The Official MMA Thread

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

Beastly Swagger

Post by Beastly Swagger »

Maybe Pat Barry will freak the techno viking on his walk-out for Cro-cop @ UFC 115 this saturday haha !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPx-g5MQh8s

vermillion

Post by vermillion »

I'm leaving to go see UFC 115 tomorrow and than I'm going to watch WEC later this month. Should be 2 decent cards.

vermillion

Post by vermillion »

UFC 115 predictions:
Franklin>Liddell
Barry>Cro Cop
Thiago>Kampmann
Yvel>Rothwell
Condit>Macdonald
Griffin>Dunham
Wiman>Danzig
Wilks>Sobotta
Patrick>Funch
Pyle>Lennox

Also, I'm looking to find a better MMA betting site that has most of the figts on this card, because there is a some money to made off of parlays on this card I believe. Wilks, Thiago and Barry is one parlay. Griffin, Wiman and Condit is another. The second is more risky though, and you culd mix and match. Franklin could also get thrown in there. Overall, should be lots of competitive fights.

vermillion

Post by vermillion »

vermillion wrote:I'm leaving to go see UFC 115 tomorrow and than I'm going to watch WEC later this month. Should be 2 decent cards.
Change of plans. Leaving early saturday morning.

vermillion

Post by vermillion »

I got some time to kill, so I'll give you a breakdown on some of the fights..

Liddell vs Franklin: This is a close fight, and much more interesting than Ortiz vs Liddell 3. Liddell seems to be in great shape, but there could be a question about ring rust. In his past fights it seems he lost some power and a lot of his speed. He's hittable, open to leg kicks and holds his hands low. He does still have power, and might be enough to hurt Franklin. Franklin doesn't have the best chin, but he recovered from heavy shots from Henderson and Wanderlei Silva. He has decent movement, mixes it up between hands and feet, and has good cardio, especially at 205. Franklin has switched from his camp with Matt Hume back to Natti with Gurgel. Liddell has been working with Scott Epstein at 9th Planet JJ and might try to use his wrestling and new BJJ skills. With that being said, I think Franklin could easily get knocked out, but he will probably use movement with good kicks. The overhand is there for Liddell though due to Franklin being a southpaw and throwing sloppy looping punches.

Cro Cop vs Barry: Pretty close fight as well. I don't see this fight being finished. Barry is facing his toughest test to date, and his only lose in the UFC is by submission by a mediocre fighter, but no worry about Cro Cop choking out Barry. I think the loss helped him a lot. He is a very good striker, and truely one of the best in the heavyweight division. He's hungry and athletic. He was trained by Ernesto Hoost in his early days and now by Dooke Roofus. Cro Cop has been saying the same thing for past couple years about him being better than ever and wanting to make a return to form, but it's not going to happen. He hasn't looked good in the cage and doesn't seem to have the heart anymore, but he does still have good technical skills and is fairly dangerous. The only worry about Barry not winning his him not having the experience of the main card, co-main event and the level of competition. He's also saying Cro Cop is his hero a lot, and he seems timid, but he looked up to Hardonk as well. Before that fight he was living off of Rice and Ketchup, than he won fight of the night of knockout of the night. This fight will probably go the distance, will remain on the feet with Barry using low kicks and fast hands to win a decisive decision. He will be much quicker and want it more.

Paulo Thiago vs Kampmann: I'm becoming a pretty big Thiago fan, and even though my pick seems biased, I don't feel it is. This fight seems to be easy to pick, because Kampmann is easy to hit. He also won't be able to get hit and take him down and sub Thiago like he did McFedires. Thiago is working in a special force in Brazil against gangs and things of that nature and I think that gives him extra confidence in MMA. He has great BJJ and big power. While Kampmann has a good chin and recovery and probably won't get KO'd flat, I see Thiago outstriking him and out grappling him untill he catches him and TKOs him with follow up strikes. Paulo Thiago deserves to be in the title picture, especially if he wins.

