Official 2011 MLB Season Thread

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

Wicked
Location: Bay Area, CA >www.MHzRadio.com< >mixcrate.com/wicked< >wicked22@aol.com<

Post by Wicked »

Kid That's Lifeless wrote:I would much rather have the Yankees run away with the division than the Red Sox. I know that seems ridiculous, but dealing with each team's fans at the Trop and the Yankees have fans that will hate on their own players more than I ever could. That earns respect from me.
haha Yeah man, Yankees fans are pretty fuckin hardcore...
"Wicked = Genuinely loves Hiphop and respects it because he grew up during the time when it wasn't full of southern mongoloids and Lil Wayne rappers. From his mixes you can tell he knows his shit. The problem is, when you are a smart dude preaching to a bunch of fucking morons, you end up getting singled out as the douche."

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

:cheers:
Nets 2022

Kid That's Lifeless

Post by Kid That's Lifeless »

Reason wrote::cheers:
Don't get me wrong, you people are complete assholes and I hope the Yankees blow every year, but when I hear some fat asshole from Staten Island call A-Rod a "fucking queer" in front of his kids, I cannot help but lol. Red Sox fans vomit sunshine and blow faggots such as Lou Merloni and Tim Wakefield... fuck them.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

Kid That's Lifeless wrote:
Don't get me wrong, you people are complete assholes and I hope the Yankees blow every year, but when I hear some fat asshole from Staten Island call A-Rod a "fucking queer" in front of his kids, I cannot help but lol. Red Sox fans vomit sunshine and blow faggots such as Lou Merloni and Tim Wakefield... fuck them.
haha

at least we aren't self-loathing like mets fans
Nets 2022

Kid That's Lifeless

Post by Kid That's Lifeless »

Reason wrote:
Kid That's Lifeless wrote:
haha

at least we aren't self-loathing like mets fans
That is somehting I can :cheers: to.

Stoned Starks

Post by Stoned Starks »

So, Reason, you're a Yanks fan and a Pacers fan. What gives? I'd love to know the intricacies of your fandom (nh).

Wicked
Location: Bay Area, CA >www.MHzRadio.com< >mixcrate.com/wicked< >wicked22@aol.com<

Post by Wicked »

Stoned Starks wrote:So, Reason, you're a Yanks fan and a Pacers fan. What gives? I'd love to know the intricacies of your fandom (nh).
I know. And they are two of the worst teams in all of sports. I hate those two fuckin teams. And I've always been a Knicks fan myself. I liked and followed Ewing for his last 2 years @ Georgetown ('84-'85) when I was 10 and started liking the NBA and the Knicks when they drafted him.
"Wicked = Genuinely loves Hiphop and respects it because he grew up during the time when it wasn't full of southern mongoloids and Lil Wayne rappers. From his mixes you can tell he knows his shit. The problem is, when you are a smart dude preaching to a bunch of fucking morons, you end up getting singled out as the douche."

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

Stoned Starks wrote:So, Reason, you're a Yanks fan and a Pacers fan. What gives? I'd love to know the intricacies of your fandom (nh).
Reason wrote:i'm a jets/yanks fan

but i'm a pacers fan

my introduction to basketball as a fan was the fab five at michigan

jalen rose was my fav player ever

in his junior year, i started watching any bit of basketball on tv, nba/college

in that playoffs in the eastern conference finals, i watched reggie put on one of the great performances in a playoff series ever for a player on the losing team

the night he scored 25 in the 4th quarter, i was jumping up and down with each made shot, goin crazy...i had no allegiance to any teams, so i started loving reggie miller, then the pacers, then in turn hating the knicks...ever since i've been a hardcore pacer fan...i've had plenty of great moments despite never winning a title: the day i learned jalen rose was traded to the pacers (basically at that time my favorite player getting traded to my favorite team, was fucking ridiculously awesome and divine in my young eyes nh), game 4 in orlando against penny/shaq, game 6/taking the bulls to 7 games against jordan/pippen part 2, jonathan bender doing a sick one handed tomahawk effortlessly in garbage minutes in the finals against the lakers, the team as it was RIGHT before that fateful malice in the palace night, beating the knicks in 95, etc.

