NFL Week 14 Thread

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

alpha

Post by alpha »

Nl5H wrote:
alpha wrote:
naturalborn103 wrote:
Nl5H wrote: NFC- D. Jax, crabtree, r white, calvin johnson
Why?
Nl5H wrote:
Kid That's Lifeless wrote:
Nl5H wrote:NFC- mccoy, s. jackson, turner
Uhhhh... AP?
i am not that big of a fan of AP, or the vikings in general.
he's not voting on merit.
yes, crabtree definitely wasn't on merit...that was more me being a fan i didn't feel comfortable picking jennings and not driver, or colston and the other great receivers on the saints.

mccoy was chosen because he's a better pass catching back then ap is, as is steven jackson. i know that's not the way the vikings offense operates but i really don't care. being a running back behind a huge offensive line is great, but you have to be able to pass catch as well. plus, peterson will get in without my vote.

no one seems to be mad that i put charles in over chris johnson...
I can get behind that. plus, i'm too lazy to look up their stats. edit:
AP 233 att 1123 yds. 4.8ypc 11tds. 33 rec 332 yards 1td
S-Jax 260 att 985 yds 4 tds 30 rec 250 yds 0 tds
turner 247 att 1062 yrds 8tds 11 rec 73 yds
mccoy 163 att 823 yds 7 tds 67 rec 534 yds 2tds

:killacam: Mccoy plays in that pass happy Iggles O. their backs always get receptions.

and Charles>Chris Johnson this year.

jamrage

Post by jamrage »

Well there's a make up call for crushing Vick out of bounds earlier.
[i]Styles can be applied quickly to selected text.[/i]

jamrage

Post by jamrage »

Actually I guess that was a legit helmet to helmet.
[i]Styles can be applied quickly to selected text.[/i]

Joe Pesci

Post by Joe Pesci »

stupidregister wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:@stupidregister, the whole new franchise qb thing is hyperbole. We all know Sanchez will be the Jets QB through at least the end of next season before they start looking to make a change.
Okay, okay. You seem like a smart dude so don't make me lump you in with all the other meatball NY fans. As long as you don't do it again...
Joe Pesci wrote:They wouldn't beat the Panthers playing like this.
Godammit.
Can't win if you can't score my friend.

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/h32GjasxOvU?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/h32GjasxOvU?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Stay classy NY

stupidregister

Post by stupidregister »

I dig that Fouts calls it out for what it is, no pussyfooting around it.
Quality stitched MLB, NBA, NFL, and soccer jerseys: https://www.etsy.com/shop/FanJerseyz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

an-also

Post by an-also »

wow

VideoKilledThe

Post by VideoKilledThe »

Niners are still alive for the playoffs. We'll probably lose next week to the Chargers, but finish the year @Rams, then home to the Cards.

7-9, with a 5-1 division record would give us the tie breaker and a playoff berth.

alpha

Post by alpha »

VideoKilledThe wrote:Niners are still alive for the playoffs. We'll probably lose next week to the Chargers, but finish the year @Rams, then home to the Cards.

7-9, with a 5-1 division record would give us the tie breaker and a playoff berth.
alpha wrote: -all over my facebook is "9ers gonna beat down the Chargers" and "playoffs, almost there." 9er fans are so fucking stupid. No, they wont even come close against the Chargers. More winning=more Singletary. Tanking is your best option so you have a chance at a franchise QB in the draft next season. :smh:

VideoKilledThe

Post by VideoKilledThe »

I would never cheer against my team.

If management can't see that we need to make a change at headcoach, then we need a change in management.

Besides the only QB I'd want is Luck, and since we aren't getting the 1st pick that ain't happening.

godmc

Post by godmc »

D JAX

followed by a pretty pick by patterson.

Nl5H

Post by Nl5H »

VideoKilledThe wrote:I would never cheer against my team.

If management can't see that we need to make a change at headcoach, then we need a change in management.

Besides the only QB I'd want is Luck, and since we aren't getting the 1st pick that ain't happening.
:cheers:

fo sho... as far as qb goes, maybe they'll give a smith and t smith small contracts to stay on, waive carr... and maybe pick up another veteran qb.

REALLY , i think troy smith has it, he just needs time to work with the rest of the team. he needs to develop some touch on his throw. alex played good tonight, but next week the 49ers have a real test. if the chargers dont have gates playing, we have a chance.

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

D Jax got this team on his back.

Sylissez

Post by Sylissez »

lol@Vick&DeSean's post-game interview. Ol' Rowan&Martin's laugh in lookin ass dudes.

