Official 2011 NFL Preseason Thread

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

wheels

Post by wheels »

Nah I grabbed that shit 3-4 weeks in.

And to be fair it was the $70 knockoff variety, not the full official $300. I gave it to this year's owner.

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

I doubt the league hadn't even distributed Arian Foster jerseys til like 3-4 weeks into the season. You couldn't find one outside of Houston or Tennessee during the preseason probably.

PEACE

Kid That's Lifeless

Post by Kid That's Lifeless »

peanut butter wrote:I doubt the league hadn't even distributed Arian Foster jerseys til like 3-4 weeks into the season. You couldn't find one outside of Houston or Tennessee during the preseason probably.

PEACE
Yeah, I didn't think about that before I hit Submit.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

quality rant

imo
Hey, by the way who's Curt?

Sylissez

Post by Sylissez »

Eagles signed Vick to a 6 year/100m contract.

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

Sylissez wrote:Eagles signed Vick to a 6 year/100m contract.
$40 mil guaranteed

PEACE

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

Eli lookin SO fucking bad out there

PEACE

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

They better break off D-Jax proper.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

Philaflava wrote:They better break off D-Jax proper.
how can they and still be under the cap?

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/T104rnfVxPk&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/T104rnfVxPk&hl ... &version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

:bow: :jerk: :bow: :jerk:

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

capable_keL wrote:
He is about to the franchise tag next year.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

naturalborn103 wrote:
capable_keL wrote:
He is about to the franchise tag next year.
i saw that the tag was lifted off vick when they inked him, so they saved some cap space. even if they are tagging little desean they'll still be in nip & tuck mode

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

Gholston receives walking papers -- again
August, 29, 2011
AUG 29
1:34
PM ET
EmailPrintComments
By Rich Cimini
Former Jets draft bust Vernon Gholston was released Monday by the Bears, one week after Gholston told reporters after the Giants-Bears game that he didn't receive a fair shake from Rex Ryan.

That's laughable. Gholston has failed under three defensive-minded head coaches -- Eric Mangini, Ryan and Lovie Smith. He has failed in three different defensive systems. And he has failed at three different positions -- 3-4 OLB, 3-4 DE and 4-3 DE.

If Gholston had any shot of resurrecting his career (wait, can you resurrect something that never began in the first place?), it was with the Bears. There was no pressure, he finally was in the right system and he had one of the best line coaches in the business, Rod Marinelli, a super-intense coach who figured to have the best chance of lighting a fire under Gholston.

If Gholston doesn't find another job, his career will be over after three seasons and no sacks. Still tied with Cimini in career sacks.

:rofl:
Nets 2022

I.A.

Post by I.A. »

seriously what is taking them so long??

But good for Vick

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

According to Bob McGinn of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel, Raiders rookie Terrelle Pryor scored a 7 on the Wonderlic test.

Kid That's Lifeless

Vince Young was rumored to have a 6 right?

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

Yea.

If this is a real test, http://walterfootball.com/draftwonderlic.php , then you have to be a complete idiot to get a 6. I got 16/20 which supposedly equals a 40. I missed 5, 10, 15, and 20

wheels

Post by wheels »

I'm not entirely sure that's a real wonderlic, but I got them all right. One would think that if Ryan Fitzpatrick is the only guy in the NFL to get a perfect score, maybe it's a bit harder.

I didn't get in to Harvard.

wheels

Post by wheels »

Also, Vince Young and Terrel Pryor are in all likelihood, complete idiots.

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

You time yourself?

wheels

Post by wheels »

Yeah I didn't have any problems with time, it was the wording on a couple that had me fucked up.

The thing with the letters, and "Febtoday" being an option for a question that asked you to pick a month had me messed up for a minute.

Kid That's Lifeless

I got 17 right and I missed two of them (10/11) because I didn't bother attempting to do the math. I had no idea what was going on in 18. Took me about 5 minutes. That seems ridiculously easy and if you can't get at least a 14/20 on that, you're retarded.

an-also

Post by an-also »

Average scores for other professions

While an average football player usually scores around 20 points, Wonderlic, Inc. claims a score of at least 10 points suggests a person is literate.[2] Furthermore, when the test was given to miscellaneous people of various professions, it was observed that the average participant scored a 24. Examples of scores from everyday professions include:

* Chemist ג€“ 31
* Programmer ג€“ 29
* Journalist ג€“ 26
* Sales ג€“ 24
* Bank teller ג€“ 22
* Clerical worker ג€“ 21
* Security guard ג€“ 17
* Warehouse ג€“ 14

[edit] Use in the NFL Combine

Though used in a variety of institutions, the Wonderlic test has become best known for its use in the NFL's Scouting Combine, its pre-draft assessments of prospective football players. According to Paul Zimmerman's The New Thinking Man's Guide to Pro Football, examples of average scores for each position are:

