OFFICIAL NBA 2010-2011 THREAD

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

lol at lin having 5 fouls in like 12 minutes
Nets 2022

VideoKilledThe

Post by VideoKilledThe »

Kobe's diminishing athleticism has made him a better teammate.

Big Breeze

Post by Big Breeze »

The Lakers have been toying with the Warriors since they stepped on the court.

All of the games today have been snooze worthy.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

last two posts :cheers:

kobe could average 10 apg in his sleep if he wanted. if he DID, :ohsh:
Nets 2022

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Big Breeze wrote:Matt Barnes has played for every team in the Pacific Division :ohsh: .

LO has a double-double in the first half and his 3rd of the season. With him playing for the US this summer, it's made his game more stronger at the beginning of the season. That hasn't been the case for the majority of his career.

The Warriors without Steph Curry tonight are janky. The Warriors with Steph Curry are janky.

The Pacific Division will not be much of a challenge for the Lake Show this season. Phoenix is the only team with any shot at perhaps getting a sniff at the 8th seed and that's about as real as it will get for them.
I wouldn't say the Warriors with Curry in the lineup are janky. They looked really, really good in their first couple of games. Curry, Monta and David Lee have kind of meshed well together. Lee and Monta looked great on p n r's last night. They won't make the playoff's or anything, but don't sell them short...yet.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

^^
if this were a video game and fatigue was turned off the warriors would lead the nba in scoring and win 35 games for real

unfortunately there's this thing in the nba called a bench. add that to the fact that g-state has no real defense and you're relatively janky

but dorell wright is better than i thought. though reggie williams is worse than i though. then again this is just through 3 games
Nets 2022

Big Breeze

Post by Big Breeze »

Kobe trusts his teammates a lot more this year. Shannon Brown has improved his game. Matt Barnes is good all-around baller and has contributed hustle, defense, attitude and key offense.

Let's not forget Steve Blake in the triangle too :lol: . His 3 at the end of the Houston game and defense on the last shot helped seal the victory.

VideoKilledThe

Post by VideoKilledThe »

Cool little factoid about the Texans Andre Johnson being a really good high school hoop player, but not good enough to make the varsity squad with Steve Blake and Udonis Haslem that won State. Also the same hs that produce Atari Bigby and Roscoe Parrish.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

Big Breeze wrote:Kobe trusts his teammates a lot more this year. Shannon Brown has improved his game. Matt Barnes is good all-around baller and has contributed hustle, defense, attitude and key offense.

Let's not forget Steve Blake in the triangle too :lol: . His 3 at the end of the Houston game and defense on the last shot helped seal the victory.
yea but let's be honest he's not filling up the assists column dishing it to barnes and brown

he's been giving it to pau a lot so far...and just in general he doesn't go outside the offense to make his own shot at the expense of teammates as much so far this season. and i love it
Nets 2022

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Reason wrote: but dorell wright is better than i thought. though reggie williams is worse than i though. then again this is just through 3 games
lol exactly what I've been thinking.

I also like what Brandan Wright has been doing early on.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

Positive A wrote:
Reason wrote: but dorell wright is better than i thought. though reggie williams is worse than i though. then again this is just through 3 games
lol exactly what I've been thinking.

I also like what Brandan Wright has been doing early on.
yea i totally wish i drafted/picked up wright in all my leagues in the latest rounds/off fa list
Nets 2022

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

I LOVE Caracter's game.

Big Breeze

Post by Big Breeze »

Positive A wrote:
Big Breeze wrote:Matt Barnes has played for every team in the Pacific Division :ohsh: .

LO has a double-double in the first half and his 3rd of the season. With him playing for the US this summer, it's made his game more stronger at the beginning of the season. That hasn't been the case for the majority of his career.

The Warriors without Steph Curry tonight are janky. The Warriors with Steph Curry are janky.

The Pacific Division will not be much of a challenge for the Lake Show this season. Phoenix is the only team with any shot at perhaps getting a sniff at the 8th seed and that's about as real as it will get for them.
I wouldn't say the Warriors with Curry in the lineup are janky. They looked really, really good in their first couple of games. Curry, Monta and David Lee have kind of meshed well together. Lee and Monta looked great on p n r's last night. They won't make the playoff's or anything, but don't sell them short...yet.
Not that the preseason is everything, but the Lakers and the Warriors played each other twice at the end of the preseason. In the 2nd game, I saw Monta go off for like 42 points or some shit. His game was similar to what he did in the 46 point game at the beginning of the season, except he cooled off considerably in the 4th quarter and overtime of the preseason game.

