NBA Finals Thread: Dallas Mavs vs. Miami Heat

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

What is your prediction?

Miami Heat in 4
6%
Miami Heat in 5
6%
Miami Heat in 6
24%
Miami Heat in 7
1%
Dallas Mavs in 4
3%
Dallas Mavs in 5
3%
Dallas Mavs in 6
38%
Dallas Mavs in 7
18%

Total votes: 78

Brougham33

Post by Brougham33 »

Still looking for the collapse one...

an-also

Post by an-also »

Brougham33 wrote:Still looking for the collapse one...
<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LwkLOwXjJuo?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LwkLOwXjJuo?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="390" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

ric

Post by ric »

The Rapping Coffin wrote:Lebron is still the best player in the league, but he will have to dominate the next few seasons, and win the title a few times, to earn his spot in the all time top 10. His inability to co-exist with talented players is starting to look very Iverson-ish.
A) i think the problem is he tries TOO MUCH to coexist when he gets nervous. he dished it when shooting was clearly the better option on a FUCKLOAD of shots. sports is a display of people asserting their will onto other people in a way such that specific results are produced. dude just forgot about what he wanted. he got nervous and he disappeared. some of it is coaching though. phil jackson, jeff van gundy, rudy tomjonavich, greg popavich, jerry sloan....these guys would not have let him get away with not being the man.

B) i dont know if makes sense to say this guy is the best player if, when under pressure, he gets so shitty/scarce so quickly.

tonight was the night for him to step up. he had his foot in the door for the first 6 minutes and then he existed for about 10 more combined minutes the whole game. at about t minus 2-3 minutes he stepped it up for like 3 series but that was too little too late. the second he gets in the game for the remaining 9 minutes - if he took control they might have won.

ric

Post by ric »

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA @brougham that is fucking hilarious

edit: im still laughing

Prophecy
not Psychosis

Post by Prophecy »

:rofl: @ Lebron deferring to Wade on the question "did you guys choke"
"Dosent russian bitches let you shit on their face?" -AxEwOuNdFiStEr-
Masked Terror #1 wrote:We were cranking Slayer on the underwater speakers the whole trip. Sharks love Slayer.
Reggie wrote:Bottom line is that if you're not making rap music because you love it and/or you've got something unique to say, that is, if rap is just your "hustle", then you're a fucking asshole.

Kid That's Lifeless

Post by Kid That's Lifeless »

Prophecy wrote::rofl: @ Lebron deferring to Wade on the question "did you guys choke"
Came to post the same thing. Fucking lol

Kid That's Lifeless

And yeah, Bosh is a queer and everything, but at least he can do a post game press conference like a fucking man and doesn't need his butt buddy on stage with him.

Kid That's Lifeless

It's great listening to a bunch of hack writers absolutely shitting all over D Wade and Bron right now.

rhickey

Post by rhickey »

Dat_Triflin_Ass_Dude

Post by Dat_Triflin_Ass_Dude »

not that i'm a fan of the Heatles, but i was pullin for em to win just cause i wanted to see this shit go to gm 7, but it was fuckin painful watching them the last 7 or so minutes. They were playin nervous as fuck

Dat_Triflin_Ass_Dude

Post by Dat_Triflin_Ass_Dude »

and lmao at lebron basically saying during post gm that all the haters eventually have to wake up in the morning and face their same shitty ass life they had yesterday and the day before, whereas he's living the high life. He tried to say it as nice as possible but i thought that was funny

Hayzoos

Post by Hayzoos »

Fuck, basketball is over
Spottin fools frontin fly

http://www.last.fm/user/fopomofo

an-also

Post by an-also »

Dat_Triflin_Ass_Dude wrote:and lmao at lebron basically saying during post gm that all the haters eventually have to wake up in the morning and face their same shitty ass life they had yesterday and the day before, whereas he's living the high life. He tried to say it as nice as possible but i thought that was funny
Dude needs a good pr person. And lmao @ the last question to lebron. "being the best player in basketball...no offense to wade" who's sitting right next to him.

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

As I hang my head in disappointment, I can take solace in knowing that I am neither a bandwagon homo nor a hating faggot. Fuck all of you people.

Re-tool the bench and go get it next year.

Good for Dirk and Cubes.

Another chance at the Packers-Heat-White Sox (yea right) Golden Trifecta escapes me.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

this game and series came down to the fact that miami could not handle dallas' zone.

tonight's game was an absolutely pitiful offensive performance against the zone. their first line of attack? let's just pass it back and forth behind the 3pt line until the shot clock is at 2 and then shoot a fadeaway jumper. next? let's drive willy-nilly into the middle of the paint, see the zone collapse on the driver, and then watch the driver turn around in mid-air and literally pass the ball to the other team. they couldn't do a godamned thing against that zone until they put eddie house in. but one man can only make so many 3's. the fact that lebron/wade/bosh had no fucking clue how to attack the zone IS NEVER FORGIVE shit. i blame spoelstra a lot at this point because he had FIVE FUCKING GAMES of it and he didn't prepare them AGAIN.

