Official NBA offseason thread

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

Apparently Noah is already in talks with bulls trying to get a 5 year extension on his contract. So, this trade idea seems like it might be dead in the water. PHEW!

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

You guys seriously wouldn't trade Noah for one of the five best players in the league who is absolutely the best pure scorer?

Dayum. If I was a Bulls fan I'd be hype as fuck about that possibility. Deng is nice, but an overpaid underachiever at this point who can't stay healthy. Noah is really good, no doubt. But I'd ship both of 'em in a second for Melo, if he signed an extension as part of the deal.

PEACE

Gregg Popabitch

Post by Gregg Popabitch »

Melo is not a top 5 player in the nba first of all. Top 10.

2ndly, i don't know if you noticed but there is a dearth of big men in the nba. So having a good, young one is of humongous value. The nets wouldn't trade brook lopez for melo and i do not blame them one bit.

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

peanut butter wrote: Dayum. If I was a Bulls fan I'd be hype as fuck about that possibility. Deng is nice, but an overpaid underachiever at this point who can't stay healthy. Noah is really good, no doubt. But I'd ship both of 'em in a second for Melo, if he signed an extension as part of the deal.

PEACE
On paper, sure.
But if they trade noah , all of a sudden, Kurt thomas is their starting center. And no team is winning shit with kurt thomas starting.

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

Gilbert Subpoenas wrote:Melo is not a top 5 player in the nba first of all. Top 10.

2ndly, i don't know if you noticed but there is a dearth of big men in the nba. So having a good, young one is of humongous value. The nets wouldn't trade brook lopez for melo and i do not blame them one bit.
Bron, Kobe, D Wade, Dwight and...? If you want to say Durant or Paul I'd understand, but Melo could make a strong case for that spot as well.

And I do understand how few good big men there are, but how many times are you going to get the opportunity to trade for one of league's best players still early in his prime? Not often. And you need to make sacrifices to put your team over the top. I'd say Melo, Rose and Boozer would make the Bulls closer to getting over the top than they are currently constructed. Especially if Chicago could get the Nugs to give up Birdman to fill in for Noah.

And I'd more understand the Nets unwillingness to part with Lopez than Chicago is with Noah because I think Lopez is a better player now and has more long term upside.

PEACE

Roy Johnson

Post by Roy Johnson »

As good as Carmelo Anthony is, the only way I'd trade Noah is if it was in a package deal for Dwight Howard.

Derrick Rose and Dwight Howard? I gotta change my shorts.
Tweak Da Leak wrote:My nigga Poppabitch fucks with the swine?

Gregg Popabitch

Yes, you do have to make sacrifices but other than Jordan's Bulls, not too many teams are winning championships with replacement level centers.

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

Gilbert Subpoenas wrote:Yes, you do have to make sacrifices but other than Jordan's Bulls, not too many teams are winning championships with replacement level centers.
I agree, but the Bulls are not in title contention right now either. And I'm not generally in favor of trading big men, but I would make an exception in this case because of who the Bulls stand to acquire.

PEACE

an-also

Post by an-also »

I'd make that deal if I were the bulls. Its not often you get a chance to get a 25-30ppg scorer. I think a trio of of Melo, Rose and boozer can do more damage than Rose, boozer and Noah.

Roy Johnson

Post by Roy Johnson »

With Noah and Boozer, we could lead the league in total rebounding, offensive rebounding, defensive rebounding, and rebounding differential. You gotta love that shit.

It's gonna be a crazy 4-5 combo, for sure.

We're still short an offensive weapon out on the perimeter. They should be looking to flip Taj for someone of lesser status than Carmelo. I don't know who that could be, and I don't have much faith in the clowns that are running the show, but for the love of god, don't trade Noah. That would be so depressing.
Tweak Da Leak wrote:My nigga Poppabitch fucks with the swine?

stupidregister

Post by stupidregister »

Melo would be a perfect fit for the Bulls, he's the independent scorer they've lacked since Jordan. But I also think he's one of the more overrated players in the league. He doesn't rebound, create or defend and he's not a #1. He might be a Top 5 scorer but in my eyes, he's not a leader. My real reason for not trading Noah is because he's got the intangibles and the heart and is a big part of why they're fun to watch.

