OFFICIAL NBA 2010-2011 THREAD

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

Kid That's Lifeless

Post by Kid That's Lifeless »

McGee should win this, but Griffin is going to get 80% of the fan vote.

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Positive A wrote:Incredibly lame dunk by Blake to clinch it for the 14 year old kids texting their votes...

...gay.

vermillion

Post by vermillion »

Reason wrote:DEROZAN GOT ROBBED

FIRST ROUND SHOULD'VE BEEN HIGHER, THEN SOME FUCKING REJECT GIVES BLAKE'S DUNK A 10
Yeah. Derozan finished his first dunk in 6 tries and went between the legs. He only got a 44, while Griffin got a 45 for doing the exact same thing but a windmill and it took more tries to complete.

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Amazing beginning. Uber gay finish.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

stillk a great contest... but too much gayness overall
Hey, by the way who's Curt?

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

Kevin Garnett has been called a dirty player recently by Suns head coach Alvin Gentry and criticized by director Spike Lee, who said the Celtics power forward cursed at him during a game against the Knicks. Garnett was asked about those comments and he downplayed them during the All-Star media session on Friday in Los Angeles.

"Listen, I don't play for the Phoenix Suns," Garnett told the media, including ESPN Boston. "I could care less about what Spike or whoever else has something to say about me. My organization is happy with what I'm doing, so I could care less.

"I'm a competitor and play hard, but don't call me dirty. Just like, if you dislike me, dislike me. 'Hate' is a strong word, just like 'dirty' is a strong word. It is a different league. It's a more offensive league. I'm sure the league likes to promote offense and it's cool. Don't call me or make me out to be something I'm not."
Nets 2022

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

Isiah Thomas mum on Carmelo Anthony
EmailPrintComments
By Andrew Marchand
ESPNNewYork.com
Archive

Carmelo With LeBron
Carmelo Anthony answers the latest questions about his trade prospects at All-Star weekend. LeBron James decides to weigh in on the situation as well.
Tags: New York Knicks, New Jersey Nets, Carmelo Anthony
VIDEO PLAYLIST

Carmelo With LeBron
The Next Round: Best Player In The NBA
N.Y. SportsCenter
Carmelo Anthony Report
MIAMI --- When asked directly if he is consulting with Knicks owner James Dolan about the Carmelo Anthony trade, Isiah Thomas would not say.

Knicks Blog
Looking for more information on your Knicks? ESPNNewYork.com has you covered. Blog

"I have no comment," Thomas told ESPNNewYork.com after his Florida International University lost to rival Florida Atlantic 80-78 in overtime Saturday to remain in last place in the Sun Belt Conference's East division.

There are have been reports that Dolan is listening to Thomas, a former Knick executive and coach, as much, if not more than the Knicks' current team president Donnie Walsh. With the Nets meeting with Anthony on Saturday, a league source told ESPN.com, it appears as if the Anthony trade could end up being a stare down between New Jersey owner Mikhail Prokhorov and Dolan.

"I don't feel it is my place to comment about any of this stuff," Thomas said. "I want the Knicks to do well and I definitely want Jim to do well."

If Thomas is pulling the strings behind the scenes with Dolan, he is telling the owner that Anthony is a proven winner, who can score with almost anyone in the league.

"He won an NCAA championship," Thomas said. "He's one or the five, six scorers in the league. His teams have always played well. He's a great player."

When asked if, in his opinion, an NBA team could win with two stars, Thomas stayed loyal to his current job.

"I'm in college now," Thomas said. "I'm trying to build a college team. I'll leave the building of an NBA team to the NBA guys."

Thomas also declined to say if he had recently spoken to Walsh. This past offseason, Dolan tried to re-hire Thomas as a consultant, but NBA commissioner David Stern eventually ruled that it would be too big a conflict for Thomas to coach a college team and be a paid consultant.

In a statement after the decision, Dolan seemed to thumb his nose at the ruling.

"Although I'm disappointed that Isiah will not be working with the Knicks as a consultant, I continue to believe in his basketball knowledge, including his ability to judge talent," Dolan said in a statement. "He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team. We wish him continued success at FIU."

Walsh reportedly was not in favor of hiring Thomas at the time. On Saturday night, across the country from Los Angeles, the South Florida arena in which Thomas worked could not have felt further from the All-Star Game. It was in an ideal hot spot, like Los Angeles, but there were 1,531 fans in the 5,000-seat arena.

