, NFL, and soccer jerseys: https://www.etsy.com/shop/FanJerseyz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Trademark
oil baron swaggasaurus

Post by Trademark »

Lol at defending Howard having fun. Enjoy your sweep. Lol at dissing rondo. He is the heart of the celtics and has now established himself as the best pg in the nba. His playoff numbers rank up with the greatest of all time. This forum has some Of the most hating faggots ever born. If you were drafting a team right now would you take cp3 or rondo? Would you take nelson? Would you take penis in your ass?

Big Breeze

Post by Big Breeze »

Ho-hum another Laker victory. These muthafuckas are making it look to easy, but it ain't. Like how Gasol was takin it to cats tonight. Bynum's energy was strong when he was in the game. Ron Ron was knockin down jumpers when they left him open. Punk ass Kobe was wheelin and dealin with the assists especially to Gasol countless times. Odom had another strong rebounding and scoring game. Maybe he can tell Amar'e how his ass tastes since his non-defending ass wants to play that Dirk Nowitzki type D. Ain't that a bitch.

Like the prospect of our squad going to Phoenix on Sunday and getting another W, but it will be much closer.

vermillion

Post by vermillion »

naturalborn103 wrote:
naturalborn103 wrote:

eternalreflection wrote:
*edit*
Are you even serious right now?
:rofl:

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

Now with the NBA horrible playoffs schedule we got to wait till Saterday.. So figured I would post this.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multim ... ent.1.html

Celtics have 4 of the top 5 trash talkers in the NBA now and 5 of the top 10.

1) KG
2) Kobe
3) Sheed
4) Pierce
5) Nate Robinson

6) K-Mart
7) Areanas
8) Artest
9) Rondo
10) Stoudemire

I think Rondo should be higher, but probably got to give a couple years before his rep becomes solidified.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

god i wish big breeze was a clippers fan
Nets 2022

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

The Boston Celtics: A Turnover-Forcing Machine of Historical Proportions
By Zach Lowe

It is time to recognize something: Forcing turnovers is a skill, and itג€™s a skill that has helped the Boston Celtics start the playoffs 10-3. The Celtics forced 18 Orlando turnovers on Sunday and 14 more in Game 2, and for the full playoffs, they have forced turnovers on 16.2 percent of opponent possessions, according to Basketball-Reference.

That leads all playoff teams by a wide margin, and itג€™s a huge number historically. Since the NBA finally banned hand-checking for real, guess how many playoff teams that advanced past the first round have managed to put up a defense turnover higher than 16 percent?

The answer: One. It was the 2007 Golden State Warriors, that weird Nellie Frankenstein that upset the top-seeded Mavericks in the first round. The ג€˜07 Dubs forced turnovers on 16.9 percent of opponent possessions, according to B-R. Since 1990, only eight other teams that advanced past the first round have topped the 16 percent mark in the post-season, and all eight played between 1990 and 1997:

ג€˜97 Bulls (16.3 percent)

ג€˜96 Bulls (18.1 percent, the highest post-season rate any team has recorded since 1990)

ג€˜96 Jazz (16.9 percent)

ג€˜95 Knicks (16.8 percent)

ג€˜94 Pacers (16.8 percent)

ג€˜94 Knicks (16.4 percent)

ג€˜94 Hawks (16.2 percent)

ג€˜90 Bulls (16.1 percent)

So, basically, weג€™re talking about the ג€˜07 Warriors and the best defensive teams from the glory years of the hand-check, when games were so ugly David Stern had to change the rules to pretty them up again. Side note: Not enough people remember how devastatingly awesome the Jordan-era Bulls were defensively. They forced piles of turnovers and protected the defensive glass like madmen.

And yet I got into such a heated argument with college friends about whether Scottie Pippen is overrated that it became uncomfortable and all of us agreed to never mention Pippen again.