* Offensive tackle ג€“ 26
* Center ג€“ 25
* Quarterback ג€“ 24 (Most teams want at least 21 for a quarterback.)[6]
* Guard ג€“ 23
* Tight end ג€“ 22
* Safety ג€“ 19
* Linebacker ג€“ 19
* Cornerback ג€“ 18
* Wide receiver ג€“ 17
* Fullback ג€“ 17
* Halfback ג€“ 16

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

another first round bust for the yellow:
Derek Sherrod - T - Packers

The Packers have moved No. 32 overall pick Derek Sherrod permanently to left tackle, where he's now practicing behind Chad Clifton.
Sherrod flunked at left guard, getting beat out by T.J. Lang, and he's now being groomed as 35-year-old Clifton's successor. The Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel suspects Sherrod may not be active on game days to open the season, seeing as he offers less versatility than swing tackle/guard Marshall Newhouse.
Source: Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel
Aug 31 - 2:31 PM

ThaJim2

Post by ThaJim2 »

naturalborn103 wrote:Yea.

If this is a real test, http://walterfootball.com/draftwonderlic.php , then you have to be a complete idiot to get a 6. I got 16/20 which supposedly equals a 40. I missed 5, 10, 15, and 20

That is just a small sample of a wonderlic the real one is longer I believe it is 40 or 50 questions and they get much more difficult.

Kid That's Lifeless

ThaJim2 wrote:
naturalborn103 wrote:Yea.

That is just a small sample of a wonderlic the real one is longer I believe it is 40 or 50 questions and they get much more difficult.
I still have 100% confidence I could score better than a 35.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

final preseason game tonight

an-also

Post by an-also »

capable_keL wrote:another first round bust for the yellow:
Derek Sherrod - T - Packers

The Packers have moved No. 32 overall pick Derek Sherrod permanently to left tackle, where he's now practicing behind Chad Clifton.
Sherrod flunked at left guard, getting beat out by T.J. Lang, and he's now being groomed as 35-year-old Clifton's successor. The Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel suspects Sherrod may not be active on game days to open the season, seeing as he offers less versatility than swing tackle/guard Marshall Newhouse.
Source: Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel
Aug 31 - 2:31 PM
:larry: I know you're just trying to get a rise out of me :arrow: , but I'll bite. He was originally drafted to be a LT anyways. Trying to move him to guard was silly. A year learning the game as a backup should serve him well.

For every first round bust TT drafts, he usually ends up finding a few undrafted gems who end up being pro bowl caliber players.

peace (no peanut butter)

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

:leon:

in other packer news... i might have a bite on some tix for the Saints game. Its a nice 6 hour drive but it sounds like it's going to be an epic party
The National Football League's kickoff concert at Lambeau Field on Sept. 8 will be a little bit country and a little bit rock 'n' roll.

Kid Rock, Lady Antebellum and Maroon 5 will be on the bill, the NFL announced Tuesday, as the league began the buildup to the opening night game between the Green Bay Packers and New Orleans Saints.

The free concert will be staged at the corner of S. Oneida St. and Armed Forces Drive. Fans will be able to enter the concert site via Holmgren Way.

The event is scheduled to begin at 3:15 p.m. with the screening of "America's Game: 2010 Green Bay Packers." The concert is anticipated to end about 6:30 p.m., giving those fans with tickets to the game plenty of time to head into Lambeau Field.

"It should be quite a party here," said Ken Wachter, president and chief executive of PMI Group, which manages several of the facilities that will be used for events surrounding the game.

Some 100,000 people are expected in and around Lambeau Field for the season-opening game and events.

"I think this is going to be one of the largest crowds you've ever had here in the city," Wachter said. "I don't think anything has come close to it. The response to the concert will be great. It is free. People like free."

The three headlining acts stick with the NFL's tried and true formula of trying to reach the largest audience possible, without any wardrobe malfunctions.

Kid Rock melds rock, rap and country and remains an entertainment staple at big events in Wisconsin, playing for Harley enthusiasts as well as Summerfest crowds.

Lady Antebellum is a six-time Grammy Award winning trio with country roots and crossover appeal. The group even has a Wisconsin tie, of sorts, returning to the state in 2010 to make up for what it called its worst gig ever, a 5:30 a.m. concert a few years earlier in front of deer hunters at a gas station near Slinger.

Maroon 5 is riding a crest of renewed popularity triggered by frontman Adam Levine's role as a coach on the talent show "The Voice." The band played to a packed crowd at the Miller Lite Oasis stage at the recent Summerfest.

The NFL also announced Tuesday that "32 legendary NFL alumni, one representing each team," will be involved in a ceremony on the field before kickoff.

On the day of the game, NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell and several former players will take part in a community service project at Lincoln Elementary School in Green Bay. A playhouse, greenhouse and garden will be built at the school.

The league is billing this as the 10th consecutive kickoff celebration to start the season as well as the eighth straight year in which the reigning Super Bowl champion opens the season at home on a Thursday in prime time.
god... i hope the pack don't lay an egg with the entire world watching

Kid That's Lifeless

The fuck is a Lady Antebellum?