If the Bulls hadn't gotten swept up in the Summer of Hype, they'd likely still have Hinrich on this roster instead of someone like CJ Miles. Hinrich + Deng + Gibson + 1st rounder for Melo? Just a pipe-dream now but I still think they have the pieces to make a deal without losing Noah, Rose, or Boozer. If that happens, they're arguably the best team in the league.
Quality stitched MLB, NBA, NFL, and soccer jerseys: https://www.etsy.com/shop/FanJerseyz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Brougham33

Post by Brougham33 »

Bulls won't make this deal, they won't part with Noah. Personally I would make the deal, but I won't say Melo is a perfect fit for the Bulls. Melo is a shot clock eater, which means less time with the ball in Derricks hands.

Interesting read on Melo vs Deng...not as crazy as it sounds:

http://bullsbythehorns.com/?p=2246

Jayou Ayen

Post by Jayou Ayen »

Escobar305 wrote:
Sacbee: Los Angeles Lakers player Matt Barnes was arrested and booked into Sacramento County Main Jail on Wednesday night on a felony domestic violence charge.

Sacramento County Sheriffג€™s spokesman Sgt. Tim Curran said deputies responded to an incomplete 911 call from the 8100 block of Sunset Avenue at about 4:15 p.m., where they encountered Barnes and a woman ג€œwho lived with him and with whom he had a dating relationship.ג€

After speaking to Barnes and the woman, deputies determined that the two had been in a physical confrontation and Barnes had prevented the woman from talking to 911 operators. Curran said dispatchers heard the sound of a struggle in the background on the brief open line until it was disconnected.

Both parties had visible injuries but Barnes was determined to be the primary aggressor, Curran said.

Barnes is also charged with maliciously obstructing the use of a telephone line, Curran said. He posted a $50,000 bond and was released shortly before 9:40 p.m.

He is scheduled to appear in court Monday.
http://thelakersnation.com/blog/2010/09 ... -in-court/

:fail:

Take it up with Gloss, you White Piece of Shit.

Sankofa

Post by Sankofa »

^well played

Gregg Popabitch

an-also wrote:I'd make that deal if I were the bulls. Its not often you get a chance to get a 25-30ppg scorer. I think a trio of of Melo, Rose and boozer can do more damage than Rose, boozer and Noah.
they'd also give up 300 points per game. lol

i'm surprised that you said something like this.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

word to jeff ma sayin he and his peoples implored the blazers to draft durant over oden

pop you should post that shit here
Nets 2022

VideoKilledThe

Post by VideoKilledThe »

You can't trade Noah, dude is irreplaceable. If you think Melo is going to board like him, d somebody up like him, you're kidding yourself. You can find perimeter scoring, you can't just find someone who does what Noah does, they are few and far between.

vermillion

Post by vermillion »

VideoKilledThe wrote:You can't trade Noah, dude is irreplaceable. If you think Melo is going to board like him, d somebody up like him, you're kidding yourself. You can find perimeter scoring, you can't just find someone who does what Noah does, they are few and far between.
Obviously no one is saying Melo will be anything like Noah. I understand why people would trade Noah for Melo, but I have to disagree. I think Bulls could possibly still get Melo for Deng, Brewer, Taj and maybe a draft pick.

VideoKilledThe

Post by VideoKilledThe »

Nobody wants touch Deng's contract. It's up there among the worst in the league.

Gregg Popabitch

are people really that stupid?

YOU GUYS ARE STUCK WITH LUOL DENG UNLESS ISIAH THOMAS GETS ANOTHER JOB AS A GM IN THE LEAGUE SINCE HE IS THE ONLY PERSON PAXSON CAN TRADE TRULY HORRIBLE CONTRACTS TO

an-also

Post by an-also »

Gilbert Subpoenas wrote:
an-also wrote:I'd make that deal if I were the bulls. Its not often you get a chance to get a 25-30ppg scorer. I think a trio of of Melo, Rose and boozer can do more damage than Rose, boozer and Noah.

Its true that they would give up a lot of points, but I think they might have a better chance to beat the Heat with Melo. Melo and Lebron usually matchup well historical.

Gregg Popabitch

an-also wrote:
Gilbert Subpoenas wrote:

Its true that they would give up a lot of points, but I think they might have a better chance to beat the Heat with Melo. Melo and Lebron usually matchup well historical.
Melo might have had some sick matchups against Lebron but I don't believe this to be true.

The best way to counter Miami will be these ways:

1) Having a hyperathletic player that plays the 1 (chicago is set here)

2) Having an elite defensive big man that doesn't get in foul trouble

3) if you don't have #2, you want as many serviceable big men as possible....aka the Chicago Bulls theory from the 90's...(The celtics are currently employing this tactic).

Sankofa

Post by Sankofa »

Gilbert Subpoenas wrote:(The celtics are currently employing The Big Retirement Village).

