The Official 2011/2012 NHL Thread

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

Kalel
Internet Celebrity

Post by Kalel »

jredd109 wrote:kings now the team to beat in the playoffs?

i say yes.
I say no.

Jersey.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Jeresey is playing at such a high level now and they're just big tough muthafuckers. I wouldn't be surprised to see them make the finals and come out victorious. I think LA vs NJ is what we're about to see.

BigCat8

Post by BigCat8 »

Kalel wrote:

i say yes.
I say no.

Jersey.
As well as Jersey is playing, it's tough to disagree, but...

Kings have taken down the #1 and #2 seeds in a total of 9 games, and have probably the hottest goaltender in the playoffs right now. They've found their scoring touch, which is what they sorely lacked in the regular season.

The Devils have beaten the #3 Panthers (in a highly competitive series) and the #5 Flyers (pretty soundly). I think the arguments to be made for the Devils are probably momentum and defensive prowess, but I can't convince myself they're the team to beat when you consider everything going for the Kings.

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Positive A wrote:Damn. Peeps need to stop sleeping on my Yotes.

jredd109

Post by jredd109 »

quick vs smith should be glorious.

jredd109

Post by jredd109 »

Kalel wrote:

i say yes.
I say no.

Jersey.
to win the east, definitely.

Matthew

Post by Matthew »

Kings are unreal this playoffs. PHX/LA could be a good series, but I see it going 5 games..

I think NYR/Caps are the two best teams in the east, but fatigue is such a factor in the playoffs. At game 1 of the semis, I thought whoever won that series would walk to the finals, but 14 games is tiring.

I really hope the east wins. LA is on a roll, though. Go caps/rangers.

Kalel
Internet Celebrity

Post by Kalel »

Philaflava wrote:Jeresey is playing at such a high level now and they're just big tough muthafuckers. I wouldn't be surprised to see them make the finals and come out victorious. I think LA vs NJ is what we're about to see.
I know you wanted your team to win and honestly going into the series I didn't feel great about our chances. But now that I've seen the Devils get better and stronger in the playoffs I don't really believe they can be beat.

That being said I've seen a total of three (3) western conference playoff games this season. :lol:

I'd be really happy to see the Devils take down the Rangers in the ECF. OH MAN, I FUCKING WANT THAT TO HAPPEN.

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Game tonight should be a goodie.

Who ya got??!?

I'm picking the upset. Holtby with a massive game.

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Nm rangers will roll

Kalel
Internet Celebrity

Post by Kalel »

Do you feel that? That feeling in the air ...

Ah yes, I know that feeling. Although it's been a while I can remember ...

... revenge.

Can't. Wait.

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Yeah. Both series will be excellent. Lets do this.

jredd109

Post by jredd109 »

derek stepan's mom is hot.

happy mother's day!

an-also

Post by an-also »

Loved Brown and Doan dropping the gloves.

hustler

Post by hustler »

i dont know why teams dont shoot from centre more
thekeentwo wrote:hustler we can totally have sex

Kiran187

Post by Kiran187 »

hustler wrote:i dont know why teams dont shoot from centre more
Me too. Obviously you're not gonna score regularly but some of those long shots take crazy bounces and if a guy can keep it low off a goalie's pads, there's probably some decent chances for rebounds.

hustler

Post by hustler »

Kiran187 wrote:
hustler wrote:i dont know why teams dont shoot from centre more
Me too. Obviously you're not gonna score regularly but some of those long shots take crazy bounces and if a guy can keep it low off a goalie's pads, there's probably some decent chances for rebounds.
yup, also if u have a team mate racing in, the goalie has to cover the puck causing an offensive zone face off. there's just nothing but positive things that can result from the center ice slapper.

hustler

Post by hustler »

i dont know why teams dont shoot from centre more

Kalel
Internet Celebrity

Post by Kalel »

Strange game.

