NFL Week 12 (Turkey Week Bitches)

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

ric

Post by ric »

here in seattle did not get to see the game but im guessing that the broncos still arent committed to the option and are probably still running dives and powers for 3 and outs 75% of the time.

troy got knocked. probably concussion #215 for that guy. geez. disappointing. however.......watching troy knock people the fuck out is awesome.

odium-LSC

Post by odium-LSC »

Fucking redskins. Fuck You skillet.

HomeSkillet

Post by HomeSkillet »

Why Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeellllllllllluuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!

alpha

Post by alpha »

ric wrote:here in seattle did not get to see the game but im guessing that the broncos still arent committed to the option and are probably still running dives and powers for 3 and outs 75% of the time.

troy got knocked. probably concussion #215 for that guy. geez. disappointing. however.......watching troy knock people the fuck out is awesome.
tebow had 22 carries

still illiterate

Post by still illiterate »

Nick Novak pissing on the sidelines

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EM3LXokl ... e=youtu.be

odium-LSC

Post by odium-LSC »

HomeSkillet wrote:Why Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeellllllllllluuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!
I'm gonna punch you square in the dick. Dick.

Orale Holmes

Post by Orale Holmes »

still illiterate wrote:Nick Novak pissing on the sidelines

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EM3LXokl ... e=youtu.be
He was Tebowing.

an-also

Post by an-also »

Peebowing
Last edited by an-also on Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ric

Post by ric »

alpha wrote:
ric wrote:here in seattle did not get to see the game but im guessing that the broncos still arent committed to the option and are probably still running dives and powers for 3 and outs 75% of the time.

tebow had 22 carries
ah sweet. its happening. will watch.

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

LOL @ Merrill Hodge saying he'd cut Stevie Johnson today.

Fuckin fagg.

PEACE

an-also

Post by an-also »

god bless twitter.

Tweet A: "... Go on a diet, fat-so!! Y r u worried about wht I'm tweeting?! ... It wasn't a diss @ T-new, it ws my observation like my observation that u're FAT & need to hit the treadmill ASAP!! #RealTalk''
--@terrellowens, defending himself against criticism from a Dallas sports anchor that Owens had been critical of Cowboy corner Terrence Newman Thursday.
Tweet B: "@terrellowens I'll get on a treadmill when you pay your child support. #deadbeat''
--@newyscruggs, the sports anchor Owens ripped, Newy Scruggs, in a Twitter feud with T.O.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/w ... z1f1GfWsYY

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

I remember last year when I was saying Desean Jackson was a bitch and would run whichever is closer, sideline or endzone... Everyone was saying I was a hater. Now he is getting benched cause he didn't even attempt to catch a pass in the end zone cause the great Arrington was going to hit him..

Also, what a bitch move by Bowe to not even attempt to catch/deflect that last pass thrown vs. Pitt last night.

Gregg Popabitch

Post by Gregg Popabitch »

Tebow is the truth.

All you haters who don't understand how tebow is winning and giving credit to his defense when clearly it is our messiah leading the charge are simply non believers. I dismiss you.

If you keep dismissing Tebow because he doesn't have the statistics that are common amongst successful QBs, let me just tell you this.

There is one stat that doesn't show up in the stat sheet or the box score. That statistic is God. God is invisible and everywhere. Tim Tebow is the league leader in God. Once you guys are enlightened, then you will truly understand.

Clearly, the only salvation for you heathens is conversion. And I don't mean 3rd down conversions. Don't be like the Native Americans who died of smallpox (clearly an act of god to punish those who remain defiant) who refused the christian missionaries during the founding days of our nation.
Last edited by Gregg Popabitch on Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Potw

an-also

Post by an-also »

Gregg Popabitch wrote: Clearly, the only salvation for you heathens is conversion. And I don't mean 3rd down conversions.
:lol:

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

as the sole Tebow proponent for the last two years its funny to see the shit talkers mute and the bandwagon folks jumping on

smh
Hey, by the way who's Curt?

