NFL Off Season 2012

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

ric

Post by ric »

@kel
nah man. vacate the championship? no they won those games. theyre getting what they deserve right now. do they deserve those wins stripped because they were caught doing some widespread thing outsiders find morally outrageous? no.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

@ric, vacate your mind

alpha

Post by alpha »

You're the homie. But that's just dumb

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

no shit

[quote]
Associated Press

NFL's Top QB

1) Eli Manning, New York Giants: A 30-touchdown/4,000-yard passer with two Super Bowls in the past five years. Both won with last-minute drives -- and both over Tom Brady. Give me a better recent r

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

who wrote that?

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

NFL.com guy

Roy Johnson

Post by Roy Johnson »

Sweet Eli at #1

:puke:

:didntread:
Tweak Da Leak wrote:My nigga Poppabitch fucks with the swine?

AXEWOUNDFISTER
OG FISTOLA

Post by AXEWOUNDFISTER »

crazy brandon jacobs to 49ers :roll:

Spiccoli

Post by Spiccoli »

the high and mighty train calling for a lifetime ban and even criminal charges on gregg williams is getting tired. glad to hear someone actually being honest about this.
Chavous explains the ג€œtestingג€ of injuries, and the realities of pro football

Posted by Mike Florio on April 10, 2012, 8:56 AM EDT

Getty Images
Iג€™ve been gathering the opinions of folks who coached and played in the NFL regarding the meaning and the impact of the comments from former Saints defensive coordinator Gregg Williams before a playoff game against the 49ers.

On Monday, former NFL safety and current draft expert Corey Chavous offered on PFT Live a matter-of-fact, reasoned explanation of the remarks, in light of the realities of pro football.

As to the notion of targeting injuries, Chavous explained that itג€™s very common for opponents to attack injured areas, not to inflict further injury but to ג€œtestג€ the playerג€™s overall ability to perform.

ג€œI donג€™t think itג€™s to necessarily take you out,ג€ Chavous said. ג€œItג€™s to test your injury. And I mean every week you do that. If you know somebody has a lower extremity injury, then youג€™re gonna make sure you hit him around that area. Thatג€™s just football. Thatג€™s a part of it, and thatג€™s why youג€™re given the injury report. Theyג€™re not giving it so you donג€™t test it.ג€

Chavous acknowledged that the new sensitivity to concussions, but he reiterated that hard hits and an aggressive mindset continue to be a part of the game.

ג€œJack Tatum, what was he out there trying to do?ג€ Chavous said. ג€œHe was out there trying to literally take somebody out. Same thing with Ronnie Lott. I donג€™t think they were malicious in their thought process because I donג€™t think there was a thought process. That was the mentality I took to the game.

ג€œI remember talking to my teammates about, you know, understanding that on any play you can get paralyzed. My coach was like, ג€˜Whoa, whoa. Why did you say that?ג€™ I was like, ג€˜Well, itג€™s the truth, right?ג€™ And I didnג€™t care about that. And I think [there are] a lot of people who donג€™t really care about that. You understand the risks when you go out there, and you have got to go out there with the mentality that, if youג€™re gonna play this game, NFL game, you gotta go out with the mentality that any play it can be taken away from you. Youג€™re one play away. Never is that more evident in what Coach Williams was saying. Unfortunately, there probably are coaches who instructed to go after other players before. I donג€™t think itג€™s unprecedented.ג€

The blunt candor serves as a reminder that this is football at the highest level. Itג€™s rough and tough and mean. And the leagueג€™s office hand-wringing over safety within a blender of violence has drawn attention to matters that previously drew shrugs of the shoulders.

The question is whether these inherent aspects of pro football will change, or whether they simply wonג€™t be acknowledged so openly. Fans wonג€™t turn away from the NFL as long as it looks the same on TV; the challenge is to ensure that any neutering of the nastiness wonג€™t make the average game look like a below-average Pro Bowl.

DLG

Post by DLG »

Giants will probably get Keith Rivers by the end of the day.

Spiccoli

Post by Spiccoli »

DLG wrote:Giants will probably get Keith Rivers by the end of the day.
with hines ward out of the game hopefully his NFL balls finally drop. he was a bad motherfucker before hines introduced him to the league.

HomeSkillet

Post by HomeSkillet »

By Bo Smolka
CSNwashington.com

Are kickoffs going to be booted into oblivion?

Not anytime soon, but Giants president John Mara, a member of the NFL Competition Committee, said he could envision a day when football games have no kickoffs.

The reason, plain and simple, is player safety.

