2010 MLB Playoffs Thread

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

Philaflava wrote:
peanut butter wrote:
Reason wrote:timmy's performance could arguably be more impressive than halladay's

it's just that the braves lineup isn't very scary
Yeah I wouldnt go that far, Halladay's game was as good as it gets. But Tim's performance was better than some of the other no hitters that were thrown this year, like Edwin Jackson walking 25 Rays on his way to getting one. And 14Ks against a lineup with Infante, Heyward, McCann, Lee and Alex Gonzalez ain't no fucking joke.

PEACE
The Reds lead in HR, RBI, runs and what BA this year? let's not act like Roy pitched a no hitter to the Stros. While strikes outs are sexy, Roy pretty much didn't allow 1 hit, let alone something close to being a hit. He was on another level the entire game and did it with fewer pitches and an amazing 1st strike ratio.
You're preaching to the choir, brotha. What Halladay did is on a whole 'nother echelon. I wasnt exaggerating when I said that was one of the five best things I've ever seen as a sports fan. I'm not here to compare what he and Tim did. Obviously Halladay was superior, as he has been all year. I just don't want to see Tim's game get lost in the mix, because what he did was damn impressive as well. And I will stand by saying that I'd rather have Tim's game last night than Edwin Jackson's no hitter.

PEACE

Myjah

Post by Myjah »

Tommy Bunz wrote:Remember this bitch?
Tommy Bunz wrote:
Myjah wrote:
Tommy Bunz wrote:
Myjah wrote: You were at that game and are glad you left early? WTF? You are happy not seeing the biggest highlights from the game? What a waste of money.
I have a very good job and have to be at work at 7 AM every day. We lost. I'm perfectly fine with listening to Franzke and Larry Anderson call the rest of the game on the radio on my drive home and getting more than an hour of sleep. There's a difference between being a die hard fan and a stupid one. I've been to near 20 games this year, I'll survive.
I've been to over 50 games this year, and I haven't left a single game early. And I'm actually kind of a busy person. Luckily, law school teaches one how to schedule for unscheduled events, not be a pussy, and operate on little sleep.
:larry: Taking a Business Law 101 class at community college doesn't count as law school.

And lol @ everyone jumping back off the Delmon Young bandwagon already.
Myjah wrote:It's kind of hard for me to talk about that first Twins home game. EASILY the worst game I went to this year, and it had nothing to do with the Twins or the Yankees. Twins fans at Target Field are just the worst. On Wednesday, after the Yankees scored, the stadium went DEAD.

Not only that, but the family in front of me got mad at me for cheering. They got mad at me for cheering for the Twins, during a Twins home playoff game. The girl even shoved a Homer Hanky in her ear to show how annoyed she was listening to me still cheering.

This was beyond demoralizing. I've been to hundreds of Twins games--81 season tickets since 2002--and I could count the games I've left early on one hand. You all know how much of a homer I am. I got up and left before the game was even over--and it had nothing to do with the Yankees or the Twins. It was the bullshit fans. Even tonight on the radio they were talking about how bad last night's fans were.

God I miss the Metrodome.
Give me shit for leaving an extra-inning regular season game on a weekday and then you leave a playoff game early?
Female Faggot.
Wow, you need to build a bridge and get over it.

I clearly pointed out in my post here that I never leave games early and I'm against it, exactly to emphasize that this was so bad that I did leave early. How did you TOTALLY fail to pick up on that? Idiot.

Besides, my leaving the game early was due to the shittyness of the fans sitting around me, who were mad at me for CHEERING for the Twins. And I lied. I didn't leave the game early. I just left my awesome first base seats, went to the standing room only section behind right field, watched until the last pitch, and then turned around, went out the gate right there, and immediately got on a bus.
I <3 Employee.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

peanut butter wrote:
Philaflava wrote:
peanut butter wrote:
Reason wrote:timmy's performance could arguably be more impressive than halladay's

it's just that the braves lineup isn't very scary
Yeah I wouldnt go that far, Halladay's game was as good as it gets. But Tim's performance was better than some of the other no hitters that were thrown this year, like Edwin Jackson walking 25 Rays on his way to getting one. And 14Ks against a lineup with Infante, Heyward, McCann, Lee and Alex Gonzalez ain't no fucking joke.

