2011 NFL Draft/Offseason Thread

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

elohim

Post by elohim »

Eagles win the NFC East easily next year. I think Vick will go down tho and they'll have to turn to Vince Young or whoever and eventually flop in the playoffs. But you can't help but love what that team is doing as painful as it is for the rest of us. Like, don't y'all muhfuckaz have the Phillies already!? :lol:

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

alpha wrote:
unclebengi wrote:Iggles are going all in. Doubt it'll work, but I don't think anyone's better on paper once Desean reports. Babin was a big signing too. Him and Cole are as good as any DE tandem in the league. I think they want to capitalize on Vick while they can. I think the problem is, there's so many good teams capable of winning it all every year that it doesn't make sense to go all in. You almost always forgo the future and damage team chemistry in the meantime.

I think having Vick though, it could be a good gamble...if they can stay healthy, it might just pay off.
they never made moves like this when Mcnabb was there. everyone hates Donovan
Hear about Shanahan's comments about McNabb? "Now we go on, and I still think Donovan has a great future ahead of him. If he decides to do the little things he needs to do to get to the next level, then he'll be there. But I'm not going into detail with what those things are, and I'm sure Andy Reid wouldn't either."

I used to be a McNabb backer, but after living in Philly for a few years and really watching him play, I realized why he's getting passed around so much. He doesn't throw interceptions and he throws a great deep ball, but this kind of makes him a mirage because he makes big plays and avoids mistakes so he seems productive, but he can't move the chains to save his life and the only time he could was when he could run. He doesn't prepare the way elite QB's do and he doesn't have the athleticism or accuracy to make up for it. It's gonna be a long year in Minnesota.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Asante Samuel is now on the trading block.

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

Any word on who's interested? He's got some pretty big cap numbers the next few years. Any teams interested would have been better served going after one of the many good corners that are/were on the market.

Gregg Popabitch

Post by Gregg Popabitch »

Julius Seizure wrote:damn, the pats cut ty warren?! i always trust belichick but i thought ty had some good football left in him. maybe he looks shitty after a year with no football.
i want

Gregg Popabitch

Gregg Popabitch wrote:
Julius Seizure wrote:damn, the pats cut ty warren?! i always trust belichick but i thought ty had some good football left in him. maybe he looks shitty after a year with no football.
i want
top 10 injury risks according to football outsiders for the 2011 season wrote:10. Ty Warren, DE, free agent
Injury: Torn labrum in right hip

Warren missed all of last season after tearing the labrum in his right hip. In the Patriots' 3-4 defense, the left end's primary responsibility is as a tackler and gap filler against the run, and Warren is one of the best in the league. New England had an above-average run defense in each of his first six seasons as a starter. During Warren's absence in 2010, the Patriots fell to 23rd after finishing ninth in 2008 and 13th in 2009. All indications are that he will be fully healed by the time training camp starts. However, he's 30 years old and has now had hip, groin and hernia surgeries in the past two calendar years, so optimism should be cautious. That lack of optimism may have been one reason that the Patriots dealt for Albert Haynesworth.

Gregg Popabitch

OMG GIANTS SIGNED STEVE WEATHERFORD

you might be thinking why is Popa excited about a punter? After being spoiled with years of Feagles (I've always made the joke that if we redrafted the whole league in 2007, Feagles would be the first non QB taken), the giants had the worst punter in the NFL last year in Matt Dodge...culminating in the horrific Desean Jackson punt return for a touchdown that should've never been punted to him in the first place.

According to Football outsiders metrics, Weatherford was the top punter in the NFL by a good margin. He was first in my 2 favorite stats for a punter last year: Most punts inside the 20 and most punts called for a fair catch.

I'm excited.

Dwight Strawberry

Post by Dwight Strawberry »

Later Matt Dodge!

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

unclebengi wrote:Any word on who's interested? He's got some pretty big cap numbers the next few years. Any teams interested would have been better served going after one of the many good corners that are/were on the market.
It's not official but I'm sure they want Asante to STFU and play. He wants to rework his contract despite just signing it a few years ago and being the highest paid at the time.

an-also

Post by an-also »

Colts sign QB Peyton Manning to a five-year, $90 million contract extension.

still illiterate

Post by still illiterate »

Heard the Eagle signed Cullen Jenkins. I'm getting really frustrated right now. Cowboys still need to sign 2 starting safeties and a DE. Really could have used Jenkins, hopefully we at least take a look at Warren.

Eagles are going to be strong

Gregg Popabitch

still illiterate wrote:Heard the Eagle signed Cullen Jenkins. I'm getting really frustrated right now. Cowboys still need to sign 2 starting safeties and a DE. Really could have used Jenkins, hopefully we at least take a look at Warren.

did you guys sign sensabaugh?

i feel like the cowboys have done nothing but sign marcus spears

still illiterate

Gregg Popabitch wrote:
still illiterate wrote:Heard the Eagle signed Cullen Jenkins. I'm getting really frustrated right now. Cowboys still need to sign 2 starting safeties and a DE. Really could have used Jenkins, hopefully we at least take a look at Warren.

did you guys sign sensabaugh?

i feel like the cowboys have done nothing but sign marcus spears
no, sensebaugh is still out there. and Alan Ball is not a starting caliber safety. It's imperative he gets replaced. I would be happy with resigning Sens, and picking up Abrahm Elam or Huff.

so far we resigned Free, which is really important, and Kosier, which is still pretty important. But we got rid of Leonard Davis, so Montrae Holland looks like he'll be starting at RG, he's decent, but often injured. I mean if you look at it, they're essentially the same team as last year, with a few less overpriced vets.
Last edited by still illiterate on Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

an-also

Post by an-also »

still illiterate wrote:Heard the Eagle signed Cullen Jenkins.
wtf man.