ג€œThe kickoff is by far the most dangerous play that we have in our game,ג€ Mara told Giants.com. ג€œThe hits are pretty violent and they come from all different directions.ג€

Kickoffs were moved from the 30- to the 35-yard line in large part to cut down on such collisions. The theory was that more kicks would reach the end zone, and fewer would be returned, leading to fewer of those full-speed, bone-crunching, brain-scrambling hits.

Last year, only 53.5 percent of kickoffs were returned, the lowest percentage in league history. Touchbacks might not be very exciting, but in terms of safety, the move was a resounding success.

Mara said that with the new kickoff rule in place, the number of concussions fell by 40 percent. So that rule change is clearly here to stay.

ג€œThere was no support for moving the kickoff back to the 30 yard-line,ג€ Mara said. ג€œI think everybody was convinced by the statistics.ג€

In fact, Mara floated another, more dramatic scenario.

ג€œWe had a lot of discussions about whether we should eliminate (the kickoff) and if we did what we could do in its place,ג€ he said. ג€œThereג€™s no consensus on it right now, but I could see the day in the future where that play could be taken out of the game.ג€
As exciting as kick offs are I find this hard to believe... but if as a fan I was getting a choice between removing kick offs and the continuation of hamstringing the defensive side of the ball I would take the lack of kick offs.

Really wierd idea though

ric

Post by ric »

jets already starting the nuclear meltdown

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

ric wrote:jets already starting the nuclear meltdown
what happened?

ric

Post by ric »

@naturalborn
players already stating they have doubts about tebow, sanchez, the team, etc. santonio being the biggest crybaby so far, sanchez crying, dbrickashaw ferguson making remarks above and beyond his remarks while co-hosting that nfl network show.

just saw a brief rundown on the nfl network today. perhaps they are doing their cable news impression, making something out of nothing, but it seemed to me from what was being said that the :owens: cancer is starting to spread in ny

DLG

Post by DLG »

steelers on some stryper ish

http://yfrog.com/kevhetjj

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

should have made giants/9ers kickoff the season.

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

Ramen wrote:should have made giants/9ers kickoff the season.
Kyle Williams must have had something to do with the league's fumbling of the issue

PEACE

an-also

Post by an-also »

What up niners fans. See you on opening weekend.

ric

Post by ric »

season schedule is out today

http://www.nfl.com/schedules/2012/REG1

alpha

Post by alpha »

playoffs possible... ? :roll: http://www.nfl.com/schedules/2012/REG/RAIDERS

this is an 8-8 team at best, most likely 6-10 or 7-9 for the 2012 Raiders.

Jayou Ayen

Post by Jayou Ayen »

Patriots have the easiest schedule in the league.

Take it up with Gloss, you White Piece of Shit.

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

alpha wrote:playoffs possible... ? :roll: http://www.nfl.com/schedules/2012/REG/RAIDERS

this is an 8-8 team at best, most likely 6-10 or 7-9 for the 2012 Raiders.
Im thinking top 10 pick.

Manti Teo.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

The LA Vikings
Hey, by the way who's Curt?

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

THE FUCKING GOD DAMN REPUBLICANS STAY RUINING MY LIFE. BUILD THE VIKINGS A STADIUM OR THEY LEAVE, WE BEEN WAITING FOR 10 + YEARS. YOU FUCKING PIECES OF SHIT. THEY ABOUT TO LEAVE THE STATE
:owens: :owens: :owens: :thebest: :thebest:

an-also

Post by an-also »

That would suck.

HomeSkillet

Post by HomeSkillet »

The vikings cant leave minny... where the hell would they go that Jacksonville won't already be?

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

HomeSkillet wrote:The vikings cant leave minny... where the hell would they go that Jacksonville won't already be?
the franchise will move to where the new stadium is

the vikings moving is more likely than minnesota building a new stadium

this might very well happen baring a last minute deal by republican douche bag politicians
Hey, by the way who's Curt?

Prophecy
not Psychosis

Post by Prophecy »

HomeSkillet wrote:The vikings cant leave minny... where the hell would they go that Jacksonville won't already be?
Jacksonville won't be going anywhere for AT LEAST 5 years, turn off the ESPN. Minny, San Diego, Tampa, or Oakland are all more likely moving candidates. Jax is locked the fuck down for the next 5 years in a pretty tight lease....
"Dosent russian bitches let you shit on their face?" -AxEwOuNdFiStEr-
Masked Terror #1 wrote:We were cranking Slayer on the underwater speakers the whole trip. Sharks love Slayer.
Reggie wrote:Bottom line is that if you're not making rap music because you love it and/or you've got something unique to say, that is, if rap is just your "hustle", then you're a fucking asshole.