PEACE
The Reds lead in HR, RBI, runs and what BA this year? let's not act like Roy pitched a no hitter to the Stros. While strikes outs are sexy, Roy pretty much didn't allow 1 hit, let alone something close to being a hit. He was on another level the entire game and did it with fewer pitches and an amazing 1st strike ratio.
You're preaching to the choir, brotha. What Halladay did is on a whole 'nother echelon. I wasnt exaggerating when I said that was one of the five best things I've ever seen as a sports fan. I'm not here to compare what he and Tim did. Obviously Halladay was superior, as he has been all year. I just don't want to see Tim's game get lost in the mix, because what he did was damn impressive as well. And I will stand by saying that I'd rather have Tim's game last night than Edwin Jackson's no hitter.

PEACE
I didn't meant that towards you. I was co-signing your shit and just adding on. Sorry for the confusion.

Myjah

Post by Myjah »

eternalreflection wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:
jredd109 wrote:lots of bad calls that have significant impact on the games so far this postseason. can we get some robot umps now please.

posey - steals second, clearly tagged out. goes on to score the only run of the game.

young - doesn't really check his swing. neither the home or first base ump calls it, homers next pitch

pavano - clearly strikes out berkman, called a ball. berkman hits rbi double

yankees right fielder - makes shoe-string catch, called for trapping the ball. coulda been significant had the twins cashed the run.
At the risk of sounding like a homer, what was clearly a ball was called a strike earlier in that AB.

The umpire had a bad strike zone all night
yeah it was frustrating till I saw the pitch location chart and strike 2 was clearly a ball, ump had a shitty day for sure

"Twins misgivings about umps were justified" By Jeff Passan (usually pretty good) http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=j ... ires100710:
Hereג€™s what can be said about the pitch to Berkman: It was a strike ג€“ in plain view, in slow motion and captured by the cameras of the Pitchf/x system that provides data on every pitch thrown today in the major leagues. Pitchf/x is the enemy of umpires because it holds them accountable and highlights their mistakes. And Thursday night, Hunter Wendelstedt made an unconscionable number of errors for a playoff umpire.

It wasnג€™t just the Berkman pitch. Wendelstedtג€™s strike zone was askew all night. A website called Brooks Baseball takes the Pitchf/x data and filters it by pitcher, at-bat and even umpire. With the umpiring data, the site calibrates each at-bat to reflect a hitterג€™s height, then puts out a data plot showing his accuracy on balls and strikes.

The Berkman pitch was one of 31 wrong calls by Wendelstedt. Thirteen other times he called a ball on a pitch inside the strike zone, one of them on a cutter to Derek Jeter(notes) that literally was in the center of the strike zone, at the belt, halving the plate. And 17 times ג€“ most of them actually benefitting Pavano ג€“ Wendelstedt called a strike on a pitch outside the zone.

This is not normal. It is not close. In the Atlanta-San Francisco game Thursday, Dana DeMuth missed nine calls. With Texas-Tampa Bay, Jim Wolf was wrong 12 times. Both were reasonable. Both, too, are good umpires.

The ball was a strike and Wendelstedt is simply bad at his job, but in the end of the day I don't really think it matters. That one call is not the reason the Twins didn't win.
I <3 Employee.

Dwight Strawberry

Post by Dwight Strawberry »

LOL @ Jay Bruce

Reds don't deserve to win shit

Chapman did a nice job over powering Howard though.

Joe Pesci

Post by Joe Pesci »

The Reds' season just ended with that safe call at second base and the subsequent defensive abortion.

Their right fielder pulled a Holliday even better than Holliday did himself.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Dwight Strawberry wrote:LOL @ Jay Bruce

Reds don't deserve to win shit

Chapman did a nice job over powering Howard though.
Gay Bruce did have a rocket shot; however fuck him.

I swear watching Chapman pitch was like watching Rocky vs. Drago. It took a little time but they beat him.

Jayou Ayen

Post by Jayou Ayen »

I should hate the Reds for what they did to the A's in 1990, but I'm sad for them. That error killed them.

Take it up with Gloss, you White Piece of Shit.

Gregg Popabitch

Post by Gregg Popabitch »

lol, umpires stay trying to screw the Braves.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Jayou Ayen wrote:I should hate the Reds for what they did to the A's in 1990, but I'm sad for them. That error killed them.

