Three things you were wrong about

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

john wall has a head start on rose from a pg perspective. i don't think it's unreasonable at all that wall could have a better career or peak years
Nets 2022

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Reason wrote:john wall has a head start on rose from a pg perspective. i don't think it's unreasonable at all that wall could have a better career or peak years
co sizzled.

Smitty

Post by Smitty »

1. I thought Roberto LeBrongo had it in him to mettle thru the finals. Its now obvious he has psychological problems in big pressure situations.

2. I thought Mayweather woulda outpointed Pacquiao by now.

3. Like the Spurs, I thought I would hate the Mavs forever.

jazzmatazz23

Post by jazzmatazz23 »

I thought Jason Kidd was done when he was 32.

I thought T-mac would compete with Kobe for best SG in the league for years

I thought Kobe would never win a championship after Shaq left

Gregg Popabitch

Post by Gregg Popabitch »

jazzmatazz23 wrote:I thought Jason Kidd was done when he was 32.
:cheers:

still illiterate

Post by still illiterate »

1. I also thought DeShaun Jackson would flame out after a little contact

2. I thought Rashaun Woods(OK state), and especially James Hardy(Indiana) would have great careers.

3. I thought the cowboys could win a ring with Wade Phillips

Julius Seizure

Post by Julius Seizure »

1. i thought vince young would be as good as michael vick.

2. i thought tyrone wheatley would be a hall of famer.

3. i thought lawrence moten and john wallace would have better nba careers than they did. felipe Lopez and zendon hamilton too.

Julius Seizure

Post by Julius Seizure »

1. i thought justin morneau would have a big year this year and have issues coming back from the concussion.

2. i thought brett anderson was going to be injury free and establish himself as a solid #2/borderline #1 this year. also thought jonathan sanchez would continue to improve and put together a 15+ win, 3.30 or lower era, 1.2 whip, 240 k season.

3. i thought papi was on a steep decline and was sure that bautista's breakout last year was a fluke. consequently, i think their both on some serious HGH. i thought manny would put up a solid season with the rays and johnny damon was done.

bonus:
4. i had no idea that adrian gonzalez was such a great hitter and even though i knew he could play a good first base, i didn't know he was so fucking smooth nh.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

i thought curtis enis would be a great Bears RB

i cursed the vikings for not drafting scott mitchell because i thought he would be a HOF QB.

I thought joe mauer should have went to flordia and played QB in the NFL. i might not totally be wrong on this yet...
Hey, by the way who's Curt?

ThaJim2

Post by ThaJim2 »

capable_keL wrote: I thought joe mauer should have went to flordia and played QB in the NFL. i might not totally be wrong on this yet...
I think you mean FSU and god do I wish that would have happened.

ThaJim2

Post by ThaJim2 »

Julius Seizure wrote: 2. i thought tyrone wheatley would be a hall of famer.
That name is a blast from the past

alpha

Post by alpha »

Julius Seizure wrote:
2. also thought jonathan sanchez would continue to improve and put together a 15+ win, 3.30 or lower era, 1.2 whip, 240 k season.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

ThaJim2 wrote:
capable_keL wrote: I thought joe mauer should have went to flordia and played QB in the NFL. i might not totally be wrong on this yet...
I think you mean FSU
yes. fsu is in flordia

Hayzoos

Post by Hayzoos »

Michael Beasly
Joakim Noah
Spottin fools frontin fly

http://www.last.fm/user/fopomofo

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

Hayzoos wrote:Michael Beasly
Joakim Noah
c'mon, man. you could at least rattle off a dozen points off Bulls basketball

eternalreflection
I'll Just STFU Now!

Post by eternalreflection »

I'm still trying to figure out how Lebron totally fell apart in the playoffs vs Dallas, from 07-09 you saw a guy carry a bad team to the finals, almost get past a historically great Boston team, and then put up arguably the best 14game playoff run ever in 09

the quitting thing last year was bogus, he had a bad game and it was overblown and game 6 he put up 27/19/10, a bad game with 10to and poor shooting, but he was definitely trying hard

he was the best player in the playoffs going into the finals, and then he was passive and awful and even with a fast 4/4 start in g6 never broke out of the funk, right after that I was thinking god finally, time for a monster 50pt game and then you win game 7 and no one cares how bad you played the previous 3(well maybe Skip Bayless), and instead he went right back into the passive shell

it got so bad even his defense turned awful, even when he was struggling on offense at times earlier in the playoffs his D was always great, and then he's letting Terry easily get past him, not contesting Kidd 3pters etc

an-also

Post by an-also »

I thought Vince Carter would lead us to the championship.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

an-also wrote:I thought Vince Carter would lead us to the championship.
:lol:

i thought jonathan bender was going to be an all-star
Nets 2022

Kid That's Lifeless

Post by Kid That's Lifeless »

ThaJim2 wrote:
Not a fan of the Chris Rix/Adrian McPherson/Fabian Walker/Wyatt Sexton/there might have been someone else (?) era?