The Western Conference is a little down this year, but the Warriors have no chance at making the playoffs. Yes the season is early, but after looking at the Warriors a few times, it's safe to say that they will be at the bottom of the team defensive categories. They have nobody who can slow the opposing teams bigs down. NOBODY! They will be in some shootouts with their offensive fire power with Curry, Ellis, Lee and whoever else wants to contribute, but they will most definitely be competing for a prime lottery selection spot next year.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

Big Breeze wrote:
Positive A wrote:

Not that the preseason is everything, but the Lakers and the Warriors played each other twice at the end of the preseason. In the 2nd game, I saw Monta go off for like 42 points or some shit. His game was similar to what he did in the 46 point game at the beginning of the season, except he cooled off considerably in the 4th quarter and overtime of the preseason game.
It's different when you have Curry passing to you/creating space for you. It helps.
Big Breeze wrote: The Western Conference is a little down this year, but the Warriors have no chance at making the playoffs. Yes the season is early, but after looking at the Warriors a few times, it's safe to say that they will be at the bottom of the team defensive categories. They have nobody who can slow the opposing teams bigs down. NOBODY! They will be in some shootouts with their offensive fire power with Curry, Ellis, Lee and whoever else wants to contribute, but they will most definitely be competing for a prime lottery selection spot next year.
Thanks, Captain Obvious. Also, :lastweek:, tweak and i've been sayin they're a shitty lottery team since preseason thread, say something new
Last edited by Reason on Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nets 2022

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

Positive A wrote:I LOVE Caracter's game.
is it me or would he get like 25 mpg on a shitty eastern squad and put up some points in the paint
Nets 2022

Big Breeze

Post by Big Breeze »

Reason wrote:
Big Breeze wrote:Kobe trusts his teammates a lot more this year. Shannon Brown has improved his game. Matt Barnes is good all-around baller and has contributed hustle, defense, attitude and key offense.

yea but let's be honest he's not filling up the assists column dishing it to barnes and brown

he's been giving it to pau a lot so far...and just in general he doesn't go outside the offense to make his own shot at the expense of teammates as much so far this season. and i love it
The plan in the beginning of the season according to Phil Jackson has been for Pau Gasol to be the featured member of the triangle while Kobe is strengthing his knee. Kobe is still being Kobe by going outside of the triangle to get his points in isolations, but he hasn't been as agressive, which I'm embracing too.

It looks like Kobe is gearing himself up for the playoffs. It's a long season and he's a veteran and he knows what he's setting himself up to accomplish. He's still a bitch ass nigga too, but I am grateful that he plays for my squad :lol: .

Big Breeze

Post by Big Breeze »

Reason wrote:
Big Breeze wrote:
Positive A wrote:

It's different when you have Curry passing to you/creating space for you. It helps.
Big Breeze wrote: The Western Conference is a little down this year, but the Warriors have no chance at making the playoffs. Yes the season is early, but after looking at the Warriors a few times, it's safe to say that they will be at the bottom of the team defensive categories. They have nobody who can slow the opposing teams bigs down. NOBODY! They will be in some shootouts with their offensive fire power with Curry, Ellis, Lee and whoever else wants to contribute, but they will most definitely be competing for a prime lottery selection spot next year.
Thanks, Captain Obvious. Also, :lastweek:, tweak and i've been sayin they're a shitty lottery team since preseason thread, say something new
It is what is though. Positive A seems to think that they are not janky.

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

They posted this on eightpointsnineseconds, but this one is for rzn:

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4LxZH6AbMQQ&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4LxZH6AbMQQ&hl ... &version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Maurice Lucas, the starting power forward on the Portland Trail Blazersג€™ only NBA championship team, passed away Sunday at the age of 58 after a long battle with bladder cancer, according to a report in The Oregonian.

Lucas ג€” also known as ג€œThe Enforcerג€ during his playing days, played for six teams over a 12-year NBA career that began in 1976 and ended in 1988 with the Trail Blazers.

Lucas had been battling bladder cancer for the past two years. He was an assistant coach for the Blazers when he had surgery in April of 2009. Lucas appeared to be recovering when he suffered a relapse that hospitalized him in November of 2009.

Lucas, a five-time All-Star, had his No. 20 retired by the Blazers. He was the teamג€™s second-leading scorer and rebounder to Bill Walton on the 1976-1977 NBA Championship team. Walton has called Lucas ג€œThe greatest Trail Blazer of All-Time.ג€

Lucas is survived by his wife, Pamela, sons David and Maurice II and daughter Kristin.
Oh shit.

