Official 2010-2011 NFL Week 1 Thread

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

^^ LMAO

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Do Jets fan really believe in Sanchez?

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

Philaflava wrote:Do Jets fan really believe in Sanchez?
oh sure: sanchise, super bowl, etc. jets fans should still have faith. he is young, surrounded with pieces etc

i really was shocked to see how bad his confidence got after a slow start. ravens do that to a lot better QBs than him, so i am not worried.

stafford, sanchez, lienert, russell, alex smith etc
^^^ all examples why you never, ever take a QB with a top pick

watching mcnabb last night tripped me out, how he doesnt get respect, how he was the only guy to still be playing out of that killer 1999 QB crop of cade, akili, daunte, and mcnabb (who am i forgetting?)

let other teams waste their time trying to develop a guy, i would rather look for the next jeff garcia or veteren gunslinger

i do have hope that vince young will be a legit franchise qb someday

Random Sample

Post by Random Sample »

John Gruden said "hard knock" about 500 times last night it was so god damn annoying. I had the game muted pretty much most of the second half.

Nl5H

Post by Nl5H »

capable_keL wrote:
capable_keL wrote:keL's upset special of the week is KC beating the CHARGERS monday night.

watch me get mah rzn n effex
sorry but i gots to

:smugkid:
nice call. i am not good at picking out the trap games.

that's also why i only went 9-7 in pick'em this week stragiht up.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

a lot of it seems to be brian holding mark back
Nets 2022

Spiccoli

Post by Spiccoli »

CHARGER LAW: lose games in september, shit on everyone in november and december, implode in january. the script is set. now i'm going to punch myself in the penis.

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

Spiccoli wrote:CHARGER LAW: lose games in september, shit on everyone in november and december, implode in january. the script is set. now i'm going to punch myself in the penis.
Pretty much our run defense looked as bad as its ever been

Special teams might be the worst unit in the NFL

get rid of Jackson and get us a run stopping NT or inside LB the amount of bad angles i saw LB's chasing hte RB's was ridiculous
UBM CD COMING SOON

bringinoutbangerz
The Homer

Post by bringinoutbangerz »

an-also wrote:Image

Gregg Popabitch

Post by Gregg Popabitch »

Reason wrote:a lot of it seems to be brian holding mark back
there's a reason for that.

ALASKA

Post by ALASKA »

Gilbert Subpoenas wrote:
just let him lose. if we are going to lose games with him dumping it out to LTs ghost we might as well let him go down in flames. So we can move forward.

By week 5 he will be on the bench.

an-also

Post by an-also »

ALASKA wrote:
Gilbert Subpoenas wrote:
just let him lose. if we are going to lose games with him dumping it out to LTs ghost we might as well let him go down in flames. So we can move forward.

then you have a qb who's confidence is shot. Then the jets have no idea if he can ever recover and be a starter again thus flushing a ton of money down the toilet that they have invested in him.

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

What are the odds that "Arian Nation" shirts start popping up in Houston? There is money to be made there...

Gregg Popabitch

Post by Gregg Popabitch »

blastmaster wrote:What are the odds that "Arian Nation" shirts start popping up in Houston? There is money to be made there...
the name of my fantasy team as soon as i drafted him is "Arian Race"

VideoKilledThe

Post by VideoKilledThe »

Not a surprise, but Jenkins is done for the year. Major hit to the Jets D.

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

Gilbert Subpoenas wrote:
blastmaster wrote:What are the odds that "Arian Nation" shirts start popping up in Houston? There is money to be made there...
Nice.

Grant out for the year. Welcome back to the NFL Ahman Green and/or Samkon Gado. Starks had better get healthy. Jackson will be good, but Kuhn is now the backup...

an-also

Post by an-also »

blastmaster wrote:Samkon Gado.
:owens:

Trub320

Post by Trub320 »

an-also

Post by an-also »

You have some issues dude...

Trub320

Post by Trub320 »

an-also wrote:
You have some issues dude...
lol

an-also

Post by an-also »

blastmaster wrote:
Gilbert Subpoenas wrote:
Nice.

Grant out for the year. Welcome back to the NFL Ahman Green and/or Samkon Gado. Starks had better get healthy. Jackson will be good, but Kuhn is now the backup...
Call up the bills. Trade for Lynch. TT, get err done

ALASKA

Post by ALASKA »

an-also wrote:
ALASKA wrote:
Gilbert Subpoenas wrote:

then you have a qb who's confidence is shot. Then the jets have no idea if he can ever recover and be a starter again thus flushing a ton of money down the toilet that they have invested in him.
handcuffing him will ruin his confidence too. eventually you gotta test it out.