ThaJim2

Post by ThaJim2 »

Kid That's Lifeless wrote:
ThaJim2 wrote:
Not a fan of the Chris Rix/Adrian McPherson/Fabian Walker/Wyatt Sexton/there might have been someone else (?) era?
Why do you want to make me depressed? Rix actually gets somewhat of a bad rap with a competent coach he could have been good. McPherson is the defination of wasted talent*. Sexton holy shit was he bad.

*Another one I got wrong I thought dude was going to win a Heisman or two and be a top 10 pick dude had text book throwing motion and just was so gifted.

an-also

Post by an-also »

Reason wrote:
an-also wrote:I thought Vince Carter would lead us to the championship.
:lol:

i thought jonathan bender was going to be an all-star
Still the best trade in raptors history.

Kid That's Lifeless

ThaJim2 wrote:
ThaJim2 wrote:
Why do you want to make me depressed? Rix actually gets somewhat of a bad rap with a competent coach he could have been good. McPherson is the defination of wasted talent*. Sexton holy shit was he bad.

*Another one I got wrong I thought dude was going to win a Heisman or two and be a top 10 pick dude had text book throwing motion and just was so gifted.
Since we're talking Noles, I thought Xavier Lee would QB FSU to a national title. :owens:

Doogs

Post by Doogs »

ThaJim2 wrote:
ThaJim2 wrote:

Since we're talking Noles, I thought Xavier Lee would QB FSU to a national title. :owens:

I remember when xavier lee was being really hyped up as the next big thing but just never really did anything worthwhile beyond 1 or 2 promising games.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

ThaJim2 wrote:
also would have accepted ron dayne

go badgers

wheels

Post by wheels »

Reason wrote:john wall has a head start on rose
Can you guys elaborate on this? I think Wall is the better PG, but I couldn't really say why. I'm interested to hear opinions

Big Breeze

Post by Big Breeze »

wheels wrote:
Reason wrote:john wall has a head start on rose
Can you guys elaborate on this? I think Wall is the better PG, but I couldn't really say why. I'm interested to hear opinions
My two cents on the Derrick Rose/John Wall debate is that John Wall was better than Derrick Rose at the college level. I said several times than when Wall was coming out for the draft that I thought he would be better than Rose. He still can, but Rose has a crazy lead ahead of him that may be too difficult to catch.

If you look up the definition of upside, you might find a picture of Rose inside of it. People can debate all they want on if he should have won the MVP this past season, but the fact of the matter is that he did. He improved many facets of his game that has made him the best PG in the league right now. He did all of this in three years and still has room for a ton of improvement.

Wall was dealing with knee issues in his rookie season. If he is not able to manage that situation, we may end up talking about how good he might have been. I'll be watching year two of Wall's development keenly.

Julius Seizure

Post by Julius Seizure »

capable_keL wrote:
ThaJim2 wrote:

go badgers
tsmonga biakabutuka

Kid That's Lifeless

Julius Seizure wrote:
capable_keL wrote:
ThaJim2 wrote:

go badgers
tsmonga biakabutuka
Let's just cover all bases in one post and say every running back from the Big Ten not named Eddie George.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

tim biakabutka was the original james stewart

PopeyeJones

Post by PopeyeJones »

1. I thought Chris Johnson was hugely overrated coming out of East Carolina, and thought it was ridiculous that leading up to the draft he was projected to go in second round (and even more ridiculous when he went at the bottom of the first).

2. I thought the Packers were out of their minds for giving Charles Woodson as much money as they did when they signed him as a FA in '06. I thought it was obvious that the injuries had caught up with him and that he was basically washed up.

3. I severely underestimated how many NFL fans with side with the owners during the lockout. That shit has been shocking to me. I totally misread that.