Minutes before tip-off, the U.S. Century Bank was largely empty as Thomas and Florida Atlantic coach Mike Jarvis shook hands. Jarvis, the former St. John's coach, and Thomas smiled and joked a few moments, Thomas flashing that familiar wide-grin.

Thomas' team, a talented club, is a disappointing 9-17.

During the game, Thomas mostly sat and watched, only rising every once in awhile to point something out to one of his players. In the second half and OT, he became a little more animated, jumping up from his seats and occasionally raising his voice.

The FAU student section mostly heckled the FIU players, but there were a few taunts at Thomas, one referencing his failures with the Knicks.

During his postgame press conference, Thomas sounded as he did on many nights at the Garden, even if the venue looked much different. With only 12 media members listening, Thomas lamented how if he had two of his better young players for the entire season, then things might be different and if his team just made their free throws they wouldn't be in last place.

Always the salesman, Thomas recognized a familiar New York face as he walked into the post-loss press conference. Thomas smiled and said, "FIU is big time."

Not yet, but on the other side of the country, far, far away from the bright lights and melodrama of the All-Star Game, arguably the best little man the NBA may still be having a huge impact on the big time.
Nets 2022

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

Serge got robbed anyone who flushes it from behind the free throw gets a automatic 50.

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »

Ramen wrote:Image
:lol: :copy:

I noticed this.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

:og:
Hey, by the way who's Curt?

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

Moolah wrote:

I noticed this.
Hell yeah. That shit was amazing.

Mo Cheeks

Post by Mo Cheeks »

Gregg Popabitch wrote:
an-also wrote:
The New York Knicks have improved their offer to land Carmelo Anthony(notes), proposing a deal that could give the Denver Nuggets three potential starters for their All-Star forward, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

The Knicks offered a choice of forward Danilo Gallinari(notes) or rookie guard Landry Fields(notes) on Friday, and Denver officials preferred Gallinari, a source with knowledge of the talks said. The proposed deal would send Gallinari, point guard Raymond Felton(notes), forward Wilson Chandler(notes), Eddy Curryג€™s(notes) expiring contract and a first-round pick to the Nuggets for Anthony, point guard Chauncey Billups(notes), Renaldo Balkman and Shelden Williams.

The Knicks have been reluctant to give up Gallinari, but now appear willing to do so after the Nuggets assembled the framework of a blockbuster trade with the New Jersey Nets in recent days. One league source confirmed a New York Daily News report that Knicks owner Jim Dolan had met with Anthony in Los Angeles.

Dolan ג€œis doing everything he can to get him,ג€ the source said.
I don't know how to feel about this.
doesn't matter, Knicks land Melo and they still aint close to being a legitimate contender

Mo Cheeks

Post by Mo Cheeks »

Blockhead wrote:
Moolah wrote:

I noticed this.
Hell yeah. That shit was amazing.
jesus christ at first I thought that was Rick Fox and I was about to burn every piece of sixers memoribilla I own

Mo Cheeks

Post by Mo Cheeks »

Dunk contest was gay as fuck, if I was the dude to follow Griffin I would have told them to pull the car up and dunk over the motherfucker for real

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »

Mo Cheeks wrote:Dunk contest was gay as fuck, if I was the dude to follow Griffin I would have told them to pull the car up and dunk over the motherfucker for real
That's what I was thinking. Only way McGee could have won after that would be to utilise the car too.

Boris.

Post by Boris. »

do not want to hate on your boy blake and all, but Marko Milič did it a lot better in '95.

<object width="480" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Sp7Y5D-HJR0?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Sp7Y5D-HJR0?fs ... l_SI&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="390"></embed></object>

The dunk over the car is around 0:50
If you can't walk the walk, don't talk the talk.

Hayzoos

Post by Hayzoos »

They opened the voting before the dunking even began. Pretty sure Blake already had the crowd in his pocket even before his dunk attempt. There is no way he was gonna lose regardless.
Spottin fools frontin fly

http://www.last.fm/user/fopomofo

Jayou Ayen

Post by Jayou Ayen »

Take it up with Gloss, you White Piece of Shit.

Mo Cheeks

Post by Mo Cheeks »

Jayou Ayen wrote:Image

bahahaha I was thinking he looked like he was having way too much fun then again he looks the same age as them

craig

Post by craig »

:rofl: at chuck picking allen iverson number one in that fantasy draft.

and did anyone else see kenny's wife? she was :ohsh:

VideoKilledThe

Post by VideoKilledThe »

Hayzoos wrote:They opened the voting before the dunking even began.
This. It was bullshit for them to post that before hand, of course Blake won.