Rothwell vs Yvel: A close fight. Yvel has good stand up and not much else. Rothwell is decent at everything, but his stand up is probably his best atribute. I don't think Rothwell has good enough grappling, takedowns or clinch game to do enough to win. He could push him up against the cage for a decision, but I think their difference in stand up is huge and Yvel will capitalize off of it. I think he'll knock him out. Boring match up though.

Condit vs MacDonald: Probably my favorite match up of the night. MacDonald is the youngest fighter in the UFC, a great prospect, and undefeated. He turned pro and 16 and has well rounded skills. His strength is BJJ and stand up, and ability to transition from a war on the feet to a techinical chess match on the ground. Condit hasn't performed how most thought he would since entering the UFC. With that being said he has fought 2 strong fighters. Both were split decision and close fights. He's 1-1 in the UFC but is one of the more exciting fighters in the 170 class. Condit has strong stand up and strong bjj skills, and overall grappling. In the WEC he was finishing most of his opponents, but is having mroe trouble. He's been around the sport for awhile and has an experience advantage. Both fighters are very similar in their styles. Condit has been jumping from camp to camp lately, which worries me a little, as well as his 9 month lay off from haqnd surgery. This fight is really a coin flip, but I'm going to go with Condit who is the more proven fighter. MacDonald, win or lose, will be one of the best fighters in his division in a few years.

Beastly Swagger

115 stream links.

http://www.myp2pforum.eu/threads/39028- ... s-Franklin

I recently discovered a app. called Stream Torrent easily the best quality stream I've had so far the channels in that thread.

Enjoy.

ChewbaccaUncircumcised

Post by ChewbaccaUncircumcised »

Beastly Swagger wrote:115 stream links.

http://www.myp2pforum.eu/threads/39028- ... s-Franklin

I recently discovered a app. called Stream Torrent easily the best quality stream I've had so far the channels in that thread.

Enjoy.
:cheers:

SuperFeen

Post by SuperFeen »

vermillion wrote:I'm leaving to go see UFC 115 tomorrow and than I'm going to watch WEC later this month. Should be 2 decent cards.
:cheers: awesome

expecting a bunch of brawls tonight

Beastly Swagger

Gassed for the Cro-Cop-Barry jawn !

Ur gunna get raped.

Galvatron78
Splack Morris

Post by Galvatron78 »

I'm still living in the PRIDE FC past and i so don't want Cro-Cop to lose.

bbatson1

Post by bbatson1 »

Galvatron78 wrote:I'm still living in the PRIDE FC past and i so don't want Cro-Cop to lose.
Preach brotha!

Galvatron78
Splack Morris

Post by Galvatron78 »

bbatson1 wrote:
Galvatron78 wrote:I'm still living in the PRIDE FC past and i so don't want Cro-Cop to lose.
Preach brotha!
He won......via RNC.....Barry shoulda went in for the got-damn kill in the first round he had him!!!

bbatson1

Post by bbatson1 »

WHOOOO!!!!!! This is probably the happiest i've been in a long time over a win.

Chuck is one of my favorites but I was ready for him to lose and i do like Rich. Thank god Crocop one. I was hyped.

BigCat8

Post by BigCat8 »

Galvatron78 wrote:He won......via RNC.....Barry shoulda went in for the got-damn kill in the first round he had him!!!
This.

Pat Barry seems like a great dude, has some quality striking... but doesn't seem like he has the killer instinct. He needs to improve on the ground to the point where he's able to at least get the fight back to the feet as well. Lost the Tim Hague fight the same way- early striking dominance, beaten in the grappling game.

elohim

Post by elohim »

Definitely enjoyed UFC 115 more than 114. Plus the bar I was at had 22 oz UFC cups of beer for $3 with refills for a buck, how can you go wrong?