Dwight Strawberry

Post by Dwight Strawberry »

Eagles on Madden 12 are going to be :ohsh:

Got to hand it to them, they are really going for it. Plax is getting signed by Philly next.

Digs Darklighter

Post by Digs Darklighter »

non news...eagles trade broderick bunkley to the browns for 5th round pick in 2012...sign akeem jordan to 1yr deal

wheels

Post by wheels »

Chris Hansen's brother just announced Plaxico is going to the eagles.

still illiterate

wheels wrote:Chris Hansen's brother just announced Plaxico is going to the eagles.
just a rumor, nothing concrete yet

wheels

Post by wheels »

Gotcha. I didn't actually see it, I was in the other room.

HomeSkillet

Post by HomeSkillet »

elohim wrote:Eagles win the NFC East easily next year. I think Vick will go down tho and they'll have to turn to Vince Young or whoever and eventually flop in the playoffs. But you can't help but love what that team is doing as painful as it is for the rest of us. Like, don't y'all muhfuckaz have the Phillies already!? :lol:
I was saying pretty similar thing at work today. Babin/Cole with exceptional cover corner behind them is frightening.

VideoKilledThe

Post by VideoKilledThe »

Count me among the many fans wondering, "What is our gm doing?" To no one's surprise we resigned Alex Smith, and yet with lots of cap space we've lost 4 starters from defense and a versatile offensive lineman... from a 6-10 team???? I thought we were going to add talent, not see it walk away...

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

I feel the same way after michael jenkins was signed, if you forgot who he was here is a clip

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AP5SuxlHTZI&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AP5SuxlHTZI&hl ... &version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

Stoked the Colts brought back Addai, I have an authentic Addai Jersey and he's one of my favorites on the team. My brother unfortunately has a Kelvin Hayden jersey and it looks like he won't be back...add another quality corner to the free agent market. We were paying Hayden too much though and it's probably a good move in the long run. They'll have an easier time resigning Mathis and Wayne now.

Truth.

Post by Truth. »

really wish we could get Plaxico but i highly doubt he wants to come here

we also signed Mike Sims-Walker today so i don't think we are prolly even lookin at him anymore

ThaJim2

Post by ThaJim2 »

VideoKilledThe wrote:Count me among the many fans wondering, "What is our gm doing?" To no one's surprise we resigned Alex Smith, and yet with lots of cap space we've lost 4 starters from defense and a versatile offensive lineman... from a 6-10 team???? I thought we were going to add talent, not see it walk away...
Tanking the season to get Luck?

ThaJim2

Post by ThaJim2 »

still illiterate wrote:
wheels wrote:Chris Hansen's brother just announced Plaxico is going to the eagles.
just a rumor, nothing concrete yet
This one does not make much sense the Eagles have probably the best WR core in the NFL and they are young they don't need to add an old guy that has sat out for the last couple of years who will want the ball.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Plax isn't even on the Eagles radar. They need a LB and a RB, not another WR.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

i think MBIII in chicago is perfect, contrast with adrian forte on the outside and jay cut is gonna look great

go bears
Hey, by the way who's Curt?

eternalreflection
I'll Just STFU Now!

Post by eternalreflection »

unclebengi wrote:Stoked the Colts brought back Addai, I have an authentic Addai Jersey and he's one of my favorites on the team. My brother unfortunately has a Kelvin Hayden jersey and it looks like he won't be back...add another quality corner to the free agent market. We were paying Hayden too much though and it's probably a good move in the long run. They'll have an easier time resigning Mathis and Wayne now.
Addai is nothing special, they need to work on locking up the actual talent first, and getting the Oline help first before going after a meh RB that could be any of 100guys if they fix the other issues

VideoKilledThe

Post by VideoKilledThe »

ThaJim2 wrote:
VideoKilledThe wrote:Count me among the many fans wondering, "What is our gm doing?" To no one's surprise we resigned Alex Smith, and yet with lots of cap space we've lost 4 starters from defense and a versatile offensive lineman... from a 6-10 team???? I thought we were going to add talent, not see it walk away...
Tanking the season to get Luck?
I mean I'm not going that far, but who doesn't want Luck? :gyeah:

Kinda of tough for a first time coach to get a feel for his team, and who are the players he wants to keep, and what areas he needs to address when there are no OTAs.

I like Harbaugh, I really want to believe all that "next great coach from Stanford" bs, but he ain't gonna play a down, they gotta get him some playmakers out there.