BigCat8

Post by BigCat8 »

Ramen wrote:D Jax got this team on his back.
"Let's go inside da mind of a DESEAN JACKSON..."

Hell of a game. Our secondary looks horrible, especially without Asante. DJax outran the Cowboys on a gimpy ankle and LeSean McCoy stepped up big-time in the second half. Didn't get many carries in the first half, but made the most of his second half opportunities. Also, Todd Herremans is the fucking man.

Really sucked to see Stewart Bradley injured in such a grotesque fashion. I'd say he's (arguably) the heart and soul of our young defense. Didn't look like one you spring right back from. Graham just had a wonky misstep kind of injury, so hopefully it's just a minor setback, something like a sprain at worst.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

random andre johnson fact:

While at Miami, Johnson also ran for UM's track and field team. In 2002, he won the Big East 60 meter dash (6.83 seconds) at the Big East Indoor Championship and followed that up by winning the 100 meter dash (10.59 seconds) at the Big East Outdoor Championships.

:ohsh:
Nets 2022

Sylissez

Post by Sylissez »

BigCat8 wrote:
Ramen wrote:D Jax got this team on his back.
LeSean McCoy stepped up big-time in the second half. Didn't get many carries in the first half, but made the most of his second half opportunities.
Shady is cementing himself as one of the best under-the-radar backs in the league. I remember them calling him a baby Westbrook when they drafted him, and he's been that for sure. Duce coaching him has definitely improved his vision and between the tackles game.

Also, I want a remake of the Odd Couple starring DeSean and Andy Reid NOW.

Nl5H

Post by Nl5H »

i'm glad mccoy really stepped it up in the second half. really justifies my AP pro bowl snub right now :)

however, im sure peterson will put up like 200 yards and 3 tds tomorrow then i'll feel like a jack ass.

ThaJim2

Post by ThaJim2 »

Reason wrote:random andre johnson fact:

While at Miami, Johnson also ran for UM's track and field team. In 2002, he won the Big East 60 meter dash (6.83 seconds) at the Big East Indoor Championship and followed that up by winning the 100 meter dash (10.59 seconds) at the Big East Outdoor Championships.

:ohsh:
And yet his combine time was 4.41 so his average time over 20 meters was 2.2 seconds at the combine and yet with a proper track start, racing against peers with more time at peak speed his average 20 meters was 2.27. Just my rant on how fucked up the combine times really are.

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

Kid That's Lifeless

Post by Kid That's Lifeless »

Desean Jackson is the man. That shit had me dying.

alpha

Post by alpha »

Kid That's Lifeless wrote:Desean Jackson is the man. That shit had me dying.
yes, I love when players clown on the 'boys.

Kid That's Lifeless

Post by Kid That's Lifeless »

alpha wrote:
Kid That's Lifeless wrote:Desean Jackson is the man. That shit had me dying.
yes, I love when players clown on the 'boys.
If I'm a Cowboys fan, I'd be disappointed in Terrence Newman for not going Andre Johnson on Desean. He just punked you in your house. George Teague knows what I'm talking about.

Trademark
oil baron swaggasaurus

Post by Trademark »

Matt Hasselbeck needs to go after this season!! I'm sick of watching this seahawks team. They have been all over the map this season, I can hardly hang on for the ride. One week we are beating the bears at soldier field (which I guess isn't too impressive after yesterday) and then they lose to the fucking lowly ass 49ers after blowing them out in week 1. I know the hawks are good at home and suck on the road but this shit is getting silly...

Joe Pesci

Post by Joe Pesci »

naturalborn103 wrote:<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/h32GjasxOvU?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/h32GjasxOvU?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Stay classy NY
Yes because one random schmuck represents the whole organization.

I guarantee if that asshole hasn't already been fired he will be very soon.

PopeyeJones

Post by PopeyeJones »

Joe Pesci wrote:

Nah, one random schmuck doesn't represent the organization. This random schmuck is seen to be indicative of the more general demeanor that your head coach has done everything he can to publicize. Rex Ryan has done everything he can to create a public persona for the Jets as the 2010 version of the 1970s Raiders. You gotta take the good with the bad on that one, man. You guys are all about being bad asses. If a Lions trainer did it we'd think of it as weird and isolated. Not the Jets, though. And fairly so. You can't celebrate your team's intentional public persona as a bunch of brash bad asses and then complain when that reputation bites you in the ass.