The sweep still haunts me when I'm dreaming. Fucking Joe Oliver ass.

Gregg Popabitch

ankiel just shitted on you

peanut butter and jelly time

<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pN6wHvAtVY8?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pN6wHvAtVY8?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

Gilbert Subpoenas wrote:ankiel just shitted on you
The team shitted itself. When you blow a three run lead due to relief pitchers (Romo) walking runners, make fielding errors with men on base (Pablo), ground in to bases loaded double plays (Posey), or your manager finally decides that a playoff game is the best time for your closer to get his first six run save...the team is not going to win. The Braves deserve credit for taking advantage of the opportunities the Giants left them. But the Giants shit the bed last night and they deserved to lose.

PEACE

Joe Pesci

Post by Joe Pesci »

If the Rangers didn't have Cliff Lee tomorrow I'd be worried after tonight if I was a Rangers fan.

But they do have him, he will be dominant, and tonight's bullpen meltdown will be forgotten for the time being.

Also, nice first inning for teh phranchise

eternalreflection
I'll Just STFU Now!

Post by eternalreflection »

you should clearly root for Texas, if Texas had swept it'd be closer but now with them having to use Lee again its a lot better for the yanks

so much for MN going down with a fight :(

Joe Pesci

Post by Joe Pesci »

Kerry Wood making some slapdick pitches right now

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

8 more to go
Nets 2022

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

Sergio Romo must die

PEACE

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

The Giants need to send a thank you card to Brooks Conrad after this series. HOOOOOLY shit. Much appreciated kid. Keep up the good work.

PEACE

Sylissez

Post by Sylissez »

We got this.

:ring:

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

Sooo fucking perfect that Scottie LOL-en strikes out to end the series. Karma is a bitch you faggot.

Hamels was in ace mode tonight. Still a bit worried that our bats haven't woken up yet but I'll take it. The NLCS can't come soon enough.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Hopefully the week will help J-Roll and the others who have suffered a bit in health. Imagine how dangerous we are if the bats start coming around?

blessingindisguise

Post by blessingindisguise »

I'm pushing for a phillies or giants vs. rangers world series. Where the aces and sluggers have to somehow find compromise. On side note Billy wagner had a very solid career as a reliever but was never given his props. Shame hall of fame so hard on relievers him, franco, and my nigga Lee smith should all be in there.

Praverb

Post by Praverb »

freaking Brooks Conrad wow

citizen

Post by citizen »

4 runs in 3 games, pretty sad

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

Giants starters in three playoff games:

Game 1:
T. Lincecum: 9.0 IP 2H 0R 1BB 14K

Game 2:
M. Cain: 6.2IP 7H 1R (0 ER) 2BB 6K

Game 3:
J. Sanchez: 7.1IP 2H 1R 1BB 11K

MadBaum tonight FTW

PEACE

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

peanut butter wrote:Giants starters in three playoff games:

Game 1:

Game 2:

Game 3:

MadBaum tonight FTW

PEACE
Phillies gave up the fewest hits in a best-of-5 series ever.

PEACE

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

Tommy Bunz wrote:

Game 1:

Game 2:

Game 3:

MadBaum tonight FTW

PEACE

PEACE
Starting staff? Or staff w/ bullpen combined? Cuz Giants starters have been great obviously but their pen has fucked them over twice (Sergio Romo, you faggot).

PEACE

Gregg Popabitch

Tommy Bunz wrote:

Game 1:

Game 2:

Game 3:

MadBaum tonight FTW

PEACE

PEACE
man, why you trying to piss on this guy's parade for?

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

Gilbert Subpoenas wrote:
Tommy Bunz wrote:

Game 1:

Game 2:

Game 3:

MadBaum tonight FTW

PEACE

PEACE
man, why you trying to piss on this guy's parade for?
shits and giggles?

(PB, our entire staff gave up 11 hits in the series)

Gregg Popabitch

eternalreflection wrote:you should clearly root for Texas, if Texas had swept it'd be closer but now with them having to use Lee again its a lot better for the yanks

so much for MN going down with a fight :(
I am definitely rooting for texas. Because the Yanks would face Cliff Lee less hopefully and also because the Yanks were .500 against them during the year. The yanks won 8 and lost 10 against the Rays. Their athleticism really gives us problems.

However, the last time the Yanks faced texas, they got swept.