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dTNL7RV49KA&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dTNL7RV49KA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

(Probably will get deleted though)

manwhore

Post by manwhore »

manwhore

Post by manwhore »

also how cool was the near mirror image front kicks in the condit vs macdonald fight?!

and the double knee?

crocop and barry's double low kick.

AXEWOUNDFISTER
OG FISTOLA

Post by AXEWOUNDFISTER »

so what happen with chuck and franklin? wasnt that good or what?

SuperFeen

Post by SuperFeen »

vermillion

Post by vermillion »

Too hungover to type about the whole event, but it was pretty good. The crowd was filled with a bunch of idiots though.

The Aluminum Falcon

Post by The Aluminum Falcon »

not a hardcore MMA fan by any means but that Crocop vs Barry ??? fight was great, and as a fan of the iceman I think it would be in his best of interest to hang them up, he is far to easy hit and after multiple concussions his punch resistance is gone.

Kid That's Lifeless

Post by Kid That's Lifeless »

vermillion wrote:Too hungover to type about the whole event, but it was pretty good. The crowd was filled with a bunch of idiots though.
Seems like most events are like this. Unless every fight ends with a knockout, 95% of the fans are booing.

SuperFeen

Post by SuperFeen »

BigCat8 wrote:
Galvatron78 wrote:He won......via RNC.....Barry shoulda went in for the got-damn kill in the first round he had him!!!
This.

Pat Barry seems like a great dude, has some quality striking... but doesn't seem like he has the killer instinct. He needs to improve on the ground to the point where he's able to at least get the fight back to the feet as well. Lost the Tim Hague fight the same way- early striking dominance, beaten in the grappling game.

ya dude seems like a chronic underachiever, hope he can pull it together tho he's got solid skills

Kid That's Lifeless wrote:
vermillion wrote:Too hungover to type about the whole event, but it was pretty good. The crowd was filled with a bunch of idiots though.
Seems like most events are like this. Unless every fight ends with a knockout, 95% of the fans are booing.
i wanna hear what was goin on in the crowd, some guy tossed a beer at dana white there's got to be some more good stories about that

BigCat8

Post by BigCat8 »

SuperFeen wrote:
BigCat8 wrote:
This.

ya dude seems like a chronic underachiever, hope he can pull it together tho he's got solid skills
Not that it excuses the loss and lack of killer instinct, but apparently one of the punches that broke Mirko's face also broke Barry's hand, and he went on to break something in his foot early in the second. I think that explains the lack of overhand rights being thrown in the later rounds, though.

Dude needs to train nothing but wrestling and BJJ from his back before his next fight. Scrambles, escapes, reversals, sprawling, blocking takedowns... anything that's gonna keep the fight standing, or get it back to the feet. He's a good, raw talent, but he only has one facet to his game.

Beastly Swagger

Vermillion your picks failed.

vermillion

Post by vermillion »

SuperFeen wrote:
BigCat8 wrote:
This.

Kid That's Lifeless wrote:
i wanna hear what was goin on in the crowd, some guy tossed a beer at dana white there's got to be some more good stories about that
:rofl: I heard about that but I missed it. People were supposedly spitting on fighters when they walked out and there were a bunch of fights. As for my picks, I've been doing pretty shitty in the past couple cards.

vermillion

Post by vermillion »

Lawler>Babalu
Zaromskis>Santos
Kennedy>Prangley
Noons>Heun

3 of the 4 fights are pick ems, but besides the Zaromskis vs Cyborg fight, I'm not to excited for this card.

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

You think Lawler will KO Babalu?
UBM CD COMING SOON

ChewbaccaUncircumcised

Post by ChewbaccaUncircumcised »

i also think lawler will ko babalu.

vermillion

Post by vermillion »

Tweak Da Leak wrote:You think Lawler will KO Babalu?
Yeah, it seems than whenever he fighs someone with decent technica abilities and power, they have a big chance to KO Babalu. It's either that or Babalu subs him.