The Official 2012 NBA Season Thread

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

Kid That's Lifeless wrote:How big of a sample size is that 48% representing?

I don't remember seeing him take too many jumpers.
21/44 from 16-23 feet. Not huge, but not a fluke either.

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

Show me where I said he couldn't shoot? You're gonna have trouble tracking that down, because I didn't. What I did say is that its not his game. So whether he can or can't make jumpers is irrelevant. The Knicks didn't sign Tyson Chandler to score from 15 feet out. And that's why its not surprising at all that he took most of his shots from inside the key. Hence my initial sarcasm. He's a quality traditional post player. He catches at the rim and dunks, plus grabs offensive boards and gets easy put backs. Everybody already knew that though. He is who we thought he was. Who fucking cares?

PEACE

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

Your right. You didn't say he cant shoot. You said, "He's Tyson Chandler dude. The fuck did you expect?" and compared him to Biedrins. Seems like you are implying he can't shoot jumpers. Whatever though.

You did wrongly say his most affective years were with NO and cp3, Lin was responsible this year, and Chandler wasn't doing his job last year when he was hitting jumpers..

My point was and is:
I am only saying for somebody who can shoot a jumper it is surprising throughout the whole season he has only 2 points out of 610 that came from outside the paint. Not sure why that is so difficult for you to comprehend.
You don't find it interesting then whatever, I am sure other people will.

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

I refuse to get like ric and YAC this thread. So instead, lets just agree to agree.

PEACE

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

Cool..

Saints owner bought Hornets and:

Speaking at the NBA Board of Governors meeting on Friday, David Stern said that he is "hopeful, but not optimistic" that the Kings and Maloofs will be able to work out their issues with the city in building a new arena, which would be a prerequisite in keeping the team in Sacramento. This puts serious doubt that the team will be able to stay in Sacramento. Stern went on to say "I think we have done as much as we can do," and barring a last minute savior, it certainly seems like the team will not be in Sacramento in the long term.

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

PEACE

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

LOL @ Hotbreath VC

Nobody got mad when Yaozer was shooting those 12 footers even though he can't miss at the rim.
UBM CD COMING SOON

Big Breeze

Post by Big Breeze »

Kings trying to move to Orange County again.

Bad move. LA/Orange County won't suppport them.

They might as well move to Seattle if they're gonna relocate.

Req

Post by Req »

Big Breeze wrote:Kings trying to move to Orange County again.

wat if they changed their jerseys to orange?

or maybe to the colors of a big mexican/central american gang

merchandi$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$e
F.U. MOOLAH

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

Camby with 18 board and 3 minutes left to go in the first half

PEACE

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

I hope the Kings move!

We agreed in that one thread that you can opt out as fan when a team moves right!?

Brokewax

Post by Brokewax »

Big Breeze wrote:Kings trying to move to Orange County again.

They might as well move to Seattle if they're gonna relocate.
Co-sign, I'd never root for them. Those Kings/Lakers WCF games might as well have happened yesterday. That said, it would be cool not to have to drive to Staples to see some games.

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

Hey remember a few years back when Tim Donaghy threw those great Lakers-Kings games you guys?

PEACE

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TZ87Y7qGhpQ?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TZ87Y7qGhpQ?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

PEACE

Jayou Ayen

Post by Jayou Ayen »

Ramen wrote:I hope the Kings move!

We agreed in that one thread that you can opt out as fan when a team moves right!?
Lob City for you, blud?

Take it up with Gloss, you White Piece of Shit.

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

Jayou Ayen wrote:

Lob City for you, blud?

I dont know, am I allowed to RU and claim dodger blue?

Jayou Ayen

Post by Jayou Ayen »

Ramen wrote:
Jayou Ayen wrote:

Lob City for you, blud?

I dont know, am I allowed to RU and claim dodger blue?
Can't be any worse than those Powder fucking Blue blouses that Tweak rocks with red chucks.

Take it up with Gloss, you White Piece of Shit.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

pacers clinched. twas a good day.

and westbrook is the most athletic pg of all time

and someone needs to youtube/gif the 7 step travel by lebron (that didn't get called a travel, in fact, got called a foul in his favor and he went to the line) that espn has been showing a lot this week
Nets 2022

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »

Reason wrote:and someone needs to youtube/gif the 7 step travel by lebron (that didn't get called a travel, in fact, got called a foul in his favor and he went to the line) that espn has been showing a lot this week
<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NGsl36MnOqY?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NGsl36MnOqY?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
This?

Yes it was a travel, but it was 3 steps, not 7. Massive :fail: at whoever put that graphic counting to 7 on the screen.

Boris.

Post by Boris. »

LOL. Just LOL. Nba should crack down on travelling. It's gotten out of hand recently and a lot of players use it to get by their defender.

I see alot of travelling on the first step (when players recieve a pass and don't dribble the ball soon enoug), I think this is a big problem.
If you can't walk the walk, don't talk the talk.

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Rules don't apply to stars.

HomeSkillet

Post by HomeSkillet »

Moolah that is 4-5 steps at BEST. Thats ridiculous traveling.

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

before season started some of the new rules has to do with traveling and how they actually going to enforce it this year... lol

an-also

Post by an-also »

Moolah wrote:
Reason wrote:and someone needs to youtube/gif the 7 step travel by lebron (that didn't get called a travel, in fact, got called a foul in his favor and he went to the line) that espn has been showing a lot this week
<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NGsl36MnOqY?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NGsl36MnOqY?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
This?

Yes it was a travel, but it was 3 steps, not 7. Massive :fail: at whoever put that graphic counting to 7 on the screen.
:lol:

Boris.

Post by Boris. »

he actually travelled twice on this play... when he received the ball and on the layup
If you can't walk the walk, don't talk the talk.

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

JVG going on the league to stop the flop. I love it.

PEACE

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

Boris. wrote:he actually travelled twice on this play... when he received the ball and on the layup
exactly. the count of 7 was dumb b/c they counted one legal step but there were two 3 steppers meaning two turnovers that weren't called on one play, it's still so hilarious, especially b/c it happened AFTER all the lebron travelling gifs started popping up (someone post some of those too LOL)
Nets 2022

HomeSkillet

Post by HomeSkillet »

LeTravelle?
la chienne est un chat

an-also

Post by an-also »

JVG >>>>>>>>>>>>>>
<object width="640" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/huLfBUuS7ng?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/huLfBUuS7ng?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="360" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

Gasol just injured his knee. not looking good.