DLG

Post by DLG »

http://gothamist.com/2010/12/13/jets_co ... onally.php

The Dolphins are livid after Jets conditioning coach Sal Alosi tripped Miami cornerback Nolan Carroll as he was running out of bounds during yesterday's game (video below). The move added to the shame of the Jets' loss; Dolphins linebacker Channing Crowder told ESPN, "They're cheaters. They do what they do. They cheat. They talk junk. But we beat the hell out of them today...I wish they'd tripped me. I'd have broken that old man's leg." Running back Ricky Williams said, "It's the Jets right? We're not surprised." Alosi has also released this statement:

I made a mistake that showed a total lapse in judgment. My conduct was inexcusable and unsportsmanlike and does not reflect what this organization stands for. I spoke to Coach [Tony] Sparano and Nolan Carroll to apologize before they took off. I have also apologized to Woody [Johnson], Mike [Tannenbaum] and Rex [Ryan]. I accept responsibility for my actions as well as any punishment that follows.

Video shows Alosi leaning with his left knee out in Carroll's path, tripping Carroll as Alosi's knee hit his thigh. Carroll said, "I just remember running and then next thing I know I'm on the ground, 'What happened?' I remember I split the double-team and after that couldn't tell you what happened." The Dolphins are calling for Alosi to be suspended or fired. Defensive end Kendall Langford said, "I think he should get fined. We get fined for illegal stuff. Why can't the coaches?" Sparano said they would submit the play to the NFL for review, but the Jets will probably need to do more than bury the game ball to recover from this.

PopeyeJones

Post by PopeyeJones »

alpha wrote: Tanking is your best option so you have a chance at a franchise QB in the draft next season. :smh:
Hate this logic.

1) why would Sing want to tank when it's his job on the line?
2) why would players want to tank when they're playing for contracts based on their performances?
3) why would the owners want to tank when they're trying to get a stadium built?
4) is it really worth ruining the morale of an entire team in the hopes that you'll draft a franchise QB? They're not getting the #1 pick regardless, and even if they could, whose to say it wouldn't end up being another Alex Smith?

Our best option is to try to make the playoffs. If we do it increases our prestige for FAs and for potential coaches for next year. It greases the stadium process. It brings in revenue. It makes us more competitive with our own FAs. There's no good reason for it.

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

Stats analysis: Breaking down win & streak
December, 13, 2010
Dec 13
11:08
AM ET

By ESPN Stats & Information
On the 28th anniversary of the famous snow plow game between the Patriots and Dolphins, the Patriots clinched a playoff spot and won their 11th straight game with snow falling (includes 3 playoff games, dating back to 2001). Below are more facts and figures from New Englandג€™s 36-7 blowout victory in Chicago:

For Brady and Patriots, the streak goes on

ג€¢ Tom Brady had his 6th straight game of 2 or more touchdowns without an interception, matching an NFL record set by Don Meredith in 1965-66. He has 19 touchdowns and 0 interceptions in his last 8 games and has now thrown 268 straight passes without an interception.
Consecutive Games In NFL History With 2 Pass TD, 0 Int
Year Player Streak
1965-66 Don Meredith 6
2010 Tom Brady 6<<
1983 Joe Theismann 5
>> Active streak
Tom Brady - Last 8 Games
Comp pct 66.4
Pass yds PG 274.4
TD-Int 19-0<<
Passer rtg 117.2
W-L as starter 7-1
>>10 TD passes last 3 games
ג€¢ With all due respect to the Patriotsג€™ points total, Tom Bradyג€™s yardage and Shayne Grahamג€™s streak of consecutive field goals, Sundayג€™s biggest statistical story for New Englandג€”perhaps the biggest in the entire NFLג€”is that the Patriots set an NFL record by committing no turnovers for a fifth consecutive game in their 36ג€“7 rout of the Bears. And they did it under difficult circumstances, battling snowy conditions and freezing temperatures at Soldier Field. (Elias Sports Bureau)

ג€¢ Before allowing a second-half Bears touchdown Sunday, New England had scored 14 touchdowns without allowing any, dating back to the third quarter of the Patriotsג€™ 45ג€“24 win at Detroit two weeks ago and including last weekג€™s 45ג€“3 rout of the Jets and the first half of Sundayג€™s win at Chicago. Only one other team in the last 20 years scored 14 ג€œunanswered TDsג€ in one season (that is, regardless of any other scoring on field goals or safeties): the Eagles in 2004. (Elias Sports Bureau)