IT'S SO EASY TO BEAT THAT ZONE. YOU PUT LEBRON OR WADE OR BOSH AT THE FREE THROW LINE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ZONE, PASS THAT MOTHERFUCKER THE BALL, THEN BACKCUT A BASELINE GUY, THEN FOLLOW THAT CUT WITH A MIDDLE CUT FROM THE PERSON OUTSIDE THE 3PT LINE. IT'S THE EASIEST SHIT EVER. HOW FUCKING PATHETIC ARE YOU, MIAMI COACHING STAFF??? GODAMN

and one of my favorite post-game comments was by cuban who said (accurate paraphrase) "miami is a great team and will have plenty of chances to win and hats off to them, but i have to say our fans KILLED their fans"

:cheers: to dallas and their fans. awesome finals
Nets 2022

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »

Brougham33 wrote:Image
:lol:

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

Reason wrote:
Reason wrote:lebron is transcendent. otherwise dallas wins.

dallas in 6...maybe 7 if lebron does god mode again

dallas is bigger...playoffs is a half court game, fastbreaking will get u a few close losses without halfcourt execution to close out a game a la okc.

lebron didnt do it alone game 5, wade had like 12 fourth quarter points including a big jumper to pull close and then that ridiculous three pointer while getting fouled, they wont do that every game and marion will be defending lebron at the end not deng or brewer

size wins.
Reason wrote:
blastmaster wrote:I will be entertaining pay pal bets with anyone who thinks Dallas can win.
20 bucks? little friendly wager? wont even make u give me odds
my paypal is i.am.ben.yew@gmail.com

Nets 2022

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

Escobar305 wrote:
blastmaster wrote:As I hang my head in disappointment, I can take solace in knowing that I am neither a bandwagon homo nor a hating faggot. Fuck all of you people.

Re-tool the bench and go get it next year.
:cheers:

That's the spirit!
he wasn't exempting you, dumbass. you're both a bandwagon homo and a hating faggot. say something about dirk now, ya faggoid
Nets 2022

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

Reason wrote:
Reason wrote:
Reason wrote:lebron is transcendent. otherwise dallas wins.

dallas in 6...maybe 7 if lebron does god mode again

dallas is bigger...playoffs is a half court game, fastbreaking will get u a few close losses without halfcourt execution to close out a game a la okc.

lebron didnt do it alone game 5, wade had like 12 fourth quarter points including a big jumper to pull close and then that ridiculous three pointer while getting fouled, they wont do that every game and marion will be defending lebron at the end not deng or brewer

size wins.
Reason wrote:
blastmaster wrote:I will be entertaining pay pal bets with anyone who thinks Dallas can win.
20 bucks? little friendly wager? wont even make u give me odds
my paypal is i.am.ben.yew@gmail.com

:cheers:

PM me Tuesday if its not there by then.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

:) i sincerely don't care if i get paid. it was all about the 'gentleman's bet' part of it

and that post was just to jab at you in good nature.
Nets 2022

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »

RZN has the fucking sports almanac.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

ayo can you believe lebron at the press conference? he basically said he doesn't give a shit b/c his life rules and everyone else's doesn't. what the fuck is wrong with him?

he needs a father figure, bad.
Nets 2022

wheels

Post by wheels »

Reason wrote:
IT'S SO EASY TO BEAT THAT ZONE. YOU PUT LEBRON OR WADE OR BOSH AT THE FREE THROW LINE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ZONE, PASS THAT MOTHERFUCKER THE BALL, THEN BACKCUT A BASELINE GUY, THEN FOLLOW THAT CUT WITH A MIDDLE CUT FROM THE PERSON OUTSIDE THE 3PT LINE. IT'S THE EASIEST SHIT EVER. HOW FUCKING PATHETIC ARE YOU, MIAMI COACHING STAFF??? GODAMN
I know what you're saying, but it's not that simple. If it was I have a feeling Pat Riley would have pointed that shit out 3 games ago.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

wheels wrote:
Reason wrote:
I know what you're saying, but it's not that simple. If it was I have a feeling Pat Riley would have pointed that shit out 3 games ago.
i love you wheels, but not so fast buddy :-)

pat riley never coached college! nba only...back when there was no legal zone i might add

they're a bunch of pathetic shits. the way i explained how to kill that zone is just one of MANY. it's ridiculous regardless
Nets 2022

Joe Pesci

Post by Joe Pesci »

Front page of Arizona website

http://www.arizonawildcats.com/

lmao @ Bibby

:icedit: Image

Big Breeze

Post by Big Breeze »

Pat Riley did coach when zones were allowed. They were introduced to the NBA in 2001.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

Big Breeze wrote:Pat Riley did coach when zones were allowed. They were introduced to the NBA in 2001.
ah right i was thinking about his laker run, i'm dead wrong

in addition i'm an asshole and erased the memory of riley coaching when they got the lottery picks and shit, he shitted on his career record for a few years there

still don't give a shit though in the context of teaching zone offense...you have to know more thatn that

my bad wheels i got carried away, but i stand by my point that they repeatedly failed against the zone throughout the series and should be taken to task for not adjusting better...it's not even a true college zone because of defensive 3 seconds, shit was atrocious offense
Nets 2022

Gregg Popabitch

Post by Gregg Popabitch »

either way, i'm pretty sure riley has forgotten more basketball then any of us know. i'm pretty sure he would've pointed something like that out already.

Gregg Popabitch

Joe Pesci wrote:Front page of Arizona website

http://www.arizonawildcats.com/

lmao @ Bibby

:icedit: Image

lol cardinal sin!

Gregg Popabitch

Reason wrote:ayo can you believe lebron at the press conference? he basically said he doesn't give a shit b/c his life rules and everyone else's doesn't. what the fuck is wrong with him?
he has completely fallen apart.