Big Breeze

Post by Big Breeze »

PHILADELPHIA -- Unwanted by the NBA, Allen Iverson is considering playing in China.

Gary Moore, Iverson's personal manager, said Iverson has not been contacted by any NBA team with training camps set to open in less than two weeks. Moore said there is "legitimate interest" between Iverson and a team in China to work out a deal. Moore did not know the team's name and was vague on details.

"We're very astonished, to say the least, that not one team has contacted us with any interest," Moore said. "I just don't understand it."

Iverson played three games for Memphis last season before he returned for a second stint with the Philadelphia 76ers. He averaged 13.9 points for the Sixers before he took a leave of absence in March because of family issues.

In his prime, Iverson boasted top-selling jerseys and sneakers and was a global superstar. His popularity never waned even as his production dipped -- Iverson was voted an Eastern Conference All-Star starter last season. Iverson would be a drawing card overseas, and might see a familiar face in former NBA All-Star Stephon Marbury. Also discarded by the NBA, Marbury played last season for Shanxi Zhongyu in the Chinese Basketball Association.

Moore says a Chinese team first approached the 35-year-old Iverson last month.

Iverson is 17th on the NBA's career scoring list with 24,368 points over a 14-year career with Philadelphia, Denver, Detroit and Memphis. He won the MVP in 2001 when he led the Sixers to the finals.

Iverson's agent, Leon Rose, did not immediately return messages for comment on Monday.

Iverson was the No. 1 overall pick in the 1996 draft and spent his first 10 seasons in Philadelphia. He was a four-time scoring champion, averaged 26.7 points and never won a championship.

"What has Allen Iverson done to not warrant interest in him?" Moore said.

He was hobbled by an arthritic left knee and constantly needed it drained last season. Iverson also famously clashed with his coaches, notably Larry Brown, but returned to Philadelphia humbled, reserved and more accepting of team play. He took a leave of absence in March because of family issues.

Moore said Iverson is healthy and works out in Atlanta prepping for a comeback.

"I don't think he's done," Moore said.
:rofl:

Never liked this bum. His arrogant ass still doesn't get it.

Kid That's Lifeless

Post by Kid That's Lifeless »

Taking the ol' Starbury route. Attaboy Allen, stay classy.

blessingindisguise

Post by blessingindisguise »

I disagree with big breeze talking bout Iverson a bum. Nigga is far from that. However he needs to down his ego by being an asset coming off the bench as a Sixth man/distributer. He did it to himself through all that conflict and no ring over the years.

I know family comes first but teams ain't really dealing with shoot-first renegades anymore or folks with bad attitudes. I Thought the way other teams handled my niggas Rodman, Marbury, and francis was gone be an example but i guess not.

Nl5H

Post by Nl5H »

big breeze is a bum...

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

http://blogs.hoopshype.com/blogs/thomas ... he-future/
Etan Thomas gives huge props to Durant, OKC Thunder.

Big Breeze

Post by Big Breeze »

blessingindisguise wrote:I disagree with big breeze talking bout Iverson a bum. Nigga is far from that. However he needs to down his ego by being an asset coming off the bench as a Sixth man/distributer. He did it to himself through all that conflict and no ring over the years.

I know family comes first but teams ain't really dealing with shoot-first renegades anymore or folks with bad attitudes. I Thought the way other teams handled my niggas Rodman, Marbury, and francis was gone be an example but i guess not.
You can disagree all you want, but like I said earlier I've never been a fan of Bubba Chuck. His game is mad selfish and he's a destructive element on a team. He's a volume shooter that shoots at a low percentage and he is still in denial about his abilities.

He will be remembered in a non-flattering way. I called it last year when he signed with Memphis by saying that it wasn't going to work. AI lasted less than I thought he did with his 3 games. I thought he was going to at least make it to the all-star break before they got rid of him.

The Philly stint wasn't really memorable neither. He didn't provide no leadership for the younger squad and they would have been better off by not having him on the team in the first place. His first term there ended horribly and the second term was no better.

Nl5H wrote:big breeze is a bum...
I see you mad because I got your moms on the blade. Runtelldat bitch that her shift isn't done yet and that if I don't get all my scratch that I'm gonna take it out on her grill. 10am to 10pm is the code. Not a minute sooner. :ironmike:

the dead poet

Post by the dead poet »

Fear the Neck Beard!

Best music for a pau gasol highlight video? hahahhaa

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/cPQlXrRPNV4?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cPQlXrRPNV4?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>
http://www.soundcloud.com/rafael-jesus-martinez" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;