they seriously did all they could to lose me as a fan ever since larry bird started asserting his will over donnie walsh (who was always slightly overrated to begin with, but solid as fuck), but larry was chris mullin level player-turned-gm bad...there was a year i was rooting for people like fred jones and maceo baston (former wolverine!) and marquis daniels and david harrison and got excited (stupidly) for fa/trade acquisitions like sarunas jasikevicius (fuck his spelling) and ron mercer and a SLEW OF SHITTY ROOKIES WHO TURNED OUT TO BE NOTHING, the jamison brewers and shawne williams' of the world

and there is a piece of my heart that died forever but gradually crumbled away to get to that point...and that is a result of the wasted talent and potential of jamal tinsley. i think i jizzed my pants when he had that 20 assist triple double game

and with all this torture and knowledge and love, i['m a pacers fan
http://www.philaflava.com/forum/viewtop ... gie+miller

i should be quick to note that i'm probably gonna end up a knicks fan because of being a season ticket holder and wanting my daughter to be a knicks fan. i've come to terms with the fact that chandanilo mozfelt (i rooted for them hard at games) isn't on the knicks anymore. i just wish amare was tougher on defense and the boards and billups would play better d (not gonna happen) and learn d'antoni's offense quicker (not happening as of yet)
Nets 2022

Gregg Popabitch

Post by Gregg Popabitch »

My introduction to basketball was Patrick Chewing. Not as cool.

eternalreflection
I'll Just STFU Now!

Post by eternalreflection »

lol fu gardy for not starting Liriano on opening day, he's clearly the best pitcher you have

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

God damn Philly, can you give Doc some runs?

Wicked

Post by Wicked »

Positive A wrote:God damn Philly, can you give Doc some runs?
Good, I hope the Phills get their asses handed to them. F them! And F their lame fans who were complaining about the Giants in the playoffs last year. Not to mention, one of the players was complaining about the smell of weed in SF out in Center Field. What a little faggit. Who complains about weed smoke and smell? *shaking head*

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

Positive A wrote:God damn Philly, can you give Doc some runs?
This is going to be a reoccurring issue for them all year, I think. Their best offensive player is Utley, and who knows when he'll be back. And today they got Brett Meyers lookin like Nolan Ryan out there. Also, I just heard an amazing stat this game. The first foul ball hit by a Philadelphia hitter, off a starting pitcher, came in the seventh inning. I dont think I've ever heard of something like that before.

PEACE

uh zip zoom

Post by uh zip zoom »

<333 extra innings free preview week. going to spring for MLB.tv too but the quality/reliability of online streaming doesn't quite compare.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

eternalreflection wrote:lol fu gardy for not starting Liriano on opening day, he's clearly the best pitcher you have
pavano is the opening day choice. liriano cant go 5 innings without throwing over 100 pitches...he still trys to strike everyone out.

pavano gives us a better chance to win, but duensing will have the best year as a starter (my prediction)
Hey, by the way who's Curt?

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

Great last inning by the Phillies. Astros relief REALLY shit the bed something serious there, but enough credit to the hitters to get it going when it mattered most after being shut down most of the day.

PEACE

uh zip zoom

Post by uh zip zoom »

lyon had no shot of closing that game out based on who was coming up. that sort of thing is probably a good indicator of when a guy shouldn't have a 9th inning job anymore.

wheels

Post by wheels »

Oh cool, Wicked is posting here.

Dumpster looked great for a while.

Gregg Popabitch

uh zip zoom wrote:lyon had no shot of closing that game out based on who was coming up. that sort of thing is probably a good indicator of when a guy shouldn't have a 9th inning job anymore.
pretty much

eternalreflection
I'll Just STFU Now!

capable_keL wrote:
eternalreflection wrote:lol fu gardy for not starting Liriano on opening day, he's clearly the best pitcher you have
pavano is the opening day choice. liriano cant go 5 innings without throwing over 100 pitches...he still trys to strike everyone out.

pavano gives us a better chance to win, but duensing will have the best year as a starter (my prediction)
lol striking out people is a good thing, especially with the horrid defense that they'll run out there

Liriano is much better than any other Twins starter, its not even close

Sylissez

Post by Sylissez »

peanut butter wrote:Great last inning by the Phillies. Astros relief REALLY shit the bed something serious there, but enough credit to the hitters to get it going when it mattered most after being shut down most of the day.