Rip to Mo. Legend status.

Big Breeze

Post by Big Breeze »

R.I.P to Maurice Lucas. Bill Walton named Luke Walton after him.

David Lucas was a solid player at Oregon St. too.

Jayou Ayen

Post by Jayou Ayen »

Hopefully Thun doesn't read this thread.
RIP,

Take it up with Gloss, you White Piece of Shit.

Fuckin' A

Post by Fuckin' A »

:rofl: @ Rondo
Last edited by Fuckin' A on Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

an-also

Post by an-also »

:lol: rondo

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

Fuckin' A wrote:Image

:rofl: @ Rondo
HAHAHAHAHAHHAHA
Nets 2022

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

Positive A wrote:They posted this on eightpointsnineseconds, but this one is for rzn:

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4LxZH6AbMQQ&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4LxZH6AbMQQ&hl ... &version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

:cheers:

it's hilariously painful though that psycho t cannot separate himself from mcroberts enoguh to wrest away more pt. hilarious. painful.
Nets 2022

Big Breeze

Post by Big Breeze »

Reason wrote:though reggie williams is worse than i though. then again this is just through 3 games
Reggie Williams got game. He played his way into the NBA from the D-League last year and had some really solid games to go through 2 10-day contracts to stick. He can fill it up when he gets minutes. Can't explained what happened last night, but none of the Warriors brought out last night.

When I first saw him in the league last year, I thought he was the son of the O.G Reggie Williams from Georgetown and the Clippers. Turns out there is no relation.

Big Breeze

Post by Big Breeze »

LOS ANGELES -- Kobe Bryant is back at 100 percent. If you believe him.

Immediately after the Los Angeles Lakers' 107-83 win over the Golden State Warriors on Sunday, Bryant told a FOX Sports West reporter during an interview shown on the Staples Center video board that he is all the way back from offseason surgery to his right knee and didn't want to be asked about it again.

Bryant was later asked if his statement was accurate by reporters in the locker room and he stood by it.

"Yes, so leave me the hell alone about my [expletive] knee," Bryant said.

Lakers head coach Phil Jackson saw it another way.

"I'm pleased with the progress of Kobe, it looks like his offense is coming along," Jackson said after Bryant scored 20 points on efficient 8-for-16 shooting. "Defensively he is still working on some things that he has to get done with his strength and base.

"He's not 100 percent, but that's nice of him to say it."

Bryant did not care for Jackson's assessment.

"I'm 100 percent, I don't give a [expletive] what he says," Bryant said with a laugh. "Leave me alone about my knee. I'm fine."

After the Lakers' first preseason game Bryant admitted his knee was only 60 percent healed, and Jackson aimed to hold Bryant to less than 20 minutes a night throughout the exhibition schedule.

Jackson said he would not play Bryant "heavy minutes" a few days before the Lakers opened up the regular season against the Houston Rockets, but Bryant averaged 35.5 minutes in the Lakers' first two games before playing only 27 minutes in the Lakers' rout on Sunday, sitting out the entire fourth quarter with the team holding a comfortable lead.

Bryant is averaging 24 points, 6.3 rebounds and four assists through the first three games of the season and Los Angeles is 3-0.
So not only is Kobe a fag, but he's a liar too. :arrow:

duhbreez

Post by duhbreez »

Hayzoos wrote:Derrick Rose leading the league with 33.5 PPG and Joakim Noah leading the league with 18 RPG

:bow:
i want to see him put those numbers up against the Blazers D 2night!

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

Big Breeze wrote:
Reason wrote:though reggie williams is worse than i though. then again this is just through 3 games
Reggie Williams got game. He played his way into the NBA from the D-League last year and had some really solid games to go through 2 10-day contracts to stick. He can fill it up when he gets minutes. Can't explained what happened last night, but none of the Warriors brought out last night.

When I first saw him in the league last year, I thought he was the son of the O.G Reggie Williams from Georgetown and the Clippers. Turns out there is no relation.
word g-state forced his hand by making him play some hybrid pg/sf position with curry out. not entirely his fault he failed miserably especially on the road against the lakeshow
Nets 2022

MF ZACK

Post by MF ZACK »

Give us 2 months, and Phoenix will be back on it's feet.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Gt9BqNhp6JA?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Gt9BqNhp6JA?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>