Super Bowl XLVI Thread

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

Who will win the Super Bowl?

New England Patriots
41%
New York Football Giants
59%

Total votes: 51

Joe Pesci

Post by Joe Pesci »

Congratulations Poppabich, Dwight, DLG, and w/e Giants fans are here.

Your team earned it. Eli Manning probably just sealed himself a spot in Canton with that last drive. At the end of the day the Giants are a well run organization and that is why they are one of the most successful teams in NFL history. I'm glad Brady and Belichick are going home losers once again.

I hope that one day it'll be the Jets holding up that Lombardi trophy, but for now, you guys deserve it. Respect.

eternalreflection
I'll Just STFU Now!

Post by eternalreflection »

this game is a massive boost to Peyton's legacy, it shows just how much isn't upto the QB, Brady won 3 rings before he became truly elite(04 is the first year you can even make the case he was a top5 QB) and 05-on he's been definitively top5, and generally #1/2

now he's lost both superbowls he's played during that stretch, both as favorites, with some other ugly playoff losses on top of it

he'll probably still end up ahead of Manning career wise because Manning seems to be done and Brady can be elite for a long time still and cover the gap Manning had built in games played

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Voted Giants.

jamrage

Post by jamrage »

eternalreflection wrote:this game is a massive boost to Peyton's legacy, it shows just how much isn't upto the QB, Brady won 3 rings before he became truly elite(04 is the first year you can even make the case he was a top5 QB) and 05-on he's been definitively top5, and generally #1/2

now he's lost both superbowls he's played during that stretch, both as favorites, with some other ugly playoff losses on top of it

he'll probably still end up ahead of Manning career wise because Manning seems to be done and Brady can be elite for a long time still and cover the gap Manning had built in games played
[i]Styles can be applied quickly to selected text.[/i]

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Congrats Giants fans.

Joe Pesci

Post by Joe Pesci »

Robert Kraft's reaction to the last play :owens:

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

FUCK

Welker catches that would be a whole diffrent game...

FUCK
FUCK
FUCK
Last edited by naturalborn103 on Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Not that I think it would have changed the outcome, but damn Brady has some shitty ass offensive options after Welker and the two TEs.

Prophecy
not Psychosis

Post by Prophecy »

All Eli does is beat Tom Brady. Also it's nice to see two former USF bulls get super bowl rings tonight. Fun fact, every former USF player that has a ring has won it with the giants (JPP, Jacquian Williams, and Kawika Mitchell).
"Dosent russian bitches let you shit on their face?" -AxEwOuNdFiStEr-
Masked Terror #1 wrote:We were cranking Slayer on the underwater speakers the whole trip. Sharks love Slayer.
Reggie wrote:Bottom line is that if you're not making rap music because you love it and/or you've got something unique to say, that is, if rap is just your "hustle", then you're a fucking asshole.

KidPhantom

Post by KidPhantom »

I think the patriots are cursed

PopeyeJones

Post by PopeyeJones »

KidPhantom wrote:I think the patriots are cursed
Nah, just a very good and very incomplete team.

Congrats Giants fans.

Prophecy
not Psychosis

Post by Prophecy »

Also, the commercials were pretty weak this year.
Masked Terror #1 wrote:We were cranking Slayer on the underwater speakers the whole trip. Sharks love Slayer.
Reggie wrote:Bottom line is that if you're not making rap music because you love it and/or you've got something unique to say, that is, if rap is just your "hustle", then you're a fucking asshole.

Julius Seizure

Post by Julius Seizure »

Congrats giants fans. Happy for coughlin and very impressed by eli. He has the balls that peyton was always lacking. The shot of kraft was heart-breaking.

Like the pats chances next year. Two 1st rders in a good draft. Brady with probably one year left of this level of play. Hopefully an upgrade at WR.

Don't think there's any shame in winning 3 and losing two of the best SBs ever. I think belichick has only helped his case as GOAT coach; brady on the other hand is only part of the discussion of best QBs. It'll take one more chip to make him the undisputed GOAT. With this D and those WR, eli could be a threat to win a cpl more. The throw eli made on the manningham catch was unfuckingreal.

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

eternalreflection wrote:this game is a massive boost to Peyton's legacy, it shows just how much isn't upto the QB, Brady won 3 rings before he became truly elite(04 is the first year you can even make the case he was a top5 QB) and 05-on he's been definitively top5, and generally #1/2

This fucking fag can even make Gaints winning the SB somehow about Peyton Manning.

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

Mankins had a horrible game and I thought Wilfork would of had a much much bigger impact.

Congrats DLG, Poppabitch, and rest of Giants fans.

Prophecy
not Psychosis

Post by Prophecy »

jamrage wrote:

Joe Pesci

Post by Joe Pesci »

They've won 3 Super Bowls in the past 10 years. Fuck any faggot who thinks that counts as a curse. You lost 2 Super Bowls, cry me a river.