In any case, the Celtics and the Magic represent two elite defensive teams who get results in very different ways. The Cג€™s were 2nd in the NBA during the regular season in forcing turnovers, 9th in opponent shooting percentage and 12th in defensive rebounding percentage. The Magic were at or near the top of the league in opponent shooting percentage and defensive rebounding but near the bottom in forcing turnovers.

This is because Stan Van Gundy has embraced the Gregg Popovich philosophy of discouraging gambles in favor of staying in front of guys, contesting shots and being in good position to grab rebounds. The Cavaliers and Spurs stress the same concepts, and as a result usually rank near the bottom of the league in forcing turnovers and at the top in defensive rebounding.

Itג€™s a tribute to how well the Cג€™s are playing defensively that they have been able to force so many turnovers without compromising other parts of their defense. They are forcing more turnovers than they did in the regular season while holding opponents to a lower shooting percentage, especially from three, and grabbing a much higher percentage of defensive boards. Basically, the Celtics are playing defense about as well as it can be played. Theyג€™re having their cake (the turnovers) and eating it, too.

By the way, just for fun: Over the last 20 seasons, 31 teams have recorded a defensive turnover rate of at least 16 percent in the regular season, according to Basketball-Reference. Only three teams have pulled it off since the league phased out hand-checking completely after 2003ג€”the ג€˜07 Warriors and Warriors and the ג€˜06 Bobcats.

Of those 31 teams, 20 played between 1994 and 1999. Some trivia:

ג€¢ The Gary Payton Sonics make the 16 percent club every season from ג€˜93 through ג€˜97 and in ג€˜91. That team was ridiculous.

ג€¢ The Cavs made it three straight years from ג€˜96-98. Those were the borderline unwatchable Fratello teams that never got out of the first round.

ג€¢ The Bulls made in ג€˜95 and ג€˜96 and were close in other seasons. A defensive juggernaut.

ג€¢ The Blaylock-Augmon Hawks hit the 16 percent mark in ג€˜94 and ג€˜96. God, the Eastern Conference was a weird combination of awesome and horrible in the mid/late 1990s.

ג€¢ Finally, the team that recorded the highest defensive turnover rate of the post-1990 era? The juggernaut that made opponents cough up the ball more often than any other team in recent league history?

That would beג€¦

Your 1998 Boston Celtics, a Pitino-led squad that forced turnovers on 19 percent of opponent possessions. No one even comes close to that mark.

And boy did they pay the price for it. They fouled at such an astronomically high rate that they basically spotted opponents a 10-point lead every game. They somehow allowed the highest opponent field-goal percentage in the league even as they held opponents to just 31.8 percent from deepג€”the third-lowest mark in the league. So, basically, the Celtics were giving up a ton of lay-ups and easy two-point buckets. They also ranked near the bottom of the league in defensive rebounding.

Iג€™m telling you, the ג€˜98 Celtics were among the strangest teams in NBA history. Paul Pierce arrived the next season, and itג€™s a miracle playing on those Pitino teams didnג€™t just ruin him forever.

Gregg Popabitch

naturalborn103 wrote:Now with the NBA horrible playoffs schedule we got to wait till Saterday.. So figured I would post this.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multim ... ent.1.html

Celtics have 4 of the top 5 trash talkers in the NBA now and 5 of the top 10.

1) KG
2) Kobe
3) Sheed
4) Pierce
5) Nate Robinson

6) K-Mart
7) Areanas
8) Artest
9) Rondo
10) Stoudemire

I think Rondo should be higher, but probably got to give a couple years before his rep becomes solidified.
It's kinda sad that these guys are the best trash talkers in the NBA.....Barkley, Bird, Gary, MJ, and the Oak would have their way with all these guys on speaking terms.

I woulda thought Shaq woulda made a trash talking list.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

how could you mention barkley, bird, gary, mj, oak...AND NOT REGGIE MILLER

:owens:
Nets 2022

Gregg Popabitch

who the hell is reggie miller?

Gregg Popabitch

sad face.

10th anniversary of malik sealy's death.

http://www.nba.com/video/channels/origi ... sealy.nba/

an-also

Post by an-also »

Oakley would make KG his bitch