ThaJim2

Post by ThaJim2 »

capable_keL wrote:

watching mcnabb last night tripped me out, how he doesnt get respect, how he was the only guy to still be playing out of that killer 1999 QB crop of cade, akili, daunte, and mcnabb (who am i forgetting?)

let other teams waste their time trying to develop a guy, i would rather look for the next jeff garcia or veteren gunslinger

Phillip Rivers, the Manning Brothers, McNabb, Palmer, :rofl: , Flaco, Ryan, all would like to disagree with you. The list of QBs you mention does point to one thing NFL teams need to stop fetishison big Arms especially when that player had limited college experience. Never draft an underclassman early in the draft or a player that completed less than 60 percent of his passes and you eliminate most of the big busts and only miss on a single legit player. The other problem is the top few picks only warrant the selection of a small number of positions because of the contract they will receive so if you have the first pick you can only draft a QB, LT, or pass rushing end/tackle.

ThaJim2

Post by ThaJim2 »

Also how the fuck are there still Alex Smith defenders? What does this guy have to do to prove how much he sucks and is at best a mid tier backup? He is never going to get better and might be the biggest bust to ever be drafted because at least the other number 1 busts had some upside while there was noting to suggest that this cat would do shit.

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

I thought Sanchez was just the hispanic version of Leinert, surprised they both went as high as they did

what about mike wiliams renaissance?!@?!?
UBM CD COMING SOON

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

an-also wrote:
blastmaster wrote:
Gilbert Subpoenas wrote:
Nice.

Call up the bills. Trade for Lynch. TT, get err done
Straight up Hawk for Lynch. DONE.

Kid That's Lifeless

Post by Kid That's Lifeless »

capable_keL wrote:
Philaflava wrote:Do Jets fan really believe in Sanchez?
oh sure: sanchise, super bowl, etc. jets fans should still have faith. he is young, surrounded with pieces etc

i really was shocked to see how bad his confidence got after a slow start. ravens do that to a lot better QBs than him, so i am not worried.

The guy who was taken 1st overall: Tim Couch

Spiccoli

Post by Spiccoli »

Tweak Da Leak wrote:
Spiccoli wrote:CHARGER LAW: lose games in september, shit on everyone in november and december, implode in january. the script is set. now i'm going to punch myself in the penis.
Pretty much our run defense looked as bad as its ever been

Special teams might be the worst unit in the NFL

get rid of Jackson and get us a run stopping NT or inside LB the amount of bad angles i saw LB's chasing hte RB's was ridiculous
yah really nice to see our future run stuffing NT not even suited up for the fucking game.

i'm not gonna say the game was a total bust, there were some keen performances (rivers going for 300 and 2 tds in a swirling shit storm of rain and wind, tell me he wouldn't have gone apeshit on the chiefs secondary in better weather, pass D looked stronger-albeit against Cassel and in said conditions, but allowing 68 yards is allowing 68 yards), but it was painfully obvious we missed kassim on special teams and are really susceptible to the run on the edges.

this team will win 10 plus games/the division but without a commitment to pounding the football when they need to they are inevitably going to blow their load before the playoffs.

siting at 1st and goal at the 4 and going pass, draw to sproles, pass pass is just embarrassing. those last two plays it looked like a flag football game with the defense just lining up 8 dudes along the endzone daring the quarterback to squeeze one in there because they know the wont face a run.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

ThaJim2 wrote:
capable_keL wrote:

Phillip Rivers, the Manning Brothers, McNabb, Palmer, :rofl: , Flaco, Ryan, all would like to disagree with you. The list of QBs you mention does point to one thing NFL teams need to stop fetishison big Arms especially when that player had limited college experience. Never draft an underclassman early in the draft or a player that completed less than 60 percent of his passes and you eliminate most of the big busts and only miss on a single legit player. The other problem is the top few picks only warrant the selection of a small number of positions because of the contract they will receive so if you have the first pick you can only draft a QB, LT, or pass rushing end/tackle.
eh, still batting about 50% which sets your franchise back half a decade. and remember eli was a bonafide bitch before plaxico got him the money

ryan? matty ice? i dunno, he aint chris chandler or bobby herbert

uh zip zoom

Post by uh zip zoom »

adding to the drafting QBs early discussion, mostly because i'm curious,

every current HOF QB to debut in the past 50 years, and their draft position:

aikman, round 1, 1st overall
bradshaw, round 1, 1st overall
elway, round 1, 1st overall
fouts, round 3, 84th overall
griese, round 1, 4th overall
kelly, round 1, 14th overall
marino, round 1, 27th overall
montana, round 3, 82nd overall
moon, undrafted
namath (AFL draft), round 1, 1st overall
staubach, round 10, 129th overall
tarkenton, round 3, 29th overall
young, 1st pick in supplemental draft of USFL and CFL players after getting that USFL spinach