:icedit: What about fans of the Browns, Bengals, Eagles, Lions, Cardinals, etc.; teams that haven't won a championship since before color tv, and certainly not in the Super Bowl era.

Having no secondary to speak of isn't a curse, it's a death wish against a QB like Eli Manning.
Last edited by Joe Pesci on Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Dunnnnleavy

Post by Dunnnnleavy »

so...i wonder if DLG made it to the end of the game.

congrats to the Giant fans.

waiting for Raymond Berry to walk down that aisle, and then up the steps, was really awkward.
When people think of Providence, Rhode Island they typically think of organized crime

Prophecy
not Psychosis

Post by Prophecy »

Joe Pesci wrote:
They've won 3 Super Bowls in the past 10 years. Fuck any faggot who thinks that counts as a curse. You lost 2 Super Bowls, cry me a river.

The last time the Jets even sniffed a championship was 2 decades before I was even born. And at least they've won one. What about fans of the Browns, Bengals, Eagles, Lions, Cardinals, etc.; teams that haven't won a championship before color tv, and certainly not in the Super Bowl era.
They've suffered some pretty heart breaking losses since the whole spygate thing went down.

Getting their heart ripped out at the end of the undefeated season
The Ravens putting it in their butt and letting it chill
The Jets talking all that shit and knocking them out of the playoffs to back it up
Tonights loss

Don't piss off the football Gods

Joe Pesci

Post by Joe Pesci »

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

PopeyeJones wrote:
Nah, just a very good and very incomplete team.

Congrats Giants fans.
i was a little startled he made that post: startled that he made it into peyton when it had zerio to do with him

then i read this

:fail: lil sunday night drink n chat

Spiccoli

Post by Spiccoli »

:naswtf: :naswtf:

Julius Seizure

Post by Julius Seizure »

Spiccoli wrote:

:naswtf: :naswtf:
:retard: :retard: :retard: :retard: :retard: :retard: :retard: :retard: :retard: :retard:

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

Once again, the chip is awarded to the team enjoying a hot streak during the playoffs. Congrats Giants. I appreciate that you guys prevented Brady from overtaking Montana, and that the Niners ultimately lost to the SB champs. And thanks to both teams for making it a great game. Pats didn't play winning football. All the stupid careless mistakes was what ultimately cost them. While the Manningham snag will go down in history as the greatest moment since David Tyree reeled it in. And the Manning family gonna have to get creative with the way holiday dinners are seated from here on out, cuz Eli the booger eater just earned himself a lifetime seat at the head of the table, along with Archie and Peyton. Shoutout to Cooper. And Eric Streeter. Great stuff all around. See yall faggs at the summer olympics.

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Q0DqPSF2fyo?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Q0DqPSF2fyo?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
@ 3:15 to infinity

PEACE

an-also

Post by an-also »

Anyone else catch Flava Flave randomly hug Tom Caughlin after his interview on NFL network? Caughlin probably has no idea who the fuck he was.

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

fuck the patriots.

jamrage

Post by jamrage »

peanut butter wrote:Once again, the chip is awarded to the team enjoying a hot streak during the playoffs. Congrats Giants. I appreciate that you guys prevented Brady from overtaking Montana, and that the Niners ultimately lost to the SB champs. And thanks to both teams for making it a great game. Pats didn't play winning football. All the stupid careless mistakes was what ultimately cost them. While the Manningham snag will go down in history as the greatest moment since David Tyree reeled it in. And the Manning family gonna have to get creative with the way holiday dinners are seated from here on out, cuz Eli the booger eater just earned himself a lifetime seat at the head of the table, along with Archie and Peyton.
PEACE

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
[i]Styles can be applied quickly to selected text.[/i]

GetToStepping

Post by GetToStepping »

Ecstatic to be a Giants fan tonight. I thought the commercials were wack this year (well except for that little kid pissing in the poool) and Madonna was terrible and spent half the time on stage stumbling and forgetting where stage front was (I agree with Kel... Fuck a halftime show).

No Patriot rings since Spygate. I wonder if that will start coming up in conversatiobs more often.

EDIT: That game flew by, right? I felt like I blinked and it was halftime. Blinked again and fourth quarter. Not sure how it stacks up against other SBs, but I don't remember a game ending by 10pm in recent memory.

DLG

Post by DLG »

Dunnnnleavy wrote:so...i wonder if DLG made it to the end of the game.
:lol:

my phone died.

just got home, bout to pop some advil and enjoy a nice long sleep and day off from work.

congrats to all my blue nation brethrens.

all eli does is win :cheers:

DLG

Post by DLG »

also, cris collinsworth clearly wants to have brady's dick in his mouth