PEACE
I hope this is the way the Phils approach these situations this year. The walk-off 3 run homer is nice, but more often than not you'll lose the game trying to win it with one swing. And we've seen that too many times over the last few years.

Once Willson "GIDP" Valdez got on base, it was a wrap.

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

eternalreflection wrote:
capable_keL wrote:

lol striking out people is a good thing, especially with the horrid defense that they'll run out there

Liriano. Pavano. Frank Viola. Scott Erickson. It doesn't matter who they trot out there tonight. Jays will mash.

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

What the hell is this "Carl Crawford doesn't like leading off so we'll stick him in the 3rd spot" bullshit?

How much are you fucking paying this guy? He's the games absolute BEST leadoff hitter. Fuck what he likes. And the team has two perfect 3 hitters in Youk and Gonzalez. But instead they have to bump everyone down a spot to appease the new addition who is apparently also a primadonna. You take that much cash, you play where the manager tells you.

It doesn't matter a hell of a lot because the team is so deep that you're able to move the pieces around without great consequence, but if offends me as a fan of the game that Carl Crawford is hitting third in that lineup.

PEACE

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

eternalreflection wrote:
capable_keL wrote:

trying to strike people out is not a good thing when you walk as many people as liriano does. trying to strike out every batter is not a good thing when your pitch count is as high as liriano's is. pavano is the opening day starter because he can get people out without having to strike everyone out.

if you watched spring ball and you think liriano should be the opening day starter youre retarded.

awful defense? lol, i'll remind you of this mid summer and forgive you for not knowing what your talking about.

i'll happily side with gardinhire on this when you are on the other side of the arguement.

Joe Pesci

Post by Joe Pesci »

Nothing worse than an off day after opening day.

On the bright side, Lester is getting beat up a little bit.

Gregg Popabitch

I can't believe we are still debating this liriano vs. Pavano thing.
Joe Pesci wrote:Nothing worse than an off day after opening day.

On the bright side, Lester is getting beat up a little bit.
:cheers:

eternalreflection
I'll Just STFU Now!

I could have swore it was ended but I guess Kel(and prob myjah) is still stubbornly hanging onto Pavano

kel, Liriano when you strikeout 9+ per 9inning, you can get away with extra walks

as for the defense, Span is solid, but Young and Cuddyer are god-awful and noone else is noteworthy, and I imagine Kubel will spend more than 0innings in the field this year and he makes Cuddyer look good lol

Gardy and the organization aren't good, its frustrating since when you are a mid-market team you can't give away edges like that and expect to seriously compete

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

epic comeback for the phillies. i don't mind the small ball but the thing i'm extremely happy about is the fact they didn't strike out once. they all seem to be showing patience which is key.

rollins isn't a bad #3 option. if francisco keeps fucking up they better stick mayberry out there because i like his bat. ibanez has that rocky training in Siberia look.

FML. i benched carlos quentin and started fausto carmona.

eternalreflection
I'll Just STFU Now!

Ubaldo Jimenez gave up 6r/5er, he didn't give up his 5er last year until his 7th start, 43ip

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

eternalreflection wrote:I could have swore it was ended but I guess Kel(and prob myjah) is still stubbornly hanging onto Pavano

kel, Liriano when you strikeout 9+ per 9inning, you can get away with extra walks

as for the defense, Span is solid, but Young and Cuddyer are god-awful and noone else is noteworthy, and I imagine Kubel will spend more than 0innings in the field this year and he makes Cuddyer look good lol

Gardy and the organization aren't good, its frustrating since when you are a mid-market team you can't give away edges like that and expect to seriously compete
i can live with that and kill the debate before the season starts in 45 minutes

no matter who is throwing the blue jays might put up 13 runs