Fun dunk contest even if the ending was a let down. Favorite dunk was easily Demar's second.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Curry looks no older than 12. Dunk contest was boring and the word "swag" was said too many times. There was no true excitement and there will never be again. It started with Nique & AJ and ended with VC.

All-Star weekend is boring as fuck.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Kenny Smith looked like Ashy Larry in that suit.

axel foley

Post by axel foley »

^ wait, there were actually people who didn't enjoy this year's contest?

i thought it was highly entertaining. caught my self screaming but then again, i'm easily amused i suppose.

the only shitty thing was the number of attempts.

kenny always looks like he's wearing one of those costume bald caps.

chuck and kenny had me dying as usual.

Big Breeze

Post by Big Breeze »

craig wrote::rofl: at chuck picking allen iverson number one in that fantasy draft.

I didn't see what you are talking about, but I've met Kenny's wife, Gwen in person several times. That's a bad bitch fo real. She's one of Barker's Beauties. I believe she still works for The Prices Is Right, but I don't watch the show. My fiancee used to student teach for Gwen's daughter who had took a liking to her. Eventually, Gwen had my fiancee babysit several times for her when she was dating Kenny. Not in a pervy way, but Gwen's daughter is going to be killing the game when she becomes of age. She's about 15 or so now. She was featured in a T-Mobile commercial recently.

My fiancee had went to their wedding and took one of her girlfriends with her and since she didn't know too many of the people there, she commented to me that there were a bunch of tall black guys and the only ones she recognized were Charles Barkley and Reggie Miller. D-Nice was the DJ and my fiancee was telling me that he kept scratching, "My name is D-Nice." She had no idea who he was either.

I was invited to Kenny and Gwen's house out in Stevenson Ranch to watch the Super Bowl between the Colts and the Bears. Kenny's house is dope as fuck. It sits at the end of a cul-de-sac with a sick view of Magic Mountain and the Santa Clarita Valley. Their wedding had taken place there as well. Kenny lives in the LA area because he has two kids from a previous marriage that live in Valencia, which is near by.

After kicking it with Kenny that day, I have become less harsh at criticizing him with his TNT coverage. Even after all his years at TNT, he still has difficulty getting certain words out and speaking coherently. Chuck is worse, but far more entertaining.

Cool story breaux.

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Big Breeze wrote:
craig wrote::rofl: at chuck picking allen iverson number one in that fantasy draft.

I didn't see what you are talking about, but I've met Kenny's wife, Gwen in person several times. That's a bad bitch fo real. She's one of Barker's Beauties. I believe she still works for The Prices Is Right, but I don't watch the show. My fiancee used to student teach for Gwen's daughter who had took a liking to her. Eventually, Gwen had my fiancee babysit several times for her when she was dating Kenny. Not in a pervy way, but Gwen's daughter is going to be killing the game when she becomes of age. She's about 15 or so now. She was featured in a T-Mobile commercial recently.

My fiancee had went to their wedding and took one of her girlfriends with her and since she didn't know too many of the people there, she commented to me that there were a bunch of tall black guys and the only ones she recognized were Charles Barkley and Reggie Miller. D-Nice was the DJ and my fiancee was telling me that he kept scratching, "My name is D-Nice." She had no idea who he was either.

I was invited to Kenny and Gwen's house out in Stevenson Ranch to watch the Super Bowl between the Colts and the Bears. Kenny's house is dope as fuck. It sits at the end of a cul-de-sac with a sick view of Magic Mountain and the Santa Clarita Valley. Their wedding had taken place there as well. Kenny lives in the LA area because he has two kids from a previous marriage that live in Valencia, which is near by.

After kicking it with Kenny that day, I have become less harsh at criticizing him with his TNT coverage. Even after all his years at TNT, he still has difficulty getting certain words out and speaking coherently. Chuck is worse, but far more entertaining.

Cool story breaux.
Do you want a bucket for all the names you dropped?

Big Breeze

Post by Big Breeze »

As long as says, "Sorry for you that my life is cooler than yours", then you can hook that up for me, player.

alpha

Post by alpha »

Big Breeze wrote:As long as says, "Sorry for you that my life is cooler than yours", then you can hook that up for me, player.
:lol:

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Big Breeze wrote:As long as says, "Sorry for you that my life is cooler than yours", then you can hook that up for me, player.
Pump ya brakes, chubbs. I was just chillin' with Fran Tarkenton and his wife. Lillith Tarkenton. They invited me over for a game of shuffleboard and some Arnold Palmers.