If you look at the highlights or stats you might think the Rangers dominated all game but, in my opinion, the Devils outplayed the Rangers in almost every aspect. If Lundqvist wasn't in God Mode the game might have ended 3-0 in the Devils favor.

I don't know. I'm bummed because it was a game 1 shutout but, I'm not really mad at the way the Devils played with the exception of stick handling. Way too many pucks got left behind during offensive runs.

We lost the first game with Philly too.

DLG

Post by DLG »

How is Lundqvist in god mode? the players block more shots than he actually saves. put him on a team with an average defense and he's not that great.

go devs.

Kalel
Internet Celebrity

Post by Kalel »

DLG wrote:How is Lundqvist in god mode? the players block more shots than he actually saves. put him on a team with an average defense and he's not that great.

go devs.
Preaching to the choir, dude. I never thought he was as good a goalie as his numbers say, but I can't deny dude got it done on more than one occasion last night. Particularly the way he blocked Parise's rapid 3 shots on goal.

Although Marty had the best save of the night.

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

PEACE

Kiran187

Post by Kiran187 »

^^^ that's jokes. Obviously the Kings are 3rd string in LA right now with the Clippers and Lakers both in the 2nd round but that's ridiculous. I'm not saying that the Kings will ever be as big as the Lakers or even the Clippers but a Stanley Cup win will go a long way to getting them some exposure in LA.

Kiran187

Post by Kiran187 »

Kalel wrote:
DLG wrote:How is Lundqvist in god mode? the players block more shots than he actually saves. put him on a team with an average defense and he's not that great.

go devs.
Preaching to the choir, dude. I never thought he was as good a goalie as his numbers say, but I can't deny dude got it done on more than one occasion last night. Particularly the way he blocked Parise's rapid 3 shots on goal.

Although Marty had the best save of the night.
NJ was definitely the better team through the first 2 periods last night. Way more puck possession and control in the offensive zone. NYR looked gassed for most of the game. I don't know how they managed to get it done in the 3rd period.

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Kiran187 wrote:^^^ that's jokes. Obviously the Kings are 3rd string in LA right now with the Clippers and Lakers both in the 2nd round but that's ridiculous. I'm not saying that the Kings will ever be as big as the Lakers or even the Clippers but a Stanley Cup win will go a long way to getting them some exposure in LA.
Kings don't need exposure. They fill Staples at 100% capacity and I imagine there being a nice, cult like following in the area. Hockey doesn't need to "blow up". The people that follow the NHL in the US are smart, knowledgeable, passionate fans. It's obviously great to attract new fans, but personally, I feel being "4th best" of the team sports is perfect for the league.

Sry 4 breaking off to tangent.

Kiran187

Post by Kiran187 »

Positive A wrote:
Kiran187 wrote:^^^ that's jokes. Obviously the Kings are 3rd string in LA right now with the Clippers and Lakers both in the 2nd round but that's ridiculous. I'm not saying that the Kings will ever be as big as the Lakers or even the Clippers but a Stanley Cup win will go a long way to getting them some exposure in LA.
Kings don't need exposure. They fill Staples at 100% capacity and I imagine there being a nice, cult like following in the area. Hockey doesn't need to "blow up". The people that follow the NHL in the US are smart, knowledgeable, passionate fans. It's obviously great to attract new fans, but personally, I feel being "4th best" of the team sports is perfect for the league.

Sry 4 breaking off to tangent.
Ya that's a good way to look at it. As long as they can draw fans and keep the franchise running as well as it has over the past few years, it's all good. My only thing is that some new fans always help with stuff like TV deals which are great to have in place if times do ever get lean.

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Troof.

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Ummmmm... Is it me or us this quietly one of the more dominant playoff performances in...years?

Kiran187

Post by Kiran187 »

LA is definitely getting it done this year. 10-1 in the playoffs with 7 consecutive road wins. One more and they set the all time record.

Kalel
Internet Celebrity

Post by Kalel »

God is dead.

Go Devils.