Kid That's Lifeless

Post by Kid That's Lifeless »

He still isn't a good QB.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

Kid That's Lifeless wrote:He still isn't a good QB.
and yet he keeps beating teams with what an idiot like you would consider a 'good quarterback'

no matter how many wins he gets, the dumbledorfs will still say 'he isn't a good quarterback'

fucking hilarious
Last edited by capable_keL on Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Rapping Coffin

Post by The Rapping Coffin »

maybe, but he has played a fairly important role in Denver's turnaround.

Kid That's Lifeless

capable_keL wrote:
and yet he keeps beating teams with what an idiot like you would consider a 'good quarterback'

no matter how many wins he gets, the dumbledorfs will still say 'he isn't a good quarterback'

fucking hilarious
:roll:

Strong words there, ace.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

it's moronic to deny that he is 'good' because he doesn't fit the template that you've come used to seeing.

if he can win in the NFL by virtually playing a college style scheme, he deserves even more credit

The Rapping Coffin

both the kel argument of "omg he JUST WINS " and the anti-tebow "he sucks, he doesn't accumulate counting stats" are both equally retarded.

Tim Tebow is deeply flawed QB, and will not last long in the NFL if he doesn't make significant progress. Having said that, the Tebow-led offense burns clock and it doesn't turn the ball over. Both of which are game winning strategies when you have a solid defense. Just look at Kansas City's game last night. They probably win that game if Tebow is their QB, since Palko constantly turned the ball over and made life a misery for his defense (which was still good enough to hold Pittsburgh to 13). Chicago would likewise probably take him in a heartbeat.

Tebow's Denver team wins the field position battle and puts the opposing offense in situations where they have drive the length of the field against a very good defense.

Tebow is a bottom tier QB, but he's the best bottom tier QB you could have if your defense is strong.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

The Rapping Coffin wrote:both the kel argument of "omg he JUST WINS
not my argument. the defensive dominance is obvious. I am talking about the QB, not the defense

Kid That's Lifeless

I really don't want to get into an argument about Tebow right now considering 90% of my football talk in real life consists of debating him. I'm sick of it.

I'll leave it at this. I don't think Denver's offense/Tebow's play is built for long-term success. I've conceded that I think he would be a great red zone weapon, but he's not a player to build a franchise around.

The Rapping Coffin

capable_keL wrote:
The Rapping Coffin wrote:both the kel argument of "omg he JUST WINS
not my argument.
uh that's exactly what you said,

Random Sample

Post by Random Sample »

I didn't watch the game last night. I was at the Watch the Throne tour here in Pittsburgh. I don't know whats worse, the steelers offense or the leather skirt that Kanye was wearing on stage.

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

I think the most intriguing thing about the Tebow issue is that two of his biggest haters are his own team's head coach and owner.

That's pretty great.

PEACE

an-also

Post by an-also »

John Fox deserves a lot of credit. He scrapped his whole offence and geared a new one that fits Tebow's strength's. A lot of coaches would have been too stubborn to adapt to their players. Unfortunately, this pulled them out of the Luck Sweepstakes though.

My opinion: I don't see Tebow as a long term solution unless he makes progress as a prototypical qb. Remember when the Dolphins first started the "wildcat". No one could stop it. Then teams got wise. Same deal here. Teams will find a way to come up with schemes to stop the college offense that the broncos are running. If by then, Tebow still cant play pocket qb, he's toast.

The Rapping Coffin

an-also wrote:teams got wise. Same deal here. Teams will find a way to come up with schemes to stop the college offense that the broncos are running. If by then, Tebow still cant play pocket qb, he's toast.
NE @ Den in 3 weeks has me drooling.

Gregg Popabitch

Post by Gregg Popabitch »

I never understood why more teams haven't employed a running QB?

I understand that defenses are faster and more complex but are you telling me that Vince Young, Charlie Ward, or a slew of other QBs couldn't run a similar offense that Tebow is right now as effectively? I also understand it's also difficult to come back from big leads in this scenario as well but if you are thinking that way, you already lost.