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow

ג€¢ The 33-point halftime deficit was the WORST first-half deficit in Bears history (previous worst was 31, done most recently on Oct. 31, 1999 vs Redskins)
Patriots First-Half Scores In Last 3 Snow Games
2010 33-0 Bears
2009 45-0 Titans
2008 31-0 Cardinals
<
Snow doesnג€™t deter Bradyג€™s frozen ropes
ג€¢ NEXT-LEVEL: Tom Brady has posted a perfect 158.3 passer rating on throws at least 15 yards downfield in four of his last five games, including Sunday against the Bears. Brady was 5-for-6 for 140 yards and a touchdown against Chicago on throws at least 15 yards downfield.
Tom Brady Passing 15+ Yards Downfield - 2010 Season
1st 8 Games Last 5 Games
Comp pct 37.5 66.7
Yards/att 11.2 18.1
TD-Int 3-4 6-0
Passer rtg 65.2 149.3
ג€¢ NEXT-LEVEL: Since 2009, Tom Brady had struggled throwing the ball downfield in games in which the temperature was 30 degrees or colder. In 3 such games entering Sunday, Brady completed just 18.8 pct of his passes and averaged only 4.4 yds per attempt. On Sunday, Brady was 5-6 on passes of 15 or more yards and averaged more than 23.3 yds per attempt.
Tom Brady on Passes of 15+ Yards; 30 Degrees or colder, Since 2009
1st 3 Games Sunday
Comp pct 18.8 83.3
Yds per att 4.4 23.3
Passer rtg 45.6 158.3<<
>>Perfect passer rtg
Four not a magic number for Bears against Patriots
ג€¢ NEXT-LEVEL: Tom Brady did not shy away from the challenge of throwing into a crowded Chicago secondary on Sunday. Entering Week 14, the Bears led the NFL in lowest passer rating allowed when bringing four or fewer on pass rushes this season. Against the Patriots, the Bears allowed their worst such passer rating in their last 18 games.
Bears Pass Defense With 4 or Fewer Rushers - 2010 Season
1st 12 Games Sunday
Comp pct 63.0 71.0
TD-Int 6-13 2-0
Yds/gm 150.4 301.0
Passer rtg 68.8<< 123.2
>>Led NFL
Brady and Cutler differ in the snow
ג€¢ NEXT-LEVEL: Tom Brady and Jay Cutler entered Week 14 ranked one and two in passer rating on passes 10 yards or shorter this season (min. 80 attempts). The two quarterbacks combined to throw 10 yards or shorter 76.9 percent of their attempts on Sunday, with drastically different results.
Passing 10 Yards or Fewer Downfield - Sunday
Brady Cutler
Comp pct 62.5 45.0
Yards/att 6.0 4.2
TD-Int 1-0 0-2
Passer rtg 89.7 17.5
Brady and Gronk continue to shine

ג€¢ NEXT-LEVEL: Entering Week 14, Patriots quarterback Tom Brady and tight end Rob Gronkowski were connecting for an NFL-best 144.9 passer rating (min. 10 attempts). The trend continued Sunday as Brady and Gronk connected on five of six attempts, a touchdown and a 136.1 rating.

Brady left Bears in the cold

ג€¢ NEXT-LEVEL: Patriots quarterback Tom Brady was deadly throwing down the left sideline on Sunday. Brady threw for a season-high 197 yards toward the left sideline, including 94 of Deion Branchג€™s season-high 151 yards. Targeting Branch, Brady was 4-4 for 94 yards, 3 first downs and a touchdown throwing to the left sideline.

Bearsג€™ running game stalls

ג€¢ NEXT-LEVEL: Matt Forte and Chester Taylor combined to run for just 25 yards on 11 rush attempts (2.3 yards per rush) when the Patriots showed seven or fewer defenders in the box on Sunday. Entering Week 14, the Patriots had allowed 4.3 yards per rush to opposing running backs with seven or fewer in the box.
I just hope McCourty is fine. If he is hurt that is a huge blow to the Pats. I thought before Suh was a lock for defensive rookie of the year, but McCourty has a real good shot. I don't remember a rookie CB ever performing as good McCourty has, or Haden for that matter..

Joe Pesci

Post by Joe Pesci »

PopeyeJones wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:

Nah, one random schmuck doesn't represent the organization. This random schmuck is seen to be indicative of the more general demeanor that your head coach has done everything he can to publicize. Rex Ryan has done everything he can to create a public persona for the Jets as the 2010 version of the 1970s Raiders. You gotta take the good with the bad on that one, man. You guys are all about being bad asses. If a Lions trainer did it we'd think of it as weird and isolated. Not the Jets, though. And fairly so. You can't celebrate your team's intentional public persona as a bunch of brash bad asses and then complain when that reputation bites you in the ass.
All I can say is that if the guy isn't fired then I'm dissappointed in Rex Ryan and how he's way too fucking loyal to people who don't deserve loyalty when they pull shit like that